My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=prochiro;230031]Hello All @ Hitby13kw

I had the program done but noted that there was just a small bit of accuracy loss so I am adding an index to produce exactly perfect play between freq and duty. Sorry for the delay but this has to be correct all the way. Here is a video of the scope shots of where I am at now. Hitby, you should like this. Again, with just blocking out some code in the program you will be able to do 2 brush up to 50% duty, 4 brush up to 25% duty and six brush up to 16.6 duty but remember all this will work as 100% duty.

Imperialcircuit1 001 - YouTube

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]

-----------------------------------------------

Hello Dana, Great work on the PWM and number of channels. These are are now really moving in the direction of NEW HORIZONS.
    I like the Terky saying, "To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before"
    Good luck.

light

Comment

• Outstanding work

@ Dana

Have watched at your video a few times now, the scope shots are perfect - can’t begin to tell you how excited I am, looks like you have designed this to support all levels of UFO’s followers 2, 4, 6 brush etc.

With your DanArduino code pushing Sir John’s Monster PWM Driver loading any type of UFO motor this is a Win – Win - Win

Hitby13kw

Comment

• It's alive

Hello all,

Finally got my motor on a stand with the Genhead, took a quick vid of it running ( just to show that it does) will start doing more testing to take a hard look at power in/out - For this run we did not pulse the gates, they were tied directly to a DC supply putting in 44V @ 23.7 A that’s 1042.8 W the motor was spinning at 2800 RPM with no load on the genhead

Could be better, but it's spinning and relatively balanced. OLD NEW

any and all comments about the UFO motor welcome and wanted,
        for the single to 3 phase converter lookup rotoverter / Hector Torres (this is not the time or place)

Hitby13kw
        Last edited by Hitby13kw; 12-09-2014, 03:41 PM. Reason: Video URL moved

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
          Hello all,

Finally got my motor on a stand with the Genhead, took a quick vid of it running ( just to show that it does) will start doing more testing to take a hard look at power in/out - For this run we did not pulse the gates, they were tied directly to a DC supply putting in 44V @ 23.7 A that’s 1042.8 W the motor was spinning at 2800 RPM with no load on the genhead

Could be better, but it's spinning and relatively balanced. https://www.dropbox.com/s/arhva7hvvm5eg56/SAM_0139.AVI

any and all comments about the UFO motor welcome and wanted,
          for the single to 3 phase converter lookup rotoverter / Hector Torres (this is not the time or place)

Hitby13kw

Good one Hitby, great first run, congratulations.

One question- what size gen head are you running?

OK, two questions, do you have a temp gun so you can check commutator and coil temps, when you test it further?

Thanks and Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hitby is smokin'

Wow, one serious free energy dude! Congrats!

Update on my 4-stator adjustable brushes, finally ready to go

The concentric rings move estd. 15 deg. relative to each other, and estd. 15 degrees against the motor endplate. That's all I could squeeze out, but I think thats within the amount Ufo is recommending for tuning usually...

Sliding things together, in an alum. tube I am using for a motor body. Fit is kinda tight, estd. .5mm clearance, and I think I have at least that much imprecision on the endplate construction, dang it, everything essentially made by hand, so I know my limits. Ready to bore out the motor body if necessary.

Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Nice job Hitby13kw !
              Do you have some generator specs. I was supprised to see it outputting at that low RPM.
              What size bulb was that?

Comment

• WOW Hitby
                You certainly have been busy. That motor sounds good. More questions about the motor later but as your RPM is much lower than 3600, I and Cornboy would like to know more about the gen head. Size, name, recommended RPM, that kind of stuff. My gen head is vary old and would not produce any power on that low of RPM. Its all about the power and it looks like you will have some lower amps also in the near future. Excellent first run and may there be many more.
                Dana
                Last edited by prochiro; 04-28-2013, 11:20 PM. Reason: sp
                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Massive.

Hello everyone, UFO has lately been mentioning about the flywheel hammering effect, that wee all have not been using, so far.

I just wanted to share a little thing that happened to me yesterday while milling feed. I grow, harvest, dry, store and mill my own grains for feeding free-range layers for eggs. while i was using my 40 yr old grain cracker, which has a cast iron dual pulley and an added cast iron flywheel, it suddenly jammed and stopped, well the electric motor just hummed till it tripped the overload button.

On investigation i found it wasn't hard to turn over by hand, and certainly wasn't blocked phisically, but just by chance ( Wooooo) i turned it backwards a little and felt a clunk.

The flywheel, which is held tight with just a grub screw and no keyway, had come loose.

When i pushed the reset button the first time, the motor just started to turn and then tripped the overload, i tightened the flywheel grub screw and Bingo, it started and never looked back.

WOW, a first hand example of how important a simple added mass can be.

Anyway's just thought i'd share.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• generator specs

@ Cornboy – the gen head is rated for 10kw and yes we will show temp it future runs, inspirational story about the flywheel, it would be easy enough to add one between the Imperial & the gen head – how much mass & what HP motor is on your mill?

@ sampojo – Wow such precision work, you do small - Cornboy will do Big

@ Zardox – I was surprised as you to find it started to self-excite at that slow speed, the load light plugged in was 100W (it didn’t seem to care that it was only getting 47 CPS AC) if you were just doing lighting or needed off grid power this might be OK, but I wouldn’t plug in sensitive electronics until we regulate speed.

