My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning.

Thanks for the video Sampojo, glad it's you winding that rather confusing pattern, you sure seem to be motivated, good luck with it, look forward to you firing it up.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Asymmetric Generator tests...

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
      HI Ufo, might like to try a generator winding with this 10 pole design. When I did the dual pentagon on an RS motor, I don't think it got as good voltage output in the generator brushes compared to the first RS winding pattern you recommended. Any thoughts on what a generator pattern might look like on a quad stator 10-pole?
      Hello Joe,

After you finish your Ten Poles Pentagon Motor...and run it...it would be great if you could run it as a "Solely Generator" as is...just connect shaft to any other fast spinning motor...and connect your Pentagon Asymmetric Motor Gates in Series...like:

Gate 1 Positive to Negative of Gate Two, Positive from Gate 2 to Negative of Gate 3, Positive from G3 to Negative of G4...Then Positive of G4 and Negative from G1 would be your total Output...

Try getting some nice steady RPM's...and load it.

Then let Us know...

And nice video, great detail about this not simple winding..

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Monster driver

G'day Dana
        I know JS is on holidays BUT I am now assembling JS'S Monster driver and I notice on the Parts list he specifies D4,D5,D8,D9 P6KE250,CA these are the only part# for this at RScomponents

I ordered these parts and now when I am assembling the Board I find that that part number is a Bi-directional diode
        On the Schematic he shows that they are directional when I check the Part number Data sheet the C stands for bi-directional
        Also when I check the P6KE15's they came also Bi-Directional yet on the Schematic they also are directional

Please You have your Monster drivers working which is the correct part numbers

Kindest regards

Cogs is Konfused
        Last edited by iankoglin; 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

• Bi.

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
          G'day Dana
          I know JS is on holidays BUT I am now assembling JS'S Monster driver and I notice on the Parts list he specifies D4,D5,D8,D9 P6KE250,CA these are the only part# for this at RScomponents

I ordered these parts and now when I am assembling the Board I find that that part number is a Bi-directional diode
          On the Schematic he shows that they are directional when I check the Part number Data sheet the C stands for bi-directional
          Also when I check the P6KE15's they came also Bi-Directional yet on the Schematic they also are directional

Please You have your Monster drivers working which is the correct part numbers

Kindest regards

Cogs is Konfused

Hello Kogs, on my copy of monster MD5.1 it shows D4,5,8,9, as bi-directional P6KE250CA, and D2 D7 as uni- directional PK6E15, as on BOM list.

RS PT# for PK6E15, is 6391403.

Hope this helps Matey.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
            Hello Kogs, on my copy of monster MD5.1 it shows D4,5,8,9, as bi-directional P6KE250CA, and D2 D7 as uni- directional PK6E15, as on BOM list.

RS PT# for PK6E15, is 6391403.

Hope this helps Matey.

Regards Cornboy.
            G'day Dana
            Thanks for clarifying things
            Kindest regards

Kogs not confused any longer

Comment

• Dana.

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
              G'day Dana
              Thanks for clarifying things
              Kindest regards

Kogs not confused any longer

Hey Kogs, i would be proud, that you thought, i was DANA.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Diodes

@Cornboy
                Thanks, you are correct, although if You were I ,and I were you, then I would have one tremendous and powerful cow bell sitting in my basement and you would be the one with line after line of code rapped around your neck.
                Dana
                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Konfused or not confused what is the answer

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  @Cornboy
                  Thanks, you are correct, although if You were I ,and I were you, then I would have one tremendous and powerful cow bell sitting in my basement and you would be the one with line after line of code rapped around your neck.
                  Dana
                  G'day ??????
                  I Guess I was confused BUT then maybe I'm not but then maybe I am
                  am I?
                  Thanks Guy's

Konfused or not confused what is the answer

Comment

• Strangled.

Please DANA, don't let your codes choke you, take a break and come back fresh.

We are all greatfull for the hours put in for everyones benifit.

Warm Regards Friend, Cornboy.

Comment

• Kogs, very good study of the MD5.1!

I blew right by the unidirectional/bidirectional option on the P6KE250, leaving off that detail completely on my posts on the circuit thread. Correcting ASAP. What the heck does a transil diode do anyway? I am redrawing everything as part of my learning curve, trying to keep my mistakes on paper...
                      Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Good news!!!

Gentlemen,

After long debates about finances with the wife,the "Money Boss".... The UFO motor budget has been approved! (She said I've been a good Daddy. It's my Father's Day present.)

Called Dyann at Imperial. She is a lovely lady to talk to, very helpful! The shipping to Japan is "OUCH!" but she is working on it. I knew that this project would be expensive. So, I have been EXTRA sweet for the last two months to get the budget I needed. Plus, I worked hard and saved.

Here is the challenge for Team UFO... I'm a preschool teacher in Japan with no hands on experience with electronics but I have read our thread back and forth and watched the videos over and over. I've learned so much these last 5mts but I'm still far behind most of you. Here's the chance to prove that if I can do it; anyone in the world with no experience can do it.... So, in short, I have enlisted in the Ufo Politics Army and reporting for duty, Sir!

I've been following this thread "Asymmetric Motors" for months, almost everyday and hours at a time. I've seen all of you, from all over the world, collaborating as a team to breathe new life into one of Nokia Tesla's dreams. .... You guys are awesome!

