• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cw - Ccw ?

Howdy All,
    What if Dana only has a digital watch?

Comment

• Hello UFO
      We may have a winner as when I look straight down at shaft, she goes CCW. I was looking at it from the other end.
      Dana
      Last edited by prochiro; 04-06-2013, 09:10 PM.
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• I do not use a watch as I live on universal time and Jewelry scratches patients. When it feels like the time to do something, I do it, if not I don't.
        Dana
        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• @ Dana

Howdy, again,
          That was an old joke, couldnt resist.
          Certainly no offence intended.
          My bad.

Comment

• Hello UFO
            OK, here is the data so far.
            36 volts

P1, P15 Parallel
            4380 RPM @ 15 Amps

P1 only
            4100 RPM @ 15 Amps

Runs smooth
            Starts fast
            Little sparking

These were done straight feed from LA Battery.

Dana
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Great...

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
              Hello UFO
              We may have a winner as when I look straight down at shaft, she goes CCW. I was looking at it from the other end.
              Dana
              That's great Dana!

And, yes, let's use same "convention" on our Machines here...looking with connecting shaft aiming at Us...PC Screen, etc...Unless We specify otherwise.

The "watch expression" is a "relative" concept...you actually do not need a "real One" on your wrist to know when we say "facing to you"...

Going back to your Machine...I know you are happy that it does so great now...but, whenever you want to...I will like to get to the "root/bottom" of whatever happened here...so it serves to many others working on Imperial...in order they do not run into same problems...

Ok, so you reversed Input at P22 (now your new P1)...as well to your new P15 that used to be P8...correct?...so when you fed them both parallel you've got 4100 RPM's CCW, meaning SAME WAY as Machine was running before?...Am I right so far?

When you get a chance...check the way you are getting the Output Polarity from the other Two Gates (Old P1 and P15)
              It should be opposite/reverse to the way you were feeding them prior, when they were running on low RPM's...

Regards...and I am still going on my side, trying to figure out this situation...

Ufopolitics
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Awesomeeee!!!

Hello UFO
                OK, here is the data so far.
                36 volts

P1, P15 Parallel
                4380 RPM @ 15 Amps

P1 only
                4100 RPM @ 15 Amps

Runs smooth
                Starts fast
                Little sparking

These were done straight feed from LA Battery.

Dana

Grreat Dana!!....

She is a winner now...awesome!!

Definitively you are running NOW on Repulsion Mode!!...Excellent
                (Even though I have honestly, not being able to find out "How"...)

I can "just" imagine what will happen when you pulse her now with your Monster...lovely!

Regards

Ufopolitics

EDIT 1

Dana, You did not mess up with your brushes positioning at each End Cap?...meaning, they are still, like they came from factory, at 90º apart from each others...right?
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-06-2013, 11:37 PM.
                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello UFO
                  I have it now wired just like your diagram, My new P1 is your ole P1. Let me explain, you wont believe this. When I was 6 weeks old, I was sitting on my moms lap while dad was driving the car. We had just gone into town to get some plow points and they were sitting on the car floor in a open box. Dad hit the brakes when a truck pulled in front of us and I flew head first into the box on the floor. A point went thru my head we went to a nearby hospital and all seemed well after that until I got older. I can not remember most peoples names and have in most cases only pictures as detail memory. The strange thing is that my pictures are backwords. I try to turn the picture around but get messed up a lot. As I finally got the Imperial going fast, I looked back at your drawings and saw them the way you drew them. I had a heck of a time with JohnStones Monster.
                  Speaking of that Monster, I will try to get everything back on track with the pulser tomorrow.
                  Dana
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Dana...

