X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
    This is the timing for the rewind when I have the new wire -

[IMG][/IMG]

I will also try it retarded by one segment which puts it a cats whisker below the magnet bisector.

happy hunting

mark
    Hey Mark

That's not going to work. The motor will be fighting it's self.

From your image, the "Timing" on P1 is the Dark Blue upper left coil. It has to be energized after it passes the magnet bi-sector to keep steady rotation

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 11-19-2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midaztouch View Post
      That's not going to work. The motor will be fighting it's self.

From your image, the "Timing" on P1 is the Dark Blue upper left coil. It has to be energized after it passes the magnet bi-sector to keep steady rotation
      Hi Midaz

I realise the timing advised for 'pairs' differs from 'lapped groups' but...

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      ...and start playing with the alignment towards more repulse, here on diagram is set at Neutral Fire, right between both stator poles bottom gap....and your needle to adjust timing here is based on the common slot at Pairs Center, where P# are written.
      happy hunting

mark

Comment

• Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
        Hi Midaz

I realise the timing advised for 'pairs' differs from 'lapped groups' but...

happy hunting

mark
        Hi Mark

Wether it's 1 coil, 2 coils(pairs) and 3 or more coils(groups) the "timing" will ALWAYS be set from the first coil bi-sector in the direction of rotation.
        It's that simple.

Keep it Clean and Green
        Midaz
        Last edited by Midaztouch; 11-19-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Just an idea....

Hello all,

I built a 16 pole motor back in the day, it had an output that was interesting in the sense that it could set things into oscillation....So since then Ive been investigating resonance and the type of energy that is associated with magnetic fields that dont cancel themselves out...The breaking of symmetry is the key to unlocking this energy. These motors have it, and so does a vortex coil...

This is a bit off topic but I thought it would be interesting to give you guys this idea of matching a frequency with a physical structure....This goes back to some of teslas older patents where he used a motor and a tesla style coil to transmit energy into the surrounding medium....What I have also noticed is that when standing waves are allowed to manifest....they impress their energy on the environment around them....

All these motors seem to have a resonant frequency too. Every time the next brush hits the generator output there is a ringing. In this ringing is the resonant frequency of the motor.

So heres a recent video I made applying tesla's magnifier theory to a vortex coil in oscillation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nad...GIELnsPi1OTOog

So now imagine the generator output of the motors connected to a coil that was 1/4 the wavelength of the resonant frequency of the motor...

The neat thing is when a frequency gets a physical structure to resonate with, its oscillations are impressed on the surrounding medium...Thus putting energy into the sea of electrons all around us. This also, could, maybe..create more energy available by the use of receiving coils. The energy from the oscillation is freed into the environment.

Could these motors also be used as frequency generators of low impedance?
          Can they be used as a driver for tesla coils?

I think they might be able to. And when the generator output is stored rather than lost, could the motor run a lot better?

From my experiments, it very well could.

Applying this concept could magnify the output of these motors....Which could be rectified and fed back into the power supply or stored somewhere else...The point is the magnifying part...

warrensk

Comment

Ufo

I'm bored! I want to build something but I only motor I have is the huge Imperial. Copper wire and test equipment are super expensive & special order in Japan!

The used stuff is just a few dollars less but very outdated and witten in all Japanese. Japan is run by giant tech companies and Universities.

Don't worry, I will reread you answer several more times
            Hello Midaz, things will change.
            Count me in on joining your Imperial Motor Build (hoping for all NORTHS)

Will products from next door China be any cheaper for you?

Here are some pictures of my kit.

I just recently completed Part 1 of my Goldmine Motor

(The damaged rotor while in shipping was later replaced)

Warmest regards

lightworker

Comment

• mechanical replica of assymetric principle

Hi UFO and friends,

everything here is way over my head but I still enjoy your builds and discussions.
              Today an artical about a vortex permanent magnet motor of zerofossilefuel cam to my attention which seemed to be a mechanical replication of the assymetric motor design.
              I just wanted to ask if this correct and maybe it helps with the understanding and leads to new ideas.

