Alexkor Air Core Coil Radiant Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi xee2, thanks for the reply.
    I was charging 2 AA's in series, though i wanted to speed up the charging a bit, so only charging one at a time for now.
    The non-rechargeables seem to like only a few volts over the voltage to be charged, as any higher and the voltage shoots up too quickly on the charge batteries, I'm guessing because of the impedance of the cell, though still making tests to fully determine things like this.
    Don't have a scope.
    This is a joule thief, with the capacitor across base, to get it to oscillate with such a low inductance air coil.
    Though maybe their is a difference between the radiant pulses of air coil, compared to using a core, though certainly the much higher frequency of this one layer air coil is different than most joule thiefs charging effects.
    All the cells and batteries stay cold.
    peace love light
    tyson

Comment

2 AA alkaline battery/cell

hi, skywatcher. The alexkor circuit do not mention about AA alkaline cells. So why you use the 2 AA alkaline batteries? What are they used for? The alexkor does not require alkaline batteries to function. Please explain.

Comment

Hi holtage, thanks for the reply.
        I read about it somewhere, though many people including myself, have charged alkalines, etc. with joule thief circuits successfully in the past.
        Only thing new to me, is using an air core coil joule thief like this one to do it and it seems the non-rechargeable alkalines really take this air coil charge well, maybe because the high frequency and/or short pulse width on time.
        I am charging each AA alkaline to 1.8 volts, then when disconnected, it settles down to around between 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
        I will be making many charge/discharge cycles with these 2 AA alkalines, to see how reliable this charging circuit is for them.
        As this would be very valuable, considering the cost of nimh rechargeable cells, compared to alkalines, etc.
        peace love light
        tyson
        edit: here is an example thread from awhile ago.
        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...f-charger.html

Comment

I've got an alkaline battery charger and in the past they were making 'rechargeable' alkalines with a special charger. However as some people figured out they made it in a way that normal alkalines wouldn't quite fit in that charger without modification. But with a little mod you could recharge regular alkalines so you didn't have to buy their more expensive 'rechargeable' alkalines which I suspect were just regular ones relabeled and made with a larger positive cap so they would fit in the charger. Someone figured all that out and came out with a universal alkaline charger that was sold through Sharper Image. It worked fine. But alkalines only were good for recharging if they weren't used in heavy amp draw devices and if they weren't run down too low. Even then they seemed to be good for not much more than about 10 recharge cycles. So yes you can to some extent recharge alkalines. Maybe if this is radiant it will work even better.
          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Hi ewizard, thanks for the reply.
            Yes, my tests in the past showed similar things, like not having many recharge cycles, though I am testing this radiant circuit to see if it changes anything, you never know.
            Either way, if this may squeeze out a few extra decent recharge cycles, it has great value in my view.
            peace love light
            tyson

Comment

Alexkor circuit

Hi, skywatcher! Can Alexkor circuit power an air conditioner?

Comment

Hi holtage, thanks for reply.
                I don't even have an air conditioner here in illinois, unless one considers a fan air conditioning, so it is definitely not a basic need, more of a luxury.
                Though, I am sure anything scaled up enough, could power anything.
                Though, if you mean, can this charge batteries, to then power an air conditioner, I don't see why not, use your imagination.
                I am still on the second charge cycle testing these alkalines.
                Are you testing a circuit like this or anything similar.
                peace love light
                tyson

Comment

Hi folks, I finished a 3rd recharge cycle of the alkalines and I used a 10 ohm resistor load to discharge the 2 AA's in series.
                  The resistor load ran for 4 hours at an average of .5 watts.
                  So around 2 watt/hours.
                  Each of these AA alkalines are typically rated for around 2000mah or 2.4watt/hours.
                  While this is useful to power loads for shorter duration, I cannot say without more recharge cycles, how long that capacity would last.
                  So I will continue with using SLA's and nimh, etc. for charging tests.
                  peace love light
                  tyson

Comment

Air Core Radiant Charger

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                    Hi folks, I finished a 3rd recharge cycle of the alkalines and I used a 10 ohm resistor load to discharge the 2 AA's in series.
                    The resistor load ran for 4 hours at an average of .5 watts.
                    So around 2 watt/hours.
                    Each of these AA alkalines are typically rated for around 2000mah or 2.4watt/hours.
                    While this is useful to power loads for shorter duration, I cannot say without more recharge cycles, how long that capacity would last.
                    So I will continue with using SLA's and nimh, etc. for charging tests.
                    peace love light
                    tyson
                    Hi SKYWATCHER i have designed and built my own radiant chargers in the last couple of years so have some insite to your work on AA battery recharging. They prefer high freq as you have found out ,i to have had them leak but only inside of alum case flashlight i have powered with them , plastic dosen't have that problem .What is the cause? I don't know, just thought i would mention it to see if you saw the same thing. My design uses 24vdc @0.138 A to charge 12 vdc worth of AA cells at once that"s 3.31 watts more or less takes about 16 hrs to complete the charge and they are brighter than new ones , but it takes several recharge cycles to condition them . I don't buy batts anymore just take all of the discarded ones for other people and recharge them , have some that are more than two years old and are fine and still working good. You can also recharge lithium ions , they seem to like the radiant energy , non of my batts every get even warm . My design uses a rodin coil 8 inches in dia and 50 turns
                    i' ll include a link to my image shack site you can review the photos and schematic if you like . Let me know your progress i am interested in radiant energy chargers as they are very much like tesla coils .

