• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
    ---S---

--S---

@UFO

It is my understanding that we have agreed on all the critical angles making up the connect/disconnect sequence including the 'final agreement' which was including the brush width in the calculation...the sweep angle...the roll off angle or what ever we want to call it.

We are both at a disadvantage, it seems, by not having the complete motor specs. But in fact the only critical spec missing from this 10 pole arrangement is the brush width which is very important. A 36º comm segment will sweep over an 18º brush from 1º ON to 0º OFF in 53º. A 36º comm segment will sweep over a 36º brush from 1º ON to 0º OFF in 71º.

If the sweep angle is 53º then there is 37º for connect and disconnect. Firing at 27º or 20º leaves a 10º or 17º disconnect.

If the sweep angle is 71º then there is 19º for connect and disconnect. I think we can see there is an issue with this structure.

The position of the brush is unimportant. The size of the brush can be critical.

For your second image, C2 has just disconnected at 21º from the SSB, C1 is therefore 36º + 21º = 57º back from the SSB. The brush appears to be 18º wide. To obtain the connection angle we need to back up the coil by 18º. This places the C1 bisector 36º + 18º + 21º = 75º back from the SSB, 15º forward of the NSB.

The timing margin appears to be 10º assuming a minimum 5º firing angle.

If it transpires that the brush is not 18º but 36º then we lose the margin and find ourselves in a deficit of 3º.

If Sam can confirm the brush width then we will know for certain what is achievable with this motor.

Happy Hunting

mark

Mark,

First time I would say this...but my head right now...is not about starting to respond to your excellent post above in details of angles and such...

But I will tell you this...I know what Sampojo could do it just fine...as I know there is no CAD, no Mathematical Equation, No Angle Calculations...like the REAL AND ACTUAL TESTING with your own model, checking if or not it disconnects at the right momentum.

Kind Regards and hope you understand

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Midaztouch View Post

Raul,

Please tell everyone when and were to find the post when YOU made the three pole first... It looks like another member made the 3pole motor first. Then, as usual, you only made the CAD and put you name all over it.

Midaz

I am still waiting for your "proof" that I did not do the Three Pole Motor first...

What happen?...couldn't find that member who did it?

Did you called him?!...no answer?

Come on!!
      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-13-2015, 10:35 PM.
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        To All other Members attending this Thread,

I have exposed here a serious amount of information over a period of more than Two Years ago. It could be observed in all my main Public Channels.

YouTube Channel

UFOPOLITICS.COM

Graphic Albums

Plus all the text written on this entire Forum, mainly in my main Four Threads here.

It could be understood even by an 'average' mind that all this work has consumed a great deal of time and I have uploaded with completely good will and free access to anyone that would like to review, copy or reproduce without even to login.

It has come the time now that you tell me what we all do...and I consider it is only two ways to go here.

1-Ask the Administrators to close this Thread, and I will delete all related material, and close all related channels above, which would take me minutes to execute. Some of them, for my own development and research, I will just convert them to completely private sites, without access to public viewing or any free discussion.

Then All of You could migrate to this guy's thread and keep working there with him.

or

2-Help me to get rid of this annoying guy by writing to the Administrators of this Forum and requesting to completely Ban him from this entire Forum.

At this point I can not stand this guy anymore, his disgusting attitude towards my work, as his repetitive and harassing actions, trying to set me against everyone here, to diminish all my work, over and over, has gotten to top the glass of my patience.

I am sorry, but time to me is ESSENTIAL, in order to be working in a peaceful environment I do not like to be disturbed, having to enter every time about the same, over and over arguments with this person...I really do not need this, and I am NOT willing to continue with the same BS arguments and reading every morning the same BS from this harassing guy.

If I just get "silence" from all of you, I will interpret this silence as to go for the First (1) Option, then I will proceed to execute.

Many thanks for taking the time to read all this above and help me to reach a final decision, and I am sorry for such sad circumstances.

Respectfully

Ufopolitics
        G'Day UFO
        I for one do not want to see you pull your imformative drawings and explanations from this or any of your sites.
        I for one have found you to be very obliging when different ones have been sincerely replicating your drawings and findings and showing thier results here for all to see.
        I have been very busy as I mentioned some time ago that I had some projects I had started prior to me starting to replicate your findings I am almost finished thes projects.

