Re-Inventing The Wheel-Part1-Clemente_Figuera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wonju View Post
    There is nothing interesting with the ghost voltages!
    These are the unwanted induced voltages that I warned about when the iron cores are put directly in contact.

Wonju
    Try using an insulator to avoid the cores to touch each other
    https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
      Hi all,

I have got one of the three patent missing. Patent No. 30378 is the generator developed in 1902 by Clemente Figuera. Later he developed a new generator in 1908 , the one we are replicating till now. The patent 30378 wasn´t unavailable until now since it was deteriorated and the patent clerk´s didn´t want to scan it to avoid breaking it. Today I have been to the Patent Office Archive and I have got some pictures of this patent (redable)

I will start to traslate it. By now I give you in advance that the design is different but is based in the same principle. The exciting current used in this case is alternating in sign or pulsed. And as woopy has discovered, it is clearly stated that the separation between the coil must be minimun

Also I want to deliver this patent in a few days to give time to people to replicate the one from 1908 and avoid mising them.

One interesting data: the patent from 1908 (filed the 30th of october 1908) was filed few days before the death of Clemente Figuera. I suppose that he was ill and decided to write his last patent. If so, he was not trying to earn any money from this last patent. It may be his heritage to the world.
      Awesome research
      Keep up the good work

dave
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Overunity of rotating Generator and the Lenz's effect

I just wanted to generalize the power gains for devices such as the generators with spinning rotors.

The overunity principle that applies to the Figuera's device is also the same for rotating generators. The Lenz's law is what makes the opposing torque to increase when a load current circulates in the stator. If the iron of the stator is designed to divert part of the induced magnetic field of the stator windings, the torque can be considerably smaller, that is, less mechanical energy is required to produce a given electrical power.

Think about it!

Wonju

Comment

• Clemente Figueras Generador Arduino Driver

Alrightythen...

I have found a simple way to do the coil driving with Arduino!

All you need is:
          1. ONE 10k/100k Ohm potentiometer. Connect the middle leg to Arduino's "A0" analog input. The other two legs of the pot goes to +5V and GND on Arduino.
          2. TWO Logic Level MOSFET transistors to do the switching (Logic level - like in IRL series - means that a mosfet is in a conduction saturation state at just +5V put to its gate). Connect the Gate of one mosfet to "Pin 3" and the others' gate to "Pin 11". Sources go to the "GND" of the Arduino board.
          3. Connect +(positive) from a battery to both "North" & "South" coils and their ends to both drains in the two mosfets and -(negative) to the Arduino's "GND" close to the Source legs of mosfets.
          4. Connect fast shottky diodes across each coil to do the freewheeling of current.

Program description:
          Arduino is generating a digital signal at 32 kHz frequency using 2 PWM outputs. The value for each "sample" is taken from the sine table. There are 256 values of resolution for the "shape" of the sine wave and 256 values of amplitude. You can change phase shift by changing "offset" variable. Potentiometer allows to set the analog frequency from 0 to 1023 Hz at 1 Hz resolution...

NOW copy the code below to Arduino IDE window and save it to the microconroller and HERE YOU GO!

Code:
          /* CLEMENTE FIGUERAS GENERADOR DRIVER
           * modification by kEhYo77
           * Thanks must be given to Martin Nawrath for the developement of the original code to generate a sine wave using PWM and a LPF.
           * http://interface.khm.de/index.php/lab/experiments/arduino-dds-sinewave-generator/
          */

