• Show
Clear All

• Atlas Shrugged

Originally posted by Ayn Rand/Atlas Shrugged View Post

"...I am going to stop the Motor of the World..."

John Galt

And I write...

"We are going to stop the Gas Engines very soon..."

Aren't them all...the Motors that move our world so far?
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Fantabulous?!...

Yeh, when you read and see a patent from 1889 that is still relavent and unused today, what do you say?

Comment

• Joining?

Hey UFO, on another note, in another coil winding thread you stated that it was your opinion that joining a copper winding wire may interfere with the electrical flow, so in relation to MAG3 stators, and how you show to wind three pairs of N/S, do i need to have a continuos wind between stator pairs?.

I was going to have each stator coil seperate and terminated to insulated threaded bolts on outside end housings, to make it easy to swap connections for parralel - series etc, also winding seperate stators will be sooo much easier to get wire even and proper.

What are your thoughts?

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post

Yeh, when you read and see a patent from 1889 that is still relevant and unused today, what do you say?
          Absolutely, I would also say...Fantabulous, Cornboy...
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
            ....and hoping it means your Family trouble is over, or at least clearing up.

I also thought of using a resistor-once the 3600 RPM's spot has been marked and measured its resistance- between Wiper and Higher Resistance side (Opposite side of Gain Speed rotation sense) that could be switch controlled to get a faster reach to that "Idle" point.
            Still struggling!

Yes! The fixed resistor will do well but there will be no simple way to readjust.
            Using those 10 turn trimmer pots will be superiour. Provide a multi position switch and connect same amout of trimpots to it. Then you have a dedicated position for a plurality of cases at hand.
            JS
            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
              Hey UFO, on another note, in another coil winding thread you stated that it was your opinion that joining a copper winding wire may interfere with the electrical flow, so in relation to MAG3 stators, and how you show to wind three pairs of N/S, do i need to have a continuos wind between stator pairs?.

I was going to have each stator coil seperate and terminated to insulated threaded bolts on outside end housings, to make it easy to swap connections for parralel - series etc, also winding seperate stators will be sooo much easier to get wire even and proper.

What are your thoughts?

Regards Cornboy.

That is great way of doing it Cornboy...disregard what I wrote, as later on a further post I warned NOT to do it till further study....since it does not renders steady results for different type of structures.

So do it like you are planning to...that way -as you wrote- could be tested at different connections, just use a pretty "decent" gauge cable to do the connections...like 6 or 4 gauge.

Regards and good nite (for me, for you is good day...)

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Thanks John

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                Still struggling!

Yes! The fixed resistor will do well but there will be no simple way to readjust.
                Using those 10 turn trimmer pots will be superiour. Provide a multi position switch and connect same amout of trimpots to it. Then you have a dedicated position for a plurality of cases at hand.
                JS
                Thanks John!

I understand it is a superior approach to do it like you wrote...I was just trying to make it simple...but you are completely right...it would be harder to readjust even after turning off that resistor circuit between wiper and other end with a switch.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• HI,

I just received a couple 2hp dc motor to play with .
                  Although they have two magnets.
                  My question is, is two magnet or four magnets better to use ?

Also How do I pull out the commutator and bearing from the shaft ??
                  I tried pulling with my hands.., maybe IM just not strong enough !!
                  .... Got my answers on pages between 33 and 40...
                  thanks

Actually what i have interpreted, would be coils at the stator better then magnets.
                  You are talking about resonance and coil alignment, sounds like ED Gray design

Joel
                  Last edited by lerameur; 05-08-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Hello Joel
                    Four is always stronger as angles are at 90 degrees rather than 180. But first of all I have concerns that you may be thinking of converting the two into one four stator. This can be done but have you done any of the smaller motors first. Although it is not a requirement, most of us here have destroyed several motors while in the learning process. If you have not I would save those for a later project and do a few smaller ones to get your feet wet. From your comment about the commutators, I see that you have vastly underestimated the technical learning that goes into this work. The answer to that question has been talked about in at least ten places within this thread. Pullers, vises, custom made slotted bars and more are needed in some cases to remove those things. If you are feeling that you are going to do this anyway, post some pictures of the parts and tell us more about the motors such as shaft length, number of posts on both the rotor and commutators, etc. We can better give you the correct advice.
                    Dana
                    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Successful replication on Arduino Uno

