Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
    Wonju

I saw there is (a bit damaged) available text of Figuera patent. Am I correct ? Translation to english may help in understanding details.
    Boguslaw,

Actually, there is a great deal of information on this device from the documents found in the links that you provided in another thread. The following paragraph was taken from A Letter From Nicola Tesla – Orbo.es, just before the heading - ADVANTAGES OF THE ELECTRICAL GENERATOR “FIGUERA”
    “The invention is really new; very bold and above all has huge inductrial consequences did not want ask for privilege of invention to avoid running a machine based on these principles, giving this writing the sancio? n pra? practice without which seri? an inu? tiles few considerations were made.”

Based on the Spanish version found here
    El enigma de Clemente Figuera y la máquina de la energĂ*a infinita - TecnologĂ*a Obsoleta
    this paragraph shall read something like this:
    “The invention is truly new; very bold and above all has huge technical and industrial consequences under all known concepts, I did not want to claim the invention until having a working machine based on these principles, giving this writing the support of the practice without which would be futile any considerations being made.”

Wonju

Comment

Wonju

I only noted that I don't understand spanish , maybe others also, so translation to english would be a highly appreciated gift for us if you know somebody who can do it or at least check if A Letter From Nicola Tesla – Orbo.es is the full translation of article (it was mentioned it's somehow cut)

Comment

I couldn't help myself... I will be testing this configuration
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kEhYo77; 11-08-2012, 10:44 PM.
        “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

Wonju

I saw there is (a bit damaged) available text of Figuera patent. Am I correct ? Translation to english may help in understanding details.
          Hi all,
          I am spanish and I have already contacted with the Spanish Patent Office Historical Archive to get a new copy of the 5 patents in case it could help. We will see...

In the original web report about Clemente Figuera in spanish it is said that the patents are damaged because of an old flooding in the archive

I hope to be able to help you as soon as possible

Regards
          https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
            Hi all,
            I am spanish and I have already contacted with the Spanish Patent Office Historical Archive to get a new copy of the 5 patents in case it could help. We will see...

In the original web report about Clemente Figuera in spanish it is said that the patents are damaged because of an old flooding in the archive

I hope to be able to help you as soon as possible

Regards
            Hi Hanon
            Thank's very much
            All info will be very much welcome

Hi Wonju
            thank's fo your info, will digest , need some time .

Here some of my last meditations on the subject

generador Figuera approach 2 - YouTube

good luck at all

laurent

Comment

Wonju

I only noted that I don't understand spanish , maybe others also, so translation to english would be a highly appreciated gift for us if you know somebody who can do it or at least check if A Letter From Nicola Tesla – Orbo.es is the full translation of article (it was mentioned it's somehow cut)
              There is a person revising the Englsh version to better match the original document. I expect to have it within two weeks.

Wonju

Comment

Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
                I couldn't help myself... I will be testing this configuration
                Kehyo,

I see that you are making progress. When you do the test, it is important to keep the air gaps between the iron cores. THE IRON CORES MUST NOT BE IN DIRECT CONTACT! I would recommend the following procedure:

1) Verify with the scope that you have the correct primary voltage waveforms.

2) Start with a maximum separation distance for the air gaps, let's say 10mm. Mesure the primary current a no load (secondary circuit open.)

3) Connect a load to the secondary that draws a significant current, let's say 0.5A or higher. Record the primary and secondary currents and voltages.

4) Repeat the steps 2 & 3 above for smaller air gaps 8, 6, 4, 2, down to 1mm. You can use plastic spacers.

5) Create a table and graph their values. Plot the Ip=f(Is), Vp=f(Vs), Pp=f(Ps), Is=f(air gap), etc. You can use Microsoft Excel for these calculations.

The above data should provide an important insight about the model of the Figuera's generator. This table can help you to design larger units.

It will also provide information on how the air gaps affect the performance of the device. I cannot wait to see it.

