Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marathonman View Post
    UFO;
    The reason the other contacts are not shown (9-16) is because they are already connected. you have to remember that this device is actually winding's on a core. no resistors or capacitors are involved because there is no need to as part G essentially performs both of these roles.

why he chose to draw it this way i have no clue and even had me stumped for a year. see you are correct in the sense but backwards when you said AC wave form with DC superimposed because it is actually DC with AC superimposed. Figuera need to slightly mimic the function of AC to get the resistance/ currant to fluctuate, with the winding's on a core and a moving contact he achieved his goal. thus having all the superior strengths of DC electromagnet with AC overtones used for switching purposes. utter genius !

referring back to the contacts, i agree they are misleading but that is why 9-16 contacts are not shown because they are all ready connected because they are winding's on a core so there was no need to draw them.

you still seem to think the R box as you put it, is separate, this would be incorrect. it says it is just a drawing to facilitate the comprehension of the function. it is in fact one unit comprising of multiple roles.

if you put caps anywhere in the positions you have stated the device will in fact not switch properly thus rendering the device useless.

elchepo;

since i have sold the device to buy pure iron cores i no longer have it but i do still have my notes. i have since moved and most of my stuff is still in boxes so give me a few days to find them. i am in the middle of a financial proposal also so please be patient, i will post it.
    "I forgot that he has connections on the comm itself, 1&16, 2&15, 3&14, etc. That indicates he is working back and forth across the resistor bank, kind of piecing together a sinewave type of shape."
    exactly, for resistive/currant change only, DC with AC overtones.

MM
    MM,

Yes, I re read the patent in Spanish...(my Native Language)...and He writes it very clear...:

Uno de los extremos de la resistencia se halla enlazado con los electroimanes N y el otro con los electroimanes S la mitad de los extremos de las partes de la resistencia van a parar a la mitad de las delgas del cilindro y la otra mitad de dichas delgas está unida directamente con las primeras.
    My Translation: One of the resistance ends is connected to electromagnets N and the other (end) with electromagnets S, half of the resistance terminals are connected to half of the elements from cylinder (commutator)

Bold - Underlined part: ...and the other half of such elements is joint directly with the first.

So I see now...

He has all the other half connections SHOWN at cylinder-commutator...

Please forgive my stupidity...

Can NOT believe I did not notice the freaking STRAIGHT LINES!!...it is all Bistander's Fault!!

Just kidding Bistander!!

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-09-2016, 07:16 PM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• MM,

why do you want to use pure iron cores with all the eddie current losses involved with that, compared to transformer laminations?

Mario

Comment

• MM,

Ok, I'll take your word for it that the caps are a bad idea even though I don't understand why, I'll admit that you have studied this out in detail. Is there still some reason you couldn't do the drive waveforms from a sound card and use a 2-channel stereo amplifier to drive the coils? I know this wouldn't do the inductive energy recovery, but with careful measurements it could still be used to prove overunity with a minimum of complexity. Also, you'd have to find an amplifier that is DC-coupled all the way from the input to the output, which probably few are. Most have a low frequency cut-off to reduce flicker noise. Of course, you could make one but then you'd essentially be back to designing your circuit with the MOSFET's. Perhaps you could also make the primary coils in two sections, one for the DC bias (that would be hooked up to a variable DC supply) and one with pure AC to superimpose on the DC, then you could use just about any amplifier. You could even wind the primaries bifilar so the two sections aren't separated in space. Or would that destroy the whole operation of the device due to the law of superposition or some other principle I'm not thinking about?

See, now you've got me thinking and I may have to build a test rig to find out some answers....

Comment

• Tswift,

to replace the dc part one could use strong permanent magnets on the outside of the two primary coils with like poles facing inward. This would build the main part of the opposing fields. The resonant coils (with caps) would modulate the field of the permanent magnets, virtually moving the middle of the compressed field back and forth as desired.

S>PM>N///primary/// ///secondary/// ///primary///N<PM<S

Mario

Comment

• Reality Strikes Hard

UFO;
            Please do not be so hard on your self. we as humans are all fallible in certain areas, each different in their own way. you my friend are almost one of a kind as your perception of reality and mechanical skills are much above the average person and i also have these skills, i applaud you for that. as i talk to you now, i say, with your exquisite mechanical skills and my advanced knowledge of of the Figuera device, we could change/take civilization to a whole new level. thus being half way around the world, we will have to except this forum as our go between guide.

years ago, i was or had completely insane ideas about the Figuera device but since then i have changed. i basically took myself from knowing nothing in the field of electronics, magnetism, the Figuera device, to the point of where i am today. see being either unemployed or in between jobs allowed my intense study of the Figuera device way beyond most other people. this allowed very deep concentration and thought provoking ideas to evolve in my minds eye, of course being able to dream in color helped. i basically told God that i except this responsibility with my whole heart ,and i have, according to the visions and help i have received.

i have sat for hours just to see the magnetic fields interact with each other in my half dream state which is kind of like the master Nicola Tesla but not on that such intense genius level. i am an average person like everyone else that strives to fulfill my destiny of what was ordained to me, nothing more, nothing less. so please except this knowledge with grace and dignity as every man should.

