X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Input I/B

Originally posted by IndianaBoys View Post
    Ufopolitics,

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know all is OK with you!

How about a Tungsten rivet contact:
    Tungsten Rivet Electrical Contacts - Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin - Norstan

or a

COLE HERSEE NEW 200 AMP SOLENOID WITH SILVER-TUNGSTEN CONTACTS
    The improved contacts provide the best available conductivity, and are more weld-resistant than standard silver contacts.
    200 Amp solenoids | Pro Pickup

Also:
    A metal alloy that is liquid at room temperature.
    Chapter 5: Thermodynamics -- A non-toxic liquid metal alloy mercury substitute
    Maybe you could work out a way to substitute this in the place of mercury.

IndianaBoys

Hello there I/B!

Thanks for worrying my friend, I am fine...

The links are awesome, basically the one that sells Tungsten small contacts!!...that is awesome!...we could restore our solenoids to work on this.

As far as the other Liquid Metal...I see it has very low degrees of "holding"...I like Mercury, because it boils over 350 º C...besides Tesla uses it...but the best part...I already tested and it WORKS Excellent!...contacts does not even get warm...just have to get the 'Touch' tuning the pulses...as it has very steep and abrupt responses...I would say it is "Very Sensitive"...but it works awesome...

Warm Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi,

did you know the motor of rev. Antonio D'Angelo?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by corry; 03-13-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Hello Corry

Originally posted by corry View Post
        Hi,

did you know the motor of rev. Antonio D'Angelo?

Hello Corry,

Did You read this Thread entirely?
        As also My Other Thread?

I am not sure in which one We already went over this Patent, in great detail.

This Patent is basically related to Two Symmetrical Windings Interlaced with one commutator up, and other down...if you followed the wiring's you will realize they end up in the same commutator level. However, upper and lower windings are not equal in pole number.

Figure Va shows clearly the Symmetric Quadrant Distribution...

Now, Corry, related to your "Debut" here in this Thread...

I find your post as a Rant, besides not a right "Introduction" of yourself...just a "Hi"...and dropping the pdf patent....sounds like you may have expected that Father D'Angelo's Patent was just "Identical" to mine...right?

Therefore mine...was just a "copy" of such Invention marked a while back in time (1935)...

Well...You were completely Wrong.

That happens to People that first...do not know how to read Motor windings...nor Patents...or even simple Figures...
        That happens to People that "thinking" they will create an "Impact"...and without reading ALL My related Material...proceed just to land here in a Parachute...and make this type of errors...

Your first Post here -a while back (10/2012)- was inquiring about an already displayed Motor Configuration...a seven pole.

Then We never heard from you again...up to now.

I really do not appreciate your "type" of "contributions"...to all of Us working hard here, replicating researching and developing.

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi everyone, glad to hear from you UFO. So, just a little update.

First, I wound a couple large coils, I wanted to try running the motor off radiant. At 36v I could light 5 cfl's but The motor would not turn. I blew the 555 pre-driver, nothing else would burn. So I unhooked the ground from the opto input, and only hooked up to the generator ground. Which works great, and now totally isolated. But I havn't tried the 36v coil, but I do not believe it will spin motor.

So then I thought I would try just pulsing one motor coil at a time, then work on pulsing 4 in sequence. A single motor coil was 0.4-0.6 ohms, app 110 uH( I finally fixed my inductance meter, a 5v reg. was cooked.) I hope it is accurate. 12v across a single motor coil produced large voltage spikes. 4 (120V) neons were lighting dimmly across ds, app 50 hz, decreasing to non- lighting at 200-300 hz. Fets got hot very quick, a fan will not help.

So then I hooked p1-p15 in series, and am able to pulse at 36v , app 2200rpm only drawing about 8-10 amps. Fets are warming but a fan would work here.

The resistance is just too low, I measured 4-6 ohms but most of time 2 pairs of comm elements touch brush, so really 1 coil is mostly 2 in parallel, so I may try unhooking every other element, but not now.

Now I need to get arduino running and try pulsing p1-p15 in sereis, and p8-p22 in series, just 2 drivers. I will have to wind small coils for each gate if i want to pulse 4 in sequence, maybe wind small tranformers as Shylo suggested, maybe they would absorb enough energy to allow one coil to be pulsed.

Hard to say how long it will take to learn arduino. I am going to try and get a solenoid to mod, I may have to use mechanical switch, if we want really, really high RPM.
          Last edited by machinealive; 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• @Machinealive
            What model Arduino are you using. What are your needs of it? Are you needing just one signal to be sent to each driver or are you needing two signals? Are you needing CLR at first or can that wait.? Low frequency like under 1K is easy and so sharp. Do you maybe need some help? I want to see your motor run as bad as you do.....We all do.....
            Dana
            "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hi Dana

I have a Leonardo. Dana, I'm not sure how much help I need, It doesn't seem too difficult, but time is just so scarce. All I want to due at this point is use two signals, to pulse each pair of series coil, p1-15 and p8-p22. Probably will try pulsing both at once and opposite or at least.
              Give me a chance to read a little more and if I can't figure it out, I will ask/beg for help.

