• Show
Clear All

Yes Wonju

very nice explanation and documented

easy to read and right place of picture is really helpfull

well done

for myself i tried some approach of the system

here some pix of my preparation of a replication

first pix are an idea to build the round tap system (not tested yet )

So as you can see (pix 3 ) , i have made a serial of 2.2 k ohm resistor (10 time 220 ohms in serie with 10 tap connector places ) and tried to slide by hand ,back and forth a brush on the connector (red wire ).

I got very different results depending of the coils

here for eg 2 coils with armature from a microwave oven fan motor.

As you can see i can not get a nice u shape wave , but more an inverted u wave shape.

OK my very first test to encourage other on this system.

good luck at all

Laurent
    Attached Files
    Last edited by woopy; 10-26-2012, 10:45 PM. Reason: being more precise woth the resistor

Comment

Woopy,

I do not think the set up that you have will work satisfactorily. As soon as the brushes begin rotating, the plastic disk will not resist the friction and heat generated. If you want something reliable, you will need a commutator similar to this one:
      Commutator(Electric Power Tools) D21A - China Electronic and Digital Products Wholesale Center.

Still, you will need to arrange for the brushes to rotate around it.

There are different ways to generate the two quadratic sine waves:

1) Rotating commutating switch. This is what Mr. Figuera used.
      2) Instead of a mechanical rotating switch, a series of switching transistor can be used to turn on and off sequentially. I like this approach more than the rotating brush. The driver for the switching transistors should turn the next transistor on prior to turning off the previous one. This option configures the transistors in a make-before-brake switching mode.
      3) A dynamo having the stator coils configured for 90 electrical degrees. If for instance, the stator has four poles spaced at 90 degrees, then, the electrical and geometrical degrees are the same. The two quadratic voltages can easily be derived.
      4) The easiest way would be to synchronize two inverters to generate the two quadratic voltages. I am trying to contact inverters manufacturers to find out if small inverters can be synchronized. I know that large inverters have this option to allow paralleling two or more inverters.

If you decide to continue with the existing set up, please, let us know about the results. But, if it does not go the way you expected, DO NOT GIVE UP!

Thanks for sharing.

Wonju.

Comment

No Permanent Magnets Needed!

MR. FIGUERA'S INVENTION MADE OBSOLETE ALL MOTIONLESS ELECTRIC GENERATORS (MEG) BASED ON PEMANENT MAGNETS!

ISN'T IT AMAZING???

PATRICK KELLY WILL BE PUBLISHING THE PAPER ON MR. FIGUERA. HE DID A NICE JOB ON THE SKETCHES. I REALLY LIKED THE 3D VIEW OF MR. FIGUERA'S DEVICE.

STAY TUNED! PATRICK'S WEBSITE CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/
        Last edited by wonju; 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I have only ever read the 1 news paper article before. good to see that Figuera is being brought into the light.

Comment

Old Electrical Symbols

Hi

Maybe not totally relevant here but I have copied and added a key to an old chart from 1899 of electrical symbols. Of note is the different batteries and also loose coils of wire:

Regards

John

Comment

Free-energy-info.co.uk

REFER TO PAGE 19 OF THE DOCUMENT FOR A 3D VIEW OF MR. FIGUERA'S APPARATUS.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter3.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by wonju View Post
                REFER TO PAGE 19 OF THE DOCUMENT FOR A 3D VIEW OF MR. FIGUERA'S APPARATUS.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter3.pdf
                Thank You very much. I have a feeling that Mr Figuera is now smiling to us. He has finally been recognized. I think once we collect with respect all informations about inventors and their inventions from the past , we win battle for free energy. Forever....

Comment

great stuff !

Hi Wonju .. A very enlightening and a very descriptive essay . Thank you for taking the time and effort to write it and then ... for sharing.
                  It seems many years ago I was clawing through transformer theory... guess I'll have to go and blow some dust off my Hughes electrical engineering book, even then as you point out some very important aspects are not covered, I remember thinking at the time if the vast majority of magnetic flux is contained with in the Iron core and certainly can not “cut” the secondary coil in any true sense then how can power possibly be produced in it?
                  Still it seemed very much to me at the time that it was “fait accompli” and as you say I too like everyone else simply accepted the classic teaching and the turns ratio and all the rest, after all in most respects it seems to hold together and make perfect sense .
                  The fact that you bring alternative “flux paths” sharply into focus put me in mind of the work of Hector and his very active team working on the roto – verter and particularly its demonstration “country cousin” the trans-verter (which isn’t the antenna matching unit that comes to mind), but rather a static transformer operated on the same principles as the roto-verter .
                  Here is a link to a few video's by one of that team “Dan Combine” but of course it is the second video of his three offerings that has caught my attention and seems to compliment what you have written here. As you probably know Wonju the roto verter and the Trans-former-verter have both been driven OU. I really dont want to throw the thread off subject but For your consideration ..