Mario;

I bought them out of haste, but as the master used, i to thought i should to. i sense realized i needed to cut my cores to stop eddy currants from the secondary interfering the primaries from their awesome role of doing what they do best, creating the strongest magnetic field possible. i sense realized that present day silicon iron is just as capable of the task and a whole lot cheaper. i wish pure iron was cheaper, i would use it just for the secondaries as pure iron has low pinning sites as to allow flipping of the domains with complete ease resulting in very low hysteresis and heat generation.
            besides the fact it worked for Figuera and apparently worked quite well as he fed his house with 550 volts, twenty HP motor and all his lighting, impressive to say the least.

i would suggest you follow Figuera's patent first to get your feet wet before you go exotic on yourself. this will alleviate heart ache and money un neededly spent.

i hope this post answers your questions to your expectations.

MM
            Last edited by marathonman; 09-10-2016, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
              Is there still some reason you couldn't do the drive waveforms from a sound card and use a 2-channel stereo amplifier to drive the coils? I know this wouldn't do the inductive energy recovery, but with careful measurements it could still be used to prove overunity with a minimum of complexity.
              I agree 100% with you. IMO the key is to move the two magnetic fields in unison back and forth no matter how you do it : with resistors, with two amplifiers, with a intermediate tap transformer introducing DC, with a variac fed with DC , or with two pulsed signals 180° unphased, etc...

The part G proposed by MM recycles back the energy from the receding electromagnets, but it makes more difficult to built this device. I would recommend starting with the simpler method, and, later move to a more optimized design.

KISS Keep It Simple S.....

In case of using two unphased pulsed signals the dynamic filter (RL filter) created by the inductance and resistance of the electromagnets will avoid reaching the zero level always that the frequency will be fast enough to create every next pulse before reaching zero. Result: two opposed signals as defined in the 1908 patent. When one is at minimun the other is at maximun and viceversa.

Input from driving circuit --> square signal

Output from electromagnets --> filter of the input signal. Filter constant = L/R
              If you feed two square signals (in opposition) created with two coupled transistors (in opposition: when one is ON the other is OFF and the contrary) those signals once that reach each set of coils suffer a filter ( filter with time constant = L/R , as consequence of the inductance and resistance of the coils) which convert then into two opposite sawtooth signals, as needed in the patent.

You may download a Excel file with those filter calculations: link
              Last edited by hanon1492; 09-10-2016, 10:08 AM.
              https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• These are the two signals required according to the 1908 parent. When one is at minimun the other is at maximun and viceversa. In opposition. Changing in unison. Never reaching zero value to avoid magnetic collapsing anytime.

Kekho77 did this very nice sketch long time ago when this thread started ,so we should thank him for such a good work.

Comment

• Thanks MM. I'll be waiting.

Comment

• One big soggy mess

Well i went to storage today. you know all that Texas rain we been having, well half of it is in my storage rental. one blob of wet cardboard.

but lucky for you Mario i have my soaking wet note book. ink is f-ed up but here it goes.

primaries and secondaries are 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3".

Primary winding are 18 awg wire @ 300 turn ruffly. what i had on hand.

secondaries are 14 aug @ 90 turns i think, ink bad. what i had on hand.

input was 50 volts @ 2 amp.

output was 40 volts per core series to 80 volts @ 3.75 amp.

wire used for resistance was Nichrome wire either 60 or 80, but can't make out the rest.

it is easy to calculate with Ohm calculator like here.
                    http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/

very good tool to have on computer.

MM
                    Last edited by marathonman; 09-10-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Primary switching

The Attached Thumbnail i posted in 966 is what every one should be shooting for when switching their primaries.
                      the primaries are only reduce enough to clear the secondary then reversed. at NO time should you take it down farther or induction will cease thus output will drop to the peak of the rising electromagnet.

and as the primary is reducing it is also getting shoved out of the secondary from the rising electromagnet causing all that magnetic field to be shoved into it's core from where it was born. the pressure in the core will be extremely high so that power has no place to go but out the back of the coil being shoved into part G since they are connected to it.

having multiple core it is easy to realize that there is a lot of power being shoved in to part G's core to be used the next half turn of the brush feeding the next rising electromagnet thus being fed again by the opposite reducing electromagnet.

the second secondary that will be connected to the device will only be used for losses from heat and wire loss which in very little. the energy in part G is recycled repeatedly as the device functions thus making the Figuera device unlike any device i know.

WOW ! what a genius, part G is exquisite piece of craftsmanship to the highest caliber.

PS. couldn't sleep, good night.

MM
                      Last edited by marathonman; 09-10-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• MM,

In order to make easier to build your magnetic resistance part G I would like to ask you if we could use two identical E cores (or four cores piled up) cutting their central leg to create a "C" core and a "reverse C" core to form a toroid? What is your oppinion?

