Re-Inventing The Wheel-Part1-Clemente_Figuera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electromagnets details

I have been reading a very old book about electricity (from 1860´s: Treaty of experimental and applied Physics , by Ganot ) . I have found some really interesting ideas about the Ruhmkorff coil, which seems to be the base for the Clemente Figuera 1902 device:

"...but only after Ruhmkorff insulated completely the induction current with lac rubber he could use all the voltage of those currents, and recognized that those have both the properties of static electricity and dynamic"

In the 1902 patent Figuera just used 88 turns in the electromagnets and he showed us in the drawing that the insulation was really thick.

"Recently M. Ruhmkorff has applied his coil to recharge very energetic batteries....which are charged in some seconds..." (!!!!)

"The effects of a coil are much more energetic if inside the coil is introduced a bar of soft iron"

This is the same as stated in the book "Awesome Force" by Cater in Figure 21. The soft iron core enhance the strengt of the magnetization (exponentially) over a simple coreless coil. This is because the magnetization curve of some metals increase very rapidly (exponentially). Figuera just used 88 turns , I think to avoid reaching saturation of the soft iron core. If you work in the exponential zone of the curve with very little current you can get a strong electromagnet. Saturation happens around N·I/L = 780 Amp·Turns/meter ( in US units: 20 Amp·Turns/inch ) (N is turns, I is intensity , and L is length). Then a moderate number of turns must be used to design the electromagnets. If the electromagnets get saturated I think they won´t get unmagnetized as quickly during the switching off periods. I am designing a new electromagnets with few turns, thick insulation, iron core and also with higher diameters to have a great surface for the magnetic field.

Magnetization curves of 9 ferromagnetic materials, showing saturation. 1.Sheet steel, 2.Silicon steel, 3.Cast steel, 4.Tungsten steel, 5.Magnet steel, 6.Cast iron, 7.Nickel, 8.Cobalt, 9.Magnetite

Simplified comparison of permeabilities for: ferromagnets (μf), paramagnets(μp), free space(μ0) and diamagnets (μd)

Saturation (magnetic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magnetic Permeability
    Last edited by hanon1492; 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM.
    https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Perpendicular magnetic fields to avoid back emf

Hi all,

Here I attach a sketch with the configuration that I think Clemente Figuera used in his patent from 1902. The aim was to create a induced magnetic field at right angles of the electromagnets magnetic field to avoid the counter electromotiveforce acting against the electromagnets force.

I can see many similarities with Joseph Newman concept of a magnet (rotating) inside a coil...

Comment

• One signal or two signals?

Hi all,
        In the 1902 patent there was no reference to the use of two different currents to excite each electromagnet (unless it was a hidden feature in the 1902 patent). In the other hand, in the 1908 patent Figuera used two unphased signals to feed each row of electromagnets N and S. Here I have simulated in Excel the output signal from the comutator as designed in 1908 (I posted the Excel file in a previous post):

My question is:

Is it essential to use two unphased signals to get this device working?

Or,

Is it just a secondary development included by Figuera in the 1908 patent to get a sinusoidal AC output ready to be used instead of a pulsed current (as I may expect from the 1902 patent)

I am looking forward to hearing your technical opinions... Those who answer will have access, as personal gift, to the drawings of a different Figuera patent (Nº 30376 "Electrical Machine Figuera- Blasberg" (1902)), not yet published here that I could get from the Sanish Patent Office and that I will share only with those interested and those collaborating in this forum. I try to encourage people to share their experiments into this forum.

Comment

• Hanon,

Sorry for not replying sooner but I am caught up with other businesses that required immediate attention. Presently, I just have not spare time for issues related to FE. However, I do my best to check for the FE website and read the latest FE news.
          As soon as I finish my other business, I am planning to complete the experiments on Figuera’s concept. As you already know, I completed the apparatus with just a set of electromagnets instead of the seven sets as disclosed in the 1908 patent. I ran a set of test and the results were very encouraging. With just a set, I was able to confirm that the Lenz’s law is not an absolute. It can be minimized as I predicted in the published paper.
          With respect to your question related to the input voltages, please, note the following:
          1. The applied primary voltages must generate magnetic field with opposite polarities. If the two primary magnetic field were of the same polarity, the induced voltage would have higher magnitude and the induced magnetic field (secondary) would just oppose the primary magnetic fields. The effects of the secondary load are just transmitted to the primary coils. No minimization of the Lenz’s law effects.
          2. The applied voltages must not generate in phase primary fields and their maximum must not coincide. If the primary magnetic fields were of opposite polarities and in phase (meaning same instanteneous values and opposite polarities), then, the sum of the voltages induced will add to zero in the secondary coil.
          In addition, I would like to encourage you to publish any important information related to the technology. This is the only way that we can make a difference. I see people in the FE field that make a book out of a single FE concept. For instance, I could well have make a book based on the paper that I published in this post. However, I believe that this is not the time to make tons of money out of FE technologies. The technologies need to be generally accepted first. Publishing a book without backing it up with a working prototype of the concept would do more harm than good to the FE movement.
          Lastly, just because you do not see replies does not mean that people are not paying attention. I have read your posts and I congratulate you for your contributions to the technology developed by Mr. Figuera. Keep up the good work!
          Sincerely,
          Wonju
          Last edited by wonju; 02-28-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Hi all,