TV-part I - YouTube

addendum ... It also gives this guys work a boost How Parallel Path Gets Over Unity ... doesn't it?

meanwhile I'll return to your interesting paper

Best wishes Duncan

PS A little further study seems to suggest that Joe Flynn and of course his system are now contracted and part and parcel of the American military system and all that realises D
                  Last edited by Duncan; 11-03-2012, 03:09 PM.
                  Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

Hi Wonju and all

thank's for your recommendations

Here is a video of my really first approach of the Figuera system.

I wonder what could it be with modern transistor switching.

Hope this helps

Good luck at all

Laurent

generador Fiquera approach 1 - YouTube

Comment

Thanks

Wonja

Thanks for the new file and it looks really good in Patrick K's book.

Woopy

Great video, and its really interesting getting a square wave output - very unexpected. Do you know why?

Regards

John

Comment

Woopy,
                        The commutation using transistors can be done by using a micro-controller such as Arduino. The Arduino controller can be bought from ebay by about 20 dollars.

I am attaching the program code that can be used to drive 8 transistors. You can copy and paste it into the Arduino’s application software. The program has been documented to be self explanatory. Each transistor is on for 2ms and 0.5ms before is turned off, the next transistor is turned on to produce a make-before-break transistor switching. Note that 8 transistor will be switched on-off at 2ms time interval for a period of 16ms to generate a frequency of 62.5Hz. The period for 60Hz voltage is 16.67ms.

I tested the functionality of the software with a lower frequency and it seems to be working fine. The frequency can be changed by changing the values of “x” and “y.”

The photo of the setup can be found here:
                        Re-Inventing The Wheel-Part1-Clemente_Figuera-THE INFINITE ENERGY MACHINE

Here is the source code:

/*
                        Written by WONJU-BAJAC
                        Source code for Clemente Figuera's Generator
                        Generates the driving signals for 8 switching transistors
                        where 2 transistors turn on before one turns off
                        (Make-Before-Break swtiching.)

This example code is in the public domain.
                        As per 2012-11-03 Rev2
                        */

// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards.
                        // give it a name:
                        int led1 = 3; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 3
                        int led2 = 4; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 4
                        int led3 = 5; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 5
                        int led4 = 6; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 6
                        int led5 = 7; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 7
                        int led6 = 8; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 8
                        int led7 = 9; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 9
                        int led8 = 10; // LED 1 is connected to controller's output 10

// Variables Declaration:
                        float x = 0.5; // half millisecond overlapping time
                        int y = 1; // 1 + (2 x 0.5) = 2 milliseconds’ time each transistor is on
                        // defines a time period of 8 x 2 = 16 ms (62.5 Hz)

// the setup routine runs once the program starts:
                        void setup()
                        {
                        // initialize the I/O pins 3 through 10 as outputs.
                        pinMode(led1, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led2, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led3, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led4, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led5, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led6, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led7, OUTPUT);
                        pinMode(led8, OUTPUT);
                        }

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
                        void loop() {

// Pre: LED 2 on
                        digitalWrite(led1, HIGH); // turn the LED 1 on
                        delay(x); // wait for x seconds

// Pre: LEDs 1 & 2 on
                        digitalWrite(led2, LOW); // turn the LED 2 off
                        delay(y); // wait for y seconds

// Pre: LED 1 on
                        digitalWrite(led2, HIGH); // turn the LED 2 on

// Pre: LEDs 1 & 2 on
                        digitalWrite(led1, LOW); // turn the LED 1 off

// Pre: LED 2 on
                        digitalWrite(led3, HIGH); // turn the LED 3 on

// Pre: LEDs 2 & 3 on
                        digitalWrite(led2, LOW); // turn the LED 2 off

// Pre: LED 3 on
                        digitalWrite(led4, HIGH); // turn the LED 4 on

// Pre: LED 3 & 4 on
                        digitalWrite(led3, LOW); // turn the LED 3 off

// Pre: LED 4 on
                        digitalWrite(led5, HIGH); // turn the LED 5 on

// Pre: LEDs 4 & 5 on
                        digitalWrite(led4, LOW); // turn the LED 4 off

// Pre: LED 5 on
                        digitalWrite(led6, HIGH); // turn the LED 6 on

// Pre: LEDs 5 & 6 on
                        digitalWrite(led5, LOW); // turn the LED 5 off

// Pre: LED 6 on
                        digitalWrite(led7, HIGH); // turn the LED 7 on

// Pre: LEDs 6 & 7 on
                        digitalWrite(led6, LOW); // turn the LED 6 off

// Pre: LED 7 on
                        digitalWrite(led8, HIGH); // turn the LED 8 on

// Pre: LEDs 7 & 8 on
                        digitalWrite(led7, LOW); // turn the LED 7 off

// Pre: LED 8 on
                        digitalWrite(led7, HIGH); // turn the LED 7 on