Thanks for your help Dana and everyone.

Machine

Comment

• Hello My Friend!!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                Hi everyone, glad to hear from you UFO. So, just a little update.

First, I wound a couple large coils, I wanted to try running the motor off radiant. At 36v I could light 5 cfl's but The motor would not turn. I blew the 555 pre-driver, nothing else would burn. So I unhooked the ground from the opto input, and only hooked up to the generator ground. Which works great, and now totally isolated. But I havn't tried the 36v coil, but I do not believe it will spin motor.

So then I thought I would try just pulsing one motor coil at a time, then work on pulsing 4 in sequence. A single motor coil was 4-6 ohms, app 110 uH( I finally fixed my inductance meter, a 5v reg. was cooked.) I hope it is accurate. 12v across a single motor coil produced large voltage spikes. 4 (120V) neons were lighting dimmly across ds, app 50 hz, decreasing to non- lighting at 200-300 hz. Fets got hot very quick, a fan will not help.

So then I hooked p1-p15 in series, and am able to pulse at 36v , app 2200rpm only drawing about 8-10 amps. Fets are warming but a fan would work here.

The resistance is just too low, I measured 4-6 ohms but most of time 2 pairs of comm elements touch brush, so really 1 coil is mostly 2 in parallel, so I may try unhooking every other element, but not now.

Now I need to get arduino running and try pulsing p1-p15 in sereis, and p8-p22 in series, just 2 drivers. I will have to wind small coils for each gate if i want to pulse 4 in sequence, maybe wind small tranformers as Shylo suggested, maybe they would absorb enough energy to allow one coil to be pulsed.

Hard to say how long it will take to learn arduino. I am going to try and get a solenoid to mod, I may have to use mechanical switch, if we want really, really high RPM.

Hello My Friend!!

I wanted to tell you...as I also send you a PM about Radiant will not run this Beast...Imperial is designed for extreme Hot Flow generating the very strong Magnetic Fields.

I strongly believe, we have a Commutator problem here, if you look at the rate of the ON Times...versus the OFF Times (just look at the commutator gaps size!)...will notice we are NOT getting ANY Off Time at all...Just like you have said, most of times brushes (and Brushes width comprehend exactly Two Elements) are touching Two Elements that... either belong to one pair, or the two elements belonging to Two Pairs...there is absolutely NO brake (time off) on this commutation. Now this fact turns out to a 100% of time ON Machine...just like a Symmetrical way, not good, not good at all.

Removing every one commutator segment from contact, would be a great idea...and I am gonna do it whenever I get a chance.

On the other hand, I got the Liquid Metal Solenoid working excellent...Machine, you should try that......High Voltage contacts do not even get warm, as they will NEVER stick...and it could be pulsed with a 9-12V oscillator... ...I will make a video ASAP so you guys could see what I mean.
                Now, the thing with Mercury contacts I have noticed...is that it is very "sensitive" once it starts pulsing...so you have to move the Pot very, very slow to get the "Touch" to drive it...even though, it could easily be My Oscillator having problems in the LC Regulating circuit...

I had to tell you (and this is to All here as well) that the Caps set up in the Nine Pole design works excellent...very weird anomalies there...for example, once Rotor starts spinning on low pulses...it TAKES OFF all the sudden on its own...unbelievably reaching extremes speed...and Input pulses remain at same lower rate...now, I have to make another video on that...but I want to see readings in the Scope, being able to separate/isolate Input pulses versus Rotor "Self Gain" on two different Scope Channels...
                Also...the Amperage comes down to peanuts, once we get the "Self Acceleration"...

Another test I did...was to retro feed Batteries from Generating side, with diodes to prevent exciting coils...and guess what?...Batteries come to a point where they do not drop a Milli Volt...then when disconnected...raise up above starting voltage...and this test was done with small 2.9 A/h AGM Batteries.

I have build a plexiglass model for that, where I can switch into a Symmetric Armature as well...and take Amps readings.

Have to make all this videos...but I really do not have TIME at this moment!!...

I really like that Liquid Metal Solenoid...and I want to keep going into tuning Imperial commutator's right....then we will be ready for Mecc Alte...

