My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO

How's it going eh! I managed to get the reactor out of the old welding machine/gen. I'm thinking this might be salvageable. If so, I wonder if I could use it to control my input, to the imperial/alte. You know what I mean. It's got a small wheel, to control the resistance of a lg gage coil. Heavy duty. Needs some work, but I know I can fix it. Any thoughts? I'm gonna start looking for something if this won't do it. I probably only need 150 v@ 30 amps, maybe less, at least to get a good enough set of data. That would be a nice test,
    0-150 v, 0-30 amps, or close to that.

Regards
    Machine

Comment

• Fiberglass Stator

@UFO
      I have another question about using the fiberglass stator. I don't recall this being covered, can I use the fiberglass stator in a generator? I want to try the Spyro of Life winding on a 12 pole to match the motor I am trying to build. Do I pulse the stator at the same time as the motor or is there some other sequence I should use? Should I pulse it faster to match the RMPs of the motor? Just thinking ahead.

Motor Progress: the space on the end of the stator was not big enough to hold the wire so I have to make another one with more space on each end. A few more days to see if it all fits together without rubbing.

Comment

• Hey Machine!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
        UFO

How's it going eh! I managed to get the reactor out of the old welding machine/gen. I'm thinking this might be salvageable. If so, I wonder if I could use it to control my input, to the imperial/alte. You know what I mean. It's got a small wheel, to control the resistance of a lg gage coil. Heavy duty. Needs some work, but I know I can fix it. Any thoughts? I'm gonna start looking for something if this won't do it. I probably only need 150 v@ 30 amps, maybe less, at least to get a good enough set of data. That would be a nice test,
        0-150 v, 0-30 amps, or close to that.

Regards
        Machine

Hello Machine!

Friend, I honestly do not have an idea of what are U Talking about...seriously...reactor?...Ok, maybe you mean the Dialer or Rheostat for welder amperage output?

I don't know if it will work for those purposes you mentioned...remember that most welders work on low V and High Amps...the other way around could burn resistor, if Watts are not same I suppose...but you have info on welder spec's right?

Still am not sure if that's what you want to do friend...if you could tell me more or if am right...

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hey UFO

Well, it's not the rheostat, I already fried that. . So it must be what you call the dialer. The old manual, calls it a reactor. I'm gonna play with it over the next few days, see what I can use it for.

Comment

• Fiberglass Stator...2

Originally posted by mikec_ut View Post
            @UFO
            I have another question about using the fiberglass stator. I don't recall this being covered, can I use the fiberglass stator in a generator?
            Hello Mike,

You are right, using the Fiberglass Stator as a Generator has not being covered before...but, I do not have it clear how you want to use it as Generator?

If You are referring to a whole separate machine, with that Fiberglass Stator and a P12 Asymmetric Winding on the Rotor, and expect to rotate it with an independent Prime Mover (Another Motor) I would respond , No, it would not work just like that.

When you have an Electrodynamic Machine without Permanent Magnets, and want to use it as Generator, you will need to provide a Prime Exciter Circuit to start magnetizing the Static Fields before expecting to get any output energy...unless your Rotor Core have some magnetic reminiscence on the steel laminates, then electric flow would be induced on the Stator...or if you insert some permanent magnets on the hollow rectangular space of your stator, then you will collect energy through the brushes, however, in either case, I do not believe you would get a "decent" amount of output this way...

There is another way to do this...and that is based on the Brushless Generator Application...but it is not simple to describe it here without Diagrams and Calculations.

And honestly, Mike, I have not tried any of the above designs...so this is just "Theorizing"...

I want to try the Spyro of Life winding on a 12 pole to match the motor I am trying to build. Do I pulse the stator at the same time as the motor or is there some other sequence I should use? Should I pulse it faster to match the RMPs of the motor? Just thinking ahead.
            You will pulse the Stator at the same exact time you pulse the Rotor Coils through the brushes, they could be connected in series or in parallel for DC Pulse...In the video I did it Parallel DC. If you are gonna try using AC Low Voltage from a Downgrade Transformer, then you could use Series to be running it longer times...I also tried parallel conn with AC, it works great also.

Motor Progress: the space on the end of the stator was not big enough to hold the wire so I have to make another one with more space on each end. A few more days to see if it all fits together without rubbing.
            That's great!, waiting to see those tests!

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Rotor Winding

Dear Sir,

Namaste. I was going by the thread again. It happened me to see the video "UFO Coil winding for Dummies" by Turion again one more time. The link for the video is here.

UFO Coil Winding for Dummies - YouTube

In this video at 0:45 he completed the cw winding and started anti-clockwise. Between 0:45 and 1:00, I observed the ccw winding stared covering 1,2,3,4 - presuming he covered poles 16,15,14,13 on clockwise winding.

The winding I did for 1 hp 15-pole is also in the same way. CW 15,14,13,12,11 and ccw 1,2,3,4,5

I'm confused as your drawings say 'the winding to take a turn at pole one' in ccw and cover 2,3,4,5,6

Here is the link for the drawing sir.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post241637

Please look into and guide. I am about to start winding for two more custom designed motors - one as generator and one as motor. Making the stator, rotor everything at the workshop.