I would like if Midaz would just stick to his thread and not make his disruptive comments here he has said his ideas are better than yours I also remember that over the time he has poster here he has not been replicating any of your diagrams (with the exception of the Imperial motor ) but has always been interjecting or rather fault finding with your comments and answers
        Midaz has always telling/ asking other members here what they should do with thier projects never even trying to do them himself

I feel that you should just ignore his disparaging remarks do not reply to any of his comments and please continue with your experimenting and showing us your results as you stated in your very first post that you were disclosing your findings here.

I am waiting for the time I can spend to wind all north poles on one of the remaining Imperial motors I have.

Please Midaz do not post here any more of your disruptive comments. You have started your own thread please continue there so as to keep the harmony here

Midaz I really appreciate the quad JS controller that Dana made for you that you never used I eventually use it with my next build and have the software to run it

Every one knows that if you have a fire and you do not want a fire you do not keep adding fuel to it and it will eventually go out
        Kindest regards to all
        kogs

Comment

• Originally posted by Iotayodi View Post
          Your video just lowered your credibility. Your grasp of the English language is atrocious. Spelling is one thing but referring to a winding as if it were the "wind" blowing is mind boggling! As far as I can tell your just here for a pissing contest which lowers your credibility even more. The real test is to put a motor in service for a period of time anyway. There would have to be a significant rise in efficiency to be of any real use on a mass scale.
          The word wind is correctly used here. It has nothing to do with wind blowing in the breeze. Is it correct to use a verb for a noun? That is debatable. Wind pronounced like wine with a d on the end is a verb that is used to wind a clock, wind a cable, wind a coil. While winding a coil is present tense, and wound is past tense. If anyone has a poor grasp of the English language it is you sir.

I never pronounced the word as wind as in win with a d on the end.

I am not here to be in a "pissing contest" as you put it. Only to share my findings as I was asked to.

Cheers

Garry
          Last edited by GChilders; 05-14-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GChilders View Post
            The word wind is correctly used here. It has nothing to do with wind blowing in the breeze. Is it correct to use a verb for a noun? That is debatable. Wind pronounced like wine with a d on the end is a verb that is used to wind a clock, wind a cable, wind a coil. While winding a coil is present tense, and wound is past tense. If anyone has a poor grasp of the English language it is you sir.

I never pronounced the word as wind as in win with a d on the end.

I am not here to be in a "pissing contest" as you put it. Only to share my findings as I was asked to.

Cheers

Garry

Garry,

I don't know why you have assumed that Iotayodi was referring to 'your video'?!

It was kind of confusing that Iotayodi did not address his post-comment, however, it is VERY CLEAR at minute 1:10 on video below...when this guy says "PAIR WENDS AND GROUP WENDS"

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaE1yKZP20Y#t=71[/VIDEO]

And YES, Midaz, Richard or whatever is into a Pissing Off Contest here!

Please, review that video above just at 1:10 and realize who that comment was directed to.

Your Video is PERFECT, no matter what...and actually when Your Video discloses so much Technical Info and so much POSITIVE WILL to reach the TRUTH... I really don't care how bad spoken in any chosen language mistakes are made, that is a big difference from this DELUSIONAL INDIVIDUAL here that not even speaking well his NATIVE LANGUAGE...He insist he is correct.

He is the "kind" that goes around pronouncing AKSING Questions...

Sorry about your confusion here, but again, I bet anything that Iotayodi was referring to Midaz, Richard whatever Video.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• The work must continue

I am still here watching and following all of this. My work has taken me other places for the time being but the asymetrical motors are still my main goal. We have all learned Tesla's work from your interpretations UFO and the work must continue it is too important to quit. As for Midaz, even if he were to stumble on to something great his off putting style makes it impossible for me to pay attention to him. I do hope the best for him but I am not part of his so called "team" that he conveniently tried to high-jack.

Lets keep going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardox View Post
                I am still here watching and following all of this. My work has taken me other places for the time being but the asymetrical motors are still my main goal. We have all learned Tesla's work from your interpretations UFO and the work must continue it is too important to quit. As for Midaz, even if he were to stumble on to something great his off putting style makes it impossible for me to pay attention to him. I do hope the best for him but I am not part of his so called "team" that he conveniently tried to high-jack.

Lets keep going.
                Thank You Zardox,

But hey, I MUST clear all this BS generated by this A HOLE, He has caused me so much trouble up to now...that I have abandoned everything just to finish this FOCKER. (Yes written with "O" just put an "U" on it....)