#include "avr/pgmspace.h" //Store data in flash (program) memory instead of SRAM

// Look Up table of a single sine period divied up into 256 values. Refer to PWM to sine.xls on how the values was calculated
          PROGMEM  prog_uchar sine256[]  = {
            127,130,133,136,139,143,146,149,152,155,158,161,164,167,170,173,176,178,181,184,187,190,192,195,198,200,203,205,208,210,212,215,217,219,221,223,225,227,229,231,233,234,236,238,239,240,
            242,243,244,245,247,248,249,249,250,251,252,252,253,253,253,254,254,254,254,254,254,254,253,253,253,252,252,251,250,249,249,248,247,245,244,243,242,240,239,238,236,234,233,231,229,227,225,223,
            221,219,217,215,212,210,208,205,203,200,198,195,192,190,187,184,181,178,176,173,170,167,164,161,158,155,152,149,146,143,139,136,133,130,127,124,121,118,115,111,108,105,102,99,96,93,90,87,84,81,78,
            76,73,70,67,64,62,59,56,54,51,49,46,44,42,39,37,35,33,31,29,27,25,23,21,20,18,16,15,14,12,11,10,9,7,6,5,5,4,3,2,2,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,18,20,21,23,25,27,29,31,
            33,35,37,39,42,44,46,49,51,54,56,59,62,64,67,70,73,76,78,81,84,87,90,93,96,99,102,105,108,111,115,118,121,124

};
          #define cbi(sfr, bit) (_SFR_BYTE(sfr) &= ~_BV(bit)) //define a bit to have the properties of a clear bit operator
          #define sbi(sfr, bit) (_SFR_BYTE(sfr) |= _BV(bit))//define a bit to have the properties of a set bit operator

int PWM1 = 11; //PWM1 output, phase 1
          int PWM2 = 3; //PWM2 ouput, phase 2
          int offset = 127; //offset is 180 degrees out of phase with the other phase

double dfreq;
          const double refclk=31376.6;      // measured output frequency
          int apin0 = 10;

// variables used inside interrupt service declared as voilatile
          volatile byte current_count;              // Keep track of where the current count is in sine 256 array
          volatile unsigned long phase_accumulator;   // pahse accumulator
          volatile unsigned long tword_m;  // dds tuning word m, refer to DDS_calculator (from Martin Nawrath) for explination.

void setup()
          {
            pinMode(PWM1, OUTPUT);      //sets the digital pin as output
            pinMode(PWM2, OUTPUT);      //sets the digital pin as output
            Setup_timer2();

//Disable Timer 1 interrupt to avoid any timing delays
            cbi (TIMSK0,TOIE0);              //disable Timer0 !!! delay() is now not available
            sbi (TIMSK2,TOIE2);              //enable Timer2 Interrupt

dfreq=10.0;                    //initial output frequency = 1000.o Hz
            tword_m=pow(2,32)*dfreq/refclk;  //calulate DDS new tuning word 

// running analog pot input with high speed clock (set prescale to 16)
            bitClear(ADCSRA,ADPS0);
            bitClear(ADCSRA,ADPS1);
            bitSet(ADCSRA,ADPS2);

}
          void loop()
          {
                  apin0=analogRead(0);             //Read voltage on analog 1 to see desired output frequency, 0V = 0Hz, 5V = 1.023kHz
                  if(dfreq != apin0){
                    tword_m=pow(2,32)*dfreq/refclk;  //Calulate DDS new tuning word
                    dfreq=apin0;
                  }
          }

//Timer 2 setup
          //Set prscaler to 1, PWM mode to phase correct PWM,  16000000/510 = 31372.55 Hz clock
          void Setup_timer2() 
          {
            // Timer2 Clock Prescaler to : 1
            sbi (TCCR2B, CS20);
            cbi (TCCR2B, CS21);
            cbi (TCCR2B, CS22);

// Timer2 PWM Mode set to Phase Correct PWM
            cbi (TCCR2A, COM2A0);  // clear Compare Match
            sbi (TCCR2A, COM2A1);
            cbi (TCCR2A, COM2B0); 
            sbi (TCCR2A, COM2B1);

// Mode 1  / Phase Correct PWM
            sbi (TCCR2B, WGM20);  
            cbi (TCCR2B, WGM21);
            cbi (TCCR2B, WGM22);
          }

//Timer2 Interrupt Service at 31372,550 KHz = 32uSec
          //This is the timebase REFCLOCK for the DDS generator
          //FOUT = (M (REFCLK)) / (2 exp 32)
          //Runtime : 8 microseconds
          ISR(TIMER2_OVF_vect)
          {
            phase_accumulator=phase_accumulator+tword_m; //Adds tuning M word to previoud phase accumulator. refer to DDS_calculator (from Martin Nawrath) for explination.
            current_count=phase_accumulator >> 24;     // use upper 8 bits of phase_accumulator as frequency information                      

OCR2A = pgm_read_byte_near(sine256 + current_count); // read value fron ROM sine table and send to PWM
            OCR2B = pgm_read_byte_near(sine256 + (uint8_t)(current_count + offset)); // read value fron ROM sine table and send to PWM, 180 Degree out of phase of PWM1
          }
          Last edited by kEhYo77; 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM.
          “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• Hi Kehyo

Just tried your code, thank's for sharing

I wanted to see the difference with my set up, so i did not use the Mosfet but keep my Tip 41 c transistor with the 330 ohm base resistor.

