Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open discussion for projects on this forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meters

Hi kcarring,

Yes I agree with you about the meters. Like most everything else in electronics and many other fields understanding the limitations of your equipment goes a long way towards helping you understand your results. I am old enough to remember when digital meters came out. Of course they were an immediate hit with troubleshooters because now we could get much more accurate measurements. Or at least we thought we could. A lot of us soon discovered that they were great for stable conditions but not helpful at all for changing conditions. They were pretty useless for tuning amplifiers or RF circuits because they didn't react fast enough and it was hard to tell if the numbers were going up or down without a lot of concentration.

As you have said they also have a problem with non-standard wave-shapes. I have found the best meters for the kind of experimenting most of us are doing is the plain old simple panel analogue meter. No electronics, just a meter calibrated to measure the voltage or current we are interested in. They are easy to use when trying to follow a changing signal and they seem to do a better job of averaging out the pulses and odd shaped waveforms of some of the circuits we deal with.

I have several of both kinds of meters and use both of them a lot. The digital meters are really good for measuring small voltages like the bias on the base of a transistor and watching the small changes in a battery as it is slowly going down or up. They each have their place and we just have to learn to use them properly.

Thanks for your input,
    Carroll
    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Special motors

Hi Ufo,

Your info about these special motors is very interesting. Do you happen to have any references or patent numbers so I could look some of them up? I am always trying to learn something new.

But let me tell you something else...and believe me, I understand and respect your background in Motors and Electrodynamics ...but there are specific Servo Motors...in just One Unit, One Assembly...that could rotate in many different Degrees Of Freedom Angles...there are several patents in USPTO Washington DC related to that kind of Motors, I have conducted many deep searches in that area...they have very clever sliding mechanisms...that moves through specific Spheres Shape Spatial Frames, with channels and guides...just like a Round Rail Road track...they could deviate paths...and surround a whole spherical area of operation...They're mostly used in Aerospace applications, and repair equipment for Satellites etc...while others never made it to the production lines...

Kind Regards

Ufopolitics

Thanks for sharing this info.
      Carroll
      Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Scope shot

Hi Farmhand,

That is an interesting scope shot. I have thought about doing that a few times but never got around to it. It looks like you are picking up all kinds of signals as well as some noise. Is it fairly quiet there this time of year as far electrical storms go? I would have expected to see more noise than signals on an untuned length of wire. However your scope shot looks more like radio signals and less like noise. The ground wires between the hot wires may be raising the capacitance of the fence by a small amount. I wouldn't think they are close enough to make a lot of difference. On the shot you posted it looks like you have one dominant signal at 160 Hz. Is that one always there or does it come and go like the other ones? Do you have any idea where it is coming from?

Later,
        Carroll

Comment

Patent picture not from patent.

Hi Carroll and all, Recently there was a disagreement, the section of the patent
          drawing shown in this post.http://www.energeticforum.com/202137-post364.html
          is from patent 390 721 but the claims he quotes in this post
          http://www.energeticforum.com/202193-post396.html
          and relates to his devices are from patent 390 414 which of course doesn't contain the drawing he posted.

309721 patent
          Patent US390721 - BEST AVAILABLE COP - Google Patents

390414 patent
          Patent US390414 - BEST AVAILABLE COP - Google Patents

This is misleading, the drawing from the first post is from a different patent to
          the claims he quotes. I didn't pick up on it at first, but he did not mention it, I
          linked the 390 721 patent which the drawing he posted was from. At the point
          he replied I couldn't be bothered to argue because I could sense he was
          getting upset.

My point still remains the drawing he posted is not in the patent he used to
          justify his claim of his being like the drawing, that drawing is from the
          alternating current generator patent

A tad misleading.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Farmhand,

I have gotten so tired of all the silly talk about witches and assymetrical this and that I have just about quit looking at that thread. So far I have not seen any evidence of proof to back up the claims. I asked for some references to these motors that somehow have more than one axis and as expected no references have been given. There are a lot of claims with nothing to back them up. I would really like to be wrong and see a motor that does what he is claiming but I don't think it is going to be from him.

Later,
            Carroll

Comment

Don't think so

Hi Stealth,

Thanks for the link. That is an interesting motor but I don't think that is what Ufo was talking about. This motor has two rotors but they are both turning about the same axis. If I understood right what Ufo was describing had some way for the motor to move in all 3 dimensions. Or in other words in had 3 axises of movement. I still can't visualize that in my mind unless it is something like the gimbal mounting for a gyroscope.

Originally posted by Stealth
              Thanks for your help,
              Carroll

Comment

Spherical Motor...

