Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Close Attention on Tesla's Toroid

Tesla Patent 381,970 - System of Electrical Distribution

Tesla Patent 382,282 - Method of Converting and Distributing Electric Currents

Just look for the Transformer or Toroid

Tesla Patent 390,721 - Dynamo-Electric Machine

Analyze how he powered Tesla he's Transformer/ Electro Dynamic Induction Machine
    Tesla Patent 390,413 - System of Electrical Distribution

Comment

• Electro Dynamic Induction Machine

Rotating Magnetic Field = Unidirectional Magnetic Flux
      In every 180 deg the Slip Ring/Switching controller of Tesla reverse its polarity.

We are still in the process of analyzing its magnetic interactions.

One skilled in the Art can readily Understand what is being told here- Tesla
      Attached Files
      Last edited by stupify12; 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• My Concept of Figuera's Generator (Dynamic)

Hello to All,

This Drawings are taken from a 3D Model for a Video I will be uploading sometime...they are NOT Final...So, please, it is about the Main Figuera's Concept.

We could reduce Air Gap considerably by making front face of BOTH (Inner-Outer) exciter poles as THIN as Possible...this drawings do not include that option.

As also, this design will be MUCH more robust if we consider SIX Exciters instead of four at Inner-Outer Embodiments.

Please, realize that exciters and Rotor Coils could be much more populated than the ones represented here...I did it like this for simplicity of scenery in MAYA Software...therefore much less rendering time through whole tracks (less heavy Geometry)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

In this design, I have added the Insulating Structure to also be a Cooling Fan for all coils...no big deal, just an "improvement".

The Rotor is wound with the "Sine Wave Type" Interlaced...One strand of wires is Gold the other (opposite) is Green.

[IMG][/IMG]

Exciters are wound closed looped and "Quadfilar Type" to enhance a stronger magnetic field .

In the 3D Animated Video You will be able to see the whole thing...I am planning to "explode" view it as separate parts attaching together one by one including every single bolt and brushes-springs...

I am sure many here would be able to reproduce this set up.

Regards to all

Ufopolitics
        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-20-2013, 04:18 AM.
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Good ONE.

Excellent UFO, this could be on the same shaft, and in the same housing of my next EV motor build, based on your design help of course. A fan could keep both cool.

I completely agree that six pole exciters would be the way to go, the number 4, and things that fire 180 degrees apart, just don't appeal to me much anymore.

This would be a great Extra on your new scratch build thread.

It wouldn't matter if the frequency on output wasn't suitable for mains it could simply be put back to DC, and then inverted to suit, or for battery charging we could use heavy gauge wire and have low voltage high amps DC output through a regulator.

Very interesting, can't wait to build a small model, and test it.

Thanks Friend, Cornboy.
          Last edited by Cornboy 555; 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Reversing Engineering...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
            Excellent UFO, this could be on the same shaft, and in the same housing of my next EV motor build, based on your design help of course. A fan could keep both cool.

I completely agree that six pole exciters would be the way to go, the number 4, and things that fire 180 degrees apart, just don't appeal to me much anymore.

This would be a great Extra on your new scratch build thread.

It wouldn't matter if the frequency on output wasn't suitable for mains it could simply be put back to DC, and then inverted to suit, or for battery charging we could use heavy gauge wire and have low voltage high amps DC output through a regulator.

Very interesting, can't wait to build a small model, and test it.

Thanks Friend, Cornboy.
            Hello Cornboy,

Yes, indeed a six pole exciter would be much more robust, but not only that...it would require just 1/4 RPM's of typical two pole conventional design to Generate A full output...

I would say to dismantle carefully any "Old Generator" laying around...and count/write the number of turns as also the gauge of the Generating Fields...if it "was" a Two Poles...then we could divide /fraction the turns ratio by the four or six of our design...

One main issue to have in mind is the AREA of Exciters Coils and Cores versus the Generating Fields AREA...they MUST BE EQUAL...Area, meaning the wrapped coil around core creates a 3D Configuration that MUST be taken into account when applying it to our design.

If one notice the Air Gap between JUST the Wires in any given Generator...is not that "small" at all...BUT, if we measure comprehending the steel laminated cores...then it is small......So, in order to reduce gap...all we need to do is reduce the front projecting face of both , inner-outer exciters, in order to have wires MUCH closer than conventional design.

