• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post
    Hi Ufo,

If we look at the steady state (or very low frequency) analysis of your resistor set-up, just use Ohm's Law at each step around the rotary switch. Use that circuit diagram I posted yesterday except erase 6 of 7 sets of coils leaving one each S, y & N.

When the brush contacts #8, positive (+) is direct to R and onto S then to negative (-). Let's assume a supply of 10 Volts for this analysis. For the condition just described, the only resistance between + & - is 0.4 Ohms. Therefore current thru this branch is 25A. The other branch when brush contacts #8 is thru all resistors (70 Ohms) and coil N ( total of 70.4 Ohms). Current in this branch is 10V / 70.4 ohm = 0.14A.

Brush at position #4 (mid way) gives 2 equal branches of 35.4 Ohms each yielding 10V / 35.4ohm = 0.28A.

If brush is on #7, branch current thru S = 10V / 10.4ohm = 0.96A.

Brush on #6, current thru S = 10V / 20.4ohm = 0.49A.

And so on.

So on the 7 increment rotation, all positions give less than one Ampere except the ends giving direct connection and 25A. However 25 Amperes is above the current limit of your power supply. So what is happening (so I believe) is the when the circuit attempts to draw 25A, the PSU either shuts off or starts modulating to limit current (effectively shutting off and on very fast). The abrupt switching of relatively high current thru the coil (having relatively high inductance) will induce voltage spikes causing arcing and erosion at the comm-brush interface.

You need lower resistance resistors or higher resistance coils (smaller wire and more turns). With the 70 Ohm resistor bank you'll need higher supply potential.

Regards,

bi
    Hello Bistander,

Thanks for all your time to explain all of the above.

I have "repaired" the previous CAD I have shown before...about interlaced coils...now it is a completely different structure, volume and geometry.

No more series connected coils, Field loose power as we fluctuate currents through different resistance, so we have to keep modulating power.

I am working on a completely different system as far as Primaries configuration, but same rotary switching controller.

Circuit is a mixed of Series-Parallel Coils, and fluctuating coils are all parallel.

Rotary switch directly drives overlapped and stepped sequenced coils connected in parallel at both facing primaries.

All fluctuating coils have exactly the same resistance, but different geometry, so, current nor voltage need to vary during operation, except a very minor, when brush transfers from coil to coil and contacts two sets for just milliseconds, same thing that takes place in a motor, specifically an Asymmetric one.

It is just a different "Spatial Location" for each coil within the fluctuating range...all linear though.

Just need around 50V and close to two amps to run the exciter system...and no more drop of fluctuating angle at higher speeds, it keeps very robust at all times.

It is a "Linear Reciprocating Magnetic Field Motor"...on first testing model, but I plan to make it also on a Toroidal Core where field would be in a rotation mode by "cross-winding" commutator.

Now I can see the field traveling on a much longer range...to the point where in each Two primaries "assembly" set, I will have Three Induced Coils...or three part "y"...and if I connect them in series...Well let's wait to see it alive...

I will display some Diagrams next week...as I am waiting on wire to make it all happen...it takes a lot of winding copper and time.

There is a lot more to it...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-10-2017, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Welcome Grey Wolf!!

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    Hello UFO POLITICS, Just letting you know that I have been able to post now. Thanks for your help. Grey Wolf

Hello Grey Wolf and welcome here!!

To All, Grey Wolf contacted me in the YouTube Channel and I ask him to join Us here, and so he was having some difficulties after becoming a Member, being able to post.

I wrote to Aaron Murakami...and he solved the issue.

Thanks Aaron for making this possible!

Grey Wolf is a great builder, developing the Figuera Device with new ideas about its configuration.

Great to have you here!!

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    Hello UFO POLITICS, Just letting you know that I have been able to post now. Thanks for your help. Grey Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Hi Ufo,

I think the field direction is correct as I describe the locked rotor stator excited 3-phase machine. The flux ( B field) direction is radial. The field motion is circulating around. So the two are at right angle to each other (field direction and motion)
    Yes, exactly Bistander, all of the above... everything is correct and so I agree with.

and will result in induction in the axial direction, like the the flux cutting the y coil turns on the Figuera device.

Regards,

bi

Now here -specifically on the bold part- is where I do not see it that way...but we've been there before.

As I interpret this...Induction takes place radially as well, and in every step where exciter coil/core to Induced coil/core face each others, except that Induction "grows/increases" axially, as all sequenced-series Induced coils are "axially disposed"...so, what is taking place is an Axial Sum from all -per pole- Radial Interactions-Inductions.

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-08-2017, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cornboy 555
    replied
    Hi seaad,

To finish this thought: 1000 Hz = 60,000 RPM of the brush rotating around the commutator (rotary switching device).

Regards,

bi

Ahh, piece of cake.