Please look into the video of Turion sir and confirm so that I'll go right in winding.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Comment

• P1=pair 1, Not Pole 1

Originally posted by ajaya999 View Post
                Dear Sir,

Namaste. I was going by the thread again. It happened me to see the video "UFO Coil winding for Dummies" by Turion again one more time. The link for the video is here.

In this video at 0:45 he completed the cw winding and started anti-clockwise. Between 0:45 and 1:00, I observed the ccw winding stared covering 1,2,3,4 - presuming he covered poles 16,15,14,13 on clockwise winding.

The winding I did for 1 hp 15-pole is also in the same way. CW 15,14,13,12,11 and ccw 1,2,3,4,5

I'm confused as your drawings say 'the winding to take a turn at pole one' in ccw and cover 2,3,4,5,6

Please look into and guide. I am about to start winding for two more custom designed motors - one as generator and one as motor. Making the stator, rotor everything at the workshop.

Please look into the video of Turion sir and confirm so that I'll go right in winding.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Hello Kumar,

Turion Video on explanation is Perfectly well done...if you read my first comment I said exactly that... PERFECT.

Turion Motor was a SIXTEEN POLES (P16) MY Razor Scooter like Warrensk...NOT Fifteen Poles like yours, there is a BIG difference there, since in my design on the 16 poles there is no "Pole Jumping"...in Your 15 Poles there IS Pole Jumping exactly at center between the Two Coils. Meaning exactly the way you wrote (15 to 11 and 2 to 6) and I displayed on previous Diagram...where Pole One is jumped or not "involved" in the two coil windings.

I believe you are confusing P1 with "Pole 1"...and that is NOT what we mean on all this designs...but P1=PAIR 1, PAIR 2=P2, etc,etc...However, if it works for you then use pole number also as a guide, but KEEP Pair Numbering Separate, as it could bring confusion...just wanted to make sure you understand what I mean.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-17-2014, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajaya999 View Post
                  Dear Sir,

Regards and Namaste

Kumar
                  G'day Kumar
                  I have written a Word Doc on how to wind the motor you are having trouble with. Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.

You can down load this document here

https://www.dropbox.com/home/15P2S%2...ng%20P1%20Only

I hope this is of some Use

I am looking forward to your progress
                  Kindest Regards

Kogs Just trying to help

Comment

• Coil Winding

Dear Sir,

Namaste. Thanks for the guidance. Understood the difference and also the pole and pair terminology.

It's clear now sir. Last night when I was looking into the designs again, I was just thinking the same as a commonsense point - the difference between the 16-pole and 15-pole

Now Kumar, the coil winder,is with a handful of jobs .

Secondly sir, regarding the ones which are now getting readied:

for the armature coil, while winding, if I take the same 1 hp manufacturer specified wire length, number of turns and gauge for each pole and make it a three pole design, means 1 hp total winding of mfg design will sit on one pole, will it be an adventure? or can I do it? Of course it'll become a fat motor

And I'm thinking to keep it two ft length so that the horizontal side will be more and thus I'm presuming it will become a good generator as well.
                    Please guide.

Sorry if I'm annoying with my ignorance.

Namaste and regards

Kumar

Comment

• Many thanks for the document

Thanks a lot Kogs.

Thanks for taking time to support me.

With the explanation of UFO, it is clear now and I understood that I need to rewind it

Your document is of immense help to the other coil winders as well Kogs.

A great job.

And I keep updating my progress (this 1 hp motor is now going to be rewinded third time )

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Dear Kogs, having trouble in download. It says "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist". Pl check.
                      Last edited by ajaya999; 01-17-2014, 02:27 AM. Reason: Added text

Comment

• Originally posted by ajaya999 View Post
                        Thanks a lot Kogs.

Thanks for taking time to support me.

With the explanation of UFO, it is clear now and I understood that I need to rewind it

Your document is of immense help to the other coil winders as well Kogs.

A great job.

And I keep updating my progress (this 1 hp motor is now going to be rewinded third time )

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Dear Kogs, having trouble in download. It says "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist". Pl check.
                        G'day Kumar

Do you mean you could not open the file I had no trouble downloading from my last post
                        The name of the file 15P2S winding P1 only
                        When I clicked on the link the Drop Box opens the folder and you need to
                        Download the file Named "15P2S winding P1 only"

I named this file that way as it only shows and explains how to wind P1 only
                        Please let me know if you cannot open it

When you finish finding out the number of winds to fill completely 1 pole measure the ohms and divide by 2 and this will give you the ohms for the one pole UFO says 1 ohm is best but anything above .7 ohms is OK
                        Before you measure the Ohms touch the DMM probes together and Read the Ohms to subtract when measuring the Wire.
                        and PLEASE pull the wires Tight you will need t0 have Gloves on or a something to protect your fingers as they will get sore for the first couple of poles or until you skin toughens up

Kindest Regards

Kogs about to wind my First P56

Comment

• Hello Dear Kogs...

