X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding this Motor

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
    Hello BroMikey and welcome,

This is about a New Methodology and not just a different way to wind an existing motor "as is"...I will try to explain as a "Generalization". However, "a simple answer" would be kind of hard to "briefly" explain this whole technology, plus DC Motor fundamental knowledge is required for easier understanding.

We build Motors here, where "unused" Energy flows out, back to our sources to be utilized or stored back.

We enhance Motor Performance with this new tech, where Torque and Speed Parameters no longer co-exist as Inversely Proportional (meaning we can only have one Parameter at top performance, sacrificing the second one to lower spec's)...but directly proportional, where Speed and Torque are achieved equally in an ascending curve.

This type of Motors would "take" higher potentials ranges (Voltages) as higher densities of Currents (Amperage) where Closed Systems could never afford to "process", since they are limited by closed looping of its rotor coils.

STRUCTURAL MODIFYING

Motors structure must be modified, as adding a second commutator on the other side of rotor shaft, in some cases shaft must be replaced by a longer one, as outer casing/housing also must be "elongated" to fit the dual commutators rotor assembly.

COILS WINDING

Once structure is modified, then winding process is also different from existing motors.

On any existing Motor the winding is a continuous series looping that closes at the end of last wound coil, meaning, all wires are short circuited...or called "Closed Winding".

In my Methodology Coils are Isolated or "Open" related to next ones in the Sequence. In order that each coil gets Energized separately when making contact, then by an action of either repulse or attract, or both, it automatically/mechanically, disconnects from contact, pushing or pulling next Coil in line. Disconnected Coils travel to a second Gate-Brush, where it "exhaust" its charge as an output.

This way All Coils get a "brake" or an "idling" stage at disconnection, cooling off, plus getting induced by traveling in front of Stators Magnetic Fields, then reaching Output Stage.

Did You see my video ASYMMETRY TO ENLIGHTENMENT ?

Did You read my ABSTRACT at Introduction First Page of this Thread?:

Hope this post will help you to understand it better...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    @UFO

I just love your video to death. You Sir are a great man for that thank you.

I am impressed when men speak up and remember God and HIS power, the rest can show us something but their is something more here. God does not take it lightly and is a friend to those who are not ashamed of HIM.

The motor designs are generally doing the recycling like other designs.

Great work and yes I understood much of what you talked about. Ac motors DC motors Pulse DC motors yes and yes.

I have 2 twenty HP motors here that are 3 phase and 2 one hundred HP 3ph units as well. Some PM motors too.

I love building John Bedini solid state Oscillators.

Thanks Again UFO I see you are in deed a man to take note of.

God Bless.

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
      I have been thinking alot about this and want to offer another analysis using vectors to represent the magnetic fields.
      Hello Sam,

Sam, Sam...Magnetic Fields are Dynamic Spatial Forces that move through waves that undulate...curves that softly, smoothly, yet very strong project into three dimensional space...

Please read Bearden...about Heaviside and Poincaré Giant Electromagnetic Curl Calculations...read Maxwell...read Faraday...please.

They calculated and developed ways to measure magnetic fields...some using High Level Algebra Equations...like Maxwell used Quaternion Formulas...as also Integers approximating the areas of "Non Regular/Typical" GEOMETRIC VOLUMES like a Magnetic Field IS...Every single Geometrical Volume has a Mathematical Formula based on revolving, extruding...moving a 2D Component or Curve into space...

Only then you will realize that Hendrick Lorentz RIGID, STRAIGHT and STATIC VECTORS using only One and Two Dimensions are NOT THE WAY...to even "Imagine"...much less Capable to Calculate not even "near" the 3D Dynamics of Magnetism geometries...limiting its MAJESTIC POWER within mere and simple straight lines with a "pointy" arrow...

