No announcement yet.

Re-Inventing The Wheel-Part1-Clemente_Figuera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLCs are a great option for controlling all kinds of things. I have worked on many of them. Output modules are about the only thing that ever goes wrong with them unless they get hit with a high surge like a nearby lightning strike.

Another option would be to use some of the newer little microprocessors. The Arduino and Picaxe are both pretty easy to program with the Picaxe using basic language and the Arduino using libraries of code. I prefer the Picaxe only because I learned to program it first and am more familiar with it. Either of them or some of the others can be connected to driver chips to control Fet's for power control.

The Basic Free Energy device thread has some code for a Picaxe I wrote to control a battery swapping control board. You can see how simple it is to program by looking at that code. See page 45 of that thread and look for post 1340.

For example to program for switching the part g you would write:

high 1
    pause 10
    high 2
    low 1
    pause 10
    high 3
    low 2
    pause 10

and so on until you got to the end of how ever many connections you had. This would turn on a mosfet and then pause for 10 microseconds and then turn on the next mosfet and then turn off the previous one to give you a smooth transition with no drop outs and no arcing. You adjust the pause to get the frequency you want depending on the number of steps you have.

Carroll
    Last edited by citfta; 02-27-2017, 09:27 PM. Reason: Added programming example
    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Bi; "Why not use a PLC for the switching control in part G?"
      I have no experience of PLC's at all but believe they can produce the operating speed needed. The weak point is the relays. I looked quick at a 3 Amp Reed switch (reley element) and found a maximum operating speed to be 100 Hz. Lets say we want a 50 Hz sinus-like waweform from 16 steps. That makes 800 Hz.
      As BroMikey sayed: a set of brushes is the poor mans device used instead of advanced electronics.
      I have used a crude PCB (printed circuit board) and cutted out my commutator pattern with a surgeon knife.
      Good enough for experiments, even if I'm not poor.
      I'm slow. I saw UFO's answer and agree.

Have you read my PM? History now. Not important.
      Regars / Arne
      Last edited by seaad; 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Good tips Carroll / Arne

Comment

• Not a "Poor's Man" choice...at all.

Hello Bro Mikey,

I really do not agree with commutation-brush as being a poor man's choice friend...I bet you knew I would not agree with it right?...

I rather burn commutators and replace brushes before I move on, on really unknown grounds walking with expensive FET's and electronic processors.

I rather build a very reliable rotary-mechanical switching device (like mine now...) which even have a sweet cooling fan at the end almost freezing motor and brushes-elements...and that I can absolutely rely on running it for very long hours of testing and sparking galore.

So, once we get the "Perfect Signal" which makes OU and performs excellent...then it is a piece of cake to move it on a Signal Generator...and design then build the electronic board...

But I understand not everyone is able to put together from scratch such device...not because of capabilities in expertise, but in equipment and time required to make all parts.

Plus I really love that humming high speed feeling...well, you all know that...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Related to Cores Geometries...

Hello All,

I have to really include myself on this mistake...and relates to Cores Geometries for a Generator.

I was dead wrong guys...

According to Classic and Old Books...a perfect Electromagnet Core is based on a 3(Length)X1(thickness) Ratio Scale which delivers either rectangle or cylinders which are THREE TIMES LONGER than thickness...Some books said about "preventing" "Magnetic Leakage" between poles...like flat coils do for being too close...plain and simple BS!!

And I mean, this concept is not wrong...but, for the APPLICATIONS we are playing with related to Figuera...this scale ratio do not work, they generate long fields which do not "expand and retract" that much (I mean, they can not "expand" any more than the way they are)...plus they do not grow in "Geometrical Volume" either...just long, hot dog style fields...

Let's take a closer look at a SIMPLE Home Generator...make it whatever from an 800 to a 7000 Watts.

Then take a closer look at its cores and coils GEOMETRY...they are almost "Flat, Pancake Style" types for all, exciters and generating (Induced) Fields, and so, they are overlapped.

And so, I criticized Hanon's Coils for being too flat...sorry Hanon, I was DEAD WRONG!

And I am referring basically to CORE LENGTH, Not Height, not width

The BEST runs I ever had, are based on Flat Looking Coils...in ALL, or meaning BOTH Applications (Inducing and Induced)

Now, I am making half inch length and 1 1/2 thick cores for exciter's...and like 300 feet of 23 awg which will have around 6-7 ohms...and so, what a nice Inducing Field they can spin and at sooo low Voltage and amperage...!!