Vortex Field Permanent Magnet Motor

All the best,

Prato

Comment

John,

You've had a lot to say in the past but now you don't have anything to say. Come on, stop that nonsense. This is all about learning and sharing.

I asked you a question on a wind that I don't have any experience with. I want to know what you think. Also, you have your own ideas. I'm interested in them. Be cool

Keep it Clean and Green
                Midaz
                Hello Richie. Being quiet seems to be more trendy than ever here these days. After reading a few of your posts I prepared a very long answer but then figured it was just a long summary of everything I said here from the start. I'm not going to renew everyone's irritations with me. I'm not here to barge in on UFO's ideas and impose my own either. I noticed you said the 2/5 wind was the last thing to try. Have you admitted you believe the 5 pole motor does not exhibit any signs of being a better motor than the OEM? Sorry but I don't share anyone else's enthusiasm for the situation as it looks today. I'm still here waiting for proof of concept for what was presented and claimed by UFO. I have not been able to provide any positive tests myself. So yes I'm keeping quiet until I think it's time to speak.
                John

Comment

• Originally posted by Midaztouch
                  I can't say yet. All options have not been explored.

Hi John

UFO a introduced everyone to a renewed design from Tesla. He went through the bulk of the open sourced project. Open sourced means everyone can share ideas. All I've heard was, " I have my own ideas about brushless" and then... no information shared! Actions speak louder than words. And pointing fingers is not going to get the job done.

UFO is busy with another New Idea/something new to the plate. This thread is open for different approaches. If you have something, Im here to learn. This is very interesting for me. I dont see why you wouldn't want to post your ideas here for everyone but you can send it to me by mail or do you have some other plan... The 5pole is not finished and you know it, like I do.

Keep it Clean and Green
                  Midaz
                  Hello Midaz, Are you forgetting this is the place where people called me Sh t For Brains and told everyone they swore they'd never be on another forum with me. I've been insulted humiliated and called names by most of the people who've been on this thread so you're minor insult about me sharing doesn't go very far. I realize now that I was to aggressive with challenging claims and test results but they where outrageous and needed to be corrected. It just so happens that I referenced a video several times here that shows adding a load to the generator coil and having the the input current drop. When the coil is fed back to the input the the current drops almost in half as well. All the time the motor stays at exactly the same RPM. No one here even acknowledged that they saw the video. Maybe you weren't around in the early days, why don't you take a look and see if my feelings aren't warranted. My promises are good. I promised everyone I'd stay away from here until someone mentioned me badly again or wanted me here for some reason. You were the one who asked me to come and suggest testing procedures. So far no one has provided anything to talk about except Mark who had a bad experience with his road tests. I'll make another promise. I won't say any more about brushless, you've heard the last of it. I've built three motors now and haven't found anything to report other than what I did in the first video. I keep trying to think of something else to try but I don't think the 2/5 will produce different results. It's just my opinion again and I hope you try it and have good test results. I also hope some tests show up from the large motor kits. For now it looks to me like a lot depends on the builds already in progress.
                  Take care Richie
                  John

Comment

John,

I don't know about everyone else but I've watched all of your vids. I've also left a comment on them... As for the sh_t for brains and insults. Did I?...

I did not know why you couldn't get your motor to work. Then you said you wound two north coils covering 4 legs. You know that wouldn't work but you continued to wind the motor anyway. Then you complained about it. A simple question instead of complaining, was the correct way. You still haven't apologized for complaining about your mistakes. We all make mistakes but humble thy self.