Thanks,
                Wonju
                Last edited by wonju; 11-08-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I just finished reading the Spanish document found in this link:
                  El enigma de Clemente Figuera y la máquina de la energĂ*a infinita - TecnologĂ*a Obsoleta

The description of the two patents found in this link does give good deal of information for constructing and operating the generator, but it also requires a little bit of guess work. I am under the impression that the patents are incomplete because it does not give information on the relevant aspects of the invention. For example, the document does not give any reasons for the generation of the extra energy and there are no references to the effects of the Lenz's law. In addition, the requirement of the exciting primary voltages is just to be changing voltages. I think Mr. Figuera knew better and was smart enough to figure the science behind his invention.

Make no mistake; his invention consists in applying quadratic voltages to electromagnets configured as shown in the patent sketch. It should not matter how the quadratic voltages are generated.

Wonju

Comment

Stepper Motor Driver Concerns

I have the following concerns with the stepper motor drivers;

the voltage rating of the coils could be more than 20V. Therefore, the voltage rating of the driver should be no less than 30V. With such a low excitation voltage, the primary coils cannot be connected in series.

In addition, I am not sure if the output voltage and current of the stepper motor drives is sinusoidal AC voltage. If the driver voltage is a sinusoidal DC voltage (DC offset), then we have a problem.

Can someone help with this issue?

Thank you,
                    Wonju

Comment

Originally posted by woopy View Post
                      Hi Hanon
                      Thank's very much
                      All info will be very much welcome

Hi Wonju
                      thank's fo your info, will digest , need some time .

Here some of my last meditations on the subject

generador Figuera approach 2 - YouTube

good luck at all

laurent
                      Woopy,

I was not able to understand the experiment. Neither I was able to understand the objective of the experiment.

The configuration of the coils shown in the video was basically of a standard transformer.

How many turns do each coil have? It seems that it may need more turns.

Why did not you try the Figuera's configuration?

Wonju

Comment

Originally posted by wonju View Post
                        I have the following concerns with the stepper motor drivers;

the voltage rating of the coils could be more than 20V. Therefore, the voltage rating of the driver should be no less than 30V. With such a low excitation voltage, the primary coils cannot be connected in series.

In addition, I am not sure if the output voltage and current of the stepper motor drives is sinusoidal AC voltage. If the driver voltage is a sinusoidal DC voltage (DC offset), then we have a problem.

Can someone help with this issue?

Thank you,
                        Wonju
                        In case one wants higher Voltage and more Amperes, one can use the LMD18245 (+-55 Volt, 3 Ampere).

One can drive the two full bridges of the LMD18245 from +55 to -55, creating a Sinus with 110 Volt peak to peak at 3 Ampere.

One can apply a 4 bit number to its DAC (pins M1-M4), allowing 16 different current values. Or one can drive the LMD18245 with a separate DAC (which can supply more than 16 different Voltage levels) via its DAC REF pin (the pins M1 to M4 then usually stay static).

But with the LMD18245 one is stuck with a 90° phase shift (only one DAC REF).

In case one wants full phase flexibility with the DRV8834 (for +-10 Volt , 1.5 Ampere operation, 20 Volt peak to peak Sinus) one needs two external DACs and of course a microprocessor.

For the two external DACs I recommend
                        NEW PRODUCT – MCP4725 Breakout Board – 12-Bit DAC w/I2C Interface « adafruit industries blog

So, that is what you need:

- Microprocessor (Arduino or LaunchPad or any which one likes)

- two DACs e.g. two mcp4725 (can be avoided in case one is content with 16 or 32 current levels at locked 90° phases)

- one LMD18245 (16 current levels, phases locked at 90°) or one DRV8834 (32 current levels with phases locked at 90°, or any phases with two DACs)

In case one wants to find different stepper motor ICs or boards, they should in principle have the same flexibility than the LMD18245 or the DRV8834.

It is more difficult than the layman thinks. I am not selling the LMD18245 or DRV8834 ICs, I just tell what is needed to do a good job. As I said before, taking short cuts will cause severe limits.

In case the Fiquera transformer works, ill will also work with +- 10 Volt and 1.5 Ampere. One just has to wind the right coils (fewer turns for lower Voltage). Of course the output will be lower with less Wattage than with more Wattage put into the transformer.

