Steven Mark TPU Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Mark TPU Manual

Hi everyone ! I've found a manual , based on 100% working replica of Stiven's TPU . With all the tricks and tips and all that.
    Before sharing I want to follow all the steps in it . The manual originated from russian forum ( I'm russian myself ) . I live in Michigan right now, Port Huron.
    If there is anyone who can provide workshop or anything like that .Or collaborate and do it together I'll be really glad to do that.

Why not just share it now and we all work on it together?

Comment

OK , right now I only have schematic translated, without the full guide.

I don't know how it will turn out because it's a big image.
      Attached Files

Comment

Scope diagram of 4 signals on push coils

Here's how signals look . Or should look.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ElronD_T34; 11-11-2013, 03:48 AM.

Comment

For feedback ideal option would be Meanwell Power Supply Products
          Can be adjusted to 19V.

Comment

Looks good. I have a 5 inch ferrite toroid that I used way back when SM TPU first came out. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Comment

This doesn't have to be a ferrite. This guy used a piece of plywood to cut out 200mm diameter circle.
              But my guess - using ferrite should help it . Because we need to get as high of a freq. as possible.
              As I said , don't have everythigh right now , but I'm working on it in my free time. Tomorrow evening there will be second portion of information. So little bit of patience and faith

Comment

First step

Take the smallest wire you have ( magnet wire 30-35 awg is good ) .
                Take a circle 200mm outer diameter.
                2*3.14*100mm= 628 mm - lenght of 1 turn. We need 3 turns ( optimal ) .
                So 650mm ( some xtra ) * 3 = 1950mm. Let's round it up to 2 meters.
                Now that 30-35 awg wire. Put 2 nails 2 meters appart from each other and make
                600 turns on them. Your homemade litz wire should be approx. diameter of 25mm. That extra should be enough for when you twis all your 600 turns togerger.
                Then wind it on your 200mm frame like so :
                PS : Don't forget to solder the ends together.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ElronD_T34; 11-11-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Welcome and thank you for sharing

Sir
                  Thank you for starting this Topic.
                  I did share your link here also.

TPU Replicator looking for help {Has Instructions ??}

thx
                  Chet
                  Last edited by RAMSET; 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM. Reason: added link to TPU thread/Forum
                  If you want to Change the world
                  BE that change !!

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing. It will be nice to have your translation on the manual. I do have a PDF OCR program that can read pdf's and translate from Russian. Also anything that is in a text or document format can be easily translated although not likely as good as you can do especially with technical terms. If you have the Russian document I'd gladly give a try at running it through my translator (and OCR if needed).
                    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Second Step

Now we need to insulate the first coil really well. ! Important - insulation has to be able to withstand the heat. Original replicator was using Fluoropolymer ( google guessing here ) . The analog of it is Teflon tape like TEFLON 7, FLUON G 163, 190, ALGOFLON F, HOSTAFLON TF 1702, POLYFLON M 12,14 .
                      Has to look like this after ( green is your insulation ) :
                      Attached Files

Comment

Third Step

Over the insulation we will need to wind aluminum tape like this one : Tape
                        !!! Important part !!!
                        We need to wind it as tight as possible BUT WITHOUT turns touching one another !
                        On the schematic you can see the tape as yellow lines.
                        There should be ONE LEAD comming from the tape.
                        As you can see on the schematic - this lead goes to your HV source.
                        From your HV source - POSITIVE lead goes to the tape , NEGATIVE to the Ground ( We do this to get the amperage , will explain later. )
                        Now here is the trick . The author says that the voltage needs to be TUNED to a
                        certain location! And even weather can affect it. So it has to be ADJUSTIBLE.

After the tape should look like so : ( PURPLE is your tape with ONE lead )
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                          Sir
                          Thank you for starting this Topic.
                          I did share your link here also.

TPU Replicator looking for help {Has Instructions ??}

thx
                          Chet
                          Thanks for spreading the word.
                          One thing I would like to add. On overunityresearch he says :
                          " Looks like the HV bias just potential of a single polarity, like a single capacitor plate. The other end of the HV is grounded (to what?). Wouldn't this provide a radial electric field between the collector and the HV wire? "
                          Yes ! This is a plate of a BIG capacitor , wich is : Foil is POSITIVE and Ground is NEGATIVE.
                          Last edited by ElronD_T34; 11-12-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Fourth Step

Now we need to insulate the tape that was put on in step 3 . Use same teflon tape as prior.
                            Next thing we need is to put a collector wire ( Needs to be thick. I would use 10 AWG ) all around the whole unit.
                            The collector wire and Litz wire are connected in series.
                            Beginning of collector wire is connected to the end of Litz wire .
                            Load goes between the beginning of Litz wire and the end of collector wire.
                            Collector wire should look like so :
                            Attached Files

Comment

A question

ElronD_T34

I have sent you a PM message [top right hand side of the page where it says Welcome ElronD_34]

Thank you for sharing.

Chet
                              If you want to Change the world
                              BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
                              X