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
                          G'day Kumar
                          I have written a Word Doc on how to wind the motor you are having trouble with. Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.

You can down load this document here

https://www.dropbox.com/home/15P2S%2...ng%20P1%20Only

I hope this is of some Use

I am looking forward to your progress
                          Kindest Regards

Kogs Just trying to help

G'Day Kogs,

How are you doing of your knee?...Hope better every day...

Unfortunately UFO for some reason with his drawing he has changed the way he has numbered/named the poles, he normally names the slots rather than the laminations I think this is because when labelling the slots because this is the centre of the pole BUT in this Drawing the laminations is the centre of the pole.
                          Kogs, it is great Kumar brought this issue, and now you are writing about this above...

I always have refer to Pair Numbering, understanding, Pair of Two Coils in Series as P1, P2...P#

The fact that sometimes the name "P#" is positioned on the slots...is because the Center of Pair (where both coils share same slot)is exactly there, at slot, just like the example of Turion 16 poles video above.

In the case of Kumar 15 Poles, in order to set coils to fire at right bisector timing with Stators, We must leave (jump) one pole to start the second Coil in the Pair, that is why "P#" I chose to "paint it" on the center of that jumped pole, and painted the junction between coils in another color (purple) instead of red or blue...just because in that segment is just a conductor of wire...and do not have a defined polarity....

I refresh again that all pole numbers that could be divided by Two (for two brush system) or Four for Four Stator/Four Brush...are the easiest to Design in the Pair Sequence Series.

Turion is 16 poles, divided 4=4 poles per each coil in the Pair

Your Imperial is 28 poles...so seven coils per coil on pair...and Cornboy 36 poles ...well, that is the very different machine because it has six brushes, six stators, therefore Quadrant must be divided by Six, not four...and still, each coil in the pair grabs six poles.

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Do not complicate yourself Kumar...

Dear Sir,

Namaste. Thanks for the guidance. Understood the difference and also the pole and pair terminology.

It's clear now sir. Last night when I was looking into the designs again, I was just thinking the same as a commonsense point - the difference between the 16-pole and 15-pole

Now Kumar, the coil winder,is with a handful of jobs .
                            Great Kumar!

for the armature coil, while winding, if I take the same 1 hp manufacturer specified wire length, number of turns and gauge for each pole and make it a three pole design, means 1 hp total winding of mfg design will sit on one pole, will it be an adventure? or can I do it? Of course it'll become a fat motor
                            First, I doubt very much that your motor is wound "per pole"...but comprehending more than one pole each coil.
                            So, I am lost there...then you say you want to make it a three pole...?

Second, I do not think it would be possible to fit in just one pole...all your original winding in the whole fifteen poles of your rotor...

It does not sound right...and yes, it would be an adventure...

Kumar, I have designed for you "exclusively" a Five pole Coil, Ten in the Pair, on your very odd Fifteen Pole Rotor...in order to fit the whole 360º spiral circumference and overlap perfectly well at the end...So, I really do not understand why you keep making assumptions and complicating yourself trying to go off my original design, without even finishing first what I have laid out for you?...

And I'm thinking to keep it two ft length so that the horizontal side will be more and thus I'm presuming it will become a good generator as well.
                            Please guide.
                            I believe you have some terms/wording confusion here...I call Horizontal to the wires that run perpendicular to Rotor Axis or Shaft (Parallel to Motor Caps surface)...and Vertical to the ones Parallel to Axis or Shaft (the ones that run between poles slots)...and it is the Verticals ones which cut the magnetic field perpendicularly, therefore, the ones generating or being induced.

Sorry if I'm annoying with my ignorance.

Namaste and regards

Kumar

You are not reaching "annoyance point" yet...but you are getting very closer...

Just kidding Kumar, but just get to work and wind the darn machines!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Sorry for the confusion caused

H Sir,

Namaste.

Sorry for the confusion caused. In this quoted text, I was addressing two more machines that I'm about to get readied. I reread my post before submitting. I thought this might create confusion. But some how I published it.

Anyhow sir, first I'm getting this 1hp 15-pole dc motor readied. Once I give a satisfactory presentation in all respects, then I will go for making two more our own UFO Motors.

Come back to you shortly sir.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Comment

• Download from Drop Box Issue

Hi Kogs,

Namaste. Thanks a lot for the guidance and help. Regarding the link that you gave, whenever I clicked on that, I was seeing a small pop-up like(not exactly pop up) box at the middle top of the window, mentioning "The folder '/15P2S winding P1 Only' does not exist"

And once I clicked on screen anywhere, it's getting disappeared.

Don't know what is wrong?

Now I started removing the armature winding. By all means I will try getting it ready as designed by UFOPOLITICS before Monday.

Dear UFO sir,

Today I'm getting 12 volts 30 amps batteries 3 numbers and also arduino to make pulser circuit.

Regards and Namaste

Kumar

Comment

Working...
                                X