My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Cornboy

I only plant about 2 acres, for me and my chickens, and so the kids know where food comes from. I'll get a shot of my sugar stand, I'll do that.

So, I picked up my steel plates today, and I need 15 more, hmmmm.

Managed to machine out one coupling for the imperial endplate, it fits nice in the gen housing now, nice and tight. Ya know Cornboy, I was able to fit the entire imperial housing into the gen excitor section, so may have to just try that first, that was a good idea. Now I need to make a plate to bolt the outer imperial end cover to the gen end and I can start winding the imperial.

Comment

• Hello Machine, well your kids are lucky, and a very small minority now. It's a great Grounding for them for later life. Most kids if you ask them where Bread and Milk comes from, they say the Supermarket, and have no idea.

I am lucky now, because i can show my grandkids what is important, even if they don't think so now.

Sugar trees hey, gota see em.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Unbelievable,

The electrical shop where I scrounge for parts and get deals on things, ... Exploded last night.

Comment

• Imperial-Exciter...

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
          Hey Cornboy

I only plant about 2 acres, for me and my chickens, and so the kids know where food comes from. I'll get a shot of my sugar stand, I'll do that.

So, I picked up my steel plates today, and I need 15 more, hmmmm.

Managed to machine out one coupling for the imperial endplate, it fits nice in the gen housing now, nice and tight. Ya know Cornboy, I was able to fit the entire imperial housing into the gen excitor section, so may have to just try that first, that was a good idea. Now I need to make a plate to bolt the outer imperial end cover to the gen end and I can start winding the imperial.

Hello Machine,

Well, when there would be any "food scarceness"...I know where to run to...Cornboy and Machine Supply...

Related to making CAD's and how many legal tender notes I will be charging...I am still not decided...if to get me a Lamborghini Reventón...or a Ferrari Italia...with the $$ I will charge you...

Hey, but that´s great that you were able to FIT the whole Imperial outer housing inside the exciter housing!!...How TF did you do that?

Did you "Red Hot" stretched it with the heating torch and with stretching hydraulic cylindrical expansion clamps....widen it?...

That's great, you would be able to tests "as is" the Imperial...then later on we will add stronger wound stator cores...

Wound Stator Cores would have the thickness of both, outer housing wall and permanent magnets thickness...that's great!, thick stators cores my friend!

Mounting Stators is a piece of cake...drilling holes at exciter housing...and fastening to Stator Cores Tapped/threaded holes...

Warm regards

Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-31-2013, 04:14 PM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
            Good catch John. Thank you. So there is no major drawback as you may see it then, as just interconnecting 2 comm segs?

Well this is first for me.

@Ufo, takes away from the divisible by 8 pattern, then. At 20 poles I should look here, Bosch P4 p117

Or your Quad Pentagon 20 pole P51 post 1501:

Ufo, Bosch design or the QP20?

and what about adapting the QP10 to the 20 instead? P142p4238

Assuming I can get those magnets out. With my heavy steel frame, heat gun should still work no? And as you have noted how the steel frame makes the outer poles of the magnet unusable except for your dual rotor design, Ufo, ...

@John S. you have mentioned that steel frames may focus down the fields internally somewhat. Does that help a little in a motor of this type? Is an aluminum or anti-magnetic motor body better in general?
            Hello Sampojo,

Yes I realized it...no 40 poles...but 20...

A BOSCH design We will have to adapt the Interactions to Two Stators/Two Brushes...it is "doable"...I still don't know how, till I get it to CAD Diagrams...

On the other hand...the RS applied to this monster would be a very strong motor...just have to go above 3-4 ohms per Pairs to drive/pulse safely...it will definitively give you over 3600 RPM's easy...smoothly...and very strong.

And no major Modifications...on housing, no magnets out...or brushes mod...

Note, make it without modifying commutators gaps...and see how it works...

Related to steel outer frames:

I have explained before...that Symmetry uses a Huge Virtual STATIC Rotor Magnetic Field, like IF Two Stators, the Symmetric planes of Brushes will divide EXACTLY and ACCURATELY a Big North and a Big South Virtual Rotor Field, that is ALWAYS perpendicular to Stators INNER ONLY Magnetic Fields...