United States Patent: 4739241

Abstract

A spherical motor particularly adapted for robotic control. The motor comprises a stator housing defining a semispherical socket having an opening of generally polar cap form with a spherical rotor rotatably received in the socket for rotation therein about three axes intersecting at the center of the rotor with one of the axes projecting through the opening and the other two axes being orthogonal thereto. A motion transmitter is carried by the rotor and aligned generally along one axis to project through the opening, and windings are carried by the stator housing in encompassing and in opposed relation to the rotor for rotating the rotor about the axis. A polyphase control selectively controls relative phase and energization of the windings to rotate the spherical rotor a substantially unlimited amount about one axis and in limited amounts about the other axes so as to maintain the motion transmitting member within the confines of the opening.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Citfta

Ufopolitics
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM.
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Motor Structure Including Spherical Windings

United States Patent: 3178600

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Dear Citfta

Ufopolitics
                  Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM.
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Quite unique motors

Hi Ufo,

Those are some pretty unique motors. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
                    Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                      Hi Ufo,

Those are some pretty unique motors. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
                      Carroll
                      ...Just like Mines...Dear ...?

All My Pleasure Carroll

Ufopolitics
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-31-2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

@ Ufo

Hello,
                        I've been following your work quite closely,I think I see what your doing.
                        I'm not sure how this resembles your work though
                        I do have a question about spherical rotors though. In fig #3 in post #53, the picture shows sections of the sphere, Q: If there were 4 sections , 2 north ,2 south, the magnetic field strenght would be more concentrated at the axis or poles???
                        I built a sphere magnet rotor about 2 years ago ,but could never get anything out of the coils I wound, I was winding from top axis to bottom axis,way tooo much resistance..
                        Do you feel that using steel in the build is bad?
                        I think it is, because any time I held coils in my hand, some with steel some not ,the steel always created a drag=less work.
                        No??
                        shylo

Comment

Hello Dear Shylo

Originally posted by shylo View Post
                          Hello,
                          I've been following your work quite closely,I think I see what your doing.
                          I'm not sure how this resembles your work though
                          I do have a question about spherical rotors though. In fig #3 in post #53, the picture shows sections of the sphere, Q: If there were 4 sections , 2 north ,2 south, the magnetic field strenght would be more concentrated at the axis or poles???
                          I built a sphere magnet rotor about 2 years ago ,but could never get anything out of the coils I wound, I was winding from top axis to bottom axis,way tooo much resistance..
                          Do you feel that using steel in the build is bad?
                          I think it is, because any time I held coils in my hand, some with steel some not ,the steel always created a drag=less work.
                          No??
                          shylo
                          Hello Shylo,

Oh that is great Shylo!
                          Now, this does not reflects my work at other thread Dear, I was trying to show Citfta that there are Motors out there, that do certain operations not necessarily related to just one Axis...but in the three known so far.

This came up from an above post,where my Statement was cited here by Citfta...and it was related to Quaternion Motors in my other Asymmetrical Machines Thread...

I have developed Servo Motors for Robotics app's...and I also mentioned that in that statement...

Now related to your question(s)...

The way you lay the Magnetic Field Pattern, according to your coils design...it will lead you to very interesting discoveries...It is not just about two north and two south poles...there is more to just that...

where are they "aiming" towards?(How are their projections set?)
                          what are their angles of intersections?
                          Which one is "the predominating field" in the whole set?

There are so many ways to set just two magnets...between them...and each way will show a different pattern...

Everything relates to just that specific development, my dear friend..."Magnetic Patterns"...They are above anything else as we all know now...just because everything we observe...depends upon them, as they come from them.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

The magnetic field is of equal strenght around the whole sphere. The poles are evenly spaced, and you end up with 8 poles(thats with 4 magnets)
                            The problem is, at the poles the field closes in on itself.
                            shylo

Comment

A thread like this is like a safe haven in the wild-west forum outside of here. For that reason it is a good thing.

Yet I think we all joined this forum for the same reason: we want free and clean energy.
                              With that in mind we should allow others to boldly go where we would never go. No matter how ridiculous we think it is. No one of us knows all the laws of nature.

The problem that I have with this thread is that it is a mix of everything and there for it reduces the searchability (is that a good word?).
                              Suppose I would like to know about receiving energy from EM radiation. It would be great to be able to see in one thread who has tried which methods and with what results.
                              Or telluric currents, or longitudinal electricity, cosmic radiation, Schumann frequencies etc.
                              Or you would like to see your idea verified by others, or you need help on your project.
                              For those things it is great to have a forum like this, but if everything of value ends up in one thread there is no more overview. And that greatly reduces the value of this forum.

Isn't there a better solution than to start this thread?

Ernst.

Comment

Use the search function

Hi Ernst,

Thanks for your comments. There are several threads on this forum for almost every subject you named plus many many more. For specific threads about those subjects you need to use the search function. Or if you can't find a thread about the subject you are interested in you can always start a thread for it. However some of those threads have made it very clear they do NOT want the thread cluttered up with discussions about whether the subject of the thread is realistic or not. So that is why I started this thread. It is for the technical discussion of any of those projects.

Respectfully,
                                Carroll

Comment

Working...
                                X