Yes, I do, I do recognize it is NOT the way to GO...BUT, I am pissed off big time...and am not gonna end till HE IS GONE GOODBYE fropm this ENTIRE FORUM.

It will SERVE as a "History Case". So it will EVER AGAIN REPEATS!

THis is ME. Sorry, it may not be of the "like" of many here...but hey, we are NOT Perfect.

Ufopolitics

Comment

• when a coil winding collects energy, from a magnet, will it hold onto all of that energy for a while, and store it for a second or 2, before waiting for the the brush to come along ?

or does it loose energy rapidly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by grounded View Post
                    when a coil winding collects energy, from a magnet, will it hold onto all of that energy for a while, and store it for a second or 2, before waiting for the the brush to come along ?

or does it loose energy rapidly ?
                    Coils retain/store energy for minimal time, Grounded. That minimal time depends on coil characteristics as Impedance and type of Cores, That is the reason why they need to work together with Capacitors to assist storage capabilities in what is called a "Tank Circuit"...

Besides above fact, you are talking about "Induction" as 'collecting energy' from a magnet, so is understood a required movement (magnet passing by coil or the opposite) must be involved, so this complicates the response, because it is no longer a Static Coil...so, as soon as magnet leaves, or even as it approaches, there is a counter energy generated within coil and core, based on Lenz Law. This minimizes even more the Induction Process as a "Subtract Operation" to the positive energy.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-14-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• You really need desperately to seek for psychiatric help Richard...I believe working with your only motor for too long and for the first time in your life , all this windings and loose wires, commutators, brushes angles...etc,etc has been more than what you could handle...it has caused serious delusional symptoms you are exposing all over this Forum.

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

I am pretty sure there should be some excellent Doctors in Psychiatry in Japan...I am being seriously as a heart attack!

Ask them to run on you an APT "Asymmetric Pathology Testing"

Comment

• Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
                        G'Day UFO
                        I for one do not want to see you pull your imformative drawings and explanations from this or any of your sites.
                        I for one have found you to be very obliging when different ones have been sincerely replicating your drawings and findings and showing thier results here for all to see.
                        I have been very busy as I mentioned some time ago that I had some projects I had started prior to me starting to replicate your findings I am almost finished thes projects.

I would like if Midaz would just stick to his thread and not make his disruptive comments here he has said his ideas are better than yours I also remember that over the time he has poster here he has not been replicating any of your diagrams (with the exception of the Imperial motor ) but has always been interjecting or rather fault finding with your comments and answers
                        Midaz has always telling/ asking other members here what they should do with thier projects never even trying to do them himself

I feel that you should just ignore his disparaging remarks do not reply to any of his comments and please continue with your experimenting and showing us your results as you stated in your very first post that you were disclosing your findings here.

I am waiting for the time I can spend to wind all north poles on one of the remaining Imperial motors I have.

Please Midaz do not post here any more of your disruptive comments. You have started your own thread please continue there so as to keep the harmony here

Midaz I really appreciate the quad JS controller that Dana made for you that you never used I eventually use it with my next build and have the software to run it

Every one knows that if you have a fire and you do not want a fire you do not keep adding fuel to it and it will eventually go out
                        Kindest regards to all
                        kogs

Hello my friend Kogs!!

It is so great to see you around!!

I am glad you are almost finished with other work, which means you will be coming back here steadily very soon!!

And do not worry...I will not pull out anything except Midaztouch aka Richard Bates.

After He is gone with his "wind" blowing up his AS.....YMMETRIC single coils...then everything will return back to normality here.

Then We will build that All North Imperial Pairs to show what it could do!!

Kind and very Warm Regards dear Friend!!

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-14-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
                          ---S---

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          [IMG][/IMG]

THE SIZE OF THE BRUSHES DON'T MEAN SH*T...BRUSHES COULD BE MOVED AROUND AS WELL AS MODIFY THEM AS THE BUILDER PLEASES TO..

--S---

@UFO

It is my understanding that we have agreed on all the critical angles making up the connect/disconnect sequence including the 'final agreement' which was including the brush width in the calculation...the sweep angle...the roll off angle or what ever we want to call it.