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR WORK

CHEEERS

JEFF

ImageShack® - dovej's Profile Page
                    Last edited by j dove; 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Hi jdove, thanks for the nice reply and good information and pics.
                      Yes, I can affirm, when the primary non-rechargeable alkaline C size cells leaked in the past, they were used in an aluminum casing flashlight.
                      Hmm, so your saying these may need more recharge cycles for conditioning purposes, I will make more recharge cycles then, since they do seem to be attaining a higher and higher standing voltage with each cycle.
                      I also notice, that if I give the AA cells a rest while charging, then continue later, they seem to like that also.
                      It seems the alkalines don't like to be pushed, they need to be charged gently and slowly in their own time.
                      What kind of watt/hour durations have you seen from your alkaline tests compared to the original specifications, thanks again.
                      Thanks for the interest.
                      peace love light
                      tyson

Comment

I don't see why not

Hi, skywatcher! You said "Though, if you mean, can this charge batteries, to then power an air conditioner, I don't see why not, use your imagination."

But my english is not very good, what does the phrase"I don't see why not" mean? I can't get what you say. Please use simpler english to said the meaning of "I don't see why not".

Comment

Hi holtage,to answer your question.
                          I am stating my opinion, that this radiant charger could charge batteries and then power an air conditioner.
                          What do you intend to do with this circuit.
                          Charge batteries or power a device like an air conditioner, directly?
                          Myself, I am just charging batteries at the moment, to see how these air core coils perform.
                          I hope that english is simple enough, as i do not know how to make it more simple.
                          peace love light
                          tyson

Comment

radiant energy charger

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                            Hi jdove, thanks for the nice reply and good information and pics.
                            Yes, I can affirm, when the primary non-rechargeable alkaline C size cells leaked in the past, they were used in an aluminum casing flashlight.
                            Hmm, so your saying these may need more recharge cycles for conditioning purposes, I will make more recharge cycles then, since they do seem to be attaining a higher and higher standing voltage with each cycle.
                            I also notice, that if I give the AA cells a rest while charging, then continue later, they seem to like that also.
                            It seems the alkalines don't like to be pushed, they need to be charged gently and slowly in their own time.
                            What kind of watt/hour durations have you seen from your alkaline tests compared to the original specifications, thanks again.
                            Thanks for the interest.
                            peace love light
                            tyson
                            Hi skywatcher

I haven't really done any watt hr durations tests just notice that they seem to last longer and obtain a higher charge each time i recharge them. I got into the battery recharger work as an of shoot of my ed leedsklin experiments because a very small pmh unit i built shocked my quiet a bit and i thought that energy must be of some use , but i came to understand that it really is the same thing as a tesla coil is doing . So now my tesla designs are really only an amped up version of the battery charger devices, i am working on a reverse version of the tesla coil battery charger device hope to finish it soon but each device gets more complex and in depth in design. The device i gave u pics of took me two months to build , this new one is at seven and counting. Well sorry to ramble on , nice to talk to you .

cheers

jeff

Comment

Originally posted by holtage View Post
                              Hi, skywatcher! You said "Though, if you mean, can this charge batteries, to then power an air conditioner, I don't see why not, use your imagination."

But my english is not very good, what does the phrase"I don't see why not" mean? I can't get what you say. Please use simpler english to said the meaning of "I don't see why not".
                              I'll just add a bit to possibly clarify things. This is just my opinion and Skywatcher has more experience with this but I think he is saying that it is possible to power an air conditioner BUT since air conditioners use a LOT of power it would likely take a lot of scaling up (meaning probably a lot higher expense to build) to get enough power to run an air conditioner. That again is just my guess. So what I'm saying is I don't think you can expect to run a big air conditioner using the same components shown here. It would take a lot more or higher power components and bigger coils probably to put out that much power. If I'm wrong I'm sure Skywatcher will let you know.
                              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Hi folks, Hi jdove, thanks for the reply.
                                Ok, that is good to know, i will make more recharge tests and see what happens with these alkalines, for better or worse.
                                Hi ewizard, yes, that is what i meant, then again, this circuit still could work and charge batteries and power an A.C. unit, it would just take awhile and probably not be very practical unless scaled up in power.
                                Then again, maybe some other form of more efficient air conditioning might be used, like evaporative cooling, where only a blower fan is needed.
                                I have a thought to build a larger one of these single layer bifilar air core coils, like the size of some of the large slayer towers, bifilar of course.
                                Though the frequency will probably lower a bit, would be interesting to see the effects of such a large tower coil.
                                peace love light
                                tyson

Comment

Working...
                                X