Originally Posted by Ufopolitics Post 6460
      Hello to All,

In a "brief" Conclusion on this First Part: Even though, the FIVE POLE...with the Two redirected South Poles above... are Assisting Rotation...which enhances the Performance over the previous N-S Asymmetric Model...STILL, is reduced in "QUALITY and Quantity" over the THREE POLES Structure...which is obviously amplified at larger angles in comparison to the NARROWER Angle depicted by ONLY TWO POLES of the Five Poles Rotor, Between BOTH MACHINES IDENTICAL STATORS positioning...

Ufopolitics

I think the two poles South poles of the 5 pole RS style motor is stronger than the three pole motor south poles, contrary to the above paragraph if I understand it correctly.

So...You are saying above...You are completely doubting about what I have stated...?!

Have You ever build a Three Pole Asymmetrical Machine?

Have You build the Five Pole RS ALL North yet?...then compare it to your Three Pole?

Because I HAVE...and NOT ONLY ONE MODEL OF EACH...Sam!

Here are diagrams of both style rotors with some vector analysis, the 3-pole first:

Notice how the vertical brown vector is shorter, and the stronger gray vectors are stronger but cancel each other out. Their strength is lost for use in rotation.

Below the RS 5-pole with vectors added:

Notice how the brown vectors, the North vertical Y-component is longer and stronger, and the cancelling gray X-component vectors are shorter. Overall the N Y-component should sum up larger and stronger.

In general the south pole component contribution to rotation is weaker since it further away from the stators, strength decreasing inversely proportional to the distance, for the most part

If the three pole performance is better, I propose that the North pole be examined. Notice how concentrated the North pole of a 3-pole coil will be, since the coil is very narrow. The narrower the coil, the stronger the magnetic force will be at the exit point meeting the stators. Now lets look at a North pole unipolar winding using a 20-pole rotor.

Lots of coils coming in at angles, with the X-components all fight each other, losing strength.

So the question may be, "How could a motor be wound to minimize cancelling X-vectors?" I propose the following:

Although the larger half of a given coil will have a weaker field the inner one will serve to concentrate it. I a bigger motor these coil groups would be done in 2 layers and staggered, maintaining the orientation with its comm segment. Since the inner coils would be farther away, it could have more turns, but that could mean different gauges.

And this thought finally wormed its way into my cerebrum. Why not wind the motor just like the three pole, one pole at a time? This might get the most copper on the rotor too, as the above method would leave air gaps in the larger coils.

bad ideas Ufo?
      Ideas are not "good or bad" Sam...until proven they do what we claim...only then, they become Great Ideas...otherwise is pure speculation...

If You know how the Main Rotor Coil of a Car Alternator propagates its Magnetic Field into Space...and how the upper and lower "Jaws" made out of solid Steel ...take those North and South poles and DIVERT/REDIRECT them in EXACTLY a 90º Angle to aim at Generating Fields...PLUS, Alternating into MANY South-Norths "Teeth"...then this "weakening" Vector Theory...will not apply?

Your Vector approach to the 3 pole is wrong Friend...by having a WIDER Angle between both Southern Poles of N2-N3...This creates an AMPLIFICATION of the Magnetic Field Spatial Spectrum...widening its Bisector (Which is the Strongest Area of Field)...MUCH BIGGER than the Compact North Pole N1...which is strong, but like a very fine needle.

Also, You are completely ignoring the Generating/Induction and Transformer Properties processes, PLUS, the Collapsing Coil "Attributes" that N2-N3 are going through when passing in front of the lower Stator Field...and they are very important not to forget about them Sam...

Related to your Design at bottom of Post...I see it Too Rigid...too square, not showing a Progression...a movement...remember Motors, Generators are rotating machines...they must comply with the wind...with the "Spiral Forces" of rotating masses you see in Nature everyday...

Look at the sky Sam...look at the swirls that higher altitude clouds like stratocumulus, cumulus nimbos...cirrus...etc,etc...they are "painting" the higher winds for Us to see...now...do you see many straight lines, and squares there Sam?...