Just wanted to share all this...

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-27-2017, 10:16 PM.
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

This dual square inverted signal is very simple to reproduce with 555 Timers triggering and a couple of high speed FET's...plus it could be easily "smooth out"...or rounded up.

Excellent and very strong Induction!!
              Many months ago somebody already suggested that... Even posted an electronic circuit. But it fell in deaf ears.

No need to smooth the signal. Electromagnets create a filter with time constant = L/R, so they already smooth any input signal.

By increasing input voltage from the battery you will avoid the current (measured after the electromagnets) reaching zero level. The higher the voltage the longer time that it needs to get discharged, and if the next pulse begin after full discharge then you will avoid reaching zero level. It is a matter of adjusting the voltage and frequency to the filter time constant (L/R) which is the parameter that defines the discharge speed.

One square input signal and the result after RL filtering:
              Last edited by hanon1492; 02-27-2017, 10:58 PM.
              https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Allcanadian View Post
                @seaad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_rheostat

What a brilliant idea, thanks

I understand most don't get this so it may help to enlighten some people what we Engineers like myself actually do.

Fist we have a simple "Liquid rheostat" ... fair enough but what do you see, where is the application?. At which point logic and reason should enter the equation and we see the distance between the electrodes and the electrolyte determine the resistance of the circuit. So we take a 3" PVC tube with two output electrodes N and S inside the tube opposite each other and a central offset rotating electrode we will call (+). Next we fill the PVC tube with water and add KOH or salt and we have a near infinitely variable self healing variable frequency rheostat with the outputs having a phase difference of 180 degrees not unlike the Figuera device. The materials including a variable speed DC motor to rotate the offset center electrode should cost around $40 and a few hours to assemble.

Fair enough however this simple device also solves many other problems. Now suppose I want a three phase driver with a variable offset, variable frequency and a clean variable resistance waveform at let's say an input of 50KV. What other components could I use to do this very same thing?. Well there are no components you can buy I know of to do this and even if you could it would cost tens of thousands of dollars not $50 and a few hours of your time.

Now let's say we built a commutator like many of the builders have shown with tightly spaced bars around 1mm apart. What can we expect?, well first after adding carbon residue from the brush we can expect even medium voltages to start bleeding across the bars like a sieve. Where a $40 liquid rheostat with the proper electrolyte could handle 30KV without even breaking a sweat through multiple paths of various phase differences. You see this is what real Engineers do, they see something simple everyone overlooked and find as many applications and solutions to seemingly impossible problems as they can.

This seemingly uninteresting device called a liquid rheostat is a gold mine in my opinion and I have already devised 20 different applications in the last hour. The unfortunate truth is that if we are not solving the problems we face then we are not moving forward. The more problems we solve the more idea's we get to solve other problems and the whole fiasco starts snowballing until the solutions are coming so fast and furious we can't keep up any more. This is how Engineering and Inventing works... take a simple idea and run with it to see where it takes you.

AC

Hello AC, i believe this idea has some merit, the internal electrode would need to be a cylinder also, to be able to spin in liquid at 3600 RPM, turbulence would be a killer.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Ufopolitics, can you post a quick drawings of your new core design? Grey Wolf

Comment

• Original

Would it not be advisable to reproduce the original first then go advanced any way you choose.
                    Seams Doug's words strike me again as being the best advice to follow. trying to change the chicken before you ever had one hatch seems counter productive on many levels when you have NEVER laid eyes on a chicken in the first place.

The key is part G, with out it we are doomed for failure.

BroMikey;

You are completely correct. the wrong questions are being asked or none at all.

MM
                    Last edited by marathonman; 02-28-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Using PLCs

I have been programming PLCs for almost 20 years and they are not a good choice for this application. Most of the least expensive ones ($200 - $300 new) are limited to 600 output switchings per minute. The programming $oftware is Windows only and will not run on Linux, even with Wine.

The Arduino or Picaxe are much better suited and a lot less expensive, and the Arduino programming software runs on Linux or Windows.

Regards,
                      Cadman

Comment

• Relays

If you are going that route Crydom's solid state instantaneous turn-on versions is 0.02 msec turn on delay (DC control Models) which is plenty fast enough for 50 or 60 hz operation with any low voltage control system you have in mind down to 3 volts.
                        or even a triac can be used allowing bidirectional flow.

