Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...ps36841970.jpg

Here is a scope shot showing two of the four pulses of the Quadpulser. The scope only has two leads or channels so that's all that shows. Actually there is four with the other two placed between the ones showing here. This spreads out the current used to power the motor into four 1/4 sections which lowers the overall amps used and causes the push/ pull effect of the rotor/stator to be constant at all times for faster RPM and more torque. This can be done with any number of input lines into your motor/Machine.
    Dana
    Last edited by prochiro; 04-24-2013, 01:06 AM. Reason: Add jpg
    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Arduino QuadBlink replication

Thanks again Dana, was able to get to my lab tonight, load your QuadBlink1 code into my Arduino Uno – it worked without a hitch.
      Great job, once again Thanks for sharing.

My replication of your work can be seen @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/utvplenuu7idgb1/SAM_0137.AVI

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Great Work My Friends!!

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
        Thanks again Dana, was able to get to my lab tonight, load your QuadBlink1 code into my Arduino Uno – it worked without a hitch.
        Great job, once again Thanks for sharing.

My replication of your work can be seen @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/utvplenuu7idgb1/SAM_0137.AVI

Hitby13kw
        Hello and great to have you back Hitby13kw!

Yes, that light...virtually moving in a sequential fashion...is all we need to move our beast through the amplification of the Monster Modules...

Superb work Dana has done here!...as yours in this excellent testing!.

I don't know about you guys...but I can see that rotor spinning at the rhythm of those small LED's

It is great to see how you are going on, in your own, just based on "A Theory"...and I am sorry I am not making this replications as it should be done...but know what?...I feel like I am there with you all the time...guiding you and enjoying your excellent builds!

On the Technical side Guys...(and something I am worried about...cause we have not discuss it prior) is to make sure the "Loop"(or "reset" like Dana call it)...from 4 back to 1, once a run is done in the same exact parameters as between the others...that will guarantee a smooth transition on this main loop...the rest is just a "repeating" of the same sequence...just accelerating or decreasing speed by the off times between.

Thanks much for all you guys are doing here...

God Bless You.

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello UFO
          No worry. As number four goes off, number one starts as if it is a continuous line of pulses. Once it is going, you cant tell where number one is, just a long chain of events.
          Dana

PS @ JohnStone
          If you stop by here to check in, just know that you and your family are in our hearts and prayers always.
          Last edited by prochiro; 04-24-2013, 03:16 PM. Reason: PS
          "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Arduino HexBlink replication (Cornboy)

@ Cornboy - As Dana stated, this can drive up to 6 ports https://www.dropbox.com/s/865yvbhg6iv8kyj/SAM_0138.AVI

@ UFO – Thanks for acknowledging my replication.

@ Dana – Do you foresee any difficulties incorporating yourBlink code with NicoPWMSwitch, so that we can also adjust the duty cycle?

Hitby13kw

Comment

• I'll Get There.

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
              @ Cornboy - As Dana stated, this can drive up to 6 ports https://www.dropbox.com/s/865yvbhg6iv8kyj/SAM_0138.AVI

@ UFO – Thanks for acknowledging my replication.

@ Dana – Do you foresee any difficulties incorporating yourBlink code with NicoPWMSwitch, so that we can also adjust the duty cycle?

Hitby13kw

Thanks Hitby, very kind of you, i can hardly wait to finish the MAG3 build and try this pulsing method.

The Arduino i have is a micro, and i will have a plug in base hooked up to the JS Monsters.

I work best when i am fresh in the morning, unfortunately from dawn to dusk at this time of year is for planting Garlic by hand.

I'm not built or wired like UFO, who survives on little sleep, i need a lot more to function properly, so working on my build at night after a 12 hr, hard phisical day, is not an easy thing for me, but i am starting to push it a bit more now.

Thanks for your time Hitby, it looks like you and DANA will handle the electronic side of things easily, Great Work Guy's.

All The Best, Cornboy

Comment

• @ Hitby13kw
                You are a vary funny boy. What is 1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4? The most duty that you can have is 24.999 as any more is overlapping...wont work that well. But four 1/4 duty cycles ...end to end....=100%. Like an automatic transmission ,no need to shift. Just change frequency. The pot method is smoother in this case and less of a fuss and will not stall at half speed. I can do a program with the buttons if you want but as duty is automatic 25%, only two are needed to adjust freq.
                Dana
                Good to see you are thinking though.
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• I want it all - I think . . . .

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  Good to see you are thinking though.

@ Dana – Thanks for the nice words - I might want to rent your Avatar from you for a few days . . . .

You do have a good point, want a narrower pulse – just raise the frequency.

But what if I wanted to hold the frequency steady (@ a sweat spot) then lower the duty cycle from 25% to say 10% or less (to idle under a no load condition) for example.
                  My guess would be the result should dramatically bring down the current draw, what are your thoughts?

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Arduino and Monster Driver circuit question

Dana,

Been studying the circuits a bit and have this question. So Just to get the big picture here, you HAVE to use an arduino with the Monster driver circuit bc it does not have signal generation capability, e.g. a 555 timer? And of course you want to use it to incorporate the delays in pulsing Ufo talked about a few pages back?