Respectfully, Cornboy.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Direction

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

In almost any existing Motor or Generator (I said "almost", since there could always be one of a kind...) the Field on stator and rotor (interacting-exchange) are facing each others...so, making this displacement around the stator core with its existing windings it will deliver a "sideways" translation of the field...and that is not what I am looking for here.

The Field translation through the Induced core am looking for is closer to Figuera's and Cook's concepts...but taking it to a rotational geometry in a toroid or ring shape volume.

Field travels within the iron core in either a reciprocating or rotational displacement.
    Hi Ufo,

I think the field direction is correct as I describe the locked rotor stator excited 3-phase machine. The flux ( B field) direction is radial. The field motion is circulating around. So the two are at right angle to each other (field direction and motion) and will result in induction in the axial direction, like the the flux cutting the y coil turns on the Figuera device.

Regards,

bi

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Analysis

Thanks Bistander,

Ok, if I go based on your "patch" then I have a total of 70 Ohms at resistor bank (in reality)...and so, the resistance at A Set of Primaries would be less than 1 ohm (0.4 + 0.4)...meaning I have to add a series resistor of 70 ohms, or say 69...to each primary...then we are "balanced" now?

How about the currents going there?

How about the Field generated there?

Very low, very weak, respectively...

Resulting in a very low induction gain.

Thanks Bistander, but I was referring to some issue where we all approach more to the Figuera way of thinking...
    Hi Ufo,

If we look at the steady state (or very low frequency) analysis of your resistor set-up, just use Ohm's Law at each step around the rotary switch. Use that circuit diagram I posted yesterday except erase 6 of 7 sets of coils leaving one each S, y & N.

When the brush contacts #8, positive (+) is direct to R and onto S then to negative (-). Let's assume a supply of 10 Volts for this analysis. For the condition just described, the only resistance between + & - is 0.4 Ohms. Therefore current thru this branch is 25A. The other branch when brush contacts #8 is thru all resistors (70 Ohms) and coil N ( total of 70.4 Ohms). Current in this branch is 10V / 70.4 ohm = 0.14A.

Brush at position #4 (mid way) gives 2 equal branches of 35.4 Ohms each yielding 10V / 35.4ohm = 0.28A.

If brush is on #7, branch current thru S = 10V / 10.4ohm = 0.96A.

Brush on #6, current thru S = 10V / 20.4ohm = 0.49A.

And so on.

So on the 7 increment rotation, all positions give less than one Ampere except the ends giving direct connection and 25A. However 25 Amperes is above the current limit of your power supply. So what is happening (so I believe) is the when the circuit attempts to draw 25A, the PSU either shuts off or starts modulating to limit current (effectively shutting off and on very fast). The abrupt switching of relatively high current thru the coil (having relatively high inductance) will induce voltage spikes causing arcing and erosion at the comm-brush interface.

You need lower resistance resistors or higher resistance coils (smaller wire and more turns). With the 70 Ohm resistor bank you'll need higher supply potential.

Regards,

bi
    Last edited by bistander; 02-08-2017, 06:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Hi Ufo,

Since you first (that I know of) came up with this idea or concept, I've been hinting or suggesting that you simply use a 3-phase motor (or generator or alternator) and lock the rotor. 3-phase excitation of the stator will produce a traveling flux wave which will produce moving flux around the stationary (locked) rotor. The AC excitation on the stator winding could be biased such that it doesn't cross zero potential as you desire. The air gap is small and should not interfere with experiments yet allow seperation of "primary" & "secondary" or ("field" & "armature") for altering the winding.
    Hello Bistander,

I know...and it is a very simple test and build, however, it is a different geometric displacement of the field...

In almost any existing Motor or Generator (I said "almost", since there could always be one of a kind...) the Field on stator and rotor (interacting-exchange) are facing each others...so, making this displacement around the stator core with its existing windings it will deliver a "sideways" translation of the field...and that is not what I am looking for here.

The Field translation through the Induced core am looking for is closer to Figuera's and Cook's concepts...but taking it to a rotational geometry in a toroid or ring shape volume.

Field travels within the iron core in either a reciprocating or rotational displacement.

A drawback I have found with Figuera's Primaries-Secondaries relation, is that both Fields which generates the repulsion Field at secondaries, displaces in a too short range through the secondary core, no matter how much you change everything around...so Induction is not like expected.

As to your comments regarding "feeling" magnetic field motion or relationship to gravity, I'll defer until I see proof.

Regards,

bi
    Ok, I understand...but when you see even just the design... I know you will understand what I am referring to...it is simple, all you need is the basic knowledge about Motors...and you have that part.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Concept

Bistander,

All I have been pursuing ALL this time...is to build a "MAGNETIC FIELD MOTOR"

Which is a motor which does not displaces any physical rotor. nor shafts...but just the Magnetic Field.

You grab the device in your hands...you will feel like it is "moving" very fast...however, apparently nothing observable moving there...because we are talking about a Field displacement through Static metals on the device.