But then again...your design above is just an idea...so MAKE IT HAPPEN!!...THEN...prove me wrong...

Cheers

Ufopolitics
      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-09-2014, 01:55 PM.
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Thank You

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        @UFO

I just love your video to death. You Sir are a great man for that thank you.

I am impressed when men speak up and remember God and HIS power, the rest can show us something but their is something more here. God does not take it lightly and is a friend to those who are not ashamed of HIM.

The motor designs are generally doing the recycling like other designs.

Great work and yes I understood much of what you talked about. Ac motors DC motors Pulse DC motors yes and yes.

I have 2 twenty HP motors here that are 3 phase and 2 one hundred HP 3ph units as well. Some PM motors too.

I love building John Bedini solid state Oscillators.

Thanks Again UFO I see you are in deed a man to take note of.

God Bless.

Michael
        Hello Michael and Thank You!

Thanks for such kind words, believe it or not...you have no idea...how they are like "Energy" for me to keep going on... here...

I am very glad you understood my explanation and videos...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Hello Sam,

Sam, Sam...Magnetic Fields are Dynamic Spatial Forces that move through waves that undulate...curves that softly, smoothly, yet very strong project into three dimensional space...

Please read Bearden...about Heaviside and Poincaré Giant Electromagnetic Curl Calculations...read Maxwell...read Faraday...please.

They calculated and developed ways to measure magnetic fields...some using High Level Algebra Equations...like Maxwell used Quaternion Formulas...as also Integers approximating the areas of "Non Regular/Typical" GEOMETRIC VOLUMES like a Magnetic Field IS...Every single Geometrical Volume has a Mathematical Formula based on revolving, extruding...moving a 2D Component or Curve into space...

Only then you will realize that Hendrick Lorentz RIGID, STRAIGHT and STATIC VECTORS using only One and Two Dimensions are NOT THE WAY...to even "Imagine"...much less Capable to Calculate not even "near" the 3D Dynamics of Magnetism geometries...limiting its MAJESTIC POWER within mere and simple straight lines with a "pointy" arrow...

So...You are saying above...You are completely doubting about what I have stated...?!

Have You ever build a Three Pole Asymmetrical Machine?

Have You build the Five Pole RS ALL North yet?...then compare it to your Three Pole?

Because I HAVE...and NOT ONLY ONE MODEL OF EACH...Sam!

Ideas are not "good or bad" Sam...until proven they do what we claim...only then, they become Great Ideas...otherwise is pure speculation...

If You know how the Main Rotor Coil of a Car Alternator propagates its Magnetic Field into Space...and how the upper and lower "Jaws" made out of solid Steel ...take those North and South poles and DIVERT/REDIRECT them in EXACTLY a 90º Angle to aim at Generating Fields...PLUS, Alternating into MANY South-Norths "Teeth"...then this "weakening" Vector Theory...will not apply?

Your Vector approach to the 3 pole is wrong Friend...by having a WIDER Angle between both Southern Poles of N2-N3...This creates an AMPLIFICATION of the Magnetic Field Spatial Spectrum...widening its Bisector (Which is the Strongest Area of Field)...MUCH BIGGER than the Compact North Pole N1...which is strong, but like a very fine needle.

Also, You are completely ignoring the Generating/Induction and Transformer Properties processes, PLUS, the Collapsing Coil "Attributes" that N2-N3 are going through when passing in front of the lower Stator Field...and they are very important not to forget about them Sam...

Related to your Design at bottom of Post...I see it Too Rigid...too square, not showing a Progression...a movement...remember Motors, Generators are rotating machines...they must comply with the wind...with the "Spiral Forces" of rotating masses you see in Nature everyday...

Look at the sky Sam...look at the swirls that higher altitude clouds like stratocumulus, cumulus nimbos...cirrus...etc,etc...they are "painting" the higher winds for Us to see...now...do you see many straight lines, and squares there Sam?...