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                      I have used the Leonardo and the Mega 2560 but I think that this program is so generic that it should work on any of them. I will soon get the two pulse code out so some one can experiment with the smaller motors using two inputs. Then you can show that you could run the things with less amps than before. Hey, its something to do with your brand new Arduino whatever.
                      Dana

Thank you, PROCHIRO (Dana)
                      was successful in replicating the code you developed on my Arduino Uno so we can now add that as a third processor it has been tested with.
                      I think it is great that you are also going to develop a two port version of the code for all the other people following UFO so they can also do low current runs, perhaps I will work on a six port version for Cornboy, Currently I am working on my interpretation of a PC board of Sir John’s Monster PCM driver.

Hitby13kw

Comment

• HI Dana , I posted a picture of the rotors I have.
                        1) two are 0.8 HP (only one is shown). with 16 sections on the commutator and the lamination
                        2) one 1HP motor , but this one has coils stator. with 40 sections on the commutator and 20 section on the lamination
                        3) one 2HP with 63 sections on the commutator and 21 section on the lamination.
                        4) one 3HP with 63 sections on the commutator and 21 section on the lamination

The bearing is not a big problem to remove, but the commutators are not intended to be removed. Even with a puller it might break. I could put both 63 section commutator on the 2HP motor, but I will run out of shaft lenght... i guess.
                        Which one would you use ?

Joel
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                          Hello All
                          You may download the code file for the Quadra Pulser here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0tu175y7j...blink4ver2.ino

Please note that it should work on any arduino board with 4 or more PWM pins. For testing, (LED and a resistor)X4 should be used.
                          Ideas and comments welcome. If you can improve this, do so.
                          This is just the beginning of some real life setups. I am milling all four Monsters and there drivers onto one large copper PCB to limit rats nest wire and keep lines short as JohnStone recommended. Also, make sure that when you add the Monsters, that you keep them in the correct firing order (1,2,3,4).
                          Enjoy and Improve
                          Dana
                          G'day Dana
                          Like UFO and others on these threads You are really a work horse.
                          Please what Program do I need to open/read this file.

I am still finishing of some Jobs/work I needed to do and therefore the Projects I am working on are a bit slow I am really wanting to finish all these jobs so I can get onto the P56 motors
                          Please What arduino board are you using or rather which one should I get

Kindest Regards

Comment

• You can use MicroCodeStudio:
                            Free Download MicroCode Studio

freeware and it interprets many codes

Joel

Comment

• Hello and Welcome Lerameur

Originally posted by lerameur View Post
                              HI Dana , I posted a picture of the rotors I have.
                              1) two are 0.8 HP (only one is shown). with 16 sections on the commutator and the lamination
                              2) one 1HP motor , but this one has coils stator. with 40 sections on the commutator and 20 section on the lamination
                              3) one 2HP with 63 sections on the commutator and 21 section on the lamination.
                              4) one 3HP with 63 sections on the commutator and 21 section on the lamination

The bearing is not a big problem to remove, but the commutators are not intended to be removed. Even with a puller it might break. I could put both 63 section commutator on the 2HP motor, but I will run out of shaft lenght... i guess.
                              Which one would you use ?

Joel

Hello and Lerameur,

You've got some nice Machines there, now I would go for the 3HP one, bigger shaft, longer armature core 9more elongated) which will generate more than the rest.
                              Now a 63 element commutator would be used with 21 poles by joining three elements (63/21=3), then you have a 21 element commutator...

I have displayed here previously for Member Smitev72 a 21 poles Machine (P21) Diagram to go by:

[IMG][/IMG]

And...

[IMG][/IMG]

My Two Posts to Smitev72:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post225169

And

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post225239

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• WOw Hello UFOPolitics

Hello Mr UFOPOLITICS.
                                Good to see you and thank you for the nice welcome.

All the motor shown have only two magnets inside (stator) and not 4 like your diagram.

So what you are saying is to take the 3HP motor.

Remove the commutator from the 2HP and put it on the 3HP ?
                                If I do that then I wont have enough shaft left to stick outside, How do you guys go about that? I was thinking of keeping the shaft of the 3HP and switching the lamination from the 2HP. Not sure if its a good idea and if its possible...

these commutators are a Bit$$$ to remove any hints on how to remove them without damaging.

Joel

Comment

Working...
                                X