Another Generator to dismantle and take its "Data"are any Car/Vehicle Alternator...the only difference is they are most wound with the Sine-Wave Design, and are Three Phase (Three Sine Waves wounded)...while they have a common ground at end tie of all three...then other three end go to diodes-voltage regulators to convert them in DC...remember ground in a car or negative is the whole chassis-body. As also they do not have inner and outer exciters...but only inner, which is the "Jaw Type" [^V^V^] rotary stator...Upper jaws are North and lower's are South...(example)

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM.
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Alloy?

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
              Hello Cornboy,

Yes, indeed a six pole exciter would be much more robust, but not only that...it would require just 1/4 RPM's of typical two pole conventional design to Generate A full output...

I would say to dismantle carefully any "Old Generator" laying around...and count/write the number of turns as also the gauge of the Generating Fields...if it "was" a Two Poles...then we could divide /fraction the turns ratio by the four or six of our design...

One main issue to have in mind is the AREA of Exciters Coils and Cores versus the Generating Fields AREA...they MUST BE EQUAL...Area, meaning the wrapped coil around core creates a 3D Configuration that MUST be taken into account when applying it to our design.

If one notice the Air Gap between JUST the Wires in any given Generator...is not that "small" at all...BUT, if we measure comprehending the steel laminated cores...then it is small......So, in order to reduce gap...all we need to do is reduce the front projecting face of both , inner-outer exciters, in order to have wires MUCH closer than conventional design.

Another Generator to dismantle and take its "Data"are any Car/Vehicle Alternator...the only difference is they are most wound with the Sine-Wave Design, and are Three Phase (Three Sine Waves wounded)...while they have a common ground at end tie of all three...then other three end go to diodes-voltage regulators to convert them in DC...remember ground in a car or negative is the whole chassis-body. As also they do not have inner and outer exciters...but only inner, which is the "Jaw Type" [^V^V^] rotary stator...Upper jaws are North and lower's are South...(example)

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics

Hello UFO et Al, so you are saying that we need to get the wires, of the exciter coils, and the rotor coils, as close as possible in this design?

That shouldn't be to hard if we use 2mm laminations again. we should be able to get the lamination profile at the end of the " T " down to about 3mm to be safe, and coat the back of the lams with high temp epoxy to bind them.

I have a new 24v-55amp alternator here, as one of the loads for MAG3 testing, i will pull it down and measure it, also will post pics.

The rotor will have to be made from a material that won't distort with high RPM, being that thin with copper coils mounted in it, it will have a large centrifugal force placed upon it. It will also need to be balanced well.

Do you think the rotor could be made from aluminium, from the point of view, of not interferring with the radiant. That would be my first choice!

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Brain Hertz.

Hello Guys,

There is a very important "side" to be considered, when it comes to winding the Figuera's Rotating Induced Coils...

There are Two Main Ways to Wind the Induced Fields in any Generator...

[IMG][/IMG]

1-The more Typical "Closed Loop Winding", where the Coils create "O" Patterns or closed loops around the core poles...This design have a disadvantage for our purposes, because, once the copper wires gets induced, generate a strong magnetic field, even if there is only "air" as a core...I must remind You all here of the "Core-Less Motors"...where the rotor are just "O" looped coils without steel cores...

2-The Second Type of Induced Fields windings in a Generator are the "~~~" Sine Wave Pattern Winding, where wires NEVER CLOSE into a loop, and I find this type as Much More suitable, since they DO NOT generate a magnetic field once induced....so, zero magnetic drag then, when applying it to Figuera's Generators...

We can find this Pattern #2 in any Automotive Alternator Outer Generating Fields, and normally they have Three Sequences of Windings where the Sine Waves (~) are Overlapped/Interlaced, ending in three robust rectifiers (diodes) to convert the currents to DC....(the other three terminal wires end are joint together.

@Cornboy: I will start first at a smaller scale replication, with permanent magnets at Inner-Outer structures, and Sine Wave Coil Rotor "sandwiched" between rings of magnets......this will produce an AC sine-wave that we could rectify with a small bridge rectifier to DC...

Now considering the high torque of Asymmetric Motors....they could easily rotate, even the #1 looped winding style also...so I will build the Two Type Armatures...for Lab Testing purposes.