But then again...your design above is just an idea...so MAKE IT HAPPEN!!...THEN...prove me wrong...

Cheers

Ufopolitics
          Hi Ufo, I like your viewpoint. Reminds me of what Schauberger had said, about his repulsine development, the need to observe nature in its flows and swirls. Just a mental flight back to the darkness on my part? I don't have time for wandering around in the woods right now and am sorely eager to just to claim the performance of your existing unipolar findings. As soon as I get some really good stuff built, there is a very interesting physics professor in the local university I hope to impress. Maybe he can teach me Heaviside and asymmetric Maxwell equations (once I show them to him maybe). Yeah I kinda need a classroom situation to pound equations into my head.

While my mind had a minor diversion, my hands have been busy (in between sessions with our US Marxist progressive income tax, duly bureaucratic, overly complex, distributionist, property and freedom robbing). Unless you think you may supercede it soon, I am marching toward your recently posted 10p-2s unipolar design. I am building a double rotor GM window motor (regulator as they say). Here are the basic parameters.

1. Raise original 24 ga used to 26ga
          2. Double rotor means just cutting the back of the motor off and welding bodies together. As Valerie Jarod says, easy peasy.
          3. Attempt about a 1 ohm winding per group. looking like 28' per group. running some calculations...

I will post pics soon.

If your synapsis are about to supercede all previous work, and I should hold up, just shout it out. Greatly appreciated.
          Last edited by sampojo; 04-09-2014, 03:55 PM.
          Up, Up and Away

Comment

• pole direction

So, let's make it simple...

N1 Coil when activated develop a force F1, based on a dual action, repulse-attract...which is simultaneously "reinforced" by a redirection of its South Polarity to S-1A and S-1B outer circumference of "South Hemisphere" of rotor core, producing a force F2.

Hi UFO, Now I'm getting confused , the south pole created by N1 , you are saying goes towards both dead poles ? Would it not just go directly to the north pole rotor core , since the south pole rotor core would repel it.

I've think the higher we go in poles the more complex it is going to get.
            I have 2 five pole motors , I will wind it just as you show, I'm just not sure what wire to use . All my stuff is salvaged.
            Thanks artv

Comment

• Regenerative Acceleration Under Load...

Hello My Friends,

Well, here is the Video about the P-10 All North Tests...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DUK...ature=youtu.be

[IMG][/IMG]

And like I said on Video...This Motor Configuration (with this small Power Source) will not show a huge Increase on RPM's acceleration like the small RS Five Pole did, #1 because of mass, and second Coils size and Capacitance...HOWEVER...IT DOES INCREASE UNDER LOAD!...Never decreasing, but JUST for a few seconds till it stabilizes back then start the "ASCENSION TO HEAVENS" Curve...

Now, the second Test I did on Video is just to clear doubts...mainly at my You Tube Channel...some comments I will quote below...which I find "Logical and Making Sense" though...Big Claims require Big Time Proof...Big Time Testing...and I agree 100%...plus many have the right to doubt them.

Good test. The first part of the video. The motor is not loaded down by the bulb, because it runs faster by 1200RPM under load. The power supply is out putting an extra 0.7A for the bulb. It is a good and efficient motor design. It uses low current per RPM. Good development and progress.
              Sorry Guy...PSU either did not wanted-this time only- to put that xtra power now??!!

Anyways, this is fun...

The Second Test...I clearly show that Power Source can NOT put out with both components at once, Bulb and Motor...no matter how...I connected them...tried in Parallel...Motor Collapses...PSU Relay of overload clicks in...PLUS in series does only 2600 RPM's plus a dimmer Bulb..

Now...what happened?...where is that Energy coming from?...that ONLY with Motor feeding Bulb through its Generation Gates...it can do OVER 5000 RPM's PLUS keeping Bulb brightly ON??!!