Hello UFO
                    I have it now wired just like your diagram, My new P1 is your ole P1. Let me explain, you wont believe this. When I was 6 weeks old, I was sitting on my moms lap while dad was driving the car. We had just gone into town to get some plow points and they were sitting on the car floor in a open box. Dad hit the brakes when a truck pulled in front of us and I flew head first into the box on the floor. A point went thru my head we went to a nearby hospital and all seemed well after that until I got older. I can not remember most peoples names and have in most cases only pictures as detail memory. The strange thing is that my pictures are backwords. I try to turn the picture around but get messed up a lot. As I finally got the Imperial going fast, I looked back at your drawings and saw them the way you drew them. I had a heck of a time with JohnStones Monster.
                    Speaking of that Monster, I will try to get everything back on track with the pulser tomorrow.
                    Dana
                    Oh Dana, sorry to hear that sad story of your childhood!
                    The good thing though...is that you get to "recognize" your Picture Reading trouble...and are able to fix it (like you just did now)...and that is a Big Plus!!

When We have "A Problem" but do not get to recognize it, identify that we DO Have it...then that is a big time issue.
                    Fortunately you went above that...so it will be reducing with time, my friend.

So, disregard all previous Posts I have written trying to troubleshoot your Machine...

I will have to go over now with Hitby13kw Machine...

Prochiro's "Case" CLOSED!!...Beautiful!

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-06-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic!

GREAT work, you two, BRAVO!!!.

WARMEST REGARDS,

Cornboy.

Comment

• The "Latest News" Reader...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                        Great stuff UFO, Thanks, Your the MAN.

It really is probable that the magnets are incorrecty placed in the housings.

On another note UFO, you have been hinting we may need less resistance in our coils, in the future? Please elaborate, as i am getting closer to winding my white epoxy rotor, which has given me pains in my arms and upper body after about 10 hrs of heavy duty filing to remove build up, still about another 5 hrs to go!

This S-it is like soft glass!

Regards Everyone, Cornboy.

Hello my friend,

Yes I did say that...and it is about same thing I have been repeating here and on my first thread on this Forum...keep resistance values low...

Now when I repeated that to "even lower levels"...was when I was testing the rear jumper External Circuit on some models I have been working on...it reduces the Amperage draw to also very low levels...and already a Member here tested and have great results in low amps...

Now, your Machine remains same as I told you before...keep them low, a range between 1.0 ohm max to 0.6 to 0.5 on the low side...PER PAIR.

One thing you should do, is measure your brushes resistance (longitudinally, like the way they transmit electrical flow...and make sure they are low type resistance...or will "kill" the effect.

I have learned that the color/texture of brushes is a fast way to recognize their quality (meaning, very low resistance=High Quality) at simple sight...
                        The best brushes I had seen...all of them have same texture, color...it is more metalized/metallic tending to copper/brownish/reddish color...

Pure Carbon black color brushes, that "paint" like a soft pencil on pure white paper...and very soft texture...are very low quality...

The quality ones are a mixture/alloy of steel, copper and other metals...that's why they have that color/texture...and are very hard.

Imperial have very good, excellent quality brushes...they have like 0.3-0.4 ohms resistance...and can stand extremely hot temperatures.

When you wind your MAG3...don't seal it right away with epoxy...take it for a "test drive spin" linear/straight first, directly from L.A Batteries...and using just 12Volts to trouble shoot as to read parameters.

You are the only one here...on this Thread that can "afford" to go lower as anyone of Us could go...since you have majority of poles/pairs/coils...plus you have wound stators...that in the event of being "too low" you could always connect stator-brushes in series...as you could also connect IN-Out series and parallel...the possibilities with your toy...are endless...my friend...so do not worry...be happy!...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-07-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• After seeing this post from Dana

Hello UFO
                          Let no man or woman say that you do not know your stuff. I treated my old P22 like a P! and put positive into shaft end. That makes a new p1 which is the only line hooked up. She went to 4100 RPM in a heartbeat. Motor rotation is CW. Where do I go from here.
                          Dana
                          I was inspired to try a quick test before opening up the motor, results follow:
                          testing was supplyed by one 12 volt LA battery connected to just one input gate, all other gates were open.
                          gate 1 - 638 RPM - gate 8 - 670 RPM - gate 15 - 660 RPM - gate 22 - 666 RPM
                          Then we reversed the battey connection (swaped + & -)
                          gate 1 - 746 RPM - gate 8 - 775 RPM - gate 15 - 780 RPM - gate 22 - 757 RPM

Not going to speculate much yet but 100 RPM gain for reversing power, maybe my magnets are in backwards, time to head to the shop.

