X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No...

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
    Hello UFO
    On that gen head, the voltage was going up fast while I went from 3000 to 3490 RPM. In that the setup was set as it was, I just ran out of ability to raise RPM just 100 more. From what I was seeing, that little extra RPM will shoot voltage to max.
    If I understand you correctly, direct feed P1 and P15 but with switch on P15. I will set it up with switches on all P's and record data.
    Dana
    Dana,

What I was referring to, is the same connection you had before, as diagram...where you were turning on JUST P15 with pulser.

Instead of pulser use switch, then read RPM's...that's all...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Direct feed P15

Hello UFO
      I put the switch in place of the Monster and the RPM was exactly the same, 3490. The generator output last nite, late, and now is 88 Volts. Lite is bright but could it possibly be that the generator is only working on say half the coils, it is an old one from a rental facility.??
      Dana
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Ok...

Hello UFO
        Hello Dana,
        OK, let's see...

I put the switch in place of the Monster and the RPM was exactly the same, 3490.
        Ok, so the pulser is perfectly fine...

The generator output last nite, late, and now is 88 Volts. Lite is bright but could it possibly be that the generator is only working on say half the coils, it is an old one from a rental facility.??
        Dana
        It could be many things Dana...and the fact that came from a Rental Facility...adds even more...makes it a bit high mileage on it.

I could start a "Questionnaire" on troubleshooting it...but, I will stay within the basics...

Like I told you before...at 3490 RPM's...it should give you anywhere between 110 to 120V just by measuring its output without any load on...now, did you do that?...or the 70-88V was with load (Lamp) ON?

When You connected the Lamp...did it changed (lowered) RPM's?...did you heard a clamping noise from Gen Rotor?

I have no idea what type of Gen is...Brushless or it has slip ring with brushes to feed Stator-Rotor?... troubleshooting is completely different...as they are different machines (Brush-no brushes)...

If it is a Brushed type, with slip rings...this type excites by having residual magnetism on its Rotor-Stator...now, if it lost it or got weaker in magnetic force...then those are the symptoms...low-poor output...as it can not excite the generating fields properly...starting the cycle.

So let me know what you have there...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello UFO
          Just now I added one more battery for a total of 60 volts. RPM went to 4010 and the amps went to 8, yes eight. The generator was putting out 138 volts and I assume I could load it to 29 amps due to the RPM. The only thing that was missing is the Monster attached and I know it will work as I have tested it up to 72 volts. Party time soon.
          Dana
          "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Great!

Hello UFO
            Just now I added one more battery for a total of 60 volts. RPM went to 4010 and the amps went to 8, yes eight. The generator was putting out 138 volts and I assume I could load it to 29 amps due to the RPM. The only thing that was missing is the Monster attached and I know it will work as I have tested it up to 72 volts. Party time soon.
            Dana
            Hello Dana,

Wow that is awesome!...

What I would like, is that you make sure the Meter is reading DC Amps...and not AC...AC Amps are lower than DC.

Monster could take 60 Volts?...that would be awesome...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hello UFO
              The Monster can do 72 volts and no heat anywhere,I have done the tests that far. After several attempts to video, the Imperial commutators were also just warm to the touch. The meter is an analog in line with a shunt and is reading DC 12 inches from the positive post output of battery. The video below was taken with weak batteries. Maybe we just need more volts, the Imperial seems to like it and the Monster can handle it. JohnStone has done one tremendous job. When I go downstairs to look at the Imperial, I keep hearing a soft voice saying "Load me up, I can do it, Load me up, I can do it."
              Enjoy
              Imperial Connections3 - YouTube

Dana
              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hello UFO
                That last video with the generator clamp coming loose caused me to think that maybe I should fasten things for some real testing. I would also like to take the motor down and recheck all internal conditions and bolts just to be safe.
                You are the master of this tech. but I was wondering about if we increased the overall potential voltage, as long as the Monster can handle it, that we can then lower the duty cycle and reduce amps rather than running the duty up to 95% as it is now to get RPM. Sixty volts seems to give the base power needed so we could take advantage of our ability to raise duty if needed under load rather than already at max duty cycle at start. This would give the Arduino the ability to kick the Imperials butt if sensors said it was necessary as load dictated. This might also, using more batteries give better run times before dropping voltage. I know that battery system swap or recharge is in the works but more batteries would reduce the stress on them and not shorten there lifespan. If it works, whats a couple more batteries and or caps.
                Dana
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  Hello UFO
                  Hello there Dana!

The Monster can do 72 volts and no heat anywhere,I have done the tests that far. After several attempts to video, the Imperial commutators were also just warm to the touch. The meter is an analog in line with a shunt and is reading DC 12 inches from the positive post output of battery.

The video below was taken with weak batteries. Maybe we just need more volts, the Imperial seems to like it and the Monster can handle it. JohnStone has done one tremendous job. When I go downstairs to look at the Imperial, I keep hearing a soft voice saying "Load me up, I can do it, Load me up, I can do it."
                  Enjoy
                  Imperial Connections3 - YouTube

Dana
                  Definitively John Stone has made an EXCELLENT work there!!

Wow, yes, very nice video!...Imperial seems not to even "bother" with that Gen Head load...

Get one of your DMM's that could read Hertz...and connect it to the Gen Head output...it should keep reading within the 58 to 62 hertz range.