I don´t know if you remenber a reference to a replicator of this device:

Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
            Hi all,

I have found a page with a replica of Figuera´s generator. I recommend to read it deeply and use Google Translate to avoid missing any detail. Full of interesting details.

Energías renovables - electricidadbasica.net
            I noted recently that this same guy made a collaboration into a different website ( Espero que con esto no tengan disculpa para dejar de pagar la electricidad. gracias a clemente figuera ACTUALIZADO | Maestroviejo's Blog ).

He has sumarized the steps needed to replicate this device according to his tests:
            Some basic knowledge of electricity is required.

1-How to make an inductor electromagnet, taking into account the number of turns to avoid that the iron reach the saturation, and, thus be efficient

2- The turns in the collecting coils, for the voltage needed

3- A variable frequency drive VFD (or similar) to induce the electromagnets

4- A diode to keep around 10% charge -as minimun-in the electromagnets, without a return path

5- Basic knowledge of electric safety

Comment

• Some interesting findings done by Tesla:

"I had discovered, however, that rotation is produced by means of a single coil and core; my explanation of the phenomenon, and leading thought in trying the experiment, being that there must be a true time lag in the magnetization of the core. I remember the pleasure I had when, in the writings of Professor Ayrton, which came later to my hand, I found the idea of the time lag advocated. Whether there is a true time lag, whether the retardation is due to eddy currents circulating in minute paths, must remain an open question, but the fact is that a coil wound upon an iron core and traversed by an alternating current creates a moving field of force, capable of setting an armature in rotation. It is of some interest, in conjunction with the historical Arago experiment, to mention that in lag or phase motors I have produced rotation in the opposite direction to the moving field, which means that in that experiment the magnet may not rotate, or may even rotate in the opposite direction to the moving disc. Here, then, is a motor (diagrammatically illustrated in Fig. 17), comprising a coil and iron core, and a freely movable copper disc in proximity to the latter. To demonstrate a novel and interesting feature, I have, for a reason which I will explain, selected this type of motor. When the ends of the coil are connected to the terminals of an alternator the disc is set in rotation. But it is not this experiment, now well known, which I desire to perform. What I wish to show you is that this motor rotates with one single connection between it and the generator; that is to say, one terminal of the motor is connected to one terminal of the generator—in this case the secondary of a high-tension induction coil—the other terminals of motor and generator being insulated in space."

I recommend to read the previous and next paragraphs...Three paragrahs ahead Tesla states the well know quotation: " Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe"

Source: Experiments with Alternate Currents of High Potential and High Frequency; Lecture delivered before the I.E.E., London, February, 1892 Link

Comment

• Great work guys, i am glad that Orbo.es , my blog helped in some small way to bring Sr Figueras back to Life.

Comment

• To the origin ...

" ... “+” and “-” [is] the exciting current which is taken from an external and foreigner generator. " (Patent 1908)

" the current, once that has made its function, returns to the generator where taken " (Patent 1908)

Don´t you think that the text "To the origin" and the sign "-" are redundant?

I am not really sure why Mr. Figuera used the text "To the origin" in the drawing. Is the origin a external generator to feed the device?. Is the origin refering to another source of energy?

In my opinion the drawing is not redundant. I think that Mr. Figuera is refering to the necessity of grounding the generator. Many overunity devices need to be grounded. The earth is a capacitor located uder the effect of the sun radiations and cosmic rays, therefore it is a reservoir of energy.

For me it is very surprising why Mr. Figuera needed to add this text ("To the origin") if a simple sign "-" was more than enough. The origin should be another source ...

Comment

• Originally posted by abdlquadri View Post
                    Hi hanon,

Please do you have a local copy of the file. The site is requesting to become a premium member before download.