The capabilities of the DRV8834 (two external DAC references, one for each phase) make it the ideal choice for complete flexibility concerning current levels and phase difference.

In case one is content with a 90° Phase shift, the LMD18245 would be a good candidate.

In case one wants a 90° phase shift, there are more boards and ICs with higher Drive Voltages and Amperages.

The number of different current levels (number of possible micro steps in stepper motor jargon) should be at least 8 (3 pins for selecting current level). But I would consider 16 levels or more.

Locking the phases at 90° makes it much less interesting, according to my humble opinion. Being stuck with only a few current levels (e.g. less than 8) limits the experiments even more.

But for everyone the path to happiness leads in a different direction. In case the budget constraints are less than 100.-- Euro, the experiment will be very limited.

Greetings, Conrad
                        Last edited by conradelektro; 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: LMD18245 or DRV8834 or similar capabilities

Comment

Hi Wonju

Do not worry, i go on the Figuera experiment.

My last video came from the fact that when i tried primaries with less Ohmage than the Micro Wave fan motor coil which has about 200 ohm DC resistance, i got no more the nice climbing and descending steps on the voltage trace, but i got a almost flat trace which ends with a sharp square with flyback spike. Almost as per a standard square wave .
                          Than i simply suppressed all the resistors and tried with the arduino (with your code ), and i got a kind of square wave , but centered on the middle of the cycle.And i got some interesting results. But i was very limited by the voltage of the Arduino , and when i tried to apply an amplifier with a transistor, i get a sharp square with strong Flyback spike. Seems not so good.

Today i wound the second C core (1000 turns of 0.3 mm with 14.5 Ohm DC resistance) so i have the real Figuera setup, with gap between the "y" and the 2 C core.

But with the Arduino and transistors ,i am not able to reach the nice trace, as per the Rotating commutator.

OK will go on with my rotating commutator to get the feeling. I will wait to Conrad or Keyo for electronic commutation.

Good luck at all

Laurent

Comment

Circuit and first test transformer

See the attached schematics for the test system I will build.

For an initial test I will wind all tree coils (primary 0 - secondary - primary 1) on a Ferrite rod next to each other (the secondary will be sandwiched between the two primaries).

Greetings, Conrad

NEW PRODUCT – MCP4725 Breakout Board – 12-Bit DAC w/I2C Interface « adafruit industries blog
                            DRV8834PWP - TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - TREIBER,MOTOR,DUAL H BRIDGE,24HTSSOP | Farnell Ă–sterreich
                            MSP430G2452IN20 - TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - MCU 16BIT,8K FLASH,20PDIP | Farnell Ă–sterreich
                            MSP-EXP430G2 - TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - ENTWICKLUNGSKIT MSP430,LAUNCHPAD | Farnell Ă–sterreich
                            Attached Files

Comment

Won't work.

Hi, I have seen the video, but there is something wrong.

You have a reading on the amp meter, and that reading doesn't change when you put the LED's on.

However, that doesn't mean this is free energy, all it means is that the amp meter is probably reading more than the LED current. The current doesn't drop because of the inductance, so it is kept stable.

Of course I could be wrong... (I wish)
                              ‎"It's all in the MIND"

Comment

@stweenyA,
                                You are right about that. But, if you watch Woopy's first video you will see when the secondary is shorted out and the primary current does not increase. That is something encouraging.

@All,
                                I wanted to stress the importance of maintaining the air gaps between the primary and secondary coils. If you refer to the figure 13 of the published document, you will understand the need to have a high reluctance medium between the primary magnetic field (Bp) and the routing of the diverted magnetic field (Bs2). Without it the primary magnetic field will cross the secondary coil completely inducing two voltages of equal magnitude and different polarities cancelling the net induced voltage (Vs).

There must be an optimum air gap distance for the Figuera's apparatus. If air gap is too small, the primary magnetic field may move across the secondary coil completely cancelling any induced voltage. On the contrary, if the air gap is too big, the primary magnetic field reaching the secondary will be weak affecting the performance of the device.

Wonju
                                Last edited by wonju; 11-10-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X