Alexkor Air Core Coil Radiant Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkyWatcher and All:
    Interesting to see that you are charging batteries with High voltage.
    I have been working with the Exciter circuits for a while now, and would be interested to see if they can further charge another battery, that will allow the two batteries to be swapped around. Similar to what we were doing with the Jtc.
    My Exciter coils (various) may work for what you are trying to do. However, I think that trying to charge normal non-rechargeable batteries is not the best way to go. As they are not made for it, and can leak, and even blow up.
    These higher voltage spikes have very little current to them, normally, and is the reason why the batteries that are being charged don't get hot. I have found that these batteries will not charge to the same degree, as they have voltage, but little current levels. Possibly conditioning them as you mention, can improve their performance.
    Last edited by Nick_Z; 04-23-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Hi nick, thanks for the reply.
      I would say based so far on my recent tests and past tests of radiantly charging primary cells, in this case alkaline AA's, that plenty of current is there for the given cell type, though the capacity seems to be cut in half.
      Though that is what my testing is for, to see if the capacity will get better or worse after multiple radiant recharge cycles.
      I was pulling an average 250 milliamps or .5 watts from the 2 AA's in series, which is not terrible and is still of use for many devices.
      I have never had a non-rechargeable cell leak or burst while charging radiantly, it seems though that as jdove mentioned, that aluminum casings may cause them to leak, as that happened to me for some reason as well in an aluminum casing led flashlight and it could be that the radiant charge i was giving the cells at the time, contained to much hot current, which could have caused the leakage pressure.
      I for some reason, have a feeling that experimenting with these alkaline cells, may yield further insight into radiant charging.
      peace love light
      tyson
      edit: here is a website link, showing tests with the rayovac AA alkalines im testing.
      Prism Glow - Rayovac AA Batteries Energy Test
      Last edited by SkyWatcher; 08-24-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

battery or the circuit?

ok. but i still have questions: you mean to use the circuit to power an air conditioner OR to use the circuit to charge batteries and then use the batteries to power an air conditioner. which one are you to be meant?

Also, you use the circuit to charge AA alkaline batteries, can AA alkaline batteries replace sealed lead-acid batteries to power a load like anair conditioner or not?

Comment

SW:
          After years of charging all kinds of AA batteries of different types, I find that All non-rechargeables can be made to leak by simply charging them in a normal way using regular conventional AA chargers. They are made that way on purpose, so that they can't be safely charged. However, charging a D size "heavy duty" type battery (without overcharging them), or by using pulses, can still provide quite a bit of useable power, before having to throw them in the trash. D size cells have 10.000 mA, and so even if only half of that amount comes back with a regular charger, a solar charge, or pulse charge, that is still a lot of useable power, at least for a few charging cycles. 4 D size batteries contain 40.000 mA. and take the same effort charge as 4 AAs. But, for testing purposes, the smaller batteries can be used.
          Wireless phone batteries (3.6v) work great, and won't leak, explode, or cause any problems. Lead acid batteries also work fine, but are delicate to constant charging and discharge cycles.
          I have not tried to charge batteries of any kind with the Exciter set up, so I'll give that a try, just to see what happens. I do think that there is more than meets the eye, when using radiant pulses.
          Good luck with your tests, and please keep us informed.

Comment

Hi nickz, thanks for the reply, good information and yes I agree about the regular charging aspect of these cells and that they are built that way to make people go out and buy more, quicker.
            This alexkor setup is not exactly an exciter, though similar I imagine.
            Though the frequency of pulses must be over, at the very least 200khz and very short pulse width, though I have no scope to confirm that.
            The frequency helps i am sure, though i feel it is the very short pulse width due to this high frequency, that is really doing the trick with these cells.
            I am making another (3rd) recharge cycle with these 2 AA alkalines.
            The thing is, a guess for now, that if this circuit causes no heat in the cell when charging, then I theorize that the cells will last many more charge cycles than most have seen with these type cells.
            Hi holtage, yes to all questions.
            peace love light
            tyson

Comment

Radiant Energy Battery Charger / Aa Cells

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
              Hi folks, Hi jdove, thanks for the reply.
              Ok, that is good to know, i will make more recharge tests and see what happens with these alkalines, for better or worse.
              Hi ewizard, yes, that is what i meant, then again, this circuit still could work and charge batteries and power an A.C. unit, it would just take awhile and probably not be very practical unless scaled up in power.
              Then again, maybe some other form of more efficient air conditioning might be used, like evaporative cooling, where only a blower fan is needed.
              I have a thought to build a larger one of these single layer bifilar air core coils, like the size of some of the large slayer towers, bifilar of course.
              Though the frequency will probably lower a bit, would be interesting to see the effects of such a large tower coil.
              peace love light
              tyson
              Hi SKY WATCHER

If you want to maintain frequency to your charge battery with a larger coil design you could make a pwm discharge control circuit like i use on my device, that way the coil can still resonate at its operating frequency and your can tune to the frequency that the battery needs for best charge cycle.
              It' s just a thought ; see how quick it gets complex. Anyway please keep me posted with your progress, oh buy the way i got 12 vdc worth of AA recharged today it took 17 hrs but they are at above full charge ; the low end is 1.58 vdc to the high end of 1.73 vdc; all have full power after overnite rest on the voltage check , i use them in standard flashlight bulbs and they are very bright .
              Frequency is the key to the recharge with this type of energy.

cheers

JEFF

Comment

Hi jdove, thanks for sharing.
                That sounds like an idea, a good possibility to control frequency.
                Is your 12 volt AA pack, rechargeable kind or primary non-rechargeables.
                Also, I'm curious as to what kind of mah or capacity(duration) you get from those, I have been discharging to .9 volts per cell for my capacity tests and i get so far, just under 50% capacity, thanks.
                peace love light
                tyson