And we are not lighting here CFL's...NOR LED'S...

Enjoy it Guys

Au Revoir

Ufopolitics

Comment

• GM window regulator conversion

Exploded view, top left shows fully assembled original part

Converting to a double rotor takes the guess work out of adding the second brush plate. Just cut off back end of motor and join two bodies. I will arc weld them together, being very careful about keeping the magnets cool as possible.

3/8" stock shaft takes the two armatures. I remove the bushings and use bearings which will be mounted in large steel washers bolted to the front of the wired brush plates. One is shown. It will use the diagram just posted by UFO as it is a ten pole also. The good thing about this pattern is that it seems to use the same brush to stator orientation as the symmetric motor chosen for the conversion. The double rotor will make the motor much more powerful. I will need to add another half inch of rotor, since these sat 1/4" back from the end of the motor. I already have built a 10-pole quad stator with the quad pentagon-Y winding pattern. It ran at 9000 rpm on 12v. They will be fun to compare.
                Last edited by sampojo; 04-10-2014, 04:58 AM.
                Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Nice project Sam!

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                  Exploded view, top left shows fully assembled original part

Converting to a double rotor takes the guess work out of adding the second brush plate. Just cut off back end of motor and join two bodies. I will arc weld them together, being very careful about keeping the magnets cool as possible.
                  Hey Sam,

Make sure the cut to be welded surfaces are TRUE 90º otherwise rotor will bind on magnets, and just tack it with MIG Welder on the corners and then run a test with rotor on...easier to cut and re-align...

Use a soaked cold water rag inside where magnets go.

But MAINLY make sure Stator Magnets are ALIGNED South top South Bottom...and North/North...use a small plastic compass inside and mark them...before welding housings !!

3/8" stock shaft takes the two armatures. I remove the bushings and use bearings which will be mounted in large steel washers bolted to the front of the wired brush plates. One is shown.
                  Great idea to use bearings...could you make like pretty thick gauge Aluminum rectangular Plates with hole centered to press bearings and bolt to brush caps/housing?...it would be a piece of cake to R&I plus align that way...

It will use the diagram just posted by UFO as it is a ten pole also.
                  Hold on there friend!...I will post a Ten Pole 10 GROUP Diagram later on...which is the one am doing next (in case you wanna do that one instead)...to see advantages versus the one I tested on video...I am taking that one apart and re-winding it, probably start today...since I do not have another identical to compare.
                  But first am making a video reading parameters and running at same voltages before taking it apart.

The good thing about this pattern is that it seems to use the same brush to stator orientation as the symmetric motor chosen for the conversion. The double rotor will make the motor much more powerful. I will need to add another half inch of rotor, since these sat 1/4" back from the end of the motor.
                  You could leave a gap between both rotors, so they align exactly with both pair of magnets (I am assuming you will have a gap also between both magnets pairs right?)...it will not hurt the performance...is like two motors assembled by one shaft...then wind it running wires straight down...ignoring 1/4 inch rotor gap...understand?

I already have built a 10-pole quad stator with the quad pentagon-Y winding pattern. It ran at 9000 rpm on 12v. They will be fun to compare.
                  Definitively it would be fun...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-10-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Poles redirection

Originally posted by shylo View Post
                    So, let's make it simple...

N1 Coil when activated develop a force F1, based on a dual action, repulse-attract...which is simultaneously "reinforced" by a redirection of its South Polarity to S-1A and S-1B outer circumference of "South Hemisphere" of rotor core, producing a force F2.

Hi UFO, Now I'm getting confused , the south pole created by N1 , you are saying goes towards both dead poles ? Would it not just go directly to the north pole rotor core , since the south pole rotor core would repel it.
                    Hello Shylo,

Nope, the redirection of a Magnetic Pole, in this case generated by N1, South pole travels all the way through the steel laminations , passing the shaft...going to both lower poles N2-N3, ending right at those outer poles faces...then N1 North lines of force will go all the way down to start "entering" through them, now south.