Thank you for stopping by and show us how to do some testing. Take care

Keep it Clean and Green
                    Midaz
                    Midas, yes I know you have watched my videos and I thought we were friends so I'm going to politely try to explain things. I probably mislead you into what you said about my RS motor builds. I said I made three motors but I didn't include the one I wound wrong. Now let me say this. I forgot about running the first one. I did wind it wrong (all north) but I did run it and I did mention that I had bad results. Bad results was not a complaint because I immediately explained that I thought I wound it wrong, explained and asked for help from UFO. I also explained because I thought if I made the mistake that others would too. I later found out that others did the same thing I did. I copied the three posts regarding this mistake for you to read. It might just be me but I don't think I was the one who should humble and apologize. Read this through:

Dad:
                    Hello everyone. I just tested my motor and had bad results. Listen, this is important. I think I just made a classic mistake. UFO shows that each of the 5 vee coils must have a north and south outward facing pole when energized. The instructions also say each coil has to be wound in the same direction. Think about this hard. To have a north and south in the same coil the direction has to be all the same on the core, no matter what the core is. Just because the winding is in two sections it doesn't. I wound the first coil of the vee clockwise then moved over to the next set of notches and wound another coil in the same direction. All coils in the same direction right. I wound each winding clockwise. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the blue line be wound in one direction when working from the outside then the red in the opposite direction? Think of closing the vee so it isn't a vee anymore. If I wind all coils on all legs in the same direction, when I close the vee I have two north poles. I could be wrong and maybe everyone already knew this but if you wind all in the same direction you can get the motor to run but I was running at 5 volts and drawing 2.5 amps. I think it ran because of a slight offset in timing which could the push the offset stator around to the next position. I feel stupid if this is the case but I think it is. I thought I'd through the flag up right away just in case this is a misunderstood situation. Let me know what you think. Go ahead tell me I have poop for brains聽

UFO:
                    I can believe with ALL YOUR great experience in MOTORS...with all your incredible videos out there...with your thousands and thousands of U.S.D Investment in Equipments and Tooling....And all your knowledge acquired over so long...

You will DO SUCH A STUPID mistake??!!

When I stated very clear it was wound as a SINGLE COIL...it is knowledge from High School...My friend...

Then should I...expect, that my set up will be built "properly" here??!!

When Dad Hav is supposed to be the Cream of the Cream...the best of "Craftier s"...around...

BS.

Dad:
                    Gosh Dang it UFO. I thought for sure you'd know how dumb I felt about that. I could have just rewound it and not said anything but I was sure that others here did the same thing. It's even easier for me because I'm used to the winding schemes with the outrunner motors. ABCABCABC All coils wound the same direction and all separate in this case. In my old age my head split the the two section coil into separate ones. No excuses though, you gave me what I deserve. I grew up with Italians and I don't want you coming after me. And especially you and Thugugly and I don't even know what nationality he is.*
                    Thanks for answering. I hope others who made the same mistake learn from my embarrassment.
                    John H.

Let me ask you something Richie old Pal. Did you ever wonder why people just fade away from here without saying anything?
                    I'd rather we just drop conversations like this and let people finish their builds.
                    John

Comment

• I'm just a little confused.

Before I re-wire my first 'pairs' motor I need to make certain I got it right the first time.

With the shaft standing vertical, slot 1 to slot 2 is CCW on the top etc.

So for a 3 + 3 all north -

Comm 1 upper goes to slot 4 to slot 1 (CW turns 3 poles) X number turns then goes to slot 7 to slot 4 (CW turns 3 poles) X number turns then goes to Comm 1 lower.

Is this correct ?

Regards

mark

Comment

John

When I invited you around, I was hoping that you would have made that brushless asymmetric outrunner you told me about. You said that would be fun and interesting for everyone. I see you have no plan of doing that... Anyway, I guess this should be your last post on this thread.

As for me, I'm just here to learn about building motors for EVs.