If it is based on a "Linear Displacement" just like a Linear Motor...then it would be like Figuera...except Figuera is closer to a Linear but, Reciprocating Motor movement of the Field.

A Full Rotational 360 degrees Magnetic Field Motor...if you grab it in your hands...you will feel a Gyroscope Effect of Spatial Balancing in space...almost an Antigravitational effect... remember the Steve Marks TPU/ Jack Durban opinion?

Same exact deal.

But it is not that "simple" to wind a Motor which does not have any rotors...but a transparent, all messed up and not fully understood magnetic field.

But I know...once we achieve this...it is all finished.

The "End of Energy Games"...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Hi Ufo,

Since you first (that I know of) came up with this idea or concept, I've been hinting or suggesting that you simply use a 3-phase motor (or generator or alternator) and lock the rotor. 3-phase excitation of the stator will produce a traveling flux wave which will produce moving flux around the stationary (locked) rotor. The AC excitation on the stator winding could be biased such that it doesn't cross zero potential as you desire. The air gap is small and should not interfere with experiments yet allow seperation of "primary" & "secondary" or ("field" & "armature") for altering the winding.

As to your comments regarding "feeling" magnetic field motion or relationship to gravity, I'll defer until I see proof.

Regards,

bi

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Hz to RPM

Originally posted by seaad View Post
    If I use hanon's math roughly and transfer my simulator frequency 1000 Hz to 50 Hz we need to wind about 250 to 300 turns on the part-G core (0.5 - 1.5 Henry) and about 100mH, XL 35 Ohm on the primarys (N, S). Cornboy's part-G will be exellent at about 1000 Hz.
    Regards Arne
    Hi seaad,

To finish this thought: 1000 Hz = 60,000 RPM of the brush rotating around the commutator (rotary switching device).

Regards,

bi

Leave a comment:

• seaad
    replied
    hanon math

If I use hanon's math roughly and transfer my simulator frequency 1000 Hz to 50 Hz we need to wind about 250 to 300 turns on the part-G core (0.5 - 1.5 Henry) and about 100mH, XL 35 Ohm on the primarys (N, S). Cornboy's part-G will be exellent at about 1000 Hz.
    Regards Arne

Leave a comment:

• hanon1492
    replied
    Doing some calculations with the tipical core sizes of some of your toroids a rough estimation for its reactance at 50 Hz is

XL = 10*(N/50)^2, where XL is expressed in ohms, and N number of turns

Now compare the resistance in the regulator (wheter reactance in part G, or ohmic resistance in the resistors) with the impedance of each set of inducers, and see if they are around the same value. Start with 50% / 50% in impedance (resistance to current flow ) in inducers and in regulator.

Time ago I posted an Excel spreadsheet to estimate those values of impedance in inducers and the commutator and see the obtained driving signals for each set of values.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Hi Ufo,

Working on something else requiring full attention. I can help more later. But basically your total circuit resistance value needs to be in line with your power supply per Ohm's Law. So with 70 Ohms you need 140 Volts to get 2 Amps. A 0.4 Ohm coil direct to 4V will draw 2A. So it appears your resistors are too high Ohms. Total resistance of resistors of 1 Ohm and a single coil of 1 Ohm will get you 5 to 10 Amp current swing with 10 Volt supply.

bi
    OK, Thanks Bistander

Take care

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Use Ohm's Law

Hi Ufo,

Working on something else requiring full attention. I can help more later. But basically your total circuit resistance value needs to be in line with your power supply per Ohm's Law. So with 70 Ohms you need 140 Volts to get 2 Amps. A 0.4 Ohm coil direct to 4V will draw 10A. So it appears your resistors are too high Ohms. Total resistance of resistors of 1 Ohm and a single coil of 1 Ohm will get you 5 to 10 Amp current swing with 10 Volt supply.

bi
    Last edited by bistander; 02-07-2017, 09:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Magnetic Field Motor...

Bistander,

All I have been pursuing ALL this time...is to build a "MAGNETIC FIELD MOTOR"

Which is a motor which does not displaces any physical rotor. nor shafts...but just the Magnetic Field.

You grab the device in your hands...you will feel like it is "moving" very fast...however, apparently nothing observable moving there...because we are talking about a Field displacement through Static metals on the device.

If it is based on a "Linear Displacement" just like a Linear Motor...then it would be like Figuera...except Figuera is closer to a Linear but, Reciprocating Motor movement of the Field.

A Full Rotational 360 degrees Magnetic Field Motor...if you grab it in your hands...you will feel a Gyroscope Effect of Spatial Balancing in space...almost an Antigravitational effect... remember the Steve Marks TPU/ Jack Durban opinion?

Same exact deal.

But it is not that "simple" to wind a Motor which does not have any rotors...but a transparent, all messed up and not fully understood magnetic field.

But I know...once we achieve this...it is all finished.

The "End of Energy Games"...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-07-2017, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X