About your demo device: did you used 60 Hz as exciter frequency or did you need another frequency to get it running? Also everyone should note that you used 100 watts as input but most of that power was wasted as heat in the resistors to create the driving signals. The electromagnets needed much less real input power to run. How much resistance (in ohms) did you installed in your commutator?

In the ou forum you mentioned that you used a paperclip to feel the fields displacement. Maybe it is good to refresh it in this thread also.

Thanks

Comment

• Some try for proof of concept...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Part G

Hanon;

No ! don't cut the center leg, cut the outer legs and stack the inner. outer legs are to thin. it would be best for new comers or mechanically challenged to take a large thick straight core from a large transformer in the vicinity of the sum of the high electromagnet plus the low electromagnet in watts like i described in previous post. the pic below is a conceptual drawing not taking in account of how you would rotate the brush. if the unit was secured, one could mount a permanent structure with motor attached to rotate the brush keeping in mind the thick wire must be secured to the core.

yes i used 60 hz, rpm was fast at 3600 rpm and hated it because i just hate rotating parts but it worked. commutators can be bought off ebay if needed but i would recommend building to Figuera's spec.

resistance was calculated in 8 steps from 2 amp to 1 using the ohm calculator link i posted, ie. electronics 2000 software. just devide 1 amp by 8 giving your correct steps of amperage thus the length of resistance wire.
                            second pic is paper clip test suggested by an awesome dude that literally changed my life forever. take a large coffee stir and mount a paper clip to it then secure in heavy stable base.
                            place in front of the secondary exactly in middle. as the colliding fields move so will the paperclip to be a visual guide as to where your fields are, and if you are taking them down far enough or to much. the key is to just clear the secondary then back again making sure the needle has cleared the secondary.

Wistiti;

Not good cores to work with, thickness variations will cause crazy magnetic field. try to find some straighter cores for uniform magnetic field. you could cut mot cores and use center leg for proof of concept or any type of straight cores as long as they are identical with similar dimensions of equal mass/weight.

ps. "My Translation: One of the resistance ends is connected to electromagnets N and the other (end) with electromagnets S, half of the resistance terminals are connected to half of the elements from cylinder (commutator)"
                            if this very translation was included in the original translation it would of saved a ton of confusion over the years. this very sentence verifies exactly what i have harping on for almost two years. IMAGINE THAT !

MM
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by marathonman; 09-10-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• @MarathonMan...

Hey MM,

I am putting together my single Module Figuera's set up...just for proof of concept, and I will show later on the CAD diagrams for it.

Now, I have been working on a similar type of device, except it works by rotating the virtual fields, and not like Figuera's which is a reciprocating field movement...which is MUCH simpler than the first, but, regardless of that, the important part I want to address here is about the "Self Exciting Circuit"...

Am pretty sure you are familiar with the way a typical BRUSHED house generator head by rotating the fields it keeps a closed circuit with the Stator Exciting Fields, which is basically a low voltage system...where through a simple couple of diodes or a full bridge and an electrolytic cap, it keeps converting the Induced AC into DC and then back to rotor field through brushes-slip rings...So, no matter if you stop generator, some remaining voltage would be still at cap, so when we start again it will regenerate to operating voltages.

Here is an image below of what am talking about:

[IMG][/IMG]

Now, getting back to Figuera's setup...what if...we add another smaller secondary coils, also sandwiched between both primaries, as "Exciting Secondaries" just to satisfy each of the primaries feed through a similar circuit as above?

I am gonna give it a try and see what I get.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-10-2016, 07:05 PM.
                              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario View Post
                                Tswift,

to replace the dc part one could use strong permanent magnets on the outside of the two primary coils with like poles facing inward. This would build the main part of the opposing fields. The resonant coils (with caps) would modulate the field of the permanent magnets, virtually moving the middle of the compressed field back and forth as desired.

S>PM>N///primary/// ///secondary/// ///primary///N<PM<S

Mario
                                Yes, I understand and this might be a good idea as well. The maximum amplitude of the B-field created by each primary would have to be significantly less than that of the magnets or else you would degauss them, but based on what MM is saying the AC variation component needs to be less than the DC anyway, so the spatial variation is just enough to encompass the secondary (ref. the picture with the paper clip). I'm working on how I can cobble something together with parts on hand, I have some 1" round neo magnets with holes, and some ferrite cores about the same diameter. The magnets come with nylon spacers, and it looks like they stack nicely. The center core would be for the secondary, the outer cores for each primary. For the photo the magnets are in attraction so the stack stays together on its own, but just a nylon 1/4" bolt through the middle should suffice.

I have researched some software for driving with a PC and there are a few options. Matlab (and clones) can apparently generate arbitrary waveforms. Audacity can generate at least a sine wave tone, but I don't think there's a way to phase shift the two stereo channels. There are a few other pieces of software that might work as well. I have a small 12V car stereo amplifier, but I think one channel on it is blown. Need to get another one anyway, it's useful for bench tests. Now just need to design windings for a reasonable impedance match to the amp....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X