Regards
                    IS IT REALLY TRUE???

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS POSITION! I have always criticized this website for requiring membership to download a document. I think it is against the purpose of the mission "TO FREELY DISSEMINATE FE TECHNOLOGIES". I think this is the only FE website requiring membership for downloading documents. This requirement looks to me a serious conflict. In addition, the probability to add a member increases by given the persons free access to documents. They will always come back for more.

Wonju

Comment

• Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
                      " ... “+” and “-” [is] the exciting current which is taken from an external and foreigner generator. " (Patent 1908)

" the current, once that has made its function, returns to the generator where taken " (Patent 1908)

Don´t you think that the text "To the origin" and the sign "-" are redundant?

I am not really sure why Mr. Figuera used the text "To the origin" in the drawing. Is the origin a external generator to feed the device?. Is the origin refering to another source of energy?

In my opinion the drawing is not redundant. I think that Mr. Figuera is refering to the necessity of grounding the generator. Many overunity devices need to be grounded. The earth is a capacitor located uder the effect of the sun radiations and cosmic rays, therefore it is a reservoir of energy.

For me it is very surprising why Mr. Figuera needed to add this text ("To the origin") if a simple sign "-" was more than enough. The origin should be another source ...

Looks for me like "origin" = "starting point" and the outer coils set is shorted ! EXACTLY like depicted on schematic imho

Comment

• the site in questions is scribd

The site in question is scribd.com not energeticforum.com. The site is not related to free energy. Just a place where people share documents.

Regards
                        Originally posted by wonju View Post
                        IS IT REALLY TRUE???

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS POSITION! I have always criticized this website for requiring membership to download a document. I think it is against the purpose of the mission "TO FREELY DISSEMINATE FE TECHNOLOGIES". I think this is the only FE website requiring membership for downloading documents. This requirement looks to me a serious conflict. In addition, the probability to add a member increases by given the persons free access to documents. They will always come back for more.

Wonju

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                          Looks for me like "origin" = "starting point" and the outer coils set is shorted ! EXACTLY like depicted on schematic imho
                          Hi Boguslaw,

Could you elaborate more your point? I don´t understand your view about shorting the coils. Thank you.

Comment

• Test - I don´t understand the results

Hi all,

I have done the test shown in the picture. I have used two electromagnets (150 turns each, DC 12V and around 1A, core of soft iron 20 mm diameter) pulsed by a car relay, located at both sides of the central coil (around 70-80 turns) which is placed in the space between both electromagnets as seen in the picture:

To measure the output I used a diode bridge to convert the induced current into DC. The results were 0.0 V induced and 0.0 A

Can anyone explain why I got null results? I was expecting some positive results, but I was quite surprised when I got 0.0 !!!

Comment

• Hannon,
                              I do not think I can help you on this one because it looks like you did not replicate the Figuera’s apparatus shown in the 1908 patent.
                              I keep repeating myself saying “replicate whatever shown in the patent, first.” Once you get results, then, you can move on to play around with other configurations.
                              Otherwise, you can get into the trap of “analysis paralysis.” Especially when the fundamental operation is not understood.
                              Once you get the coils part, you need to generate the two signals out of phase. It is very important that the signals have a shape different from rectangular or square. You can try the triangular waveform used by Figuera.
                              Another hint is to used a thick secondary wire, say 14AWG or larger. And, when you build the coils make sure you provide taps for changing the number of turns at the secondary and primary coils.
                              If you look at the pictures that I posted previously, you will notice that the set up of the primaries and secondary electromagnetic coils follow closely the apparatus disclosed by Mr. Figuera in his 1908 patent. My first trial is working fine so far.
                              I hope this help.
                              Wonju
                              Last edited by wonju; 03-14-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,

I am trying to replicate the coils as I think that they were placed in the 1902 patent.

After having null results in my previous test (where still I don´t figure out why this happened , because it was supposed that some induction should have occurred..? Can anyone explain me why?? ) I repeated the experiment but this time using different electromagnets at each side of the induced coil. In this case I used one electromagnet with 150 turns and the other with around 900 turns. Therefore it seems that opposing two non identical electromagnets get some induction while two identical electromagnets get 0.0 V

I got some weird results. I know that my measures were incorrect dued to my voltemeter limitations but some kind of voltage spikes (I suppose) should being occuring. I couldn´t light a bulb of 12 V.

Clemente Figuera - Electromagnets as in 1902 patent - YouTube

Can anyone explain me what is happening?

Comment

Working...
                                X