The experiment to prove this is very simple...Get a NON MAGNETIZED solid steel cylinder rod then add a strong Neo cylinder Magnet and stick its SOUTH Pole to one end of steel cylinder...get a compass...then try to find where the South from the Neo is now...you will see it is all the way to the other end of your steel cylinder...and no longer at Neo's end...understand?
                    You could verify this also by getting another magnet near by that steel cylinder end.

Now the Geometrical Shape does not need to be a cylinder...but any shape...like we have here a "Y" Core...if you add the Neo at bottom of "Y" you will get the Southern Pole split at two upper ends from "Y"...

I've think the higher we go in poles the more complex it is going to get.
                    I have 2 five pole motors , I will wind it just as you show, I'm just not sure what wire to use . All my stuff is salvaged.
                    Thanks artv
                    The wire size is related to the rotor mass as also to the magnets strength...if they are bigger than the Radio Shack motor...then use a 26 awg...not a 30.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-10-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Magnetic Redirection Example

Hello to All,

Note: I know many of you guys know this already...nothing new...but some other people don't...or maybe you have not observed this specific design in detail before...
                      This is related to the way Magnetic Poles could be Redirected or Diverged through steel cores...This fact could let us identify where our poles are going to...as well as helping in future designs...

[IMG][/IMG]

Any Car/Vehicle Alternator Rotor is designed like this...

Look at main coil feeding through upper slip rings...it "normally" projects its polarity as reflected by N1-S1...as the Main Poles...However, thanks to the "Jaw Design" upper and lower... made out of solid steel...the North and South poles are being redirected to split into every teeth creating an additional flow of B Fields or lines of force between them.

Resuming through this design...a Coil which is Axially Magnetically Polarized...is now doing it Radially, thanks to the Jaw-Teeth splitting design.

This is done in order to directly interact with the generating windings which are disposed Radially on the outer housing.

The point is...that we could create MANY Designs where we would be able to "Diverge" or "Redirect" our Coils Magnetic Poles through Steel Components...it is a very useful knowledge to expand our designs as well as to understand what I was explaining related to the Three Poles Asymmetric Motor...redirecting its N1 South to bottom Poles of N2-N3...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Ten Poles All North Pairs and Groups Variations

Hello to All,

The Ten poles as seen on last video was wound as a P-10 (Ten Pairs):

[IMG][/IMG]

I made it out of my Sullivan Starter Motor for Gas R/C Helicopters, converted to Asymmetrical previously...Now I am going to re-wind it according to 10 Groups, NOT Pairs...so is a "G-10":

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't get scared, it may look complicated but it is NOT...is just to "see" what we are doing here...

In Pairs Winding, each Coil wrapped around Three Poles, so Six (6) for Pair...and now in Groups we are comprehending same Total of Six (6) Poles for each Group.

Every Group have Four (4) Coils, instead Pairs having Two (2) Coils...so, we fit Four Coils into Six Poles by Overlapping every pole.

We are using exactly SAME Commutator Element as on Pairs.

We would be able to fit more copper, more turns, as also leave less air gaps, plus other attributes related to performance...

The way I recommend to wind this is to start like P1 in Blue...then winding next P10, then P9 and so on...so the displacement of wires sets better into each other overlapped Coils Group slots.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Exactly

[QUOTE]

Now the Geometrical Shape does not need to be a cylinder...but any shape...like we have here a "Y" Core...if you add the Neo at bottom of "Y" you will get the Southern Pole split at two upper ends from "Y"..

Hi UFO, Yes I agree, but , We have an opposite magnet attached to the ends of that ..Y.. One is a N stator, and the other a S stator ....The south will repel, The north will attract,.....will it not all go to the north side??