We are both at a disadvantage, it seems, by not having the complete motor specs. But in fact the only critical spec missing from this 10 pole arrangement is the brush width which is very important. A 36º comm segment will sweep over an 18º brush from 1º ON to 0º OFF in 53º. A 36º comm segment will sweep over a 36º brush from 1º ON to 0º OFF in 71º.

If the sweep angle is 53º then there is 37º for connect and disconnect. Firing at 27º or 20º leaves a 10º or 17º disconnect.

If the sweep angle is 71º then there is 19º for connect and disconnect. I think we can see there is an issue with this structure.

The position of the brush is unimportant. The size of the brush can be critical.

For your second image, C2 has just disconnected at 21º from the SSB, C1 is therefore 36º + 21º = 57º back from the SSB. The brush appears to be 18º wide. To obtain the connection angle we need to back up the coil by 18º. This places the C1 bisector 36º + 18º + 21º = 75º back from the SSB, 15º forward of the NSB.

The timing margin appears to be 10º assuming a minimum 5º firing angle.

If it transpires that the brush is not 18º but 36º then we lose the margin and find ourselves in a deficit of 3º.

If Sam can confirm the brush width then we will know for certain what is achievable with this motor.

Happy Hunting

mark
                          Mark,

Basically about your statement from above quoted below:

But before, let's start by analyzing Commutator Elements width/angle to Brush width/angle in general terms:

We are adapting Symmetric Motors configurations which utilizes just one brush and one commutator to operate. In Symmetry, there are typically ONLY two ratios established between Commutator number of elements versus rotor number of poles. normally in small motors this ratio is 1:1, meaning if ten poles rotor there are ten comm elements.

In Sampojo ten poles, it is a ten commutator element, and "normally" in the 1:1 ratio, the brush width is the same as each segment. And for example in Imperial this ratio is 2:1, having a 56 comm element versus 28 poles, and each brush size= two comm elements. However, in our Asymm. Imperial We take that comm ratio to 1:1, by bridging every two segments/elements.

Now in this two cases...1:1 or 2:1 We have:

1:1= The circumference of each pole MUST match almost exactly to the circumference of each (one) commutator element/brush.

2:1= Each two(2) comm elements/brush circumference MUST be around the same as one (1) pole circumference size.

Up to here we are fine...This ratios helps you a lot at the time to start laying your CAD Diameters/Construction grid, in order to have a very close to reality model.

If you understand the way Symmetry operates then you should realize why all this measurements should follow such patterns.

BUT, in Asymmetry with two commutators and two brushes every thing changes, because we no longer have a single 2D plane switching to adjust timing, instead we have a "Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) Switch" operating in a three dimensional (3D) plane. Therefore, in our case we must realize this alignment at the two different switching planes taking place.

I have shown previous diagrams when we had some issues with Imperial not performing as expected...take a look below:

[IMG][/IMG]

Above I am showing two possible miss-alignments between both planes, that could be:

1: Commutators not perfectly aligned between them, meaning, the gaps between segments not aligned perfect between upper and lower.

2: Brushes not aligned in a correct vertical fashion.

In both miss-alignments we are reducing the ON Timing depending on the error angle.

The point in this whole deal above...is that the Brush positioning DOES Matter, basically if we are overlooking the 3D Alignment planes.

At the same time, we could also -on purpose- reduce our On Timing, or delay it (post), or advance it (pre)...just by playing with upper-lower brushes positioning.

And, most important to consider here in General (meaning 1:1, 2:1, Symmetrical or Asymmetrical Models) ...is that IF we JUST move brushes, leaving Stators at the same place, of course it does matter!...Just because we are either firing before or after Stators Bisectors, depending where the brushes plane are set related to Stators Bisectors Planes!.

Concluding here...

First:The Size of the Brushes/Comm Elements are defined by the type of Motor We are working on, therefore, it is no big deal figuring this out by just knowing the number of poles at rotor, since it is given by our rotor # of poles structure.

Second: The position of Brushes, related to Stators Bisectors is our only way to adjust timing. It could be the other way around...meaning moving Stators related to brushes...but...who is gonna do that with fixed magnets structure?...or in bigger size motors like Imperial?

Now, Mark, getting back at your statement, brushes positioning not important?...I really can not understand how could you state that...since it is the ONLY means We have to set the timing?

Furthermore by setting differences between upper-lower brushes positioning it could also reflect in our motors performance drastically to the better or to the worst.

