Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
    Hi folks

I tried running new motor, pulsed, 12 v. I get one loop, then arduino resets. Does not spin. I will have to recheck the fets. Has anyone else had this happen, Dana, hitby? It ran the lights in sequence fine, but not motor.
    Leaving for a few hrs, when I get home I'll check everything, I was tired last night.
    This are exactly those drawbacks I want you to prevent by thorough wiring. The motor performs as strong braodband broadcast. Any wire welcomes any EMC incoming.
    Please check:
    It will be essential to have no GND or other connection between Arduino world and Motor crcuits. I suggest strongly a separated socket charger in order to feed Ardunio separated.
    Apart that twist corresponding signal and GND wires.
    Choose a single common GND for Power GND and distribute from there to 4 driver.
    JS
    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hey John
      still not home to check, but I think I may have forgot the ground from battery to drivers.
      Thanks and have a good trip.

Comment

• Get "One Loop"...

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
        Hi folks

I tried running new motor, pulsed, 12 v. I get one loop, then arduino resets. Does not spin. I will have to recheck the fets. Has anyone else had this happen, Dana, hitby? It ran the lights in sequence fine, but not motor.
        Leaving for a few hrs, when I get home I'll check everything, I was tired last night.
        Hello Machine,

When you wrote: "I get One Loop..."
        Does this means Motor spins through that Gate, say number one, one pulse?...then Arduino resets and Motor does not keep spinning...

Does this describes what happens?

Let meknow

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi ufo
          the leds flashed in sequence, once, then reset. motor did not spin at all. I have to check ground.

Comment

• Well, I had all the grounds hooked up correct. I can't have any shorted fets, because the lamps flashed correctly. If one fet is open it should work ok, at least at first. So, I'll have to think about this one, maybe try diodes on drains, maybe it's inductive spiking. Maybe Dana will read this and have some ideas, but I'm thinking noise.

Comment

• @ Machine
              Did you reload your program after that grueling episode. Are the LED's running at all, if they are not its in the Monster or your Arduino, if they are, its in the connections etc if not fets. Something may have came loose.

I have been using the Arduino PID library which was developed to match the professional code in industry for function and timing. To that I have added thru the Processing program, a matching .EXE progran that uses the ControlP5 setup which has a library of all kinds of buttons, sliders, switches and indicators that are used to create a control panel for your computer to run the whole thing. Most of the code is not in the Arduino to slow it up. The Arduino hands the RPM value to the control module on your computer which does most the work and hands it back to Arduino ready to change duty cycle up or down as necessary based on control panel changeable parameters. These parameters can be changed on the fly.
              This is the guy that wrote the PID Library.
              Arduino PID Library by Brett Beauregard “One of the benefits of the PID library is that you can change the tuning parameters at any time. this can be helpful if we want the controller to be aggressive at some times, and conservative at others.”Brett. This is an example of the control panel, showing some of the controls at hand. There are many more and do not take Arduino time.
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogwqncaq1z...ntrolpanel.jpg

Here is a video I made to demonstrate how this works. I substituted a LED for a PWM signal and ran the self Executable program. You first see that the LED is getting bright then dim or off. Then you see the computer screen where I am causing that to happen. No pot on the Arduino or anything. Now that LED is showing our signal which could be sent to your Monster. None of this slows the signal to run our Imperial. It all takes place in a separate Executable file.
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7uoeiyib0...Processing.wmv

All of this is available of the Arduino Library Site. I guess I am supposed to just sit back in my chair and wait for how long I do not know. This is just a little something to fill my time. I want to know how this stuff works and am getting there.
              Dana
              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post

Hi ufo
                the leds flashed in sequence, once, then reset. motor did not spin at all. I have to check ground.
                Something is either shorting out, or to weak to start motor...draw increases beyond circuit capacity...and resets, Machine...That's what I can think off...reason why it reset in first loop running sequence...did you hook a Volt Meter at least in one channel-gate of Imperial, between Common Positive from Batteries and Drain out from that channel?