Rewinding on the 16 pole again, where the coils cross seems to be the key.
                          With four stators I'm splitting A group to face each North stator.
                          Five groups so far .....way fast.
                          artv

Comment

• [QUOTE=shylo;253821]

Now the Geometrical Shape does not need to be a cylinder...but any shape...like we have here a "Y" Core...if you add the Neo at bottom of "Y" you will get the Southern Pole split at two upper ends from "Y"..
                            Hi UFO, Yes I agree, but , We have an opposite magnet attached to the ends of that ..Y.. One is a N stator, and the other a S stator ....The south will repel, The north will attract,.....will it not all go to the north side??
                            That is exactly what we want!...the Rotor redirected South from N1 to be repelling from S Stator, and be attracted to North Stator...and so happens on the Top...where N1 is repelled by Left N Stator and Attracted by Right South Stator...and before Coils reach the "locking point" N1 would be disconnected from Input and N2 will be On...and so on...and on and on...like the Duracell Rabbit...the Cycle repeats...

One thing you must realize is that the Diverged/redirected South at the two bottom poles of the "Y" have a "Spatial Bisector" (not on Steel Core) EXACTLY at Center between both Poles...Meaning that its "Locking Point" or when Stator North Center meets that center Spatial imaginary line...and NOT at the center from S Pole at N2 nor N3...and I believe here is where you are confused.

Rewinding on the 16 pole again, where the coils cross seems to be the key.
                            With four stators I'm splitting A group to face each North stator.
                            Five groups so far .....way fast.
                            artv
                            Great!, yes indeed this All North Group winding would be the Top Notch...also generating output, plus reducing even more amp draw...

So, you can fit more wires/turns than before with Pairs?

Please Arty, let Us know your results...

Thanks

Ufopolitics
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Welding double rotor body and bearing housings

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              Hey Sam,

Make sure the cut to be welded surfaces are TRUE 90º otherwise rotor will bind on magnets, and just tack it with MIG Welder on the corners and then run a test with rotor on...easier to cut and re-align...

Use a soaked cold water rag inside where magnets go.

But MAINLY make sure Stator Magnets are ALIGNED South top South Bottom...and North/North...use a small plastic compass inside and mark them...before welding housings !!

Great idea to use bearings...could you make like pretty thick gauge Aluminum rectangular Plates with hole centered to press bearings and bolt to brush caps/housing?...it would be a piece of cake to R&I plus align that way...
                              Sorry got an arc welder only, did OK, a little sloppy. Here is a diagram showing what you say about how to join the bodies and line up magnet Polarities. Join Red to Red, blue to blue. For compass needle, red is North.

Here is the the body spot welded on either side, away from magnets, wet down paper inside to keep them cool.

Used washers for bearing housings, welded them together. May have trouble getting behind the brushes to bolt the housings down. Good idea about the aluminum, next time...

You could leave a gap between both rotors, so they align exactly with both pair of magnets (I am assuming you will have a gap also between both magnets pairs right?)...it will not hurt the performance...is like two motors assembled by one shaft...then wind it running wires straight down...ignoring 1/4 inch rotor gap...understand?
                              I made the cut at the magnets, so they were flush with the body, and when put together there was no gap. I'm sure that would provide max field strength that way. I got the extra parts so I will make the double rotor as bigger.
                              Up, Up and Away

Comment

• resistance per coil pair for goldmine

@ufoPolitics

ufo I apologize for bothering you with such a trivial matter. But I decided I had a few minutes to spare this morning and measured the length of wire that I would need for the all north two pair winding, at 30 loops per coil I have a total length of 210 inches of awg30 or approximately 105 inches per coil. When I read the resistance on this wire it came to 2.4 ohms for the length of wire. Now this is very similar to the reading that I got on the other two winds. The R/S wind and the Y wind. I keep reading that you are recommending between .6 and 1 ohm per coil pair Does that rule only apply to larger motors or to these small motors also.

Cheers

Garry

Comment

Working...
                                X