So, I recommend before you start adding and subtracting angles from coils bisectors, stator bisectors,brushes ...as commutator elements...to have all this simple facts info above pretty well defined in your mind.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-15-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• About Magnets and Electro-Magnets Fields...

Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
                            I tried it once with one of my first motors to demonstrate electromagnets to my daughter. We were both unimpressed with the sluggish response. The stator of course snaps the needle to attention.

Happy Hunting

mark
                            Mark,

This was your post at the "Hijacked Thread"...and since I consider I am done there and enough...I will respond to your interesting post here.

I don't know if you have ever screened a Magnetic Field Spectrum under New Technology...like the simple and cheap Magnetic Viewing Film.

The point is I have done it...first with magnets...then with electromagnets...and the difference is outrageous!

Never, but I mean never an Electromagnet Field could be compared to the real and complete field projected from even a ceramic magnet.

It is a completely different structure...and of course, electromagnets are much more weaker...but mainly...there is no dielectric plane at all.

That is one main reason why I have wind from small motors to bigger ones with not single coils...but more complex pairs or groups...just like our master Nikola Tesla suggested...

In order to compensate this huge disadvantage from fired coils versus magnets...we must create duplicated fields, interlace them, overlap them as much as we could, generating higher/stronger and more compact fields to be able to 'compete' trying to reach a balance at the time of interacting forces between them (magnets-electromagnets).

Ken Wheeler (TheoriaApophasis) clearly and extensively writes about this big differences and facts on his book and on his Thread. However, I have noticed how that incredible thread has disappeared from here, by been inactive for so long...while other pieces of crap stays in first place...unbelievable!...But I guess it is the way our Consumption Society works...we pay more attention to TV Shows...with gossip, entertainment...etc...overlooking the very valuable material...simple reason why we are where we are at this times...

And...according to the comment from DadHav...of course even with an almost 'unmovable' rotor, because of magnetic drag...you could get it to spin and develop super fast speeds and power, after we energize coils the proper way...but...at what price?

Maybe DadHav could go a bit more in detail about the kind of motor he is talking about...because He works basically with BLDC Types...which have a whole bunch of magnets in a N-S-N-S-N-S config. and of course a lot of drag...however, a pretty clever Three Phase DC Pulse is required to get rotor to spin.

Brushed Motors do not need such ring of magnets...so drag is much less, however, in both cases, the main conclusion prevails as the fact that an Electromagnet Field Spectrum versus a Magnet Field is in a huge disadvantage...and have absolutely nothing to do with the type of motor...or the fact it can spin powerful despite of a big magnetic drag...consider first the price we pay to get it running that way.

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

Never, but I mean never an Electromagnet Field could be compared to the real and complete field projected from even a ceramic magnet.

It is a completely different structure...and of course, electromagnets are much more weaker...
                              The ceramic magnets will have flux density up to about 0.4 Tesla. Neodymiun-Iron-Boron magnets up to about 1.4 Tesla. An electromagnet can easily saturate a sheet steel core to over 1.8 Tesla without excessive excitation. The electromagnets in an MRI device run 1.5 to 3 Tesla and can go up to 8T. Other laboratory equipment using electromagnets can develop fields up to 20 or 30 Tesla. Electromagnets are, or can be, much stronger than permanent magnets. The permanent magnet is magnetized using an electromagnet and can be demagnetized with an electromagnet.

bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                                The ceramic magnets will have flux density up to about 0.4 Tesla. Neodymiun-Iron-Boron magnets up to about 1.4 Tesla. An electromagnet can easily saturate a sheet steel core to over 1.8 Tesla without excessive excitation. The electromagnets in an MRI device run 1.5 to 3 Tesla and can go up to 8T. Other laboratory equipment using electromagnets can develop fields up to 20 or 30 Tesla. Electromagnets are, or can be, much stronger than permanent magnets. The permanent magnet is magnetized using an electromagnet and can be demagnetized with an electromagnet.

bi

Bistander,

I know all you have written above. I know you could make an electromagnet the size of a Mansion as well.

I know electromagnets are used to "stamp" the magnetic field within the ceramic mass.

I was referring at the limited space within a motor armature-structure or within a Stator Housing that we all have in order to wind-build a coil and therefore...vualá...we made the "Electromagnet".

¿Comprende?

I would have explained in more detail what I meant, plus other issues...but it is not worth it to do so.

Ufopolitics
                                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-15-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X