Keep on truckin' Dana, doing fantastic.

Judging on UFO's solenoid pulsing video, do you expect amp draw to be held down in the range of 50%?
                    Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Setup

@ Hitby13kw
                      I am sorry, I was not thinking of all other applications of this system such as motors other than the Imperial. Actually, if you want to change both duty and frequency, that is exactly what the previous program is and that is the one I was using on the last Imperial video. If you do not have it let me know and I will get it to you in all its glory.

@Sampogo
                      Yes you are seeing the picture now. The Arduino produces the most perfect square wave I have yet seen and is most adaptable and rugged of all. The signal is less than 5 volts so we need to send the one or more signals from the PWM pins, to the Monster primary board to be jacked up to the voltage that will hit the fets in the driver section vary hard and fast. Another reason for the Arduino is that those dirty spikes and noise from other parts of the circuit and the fets, cause the 555 based systems to eventually have problems. Arduino is clean control.
                      Once the primary Monster (first half) has a good perfect signal of the correct voltage for your fets, the signal is passed to the driver section to fire the fets and with all those diodes on the driver, the spikes are prevented from returning to the primary (first half) Because the Arduino signal is opto isolated from the rest it is also safe.

Image of one quarter of setup from PWM1

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3f376a63.jpg

The idea is that we know we can pulse just one Imperial input and use eight or less Amps (this is good). When we add more inputs to Imperial and use the same signal at the same time the resistance goes up and so does the Amps. By separating the input lines with each having there own signal and they are in time offset, the Amps will be less and should be less than half of what we are now using to drive the Imperial. Just where those Amps will be will soon (within 10 days) be tested out and we will all know. I am milling more boards now and as I use four fets per Imperial input for safety, that is 16 fets on eight fet boards and 4 primary boards, and you think you have wires running all over. I could use half of that amount but will overbuild as larger motors are on the horizon. I, like UFO, have the desire for more power. I have larger gen heads waiting for larger motors, just need to get the setup correct first.

Keep working, everybody, and ask questions if you have them as if you stumble on just one idea, that is where you will sit...

Thanks
                      Dana
                      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hi friends!
                        see link.
                        Proposal for delayed signal generator with Arduino.
                        All the best
                        JohnS
                        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• pulsing Imperial motor circuits

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                          The idea is that we know we can pulse just one Imperial input and use eight or less Amps (this is good). When we add more inputs to Imperial and use the same signal at the same time the resistance goes up and so does the Amps. By separating the input lines with each having there own signal and they are in time offset, the Amps will be less and should be less than half of what we are now using to drive the Imperial. Just where those Amps will be will soon (within 10 days) be tested out and we will all know. I am milling more boards now and as I use four fets per Imperial input for safety, that is 16 fets on eight fet boards and 4 primary boards, and you think you have wires running all over. I could use half of that amount but will overbuild as larger motors are on the horizon. I, like UFO, have the desire for more power. I have larger gen heads waiting for larger motors, just need to get the setup correct first.

Keep working, everybody, and ask questions if you have them as if you stumble on just one idea, that is where you will sit...

Thanks
                          Dana
                          Am myself just starting to work with a 4-stator motor build, and am trying to comprehend all the options available on powering the 2 motor brush-pairs and tapping the generator ones. Have trouble understanding P1, P-15, nomenclature and connections until I try it myself I guess. They need to be called something for communication purposes I suppose, but I keep think of the rotor poles or coil pairs and say, what about pole P-2 or coil-pair P-2 or P-3, or P-n up to P-28, and say anyone of those will be hitting any particular brush set. Oh well, got to call it something, let me know if I have some basic misconception.

But just getting the other motor brush input fired non-simultaneously with a delay is not increasing the resistance/amperage?

So I am assuming that means the two motoring brush-pairs are not wired in parallel or series, but independent, accepting independent pulses from arduino-monster-driver channel combination. (Call me the village idiot, but I think I just repeated what you said ) Now I got to start looking at the monster driver circuit again for this independent circuitry, or does it just take 2 monster driver circuits? I guess that is what your hand diagram is saying. But you are showing 4 PWMs. Is that for a future design (bigger machine, not the imperial)? We are talking about just inputting power to motor brush-pair sets, of which the imperial only has 2. So I assume you are using 2 monster driver circuits... and only 2, one for each motor brush pair?

This all goes along with Ufo's air hammer comparison and description of how his electric motors convert electromagnetic pulses into mechanical energy.
                          Last edited by sampojo; 04-26-2013, 05:28 AM. Reason: clarification
                          Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Hello Sampojo

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                            Am myself just starting to work with a 4-stator motor build, and am trying to comprehend all the options available on powering the 2 motor brush-pairs and tapping the generator ones. Have trouble understanding P1, P-15, nomenclature and connections until I try it myself I guess. They need to be called something for communication purposes I suppose, but I keep think of the rotor poles or coil pairs and say, what about pole P-2 or coil-pair P-2 or P-3, or P-n up to P-28, and say anyone of those will be hitting any particular brush set. Oh well, got to call it something, let me know if I have some basic misconception.
                            Hello Sampojo,

Yes, you've got it right...and well, we could call them Gates or "G's"...instead of "Pairs" or "P's"...now the numbers are relative, we are following the order we started winding this Machines...or P1, it refers to the way we divide the 360º Quadrant, it has worked out so far for our understanding... at Imperial -for example- we know that P15 is located exactly at 180º apart from P1, as P8 is at 90º from either P1 and P15...and 180º apart from P22...take a look at my Diagrams to confirm this.