// Pre: LEDs 7 & 8 on
                        digitalWrite(led8, LOW); // turn the LED 8 off

// Pre: LED 7 on
                        digitalWrite(led6, HIGH); // turn the LED 6 on

// Pre: LEDs 6 & 7 on
                        digitalWrite(led7, LOW); // turn the LED 7 off

// Pre: LED 6 on
                        digitalWrite(led5, HIGH); // turn the LED 5 on

// Pre: LEDs 5 & 6 on
                        digitalWrite(led6, LOW); // turn the LED 6 off

// Pre: LED 5 on
                        digitalWrite(led4, HIGH); // turn the LED 4 on

// Pre: LED 4 & 5 on
                        digitalWrite(led5, LOW); // turn the LED 5 off

// Pre: LED 4 on
                        digitalWrite(led3, HIGH); // turn the LED 3 on

// Pre: LEDs 3 & 4 on
                        digitalWrite(led4, LOW); // turn the LED 4 off

// Pre: LED 3 on
                        digitalWrite(led2, HIGH); // turn the LED 2 on

// Pre: LEDs 2 & 3 on
                        digitalWrite(led3, LOW); // turn the LED 3 off
                        // Post: LED 2 on

}

Comment

Hi Wonju and all

first thank's for all encouraging comments on the video.

And a very special thank's to you Wonju for the Arduino soft.

Already installed on my Freeduino board.

Now i have to design the transistors and resistors setup.

If you have already did this in practice, your help will be greatly appreciated.

What do you think of the rotating commutator results in the video, and especially of the square wave on the secondary under load ?

thanks

and good luck at all

Laurent

Comment

Woopy,

I love the video and your enthusiasm. The part that I liked the most is when you shorted the secondary out and the primary current did not change. Even though I was expecting it, it was very exciting to see it in practice.

By looking at the voltage waveforms, I might conclude that the switching of the commutator is not working properly. The primary waveform looks more like a saw tooth voltage. You should be getting a triangular waveform.

I would suggest the following:

1) Make sure that the bridging of two fixed contacts is properly placed. Remember that the sequence should be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.
                            2) Make sure the fixed contacts are cleaned. Clean the space in between the contacts with a bush and alcohol.
                            3) Verify that the carbon brush touches two fixed contacts when transitioning.
                            4) I noticed that the positive of the battery touches the fixed shaft (rotor) and passes through the bearing holding the carbon brush. You should be aware that when running, the ball bearings and oiled rings become electrically isolated – very often. This is the reason why a grounding brush such as Aegis protection rings are used. See this page AEGIS® Shaft Grounding Brush: Bearing Protection for Life . What happens is that when rotating, the shaft slips through the oil contained in the bearings and rings with compressed oil. Under these circumstances, the oil acts as a dielectric forming a capacitor between the shaft (rotor) and the housing (stator). This capacitor charges to very high voltages when the motor is used with variable speed drives, and when a voltage limit is reached, it discharges through and damages the motor bearings. To make sure there is no voltage drop at the bearing, monitor the bearing voltage drop with the scope. If there is a voltage drop, modify the contact to touch the moving part of the bearing instead of the fixed shaft.

On the other hand, the switching transistors can be driven directly by the controller or through resistors. If the switching transistors are rated for the voltage and current used by the controller, then, there is no need to use gate resistors. This is a very simple scheme and you should not have too much problems with it. Later, I will post a diagram.

Thank you for sharing and keep recording and posting your results. We all enjoyed it!

Regards,
                            Wonju
                            Last edited by wonju; 11-05-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

@Wonju and Woopy

My question:

When stepping up and down the current through the two primary coils (in one coil the current increases, in the other coil the current decreases), should the current always return to zero between steps (which is the case when using a commutator)?

It is visible in Woopy's scope trace that the current returns to zero between steps (when switching through the resistors). And I indicated with a read line as it should be according to my thought (see the attached scope shot done by Woopy).

My thought:

The current in the primaries should increase/decrease continuously.

This can be realised by using a microprocessor

and a 2-Phase Motor Driver like the TCA3727 (can drive both primary coils, 6 steps = 5 resistors)

or two 1-Phase Motor Drivers like the LMD18245 (each LMD18245 drives one primary, 16 steps = 15 resistors).

In the attached data sheets see pages 13 and 19 for the LMD18245 (Quarter Step Drive with Torque Compensation) and pages 14 and 18 for the TCA3727 (mini step operation).

There are of course many different motor drivers and more modern ones than the ones mentioned by me (which I have by chance since some years).

It seems that in Wonju's Arduino project the current will also return to zero when switching through the resistors?

Greetings, Conrad
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by conradelektro; 11-05-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Are Resistors R Inductors?

Hi

I'm wondering if the resistor "R" are in fact a series of inductors, rather than heat producing solid resistors?

Regards

John

Comment

Working...
                                X