[IMG][/IMG]

In Asymmetry We use "DYNAMIC and PROGRESSING" virtual fields at rotors (Not Static at all, as we accelerate rotor...Its Fields will "advance forward" from Bisector to Bisector of Stators)...for example , in the RS Model, Pairs render Two Fields, asymmetrically generated (NOT Perpendicular at ALL) related to Stators Fields...

And we are energizing/generating Fields at Rotor...Independent from each others...big difference guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

Look at P1 "at work" (Starting to get Energized) here...see how Pair projects Fields NON PERPENDICULAR related to Stators Fields?...Rotor Virtual Magnetic Fields are Asymmetric...see it?

You ALL...see this difference?...or should I make a similar Five Pole Shaded Fields and Cross Lines from Fields...like the Symmetric Model displayed here?

It is FUNDAMENTAL to understand this simple difference...as this is the MAIN Concept of Asymmetry versus Symmetry...my friends...understanding it well based...will allow you to play back and forth, modify them as you "please" in further on, more complicated designs...

Then...As John Stone wrote above...the steel frame will sink external magnetic fields strength...this fact will consequence to ALSO weaken Internal Interacting Stator Fields...

So, yes, Aluminum, or even plastic will be a better option for any Asymmetric Model.

Warm regards

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-31-2013, 05:05 PM.
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Summer (big blowout) sale time

Machine
              Now is the time to really get those deals you were looking for, by the truck load. A little paint and the black crud will turn red. Tell them you will help clean up that mess so they can get back to business fast and and all the while, FILL YOUR TRUNK. Look at it this way, a whole new stock will be set up soon.
              Dana

Boom........ I didn't scare you with that noise again did I???
              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hello

Imade a little update vid for you ufo, I've pretty much got the first section done. Now I need some bearings.

Update - YouTube

Hey Dana, all those new parts are new expensive. Last time I was there, I got a bunch of big brushes, for free, could of took the box, hundreds of dollars worth, but I thought I would just get them another day. And all those big old caps. Oh well, except for some bearings, I think I've got everything I need.

Comment

• Nice and Tight!

Hello

Imade a little update vid for you ufo, I've pretty much got the first section done. Now I need some bearings.

Update - YouTube

Hey Dana, all those new parts are new expensive. Last time I was there, I got a bunch of big brushes, for free, could of took the box, hundreds of dollars worth, but I thought I would just get them another day. And all those big old caps. Oh well, except for some bearings, I think I've got everything I need.
                  Hello Machine!

Now that Rotor fits nice and tight!...As I see what you are doing the plates upper-lower you've made make the "buffer" to house both rims (inner rims of Imperial, and outer from Generator Exciter), excellent work!

Do You still could modify Imperial Outer Frame/Magnets Stators... to make it fit by "shortening" it, right?

As now, you are also ready to make the wound stators to go inside between the new plates, as I can see....all they will require is to drill holes (preferably two per stator, upper/lower) at exciter frame and laminated stators to fasten them together.

Ok, so to make the CAD for you, all I need is:

1- Your Generator Exciter Inner Diameter measurement, and...

2- Your Imperial exact Outer Rotor Diameter...I would say to measure mine...but you already machine yours...better be exact to the micro.

From there I can divide quadrant and make each stator modular shape...

It is gonna be a nice and very interesting Machine...

Warm regards my Dear Friend

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hey there UFO

Bearings came today so I finished the coupling from imperial to drum.
                    Figuera coupling - YouTube

To make imperial housing fit I'll need to shorten frame and remove imperials mounting plate.

What have you been up to UFO, you must be working on something?

Comment

• @machineAlive
                      Nice work machine. Looks like another monster in the making.

Cheers

Garry

Comment

• Hey Garry, It should be quite a match for Johnstones monster, I hope they like each other.

That old Cornboy, must have left Maggie and moved away with UFO's LADY IN RED, , How's my Maggie doing Cornboy?
                        Seriously, did ya get winding yet?

Anyway, UFO, that picture is great, I also wish I knew how to draw with computers. That is pretty much what I was thinking, as well. I thought a slip was all that was needed, just wondering if you had any better newer ideas . I made one more little update, the plates are done and bolted to imperial. I put the shaft through, to try and show you what I was thinking, in terms of comm or slip ring. Also, I think both ends of drum should be supported, with bearings.