@ Dana – Thanks for the encouraging words, I’ve no doubt that your gen head will do just fine once your DanArduino code is online.
                    You want to know about the generator, valid question – it is made to be turned @ 3600 RPM by a 16-20 HP gas engine. You saw that it does start to put out power @ 2800 RPM but to get full power out we need to plan on the 3600 RPM expected – full specs can be found here. So no need to run out to Harbor Freight and buy this gen head (it’s not special) I’m going to have to spin it @ 3600 to get 60 cycles out just like everyone else. . . However . . . Another possible solution (and this may simplify some of the issues of the project) Don’t be concerned about holding the RPM @ 3600 so that we have 60 cycle AC (it wouldn’t be in phase with the grid anyway), we should take the output of whatever gen head we use, run it into a full wave bridge rectifier, convert it to DC, than take this DC as an input to an inverter. Think of all the photovoltaic cells connected to Grid tied inverters; this is a standard piece of off the shelf equipment – no need for us to redesign the wheel, let it be the final inverters job to convert DC to 60 cycles AC.

All the best team,

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Flywheel.

Hello Hitby, the electric motor is 3hp 1370rpm 240V ac 50hz, my guess of flywheel weight, about 3-4 kg.

You're suggestion about inverters is interesting, what dc input voltage will a solar panel, grid tie inverter accept, don't know anything about them.

Rectified dc from gen would be around 135v for you guys, and about 265v for me. Standard battery inverters seem to be either 12v or 24v dc input.

Regards Cornboy.

PS. 10kw ? i thought you were after 13kw.
                      Last edited by Cornboy 555; 04-30-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Inverters.

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
                        @ Cornboy – the gen head is rated for 10kw and yes we will show temp it future runs, inspirational story about the flywheel, it would be easy enough to add one between the Imperial & the gen head – how much mass & what HP motor is on your mill?

@ sampojo – Wow such precision work, you do small - Cornboy will do Big

@ Zardox – I was surprised as you to find it started to self-excite at that slow speed, the load light plugged in was 100W (it didn’t seem to care that it was only getting 47 CPS AC) if you were just doing lighting or needed off grid power this might be OK, but I wouldn’t plug in sensitive electronics until we regulate speed.

@ Dana – Thanks for the encouraging words, I’ve no doubt that your gen head will do just fine once your DanArduino code is online.
                        You want to know about the generator, valid question – it is made to be turned @ 3600 RPM by a 16-20 HP gas engine. You saw that it does start to put out power @ 2800 RPM but to get full power out we need to plan on the 3600 RPM expected – full specs can be found here. So no need to run out to Harbor Freight and buy this gen head (it’s not special) I’m going to have to spin it @ 3600 to get 60 cycles out just like everyone else. . . However . . . Another possible solution (and this may simplify some of the issues of the project) Don’t be concerned about holding the RPM @ 3600 so that we have 60 cycle AC (it wouldn’t be in phase with the grid anyway), we should take the output of whatever gen head we use, run it into a full wave bridge rectifier, convert it to DC, than take this DC as an input to an inverter. Think of all the photovoltaic cells connected to Grid tied inverters; this is a standard piece of off the shelf equipment – no need for us to redesign the wheel, let it be the final inverters job to convert DC to 60 cycles AC.

All the best team,

Hitby13kw

Thanks Hitby, i did some quick research into grid tie inverters and what you posted is correct, for instance SMA make a 5000w transformerless inverter that will accept 175 - 500v DC from solar panels, and output a steady 240v ac 50hz 18 amp 97% efficiency.

These are not cheap, around $2900.00, but certainly are an option until we have proper control of prime mover, under different loads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                          PS. 10kw ? i thought you were after 13kw.
                          you are a funny man, don’t get me started . ..

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Yes you would "hit" those 13 Kwatts...Ufopolitics
                          we will get that and more . . .

hitby13kw
                          Last edited by Hitby13kw; 04-30-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• PV Inverters

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                            Thanks Hitby, i did some quick research into grid tie inverters and what you posted is correct, for instance SMA make a 5000w transformerless inverter that will accept 175 - 500v DC from solar panels, and output a steady 240v ac 50hz 18 amp 97% efficiency.

These are not cheap, around $2900.00, but certainly are an option until we have proper control of prime mover, under different loads.

@Cornboy – There are several manufactures’ of grid tied inverters on the market, I will only speak about ones I’ve installed, the full Manual and DataSheet . . . . as you found out in your investigation they will take a wide range of DC power in, yet have a nice consistent output and they can be found to support either 50 or 60 hz.

You are correct they may be a bit high in price, but when you consider that the ROI and lifecycle figures of a standard PV system are now coming in to the “Doable by the common man” range and that a “UFO solar system” can be put in a dark corner of you basement and it will be running 24x7 instead of only working in daylight hours, plus we can put a standard PV cell on the roof to keep a 12V battery charged to run the Arduino (just so we can say “our system is solar”)

This may be the direction of my quest,

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Good, Great to see You are back!

Originally posted by machinealive
                              Hi everyone

I set up Mecc alte, constant dc, just to get things running.

Here is setup
                              http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTsk7xYW8E

Here is alte running
                              http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHzAnflDhHw

Here is a vid in dark to see that lights are on

http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-EY6PlInU

Peace

Hey, my Dear Friend Machine!!

Is Grreat to have you back!

Take a look at video links...can't see them..."Server Not Found" message.

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• mecc alte

Hi everyone'

Here are some vids of the mecc alte setup. not much but i'm going to start loading more, and put a 40 amp breaker across gen.

Mecca alte setup #1 - YouTube

mecc alte running
                                Mecc alte with small load - YouTube

at night to see lighting
                                Mecc alte - YouTube

peace

Comment

Working...
                                X