So i get the 2 primaries firing at the same time, no shifting, and the offset should be 180 degree (as i read in the code that the 127 = 180 degree offset.??) Any idea of the other offset number to modify the offset ?

But very interesting the current draw fall down from 47 ma with 2 LED connected, to 24 ma, and the LED are something less bright but they are there.

Than i tried to reverse one of the primary on his core, and was almost sure that this should kill the magnetic field and the LED would quit, So there is almost no change in the brightness of the LED, the current draw is slightly less (about 22 ma) and on the scope one of the primary's trace is very weak and the other remain normal

Than i tried to modulate the frequency with the potentiometer (the actual frequency is about 28 Hz) , but nothig happen and i could simply put away the pot and no change on the system.
            So not sure that the pot instruction is correct.??

@Guyla
            Thank's for answering, very helpfull to make up my magneticpathbeginner mind.

@Wonju
            Hope i do not disturb too much here, but i report my testing, hoping that we can find a way to transperce the Figuera secret.

OK hope this helps

Good luck at all

Laurent

Comment

• Hi Woopy.

127 is a value/a half of the length of the 256 long sine table, looks like it's correct but there might be an error in bit setting of the timer.. hmm..
              About the pot: is it connected to the "A0"? can you read the changing voltage measured at this pin while turning the pot?
              I'll check the code after work and will correct it, sorry for that
              Last edited by kEhYo77; 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM.
              “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                Hi Hanon

Copy of the patent

"The machine comprise a fixed inductor circuit, consisting of several electromagnets with sweet iron cores exercising induction in the induced circuit, also fixed and immobile, several reels or turns, properly placed. As neither of the two circuits spin, there is no need to make them round, nor leave any space between one and the other. "

So i am now testing some experiment with the 2 C cores totally magnetically connected.(no gap at all ), and the secondary core is simply approached or lightly touching (not between ) the 2 joined primaries C cores.

Laurent

Hi Woopy,

I have seen your video No. 3 and you don´t have left any gap between the cores, but coils are quite far . I think Mr. Figuera is telling in the patent that the small gap is between the coils, not the cores. For that reason I suggest to test: coil + insulator + COIL + insulator + coil , where COIL could be oriented to search for the proper orientation ( also from the patent: “ the induced circuit properly placed …”

Is anyone testing the original Figuera´s design with the cores not longer than the coils? I hope to test it when I receive the components I need

Regards
                https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Design Hint!!!

The correct separation distance between the iron cores is the minimum gap distance for which the ghost image does not manifest. That is, there should be no cross-talking between the primaries. You also do not want this distance to be larger because it will negatively affect the intensity of the magnetic field reaching the secondary. My previous advice was to start with a large air gap (about 1 cm) and bring them closer. Just before the ghost image appears. That is the reason why I built my device with adjusting channels.

The location of the coils within the column of the iron cores is not important. You can validate my statement through testing!

Woopy,
                  It is ok to play with the device to test its capabilities. I just do not agree to do it before we get the true replication of Mr. Figuera's apparatus. To me, it is worthless.

Wonju
                  Last edited by wonju; 11-16-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• @Woopy and All.
                    I corrected the code and now it works.
                    Woopy, connect the pot to A0! It is not the first one near the board's end!

Comment

• Hi Kehyo

I wanted to test some different offset number and for that i reloaded the code but this time at Overunity forum .
                      And to be sure i retested before modifying the code and this time the pot is working and i can see a lot of spikes very narrow and very strong (flyback spikes ) during the upper going and than the trace stays in a certain arc without spikes and than goes down also with a multitude of very strong flyback spikes. Very difficult to stay steady ( perhaps i have to go on mosfet) ??