Hope this clarifies
                        Drum section - YouTube

I think I could make a decent slip ring, I can get some thick cooper tube and mill something. Did I ever tell you how much I loved metal working?.

So with all of these bearings etc, we may need the mighty imperial, to spin this drum. I predict, 60 volts at 15 amps.

Comment

• Dry.

Hello Machine, that's quite funny, my friend,the purple lady is facinating alright, i want to get the pulser completely sorted out before moving on, getting some heat on fets, so still tuning, and testing, i think it's high frequency osscilation of the gates.

Still got to modify the comms, Again, have the first coil pair done, ended up with 33 turns of 1.2mm per coil 66 turns per coil pair,should all fit in hopfully. Wish i had you or UFO here to wind it.

I was pulsing that first, loose, coil pair, the other day, just to feel the magnetic strength at outside of rotor, and was quite supprised to see the wire jumping like a snake, with the pulses, also one field seemed stronger than the other.

Very busy with farm work at the moment, it's gone to near Drought now, and am irrigating crops, which is time consuming.

When i have pulser bullet proof i wil do some vids.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• No problem...

Hey Garry, It should be quite a match for Johnstones monster, I hope they like each other.

That old Cornboy, must have left Maggie and moved away with UFO's LADY IN RED, , How's my Maggie doing Cornboy?
                            Seriously, did ya get winding yet?

Anyway, UFO, that picture is great, I also wish I knew how to draw with computers. That is pretty much what I was thinking, as well. I thought a slip was all that was needed, just wondering if you had any better newer ideas . I made one more little update, the plates are done and bolted to imperial. I put the shaft through, to try and show you what I was thinking, in terms of comm or slip ring. Also, I think both ends of drum should be supported, with bearings.

Hope this clarifies
                            Drum section - YouTube

I think I could make a decent slip ring, I can get some thick cooper tube and mill something. Did I ever tell you how much I loved metal working?.

So with all of these bearings etc, we may need the mighty imperial, to spin this drum. I predict, 60 volts at 15 amps.
                            Hello Machine,

Yes, both ends of Drum could be supported, and agree, better, stronger and steady rotation. The only modification to do there, is to support Inner Stators by a Cylindrical shaped Inner structure, bolt Stators to it from In-Out...and bolt down that cylindrical frame/support on bottom end or the final Cap, where lower Drum bearing is mounted to.

No big deal...

And that "other" Monster is coming out excellent!!

Yeah!...A War of Monsters...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              Hello Machine,

Yes, both ends of Drum could be supported, and agree, better, stronger and steady rotation. The only modification to do there, is to support Inner Stators by a Cylindrical shaped Inner structure, bolt Stators to it from In-Out...and bolt down that cylindrical frame/support on bottom end or the final Cap, where lower Drum bearing is mounted to.

No big deal...

And that "other" Monster is coming out excellent!!

Yeah!...A War of Monsters...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Ok Machine, NOW I got the full idea of what you are making...and YES, A HECK of a BETTER Design than the way I've figured out before...or to have an Open Drum!!

So please disregard my previous post above in quotes...I was watching video without audio...so, that did not helped...

I see, you will have kind of a "Floating Inner Stator" attached to that center FIXED shaft...and running the Stator wires Internally through maybe a "tubing shaft"...or like you've said...drilling hole on your fixed shaft...So Drum would have bearings top and bottom, however you will be using bearing on "reversed mode", meaning, inner collar would be fixed to rigid shaft...and Drum will spin on outer bearing casing...very smart and very clever design!...I'll be honest...never thought of it this way...but definitively a much better design....BRAVO!

As I also must confess...that I quite did not understand the meaning of that complex bearing type you were making...NOW I DO!

Now am even more sure... this Plan would be a complete success!

Warm regards

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-07-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Hey UFO

The Inner stator is just a 4 pole rotor. It's gonna be on the shaft, which won't spin. You are gonna draw me a 4 pole rotor, that I will compress on to shaft, and that will be the inner stator. just like in the drawing on other page. The drum rotor will spin on the shaft, between the 4 pole outer stator on frame and the inner stator ( that you just drew) which is also on shaft but will not spin. I'm still not sure you understand what I'm trying to show. I will get measurements for stators, rotor next. We will have to decide on thickness of drum.

I'm getting an awefully big to-due list. Need some Grad students.

you just posted as I did you see now.

Comment

Working...
                                X