MM
                        Last edited by marathonman; 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Watching the problems found by many builders with sparks in the commutator as consequence of lack of good contact, maybe it is time to rethink the use of one of the next two designs, which make sure a good contact because the brushes are static, as in the design of common generators/motors:

Design A: rotor with the 7 resistors/resistance wire spinning + two outlet towards the coils

Design B: commutator rotating and connected to 7 slip rings, each going to one resistors/connection. This design can be also used to power the toroid inductor.

https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Designs

Point blank resistive wire or resistors will get hot, i know this for a fact.
                            second pic will have so much drag that a 1 horse power motor will be needed.
                            sorry but just my take on the situation so i think the rethinking needs rethought since the thinking process was lacking real thought that led to the rethink.
                            wow that was a cool thought that makes you think, i sure think so.

MM
                            Last edited by marathonman; 03-01-2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Strictly about secondaries...

Hello to All,

This post and its information is NOT based on "IDEAS" nor SPECULATIONS or Tinkering...BUT BASED ON REAL DEVELOPMENT AND SEVERAL HOURS OF TESTING.

And again, this INFO is basically about a NEW WAY to Wind and Connect Your Secondaries, and it is NOT related to Part G or any other Method to Fluctuate Fields...but solely to Secondaries.

First I will go over the way Figuera's Primaries Fluctuate, no secondaries shown here:

[IMG][/IMG]

On top Figure we see the Primary N, EXPANDING and Primary S RETRACTING.

I know many here do not believe (still) in Magnetic Fields Spin...but I do, and so this shows the Spin at center between both primaries.

When Primary N Expands as a North it Spins CW (Blue Spiral plus Arrow) while Primary S Retracts it Spins the same Direction as N (Red Spiral with Arrow)

On bottom Figure we see the Primary N, RETRACTING and Primary S EXPANDING.

The Opposite Spin Takes place here from BOTH Primaries...take a look at the Blue-Red arrows...

And this is the reason why we get a "Sinewave" at Secondaries...half cycle up, half down...

This was BASIC STUFF about the way Figuera Primaries Fluctuate with REPULSION FIELDS WHETHER NORTH OR SOUTH (DO NOT ABSOLUTELY MATTER, JUST SPIN DIRECTION REVERSES)

NOW LET'S GO TO SECONDARIES...:

[IMG][/IMG]

On top Figure we can see the TYPICAL WAY we have been winding our Secondaries...plus their simple two ends output...

Well, I could say NOW we have been doing it VERY WRONG!!

Actually we have been ONLY CATCHING a 50% of our Primaries Fluctuations by doing it the "Typical Way"...

There is a bit more complex than that...

On Bottom Figure You can see my NEW STRUCTURE AND CONNECTIONS OF SECONDARIES

And I have "painted" the two coils in Gold and Green to be able to see it with clarity.

I have made only a Single Layer here not to complicate drawing...but it is understood each secondary have multiple layers.

If You look at winding directions...both are exactly following the same way...so, NOT OPPOSED WINDINGS...ACTUALLY We could just connect the Two Starts from both coils and would be in perfect series connect.

These are TWO PHYSICALLY SEPARATED COILS FACING EACH OTHERS, NOT OVERLAPPED, AND EACH WITH EXACTLY SAME AMOUNT OF LAYERS, SAME GAUGE, SAME NUMBER TURNS...SAME LENGTH.

OTHER WORDS, TWO TWIN COILS FACING EACH OTHERS BY THE STARTING TERMINALS, RIGHT AT CENTER OF SECONDARY IRON CORE

NOW...take a look at the way they connect...:

The START of the Gold Coil connects with the END of Green Coil.

The START of the Green Coil connects with the END of the Gold Coil.

And so, from this two jumped connections, you derive the Output.

The Result...is EXACTLY the DOUBLE IN POWER that if you just connect them both in Typical Series (two center Starts attached together) and collect Output from both ends...

NO BS...SERIOUSLY, You could go ahead and make it then test them...and so, please get back to Us here with your results.

Why is this so?

Simple...we are collecting SIMULTANEOUSLY from BOTH FLUCTUATIONS FROM BOTH PRIMARIES...MEANING 100%

I would be making some Video-Testing to show it for REAL...

Regards to All

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 03-01-2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Secondary

Seams the secondary your way would have half the voltage and the same currant as the original way but ill take your word for it.
                                as i explained before the primaries working this way in unison bring the spatial field back to 100 % no matter how the secondary is wound. two magnetic fields occupying the same relative space in space, one increasing, one decreasing will bring the spatial field according to William Hooper to 100 %.

Mm
                                Last edited by marathonman; 03-01-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X