It's hard to get components and parts here in Japan. I have to deal with two main issues; the language barrier and everything is so damn expensive!! I could get the info and parts from the states but international shipping is NOT cost effective. For the price of parts and shipping from the states, I can order the top of the line components and parts from Japan. I have to calculate that into my budget. I will have to use Japanese companies like Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Panasonic etc... to get rotor bearings, wires, MOSFETs , diodes, pots, etc... I will need help finding compatible parts from Japanese companies to push the Imperial Asymmetric Motor to the limits!

At the end of testing, I will put my Imperial Asymmetric motor inside my motorcycle. (Pic below) I have a Japanese partner helping me with mainly translation but he knows less than I do! We will try our best! lol
                        Last edited by Midaztouch; 07-28-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Great.

Congratulations Midastouch, any questions you may have i am sure will be answered here on this thread, from a bunch of very genuine people.

Imagine taking a working imperial replication, to your school to show and tell, that would turn some heads. And the Kids would flip.

Please ask questions no matter how dumb you think they might be Midas, it's part of the way to learn.

Regards Cornboy.

PS. Parts shipped from AUSTRALIA, from say RS components would be less freight to Japan.

Comment

• Show and tell!?

#Cornboy

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                            Congratulations Midastouch, any questions you may have i am sure will be answered here on this thread, from a bunch of very genuine people.

Imagine taking a working imperial replication, to your school to show and tell, that would turn some heads. And the Kids would flip.

Please ask questions no matter how dumb you think they might be Midas, it's part of the way to learn.

Regards Cornboy.

PS. Parts shipped from AUSTRALIA, from say RS components would be less freight to Japan.
                            Show and tell at preschool!? I will do a lot better than that!!

How about this..... taking it to downtown City Hall Annex Building during conservation week or Fuji Speedway to the 6hr 250cc motorcycle endurance race.

I will keep shipping from Australia in mind.

Keep it Clean and Green
                            Richie
                            Last edited by Midaztouch; 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                              @Cornboy
                              Dana
                              G'day Dana
                              Talking about code
                              A few posts back there was a mention of the Arduino that uses interrupt pins As I mentioned that in 1975 I used to program in assembler on a "Computer Automation" computer. It used the interrupt system and it is a better way of programming in real-time as when the program is running and any value that is being monitored changes then it interrupts the main program to service the interrupt it is a very wonderful tool for programming in real time events like if a key on a keyboard is pressed, testing for speed of a shaft, if a temperature sensor is over limit or even if the sun comes up. these interrupts are very useful and makes programming faster by being able to interrupt the program exactly when an event happens.
                              The program you wrote for firing the separate coils in a DC motor that UFO suggested is written in a "Round Robin" approach this type of programming was the only way that programs were able to be written and the program would look at each sensor in series to test if anything has changed and if it had then the program would branch off to another part of the program a Subroutine written especially to service the changed sensor and when finished it would return to the main program. This type of programming is very slow to react when a particular sensor changes, therefor enters the interrupt type programming.

Why am I writing this?

Well No matter which programming type you use either the Round robin or the Interrupt system the programming always takes time the shortfall of any program is the time it takes to service any interrupt, it takes time away from the main program and this will slow the main program down.
                              In the instance of programming the operation of the motors that you are working on the motor / mosfet speed is moving at a speed that any interruption of this program will actually effect its speed and this is not because of outside influences but because of the program itself and therefore I think it will be essential to have one processor dedicated only for the running/controlling of the speed of the motor and have another processor for the servicing of all the other checks like temperature and the suchlike things
                              I appreciate what you Dana John Stone and the others involved are doing towards helping UFO's projects to succeed

Kindest Regards

Kogs working/thinking in the background

Comment

• Comrades,

I'm still living, in case you were wondering just really busy again. I thought I would post my testing results as I am tuning motor. Also, If I didn't mention, I used 17.5 ga, 13-14 turns on the first motor. Too many rolls of wire, it was even marked, 18.5 ga. That would explain why my ohms were so low/too low. Also, a couple of brush holders were shorting to the housing, sometimes, so everything I did previous, is no good, as far as I am concerned. Sorry.

But this is a new day, and a new motor.

So, I used

20.5 ga, 25 turns, .7 ohms element to element.

All testing is 24 v in

Test #1 energize 1 gate, outputs open

---------- RPM--AMPS
                                GATE1---870. . 6.5
                                GATE2---1200. 8
                                GATE3---1156. 7.5
                                GATE4---1300. 7.8

So then I adjusted brushes

Test#2, 24 vin, outputs open
                                ----------RPM---AMPS
                                GATE1---1180. 8.3
                                GATE2---1190. 10
                                GATE3---1269. 8.9
                                GATE4---1191. 9.7

Test#3, 24 vin, parallel input
                                -------------RPM--AMPS
                                GATE 1&3. 1580. 9
                                GATE 2&4. 1620. 11

ADD CAP(2500uf, 500v)
                                And 2 lamps, at output.

GATE 1&3. 1560. 14
                                GATE 2&4. 1520. 16.5

Test#4, 24 vin, all gates parallel input,

Measured resistance at input split, output join, .5-.6 ohm,
                                10 amps in
                                1920 rpm

I am happy with everything except. When motor is spinning, if I apply pressure to energized brush, rpms will increase 100 -200, amps drop. But only on the housing side that I modified, whether positive or negative input. So I guess the brushes will improve as they seat better.

Now I gotta get on this driver, but the amps are so low, I may try using my old pulser, with all of them in parallel.

Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X