Keep it Clean and Green
                        Midaz
                        Midas, you would have to remind me of the conversation we had about the outrunner. I don't remember it. In my video I mentioned how I thought my work on the outrunner was similar to what was going on here but like I said no one mentioned or questioned anything about it. You are absolutely right. I have no plan on bringing my experiments onto this forum. It would be disrespectful to UFO even though respect to me has been completely disregarded in most cases. You said you where not one of the people who has offended me but now you prove you are no different than some. It isn't your business to tell me I've posted for the last time. I might decide to stay around right to the end, when ever that might be. I said at post 3,000 that there would probably be another 3,000 before seeing a test that would prove anything. I was promised by the boss that it would never happen but here we are at over 7,000 posts and even with me trying to help with testing there is no proof of claims. Every time you answer my post I will reply. I have what I'm convinced is the truth on my side. Any time you want to drop it cold I'll go away for a while. Your choice. I know you're here to learn and so was I. First you have to learn what information might be credible and what might not. I know you had conversations with important people on your side of globe and I hope things work out for you with respect to that but I'll never be untrue to myself and pretend to see something that isn't there. YET.
                        J
                        Last edited by DadHav; 11-23-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• John

You old dudes are way too stubborn and too short of time. The last out-runner you made was over a year and a half ago. I watched the vid a few times. I asked you questions and we spoke about asymmetric motors after that. Just make "whatever' motor you were talking about! #amnesia #anitsharing_hit #myway #bucketlist

Keep it Clean and Green
                          Midaz

Comment

• About Hand Rule...

Originally posted by HuntingRoss View Post
                            I'm just a little confused.

Before I re-wire my first 'pairs' motor I need to make certain I got it right the first time.
                            Hello Mark,

That is the correct way of doing it...

With the shaft standing vertical,
                            With the Shaft standing Vertical...BUT, mainly, making sure your POSITIVE INPUT Commutator is also on that TOP. Normally We use the driving end of shaft (take off power) to be that Positive end.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then You do as shown on FIG above, on the Left Side Hand image (Blue/North Dotted Square)

That FIG above... I made it for N-S Pairs...However, it also works to get the sense of winding and obtaining North or South Poles based on your Positive wire.

slot 1 to slot 2 is CCW on the top etc.

So for a 3 + 3 all north -

Comm 1 upper goes to slot 4 to slot 1 (CW turns 3 poles) X number turns then goes to slot 7 to slot 4 (CW turns 3 poles) X number turns then goes to Comm 1 lower.

Is this correct ?

Regards

mark
                            For Slot numbers as You are citing above...I will need your drawing showing those numbered slots...it would help...

To do Two North Coils adjacent to each others, you wind them as a continuation of one to the other, same direction...in this case they share the same slot at center point of the two.

Now regarding your Motor...12 pole below is the Diagram of winding sequence...

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Ufopolitics
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 11-23-2014, 01:49 PM.
                            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

John

You old dudes are way too stubborn and too short of time. The last out-runner you made was over a year and a half ago. I watched the vid a few times. I asked you questions and we spoke about asymmetric motors after that. Just make "whatever' motor you were talking about! #amnesia #anitsharing_hit #myway #bucketlist

Keep it Clean and Green
                              Midaz
                              Ha, you got that part of it right. Old Dudes can be shorter of time than you can even imagine not to mention stubborn. You should have seen the people I inherited it from. It's pretty important that we "Old Dudes" spend time doing things we enjoy, especially with family and friends. Finding free energy is no longer on my bucket list. Having fun and enjoying building things still is. #Not remembering things the way you used to #Not wanting to share something that isn't a real life application yet #Not wanting to waste peoples time and use up what small time you have left by leading a thread #Doing things your own way #Doing things when you want to do them. I don't think this is an unreasonable approach for an Old Dude. But thank you for inviting me to continue building "whatever" motor I was talking about. I'll go back through my mail to refresh my amnesia, I mean memory. It might be what I'm thinking about now. You made me sorry I ever had conversations with you. I promise you, if I end up with something worth while I'll quickly share the information with my friends.
                              Cheers Richie
                              J

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                Thank you UFO. That is exactly what I was trying to describe and confirms my first pairs motor was correct...just short on wire.

The new wire has arrived so I will chop and rebuild during the week.

Regards

mark

Comment

Working...
                                X