Well, I had all the grounds hooked up correct. I can't have any shorted fets, because the lamps flashed correctly. If one fet is open it should work ok, at least at first. So, I'll have to think about this one, maybe try diodes on drains, maybe it's inductive spiking. Maybe Dana will read this and have some ideas, but I'm thinking noise.
                Machine , on this set up there are many "open possibilities"...that just one could generate this symptoms...therefore, when you prep the set up, make sure you have Amp Meters (in line, at common Positive, like Dana had on his set up, not clamp type) ...as also Volt Meters at every Channel, to see if they are triggering at the right voltage for required time.

It "seems" based on your short description...that the Pulser/Channels does not have the "enough juices" (Amps or (and) Volts) to turn Imperial and take it from Zero...and brake the Inertia....it could be Volts or Amps...or both.

I recommend to go a step higher (24 Volts)

What was the Duty Cycle when you started Motor and Arduino reset?...if Duty was too low...it could do this...

With a Volt Meter on one channel...I could "feel" it will flash high V then drop to zero too fast...not enough time to develop the repulsion forces long enough to "jump start" rotor.

That could be...too low duty...or too short Time On...check them out....get Scope on there also.

It is not the same thing to light an incandescent bulb...as to generate the required strong magnetic field to spin that Beast...

Cheers...when you get this over...that Beast will roar out loud...

Please let Us know

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 06-10-2013, 03:06 AM.
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Quad Pent 10-pole Winding video

Hi Ufo, Un momento por favore ;-) let me know if you see anything wrong!

Quad Pentagon 10-pole Winding video

Grazi!

PS: Here is Ufo's winding pattern for the 10-pole Quad Stator design:
                  Last edited by sampojo; 06-11-2013, 03:49 AM. Reason: add video link
                  Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post

Grazi!

Hey Joe,

Video is Private...we can not see it...have to set it to "Unlisted"...

Prego

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Private.

Originally posted by sampojo View Post

Grazi!

Hello Sampojo, your video link says the vid is private!

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• I wouldn't even try.

Hey UFO, i bet we couldn't both post in the same minute again, even if we tried.

You must of pipped me by seconds.

Regards Cornboy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Hey Joe,

Video is Private...we can not see it...have to set it to "Unlisted"...

Prego

Ufopolitics
                          Reset video to unlisted, sorry about that, only my second one! (oops just hit the save button now)
                          Last edited by sampojo; 06-12-2013, 01:36 AM.
                          Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                            Reset video to unlisted, sorry about that, only my second one!
                            Hello Joe,

When You "re assign" the options as unlisted...I believe it will get automatically assigned a new link...because it is still private...

You can see it...but we can not...

Cheers...if you can make a Pentagon Asymmetric Machine...am sure you could handle You Tube...;0

Cheers

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Quad Pent 10-pole repost trying to get it right

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              Hello Joe,

When You "re assign" the options as unlisted...I believe it will get automatically assigned a new link...because it is still private...

You can see it...but we can not...

Cheers...if you can make a Pentagon Asymmetric Machine...am sure you could handle You Tube...;0

Cheers

Ufopolitics
                              Wow, really something how diligent you are about your thread. Please try again, as I did not see the save button until an hour later. Thanks for your interest and help!

@Cornboy thanks for trying also!
                              Just in case the link changed: QP10 vid

Pardon the editing, scene in the middle off camera is repeated on camera right after.

Here are some of the rules of thumb I will be applying to winding.
                              1. symmetric motors have about 30% of the available rotor volume empty for cooling
                              2. increase wire length accordingly (goes to 13')
                              3. this motor is about 1.5''D x 1.75"l and the symmetric winding was about 10' per pole
                              4. it was 24ga.
                              5. I switched to 26 ga hoping to get some higher voltage performance.
                              6. increased winding length to 15' by looking at the difference in diameter of 24 & 26 wire, getting more ohmage too.
                              7. Use the s-pattern to maintain winding direction in transition between S and N coil halves.

As a result did not have to undo too much winds.

Gimme some dat RE!

Joe
                              Last edited by sampojo; 06-12-2013, 04:16 AM.
                              Up, Up and Away

Comment

• question on pentagon windings gnerator performance

HI Ufo, might like to try a generator winding with this 10 pole design. When I did the dual pentagon on an RS motor, I don't think it got as good voltage output in the generator brushes compared to the first RS winding pattern you recommended. Any thoughts on what a generator pattern might look like on a quad stator 10-pole?
                                Up, Up and Away

Comment

Working...
                                X