And yes, all pairs get fired here...like P2...or P5, etc,etc...so it is just a reference to follow.

But just getting the other motor brush input fired non-simultaneously with a delay is not increasing the resistance/amperage?
                            It shouldn't...because we are using the same Input source, same amperage and voltage...we are turning off one Gate, while we turn On the following one ...so there can never be two or more Gates being fired simultaneously, like we have been doing so far....but...just One at a time...

It is just like feeding the Machine with only One Gate/Brush Pair...but "rotating" it... in Time and Space around the whole 360º Quadrant...The difference is that by doing this...we are hitting target points along rotation with just one "Virtually Moving Gate"....creating an acceleration and torque by the frequency we "hit" those specific spots.

Imagine...(I love that word...)...Imagine We are all "Super Mechanical Engineers"...and we have designed/developed a "Type of Sophisticated Firing Mechanism" that could rotate around rotor shaft/commutator/receiver (not "necessarily" at Rotor Speed but following same direction)...and just "making contact/feeding coils" at certain points/degrees of the commutator...well, same thing above...but we are doing it "Electronically" not Mechanically.

EDIT 1: This example applies when On Times do NOT have a "common shared time" between them in the square wave signal....and that is what we are looking for...the simulation with the LED's is excellent...we just "see" one "virtual" light moving from one LED to the other...no two led's on at same time is the idea to achieve lowest amperage draw.

So I am assuming that means the two motoring brush-pairs are not wired in parallel or series, but independent, accepting independent pulses from arduino-monster-driver channel combination. (Call me the village idiot, but I think I just repeated what you said ) Now I got to start looking at the monster driver circuit again for this independent circuitry, or does it just take 2 monster driver circuits? I guess that is what your hand diagram is saying. But you are showing 4 PWMs. Is that for a future design (bigger machine, not the imperial)? We are talking about just inputting power to motor brush-pair sets, of which the imperial only has 2. So I assume you are using 2 monster driver circuits... and only 2, one for each motor brush pair?
                            Yes...that is correct, they are fed independently here...not interconnected between them...otherwise the "Single Virtually Moving Gate" Effect could not take place.

Like I have written before...Input and Output...or Motor and Generator Gates...are also relative terms...we do get an output IF We need it from either ones...they are exactly the same I/O...so we could feed them by either ones.

In Imperial-like at any Two or Four Brush/Four Stator Motor structure- IF We require Full Power to satisfy an Application (like we do to run Symmetric Generator Heads...or simply in a Power Tool...we need a "Faster Speed" to drill-Impact a wall)...then we go Full Power, feeding all gates ...then we want to use all four gates as Input, by feeding them in the order/polarity they respond in order to achieve rotation by feeding all four....BUT, in Higher driving requirements -like Imperial- IF We do it linearly or even pulsing them at SAME TIME...then Commutators WILL Overheat...and Amperage will raise to the skies...as our FET's will fry "crispy" due to the High Voltage Negative Feedback Spikes... ...that is why this Four Gates Feeding Independently separated by a off/dead time....and using Monster Drivers where capable FET's receive signal through Opto Electronics...not allowing to damage microprocessors or oscillators... Thanks to the excellent design of Mr John Stone.

This all goes along with Ufo's air hammer comparison and description of how his electric motors convert electromagnetic pulses into mechanical energy.
                            Yes, exactly that...and We have not build, yet, a "Dedicated Asymmetrical Rotor Structure" where the "Hammering Effect" is really "devastating"...so there would not be a single Symmetrical Generator Head that they can not turn "easily"...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM.
                            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Neexxt.

Hello UFO, and all, what would a dedicated asymmetrical rotor structure look like dimension wise?, large dia compared to length? like a large pancake design? plenty of flywheel effect?

Just curious, because already have next build in my head, when i have finished testing present MAG3 build.

I know, grass is greener.

Warm regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                                Hello UFO, and all, what would a dedicated asymmetrical rotor structure look like dimension wise?, large dia compared to length? like a large pancake design? plenty of flywheel effect?

Just curious, because already have next build in my head, when i have finished testing present MAG3 build.

I know, grass is greener.

Warm regards Cornboy.

Hello Cornboy,

Yes, exactly that "Main Concept"...in order to have a longer "Arm/Handle" for our "Pairs Hammers"...

Coils to be located at the very outer diameter of rotor core...very close to stators (like is supposed to be)...but limited by a structural ring to prevent wires to be at mid-center of armature/rotor.

To tease your Mechanical Imagination side...figure we could also have "Sliding Balancing Counterweights"...attracted by the interacting magnetic fields from firing Coils in the Quadrant...

Apart from this...did you understand better now, the off times signals with my post above?

Warm Regards Friend

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X