Regards to all

Ufopolitics

Hey again UFO, this info is great, i can think of a few ways to do the #1 winding of closed looped coils in machined plastic formers, mounted in an aluminium drum, but the wave pattern is still straining my brain.

Less drag the better of course, i will come up with something, and run it by you.

One more week of planting and i can spend full time on MAG3 build and get it spinning.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Exciting!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey UFO, the exciter winding is quite fine wire, under .5 mm i would estimate, as i can't measure it, the resistance is 7.4 ohms the generator winding is 1.5mm but has only three turns per coil, and resistance is not measurable with my equipment.

The Copper wire windings are a huge distance apart, and are at 90o to each other, they are obviously just wanting an electromagnet, nothing else.

The fit of the pulley on the shaft is atrocious, it must have about 6 thou clearance!

I am just curious, that in your first drawing you show the inner exciter as being connected on itself, with a diode and surge protection, i take it that is excited by flux transfer only?

Could we connect the inner to the outer in series, because the open drum design would allow this, and pulse them together?.

Or is this to save on exciter input power?

Thinking out loud,

Regards Cornboy.
                  Last edited by Cornboy 555; 06-21-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Car Alternator Design...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    This is the "Spider Leg" or "Jaws Design" Rotor , that I have mentioned before...it is Just an Upright Coil, and the steel "legs or jaws" take the South-North to be projected towards the sides to the Outer Generating fields...So, THIS IS the EXCITER for this arrangement.

It receives constant DC from Battery through the continuous slip rings/brushes...and once the generating fields start producing more out...they "auto feed" that coil...disconnecting from battery and recharging it through the Voltage Regulator Circuit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey UFO, the exciter winding is quite fine wire, under .5 mm i would estimate, as i can't measure it, the resistance is 7.4 ohms the generator winding is 1.5mm but has only three turns per coil, and resistance is not measurable with my equipment.

The Copper wire windings are a huge distance apart, and are at 90o to each other, they are obviously just wanting an electromagnet, nothing else.

The fit of the pulley on the shaft is atrocious, it must have about 6 thou clearance!

I am just curious, that in your first drawing you show the inner exciter as being connected on itself, with a diode and surge protection, i take it that is excited by flux transfer only?

Could we connect the inner to the outer in series, because the open drum design would allow this, and pulse them together?.

Or is this to save on exciter input power?

Thinking out loud,

Regards Cornboy.
                    The Outer Coils are the Generating Fields, Sine Wave Style Winding, Three Phase, Three (Out of Phase) that end up in the three white wires you see at lower body. The starting points are all joint into a point, somewhere inside. They connect to Three Diodes to convert Sine into direct DC(cut one sine on each) and since interlaced, they "fill" the spaces in-between , creating a continuous line...understand?

Cornboy, Aluminum is NOT GOOD, it is a Paramagnetic Material, meaning, when inside a magnetic field it WILL MAGNETIZE and acquire polarity just like a steel bar would. So, Aluminum WILL create a magnetic drag.

I would rather try a heavy composite or a heavy Mica or Bakelite Insulation Material, as the Rotor Structure...I was thinking of Kevlar stranded with fiberglass...remember carbon fiber kills Radiant...but NOT Hot...so, I think it could also work here.

Warm Regards my friend, I am swamped with work...

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• A Very Good Video on an Alternator Generating Fields winding.

Hello to all,

Here is a nice vid on the restoring of a car alternator three phase windings.

It is shown very clear that the start of all three sine-waves are joint into a common and future vehicle ground, while the other three would go to three diodes independently from each others.

Vehicle Alternator stator coil winding - YouTube

Or...what it means...

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Magnet into a copper tube

Although copper is diamagnetic, are we sure that copper does not produce magnetic drag?

Video.

Copper is not magnetized, but the induced current into the copper creates a field which opposes to the driving field.

I don´t know how to explain this effect. Maybe it is a way to cancel it, or maybe it it is not happening into Figuera´s machine (patent 30376)

Figuera filed 4 patents in 1902. Two patents are just describing two methods, and the other two patents are describing two devices. I am not sure which one of the two devices is the one that Figuera built into his home. Maybe he built both or maybe he just successfully built one and the other one it is just a proposal.
                        https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Guess.