What happens is...IF Imperial is turning too high RPM's (above 3600-3800) it will blow any appliance/bulbs or else that is not 'over-rated' to "survive" a Higher than 60 Hertz frequency output, like a 500 Watts...then nothing would happen. (I blew a few 40-60-100 watts lamps with Imperial going over the RPM's...without the proper driver)

This is the main reason why we need a fast response speed controller, driving Imperial-Generator Head. (In this case we have a nice Arduino Microprocessor/Software) In order to raise without passing over the rated Max speed range...or decrease speed not dropping below spec's on the Min Speed.

So, what am saying...is that you are ok so far in speed...however, you will only know for sure when you take Gen Head to a very close Surge Output...like 1800 Watts Load or so.

I am also reminding you to keep the generator output loaded EVENLY-BALANCED from the two separated Generating Coils it should have...so, when you load say 1000W...split them in two 500/500 per outlet.

You are doing a heck of a job my friend!!

Regards and

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Imperial UFO style

Hello UFO
                    The hertz is steady at 58. Right now the two generator lines are together giving one sum. What you are saying is to split each one onto separate electrical plugs. I will put the pulser back in as it makes no difference except we will be able to control RPM and reduce Amps. Looks like in the AM I am going to the electrical supply store to get some boxes and plugs.
                    Dana
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• I agree with you 100%

Hello UFO
                      That last video with the generator clamp coming loose caused me to think that maybe I should fasten things for some real testing. I would also like to take the motor down and recheck all internal conditions and bolts just to be safe.
                      Yes definitively I will do that...did you ever fasten better the Brush Housings small 440 bolts?

You are the master of this tech. but I was wondering about if we increased the overall potential voltage, as long as the Monster can handle it, that we can then lower the duty cycle and reduce amps rather than running the duty up to 95% as it is now to get RPM. Sixty volts seems to give the base power needed so we could take advantage of our ability to raise duty if needed under load rather than already at max duty cycle at start. This would give the Arduino the ability to kick the Imperials butt if sensors said it was necessary as load dictated. This might also, using more batteries give better run times before dropping voltage. I know that battery system swap or recharge is in the works but more batteries would reduce the stress on them and not shorten there lifespan. If it works, whats a couple more batteries and or caps.
                      Dana

Agree there 100% my friend!...definitively we should head towards that direction.

Realize that we are stepping here into "unknown" grounds...we are FIRST searching for the right parameters that we could work 'not stressing' components in this set up...and yes, once that we know Max Amp Draw/Right Idling Speed as other response from Gen Head, like Frequency top/low reach,etc...then we could make a dedicated/specific battery bank...with the calculated amp/hour rated batteries depending on our Prime Mover consumption....plus setting up the specific program codes to handle all the 'Tronics' Drivers.

We need to find an "idling" speed range protocol...where an Acceleration/Increase will be the fastest and closest distance to reach as Load demands...then reset back to Idle speed. This is VERY Important.

Have you ever worked in or seen a BMS? (Battery Management System)
                      This "things" are awesome...they handle the management of Batteries at a "Per Cell" fashion...and keeps balancing the output demand...as the charging system...PLUS...they also handle the Motor Controller Supply (BMS Supply the Power (Source) to Controller or ESC.)...and of course...the great quality ones drive the FET's per Optic Isolated drivers...just like the excellent Monster Pulser from Sir John Stone...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Gen Head Output...

Hello UFO
                        The hertz is steady at 58.
                        Hey Dana,

That is excellent!...58 hertz is a 'relaxed' frequency...awesome!

Right now the two generator lines are together giving one sum. What you are saying is to split each one onto separate electrical plugs.
                        Generator Head should have four wires coming out from the gen coils (not the exciting ones!, be careful there...exciter have finer wire)...two of the four are supposed to be black (or red)...and two whites...normally they join the two whites and use it as a "common" one to all...while the blacks are the "live" ones, carrying each 120V...then they split to each outlet banks with the common white.

What I was saying is...IF You have two 500Watts Bulbs...do not plug them both in the same outlet side (with same black wire load)

240V are the two blacks and the white as common...

Note: If your Gen only have two wires to outlets...then is just one coil pair...so disregard this explanation.

I will put the pulser back in as it makes no difference except we will be able to control RPM and reduce Amps. Looks like in the AM I am going to the electrical supply store to get some boxes and plugs.
                        Dana

Oh boy!!...lower the amps even more?...

Yeah drop'em to the floor man!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Dana,You go Man

You are rockin'!! Man this is excitin'!!

RAH, RAH, ZIF BOOM BAH. Thats all I can do is cheerlead ...
                          Last edited by sampojo; 04-16-2013, 03:43 AM.
                          Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Hey...

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                            You are rockin'!! Man this is excitin'!!

RAH, RAH, ZIF BOOM BAH. Thats all I can do is cheerlead ...
                            Hey Sampojo...

Are you excited?

Well...Did You like that Five Poles Dual Penta?...Yes?...No?...Maybe?...Not Sure?

So...hold on to your socks...and pants...

I will display tomorrow "An Enhanced Dual Penta"...Power, Speed and Torque beyond Imagination...This only "exist" so far in Science Fiction ...
                            And amperage?...Amperage?...what TF is that??!!...

See ya tomorrow...still have to test it more...it is for a Super Hammer Drill Video coming soon to a Theater near You...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Anxious.

Great Work!@! DANA, very smart to stop and check everything, may prevent nasty downtime.

Can't wait to see you load that gen head!!.

Warm regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Double anxious.

Wooo, SCI-- FI, super hammer drill, Can't wait for that one either, UFO.

You Guy's are awsome!!

Best whishes Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X