Would love to hear if anyone has any ideas for the difference in output speed from all 4 inputs.

Thanks you all for the number of ideas given to help me out.

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Hello There!!

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
                            After seeing this post from Dana

I was inspired to try a quick test before opening up the motor, results follow:
                            testing was supplyed by one 12 volt LA battery connected to just one input gate, all other gates were open.
                            gate 1 - 638 RPM - gate 8 - 670 RPM - gate 15 - 660 RPM - gate 22 - 666 RPM
                            Then we reversed the battey connection (swaped + & -)
                            gate 1 - 746 RPM - gate 8 - 775 RPM - gate 15 - 780 RPM - gate 22 - 757 RPM

Not going to speculate much yet but 100 RPM gain for reversing power, maybe my magnets are in backwards, time to head to the shop.

Would love to hear if anyone has any ideas for the difference in output speed from all 4 inputs.

Thanks you all for the number of ideas given to help me out.

Hitby13kw
                            Hello Hitby13kw,

Great to hear from you!

Well, like I explained before...maybe you were on "Attract Mode", and by reversing polarity, it swapped to Repulsion, which is much stronger.
                            That could be an answer...but you are still low on RPM's.

Check the diagrams I have displayed, as my troubleshooting guide...as review your Coils bisector positioning versus your PM Stators Bisectors.

May I ask you...did the motor changed rotation direction when you reversed polarity?

This is important to know...because:

If it did reversed rotation sense...then you were on attract mode, and your Coils-Stators bisectors at Interaction are off, by being either further away from each others creating a weaker force...or too close being in a "Neutral Zone"...neither one is good for machine performance.

Now, dissecting your data we have:

P1 Increase when reversed was=108
                            P8=105
                            P15=120
                            P22=91

So, P1-P15 were your higher gates...keep using them as main feed to adjust timing.

Now, try this...

Loosen the two long bolts (just a bit, not taking them off, but enough to allow rotating your end caps while holding on stator frame. ...then rotate them EVENLY Clock Wise... ..looking at Motor from from connecting shaft side, as also your imaginary clock (just in case you also, like Dana, do not have one on your wrist...)

The move just need to be like 5 to 8º...just make sure, brushes are linearly aligned between them.

This is considering your Motor was assembled to run CCW, and has been running CCW all this time (except when reversed poles) like I have oriented.

Then test it again...and probably will not need to reverse polarity....just feed P1 or P15.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 04-07-2013, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Hello UFO,

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              So Now, watch this picture of My Motor below:

[IMG][/IMG]

See the red marker lines in the two stators?...those are the South ones.

So, is that the way your Motors are?... right?

Ufopolitics
                              After comparing your motor above to my system see
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz57hsp8bprof4q/SAM_0069.JPG
                              it seems that the fields are reversed.

This should be able to be resolved with a simple +/- supply reversal, Correct ?

So me thinks there is a second issue with my system.
                              I'll be putting my eyeball on the winding/comm. connection first thing tomorrow AM. will report details as they come in

Many thanks again with the quick responce and detail you (& all others on the team) are giving to resolve my troubles.

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Small Progress.

Hello UFO, and all, got to the point of distraction with filing rotor, so got on with other vital parts of MAG3 build, the pics are, one end cap with independently adjustable brushes, i turned from 30mm thick 200mm dia plate.

The brush holder material is 6mm thick, high temp polyester glass rigid insulation. Boy this stuff is hard to machine, drills ok but in the lathe it blunts HSS instantly.

Still plodding away, Cornboy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Warm Regards, Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X