Hello Hanon, to take a guess, i would say he built the rotating device, and because of noise and wearing parts, he tried to build solid state, of course we don't truely know either.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Figuera Patent No. 30378 interpretation

Hi all,

In the parallel forum about Figuera´s generator in overunity dot com there is a very interesting document explaining how the 1902 motionless generator does work (patent 30378). The induced coil winding is denoted as (c) while (a) and (b) are the inducer electromagnets

Forum

Document with interpretation of generator described in patent 30378 (year 1902)

Regards

CONCLUSION: BECAUSE THE INTERIOR WINDINGS (b) ARE TOTALLY ENCLOSED BY THE INDUCED WIDING (c) THE INDUCED MAGNETIC FIELD WILL ENTER AND LEAVE THE TURNS OF THE INTERIOR WINDING (b) INDUCING A ZERO NET VOLTAGE, WHICH RESULTS IN A CANCELLATION OF THE EFFECTS OF THE LENZ’S LAW. IN OTHER WORDS, THE LOAD CURRENT FLOWING IN THE c-WINDING IS NOT REFLECTED BACK TO THE b-WINDING

Regarding the methods to minimize the effect of Lenz's law, one can see that Figuera used two methods: the method in the 1902 patent and the method in the 1908 patent. If you draw the magnetic flowpath in the 1902 generator, it can be noted that the flow of the induced coil (external) enters and leaves the inducer coil (internal). Because the inducer coil is symmetrically placed at 90 degrees inside the induced, the flow from the induced coil will enter and leave the inducer coil. If the flow enters and leaves the coil no voltage will be induced in it. Notice that it is not enough to placed those coils at 90 degrees but also there must be symmetry. This is because if there is no symmetry the balance of magnetic flux entering is not necessarily equal to the magnetic flux coming out.

The method of 1908 is different. While one coil induces another coil deviates the induced magnetic flux so that this flux does not oppose to the coil which is inducing.
                            Last edited by hanon1492; 09-10-2013, 11:57 PM. Reason: added pictures
                            https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Eddy Currents...

Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
                              Although copper is diamagnetic, are we sure that copper does not produce magnetic drag?

Video.

Copper is not magnetized, but the induced current into the copper creates a field which opposes to the driving field.

I don´t know how to explain this effect. Maybe it is a way to cancel it, or maybe it it is not happening into Figuera´s machine (patent 30376)

Figuera filed 4 patents in 1902. Two patents are just describing two methods, and the other two patents are describing two devices. I am not sure which one of the two devices is the one that Figuera built into his home. Maybe he built both or maybe he just successfully built one and the other one it is just a proposal.

Hello Hanon1492,

The Effect shown on video relates to the Eddy Currents generated in the copper, they "slow" the downfall of the Neo Magnet...it also does same effect on an Aluminum Tubing.

If you look at the Tubing Geometry will realize it is a huge closed loop of massive metal (copper here), that is why eddy currents will generate instantly, around the inner surface of copper at the "Levels" or "Rings" where magnet is passing by.

If You get a tubing made with insulated material, and just add vertical strips of copper that NEVER meet...the effect will NOT take place....Neo will fall right down just like an old typing machine from the 1492...Oops!!...meant from the 1800"s...

In this replication, if we use a closed loop type winding, we WILL GET Magnetic DRAG...Inner Air Core Space WILL get magnetized...not too much but it will. That is the reason why, I am displaying the Alternator Sine Wave winding...which is a completely open design, zero drag...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-24-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Curious.

Hello to all,

Here is a nice vid on the restoring of a car alternator three phase windings.

It is shown very clear that the start of all three sine-waves are joint into a common and future vehicle ground, while the other three would go to three diodes independently from each others.

Vehicle Alternator stator coil winding - YouTube

Or...what it means...

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Ufopolitics

I know you are very busy UFO, so please respond at your leisure, when it suits you.

I have a clear idea now of the reason to use wave winding, thanks, just wondering about the rectifing, you show diodes just clipping one half of the sign, is that the best method compared to a full bridge?

The watts from an alternator like this go straight to the battery, after exciting itself, yea?, so the DC would still have a small ripple in it?, Is this still then a pulsed DC, going to the battery?, and is that desireable?

Forgive my small understanding of all things electrical UFO, i have no formal training whatsoever, just what i have read, and experimented with, in the past two years.

Warm Regards, Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X