Comment

Hi folks, just finished the 4th charge and discharge cycle, with the 2 AA alkalines in series, using the same 10 ohm resistor load.
                  The capacity is increasing and the average voltage is higher than last cycle.
                  These tests would probably have been better, if i had brand new alkalines, still good for results though.
                  This seems encouraging so far to me, what you folks think.
                  I will continue to make charge cycles until i see the results either plateauing or declining, hopefully they keep going up in capacity.
                  peace love light
                  tyson

Comment

SW:
                    We know from previous tests that regular AA batteries will lose their ability to take a charge with further charging cycles, so why not use a couple of new rechargeable batteries to avoid that problem. They do not cost very much, and will give you more accurate results.
                    The small 4v, 0.5ah lead acid batteries would be ideal, again they are not expensive to buy. I use 4 of them in parallel with the solar cells from outdoor lights, that we had looked into previously. I used them on my Exciter to make it into a solar Exciter circuit. But, I have been disappointed with the solar cell charging output from these outdoor lights, though.
                    You may also want to try the regular heavy duty primary batteries (D cells), as they are not based on an alkaline source but on carbon instead. Carbon can be used and charged over and over again, although it will also contaminate in time from the internal hydrogen gas production.
                    The small lead acid batteries would probably be the best way to go on these HV charging tests.

Comment

Thing is, I am briefly taking a side road with testing these primary alkaline cells.
                      I have been recharging lead acid and nimh as well, though I am waiting to see how many charges I can get out of these alkalines and how the capacity either improves or not.
                      peace love light
                      tyson

Comment

Hi folks, I was reading another website on alkalines and I did not realize, that the typical fully charged resting voltage of an alkaline cell is around 1.65-1.7 volts.
                        I will now be charging to a higher voltage based on this information, I was charging to 1.8 volts, now it will be to 1.9volts, to see how the capacity improves.
                        I should also mention, that the latest charge test finished and the cells reached the 1.8 volt per cell under charge load much quicker than before, though I am going to put them on charge again and bring them up higher.
                        Certainly, encouraging results in my view.
                        peace love light
                        tyson

Comment

Please explain the working principle of Alexkor circuit

Hi, Skywatcher!

Are the four 12 volt 12 ampere hour SLA(sealed lead-acid) batteries charge the 12 volt 8 ampere hour SLA(sealed lead-acid) battery?

OR

Is the 12 volt 8 ampere hour SLA(sealed lead-acid) battery charge the four 12 volt 12 ampere hour SLA(sealed lead-acid) batteries?

If the four 12 volt 12 ampere hour batteries are being charged, where did the energy of the 12 volt 8 ampere hour battery come from? From the radiant air core or the charge plug specifically made to charge the 12 volt 8 ampere hour battery? And Vice versa.

Comment

Tyson:
                            Yesterday I put a dead AA alkaline battery to charge from my Exciter circuit to see what it would do. The dead alkaline was first placed to run on a Jtc to the point of showing hardly no light output on the led. The first time I only charged the regular AA for a hour, or so, from the HV secondary on the Exciter circuit. And afterwards discharged it on my Jtc until is was dim, but not dead. That took about two hours time, from a one hour charge.
                            The second charge was about two hours charging, and the AA was charged and was providing very good light output from the Jtc. which lasted about 3 hours time.
                            The output from the Exciter is only showing 4.5 volts, same as its input source (cell phone charger), yet plasma is present on the secondary output wire end, and it is giving the RF burns also. So, the volt/amp meter is not telling all, however what I'm concerned about it that the circuit may only be charging the same or similar to a normal AA charger. No better, and no worse. Probably more test are in order.
                            Nick

Comment

My past tests with charging alkalines or carbon primary cells with a standard charger or one similar, always resulted in some heat in the cell and a fairly quick loss of capacity after only a few charge cycles.
                              However, this air core coil radiant setup, is now on its 6th charge-discharge cycle, showing improvements in average voltage and capacity, though as said, the capacity is lower than a fresh store bought cell, for now.
                              I am going to continue these charge cycle tests on these 2 AA alkaline cells until I'm silver haired if need be, so we will all then know how reliably we can reuse these alkaline cells, maybe carbon cells will be my next tests.
                              peace love light
                              tyson

edit: just finished 6th charge cycle and it seems one of the AA cells has started to falter, whereas the other one has not, it is possible i over charged them, maybe 1.8 volts under charge should be the limit. I will start charge cycling a different set of identical AA alkalines and charge to only 1.8 volts and see if either of the cells start to lose capacity.
                              Last edited by SkyWatcher; 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

New alkaline AA batteries are about 1.6v and 1500mA. The rechargeable AAs (cheaper ones) are only 1.2v and 600 mA, so there is a bit of difference there.
                                But, the charging voltage and current also makes a difference in how long they'll run after a charge. Using the 2000 to 2700 mA AA rechargeables would of course be best. But, for these test on charging with HV, any will work. You may find that charging regular AA batteries to full capacity will make them leak, in time. So what, just throw them away and use another, they work fine for several cycles. Even if they leak a bit, they can just be washed out, and still get some more use out of them.
                                I'm still curious to see how they'll handle the HV though. I'll charge the alkaline all night and see what happens. It has some goodies in it, like Mercury and cadmium. Nice! I hope it can take it...
                                I really can't tell if I'm charging it with the 4.5v, that the meter is reading, or with the higher voltage, low current the Exciter actually puts out. In any case it does seam to work good after the charge, and does not get hot, so far.
                                Last edited by Nick_Z; 08-28-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X