Quadfilar A.C. JT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadfilar A.C. JT.

2 bifilar Jule Thief coils twisted into a spiral air core torus will output inverted A.C current from the secondary coil at twice the voltage of the pulsed D.C input to the primary. Two skiens of Radio Shack 2 wire speaker wire works well for this kind of A.C. Jule Thief Quadfilar.

Sounds interesting. Are you able to measure power in vs. power out? If so how does that look? I've been thinking about something similar with the added twist of making it into a Mobius coil.
    Attached Files
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Like this? Note - only doubles voltage for pulses and AC, will not work for DC. Image from: Free Energy News and Directory by PES Network Inc.

Last edited by xee2; 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

@ewizard,

There is no departure from Ohm's Law. The twin coils invert to A.C. and double the voltage, but the A.C. amperage drops in half.

@Xee2,

Thanks for that attachment. I started a thread over at Overunity with the same name and copied your attachment to it with credit.
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 09-16-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
          @ewizard,

There is no departure from Ohm's Law. The twin coils invert to A.C. and double the voltage, but the A.C. amperage drops in half.
          Unfortunately, you do not pay attention to a *small* detail: the energy in that coil (as stated in Tesla's patent 1000 turns and 100V input) is 250,000 (twohoundredfiftyTHOUSEND) greater for the same input to the same monofilar coil.
          What that tells you about the current? does it looks smaller?

Initially, using a ferrite core, the best I could do for a regular JThief powered at 12V was a mere 250V spike BEMF as people usually call it. The same thing using a true Tesla bifilar took me easily to 670V peak to peak, air core. When one charges a capacitor on the same amount of time to almost 3 times the same voltage, who doubts the discharge current? The current drops to half you say? prove it please... So please move away from DC Ohm's law paradigm and you'll witness a different world.

Ah,,, and I used the same kind of coil design as you describe not quadfilar but just bifilar. Schematic? this one:
          http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...oscillator.jpg

This is nothing I boast about, just try and see.
          Last edited by barbosi; 09-17-2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

@barbosi,

I am very confused about your claim. My claim is restricted to the four wire eight end coil, connected to produce two individual bifilar Tesla Hi-Voltage coils entwined in the wrap. My claim is that pulsed D.C. in one of these individual bifilars, generates A.C. current at twice the voltage and half the amperage in the other individual bifilar, both wraped into one solid coil.

You speak of the discharge rate to a capacitor from a single bifilar. This sounds interesting, but it appears to be non-germaine and off topic for this thread.
            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Here's a schematic from Jeana's "Joule Theif A.C. secondary pickup" thread. One can see at a glance that Jeanna's wraps are around a ferrite core. The Quadfilar Spiral
              is air core.
              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-18-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Here's another look at JonnyDavro's Piezo A.C. inverter circuit. Notice his costly ferrite core "mains" transformer. How much simpler and cost efficient would the coreless double wind be?

Piezo Buzzer Inverter - Bright light - YouTube

Jonny Davro's A.C. LED could run with a Quadfilar Inverter Spiral Coil ringed around the screw base. The Piezo buzzer, transistor and tiny battery can all tuck in neatly under the bulb base. This beats trying to hide a bulky five pound ferrite core transformer.
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I might have misunderstood your setup without a schematic...

However, as a big fan of Tesla's bifilar coil patent, I can try to correct a wide missconception.
                  When you say "entwined"...
                  Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
                  ... connected to produce two individual bifilar Tesla Hi-Voltage coils entwined in the wrap.
                  ... you have nothing in common with Tesla's bifilar. If the individual wires are "entwined" (synonym to twisted together) before to be winded on a core, you have something like Bedini bifilar, which is completely non Tesla topology. Xee, shows very well how the wires lay parallel AND not twisted.

You were describing earlier about using speaker cable which where leave is a flat ("ribbon") two wires cable. This kind of cable was appropriate to build a coil as in Xee's picture, which again, it is a true Tesla's bifilar coil.
                  The term quad-filar Tesla coil is again a lack of understanding of how a Tesla bifilar coil works. It cannot be done but only with TWO wires. You prove again you are refering to Bedini's style of multifilar. His coils in SSG and derivates use multiple wires twisted before winding. The wires in Tesla's bifilar coils ARE NOT.
                  Bedini's style is to ensure a tight coupling between the wires, while Tesla's goal is to cancel the self inductance of the coil and as result there is an increased energy with the same amount of wire and input voltage.

In the schematic I have shown, my approach was to combine the two. Clearly nothing close to what you had in mind.
                  But as I said, without a picture showing the concept, words may mislead. My intention was to clarify this issue for good, although there still will be people thinking the to methods are equivalent. It will be my pleasure to know that at least you can make that distinction from now on.
                  Regards.

Comment

@barbosi,

I can understand you now. Imagine two of Tesla's pancake hi-voltage coils pressed together. Pulse one coil with D.C. current, and A.C. power at twice the voltage and half the amperage inverts to the other.
                    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 09-19-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Machine to axially spiral wire, twisted pair wire spinner

Spool Spinner Makes Axially Spiraled Wire / Twisted Wire by Ron Bennett — Kickstarter
                      I have begun building my own spool spinner for in-house manufacturing of twisted pair stainless fine enamel coated wire. I've added a description, more photos and videos to the link above. I hope to break this barrier and make twisted pair capability available to hobbyists like myself, also a retired NASA contractor. Thanks, Ron

Comment

Working...
                      X