Did you test youself the code and get a better result ?.

no more time this evening for experimenting.

Hi Hanon

thank's for explanation

Hi Wonju

Yes you are right , perhaps we should absolutely stay in your descriptive design as per your excellent drawings, but as you can see in my very first video, i was very near from the original Figuera with gap and rotating commutator, and got no significant results. I mean for me a real increasing of the output power on the secondary. I am probably making something wrong?

So perhaps we should open an other thread for the "discident " experimenters, and report here only the result relative to your drawing in the first page?

OK will go on the experiment and report

good luck at all

Laurent

Comment

• Woopy, try the new code now and put a scope on the output, please. Frequency setting and a correct phase shift is working as of now, I'm running it on test LEDs. Tomorrow the real thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                          Hi Kehyo

I wanted to test some different offset number and for that i reloaded the code but this time at Overunity forum .
                          And to be sure i retested before modifying the code and this time the pot is working and i can see a lot of spikes very narrow and very strong (flyback spikes ) during the upper going and than the trace stays in a certain arc without spikes and than goes down also with a multitude of very strong flyback spikes. Very difficult to stay steady ( perhaps i have to go on mosfet) ??

Did you test youself the code and get a better result ?.

no more time this evening for experimenting.

Hi Hanon

thank's for explanation

Hi Wonju

Yes you are right , perhaps we should absolutely stay in your descriptive design as per your excellent drawings, but as you can see in my very first video, i was very near from the original Figuera with gap and rotating commutator, and got no significant results. I mean for me a real increasing of the output power on the secondary. I am probably making something wrong?

So perhaps we should open an other thread for the "discident " experimenters, and report here only the result relative to your drawing in the first page?

OK will go on the experiment and report

good luck at all

Laurent
                          Woopy,

What I meant was to do it as Mr. Figuera's description. This is a very simple apparatus and we should be capable of replicating it.

As for the design hint, I am not sure if the minimum gap distance is the same, either when the secondary is open or when it is loaded. When there is an induced magnetic field due to a load connected to the secondary coil, the distribution of the magnetic field in the iron cores is different. The question should be, is the minimum gap distance the one determined with or without load? I do not have an answer to that question, but for sure, we will get it when testing the device.

Wonju

Comment

• Commutator

Hello hanon1492 Thank you for the translations and the hope of the new patent. I am working on the version with a sixteen bar commutator. I hope there is a picture below. I have the cores made and it seems like the commutator is taking for ever.
                            Garry

088.JPG

Comment

• Solid state alternator??

Question?? After reading the poor translation of the patent all I get is that this is as much of a solid state alternator as you could come up with for that time (which was ingenious by the way) without the heavy rotor and mechanical/electro-mechanical drag associated with driving one. Cant you just use a regular hollow transformer core, cut out a section, and put the section back with spacers for the secondary??

Comment

• Code

Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
                                Woopy, try the new code now and put a scope on the output, please. Frequency setting and a correct phase shift is working as of now, I'm running it on test LEDs. Tomorrow the real thing...
                                Hy kEhYo77.
                                I am finished with coil setup and debating witch way to proceed with trigger mechanism. I have Audrino and unfortunately little experience in setting it up till now. I like your Audrino approach and would like to try it. I loaded the code with no problem, unfortunately need more clear schematics regarding setup and pin out. Please if possible include it in your forthcoming setup explanation. For a moment all I can report is that when doing manual connections on resistor as per Figuera instruction at position #1 primary coil #1 indicates perfect insulation from the primary #2 and center secondary receives induction. This is visible with the load as light is connected. Same happens in position #8 on opposite end as manually and momentarily I touch resistor, light is lit just as same. If I use my magnet pole sensor I can clearly see only one coil is activated at the time in steady connection. I noticed speed of transition on resistor is important because faster I transfer les amperage is needed. Personally I think this is going to work, the swing is there, induction is there, load lights up, it is all there. On shorting center secondary I see no reflection on primary which is beautiful. All I need is smooth switcher and it is running.
                                Hope is eternal.
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X