Warm Regards my friend!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• comm. mod

Howdy UFO, All,
                  I've wound the IMP using only every-other comm. segment.
                  My machinist friend has taken a 1 week vacation to Cal.
                  I need his help to mill the end plates for the brush holders.
                  So, another weeks delay. Will let you know when I get it together.
                  Hang in, jw

Comment

• Ohms.

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                    Hi everyone, glad to hear from you UFO. So, just a little update.

So then I thought I would try just pulsing one motor coil at a time, then work on pulsing 4 in sequence. A single motor coil was 4-6 ohms, app 110 uH( I finally fixed my inductance meter, a 5v reg. was cooked.) I hope it is accurate. 12v across a single motor coil produced large voltage spikes. 4 (120V) neons were lighting dimmly across ds, app 50 hz, decreasing to non- lighting at 200-300 hz. Fets got hot very quick, a fan will not help.

Hello Machine, thanks for the update, i know only too well how making a living etc, can put great and interesting projects on the back burner.

Just had a question, did you say that your motor coil pairs are 4-6 ohms each? I thought you were struggling to get to 1 ohm, when you wound them?

Arduino will definatly be a mystery to me for a while yet.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Oil.

Hello UFO, and all,hope everything is well,

@UFO, would the three pole version of the 100 amp liquid metal contactor, be strong enough to run the mag3?, it's quite expensive, but may be an interesting option, down the track,as it can withstand huge spikes.

It would be interesting to develop a mechanical contactor like these but with oil bath plunger so it could be used as permanent option for pulsing maybe?.

OPPS, i said the O word, sorry.

Always best Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hi cornboy,
                        You are right, I meant 0.4-0.6 ohms.

UFO, Definitely, the next thing I buy/build will be a liqiud switch.

Comment

• Liquid Switch...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                          Hello UFO, and all,hope everything is well,

@UFO, would the three pole version of the 100 amp liquid metal contactor, be strong enough to run the mag3?, it's quite expensive, but may be an interesting option, down the track,as it can withstand huge spikes.

It would be interesting to develop a mechanical contactor like these but with oil bath plunger so it could be used as permanent option for pulsing maybe?.

OPPS, i said the O word, sorry.

Always best Regards Cornboy.

Hello Cornboy,

Yes, it will definitively run it, however, must have in consideration contact tower MUST work at an Upright position, it admits certain degree of lateral angle though...

I thought since it has pressurized inert gases (that by the way absorbs/minimizes all sparking/arcing)...it will work even upside down...but nope...
                          And do not worry, vibration will not disturb the switching...

You do not need to get all three units in one(Three Pole Assy)...tell you what I did...

I called directly MDI (The Manufacturers), and ask them if it would be possible to get just the HV Contact Tower without the Coil or Low Voltage side..He said yes...and price went to $63.00 USD (plus SH of course)...HOWEVER, for some "unknown reason" I received the whole thing, enclosed in the black flex epoxy...so, here Ufo had to strip again epoxy (it seems like a spell on me...lol)

So now...Machine Alive will talk to the sales guy...and then...ALL of You...will get a "very shiny" and clean HV Tower...maybe even at a cheaper price I have paid for...something like an "UFO Kit"...remember?...

http://www.wolfautomation.com/assets/15/CATALOGV.PDF

MDI Phone Number is at bottom of pdf...

Now...

Hello Machine, thanks for the update, i know only too well how making a living etc, can put great and interesting projects on the back burner.
                          Will You please show me how to make a "living"...putting all my projects behind?!

I really can not seem to be able to "do it"...lately

and to "Top it Off"...I am a terrible "Business Person"...seriously.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 03-14-2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Fire the Machinist!

Originally posted by jeffy39 View Post
                            Howdy UFO, All,
                            I've wound the IMP using only every-other comm. segment.
                            My machinist friend has taken a 1 week vacation to Cal.
                            I need his help to mill the end plates for the brush holders.
                            So, another weeks delay. Will let you know when I get it together.
                            Hang in, jw
                            Hello Jeffy,

Oh Man!...FIRE the Machinist Friend,...get another one...

Just kidding...is ok, you may have it tested before I get to it...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Ask.

Will You please show me how to make a "living"...putting all my projects behind?!

I really can not seem to be able to "do it"...lately

and to "Top it Off"...I am a terrible "Business Person"...seriously.

Well UFO, i know you always turn away financial help, but i am sure that a lot of people out there could see the sincerity in what you are trying to do, but cannot do practical motor building etc,but would love to make a donation towards making the world a better place, and what better way, than to help someone that can teach and also do the practical work.

You just never know what or who is out There.

I am sure you could set up a Paypal account with a link here and include the link in all your posts.

Just a thought.

Regards Friend Cornboy.

Comment

• Whoooooo!!!!!!

Yeh, sorry MACHINE, we all had a vote and you got elected, because of your excellent skills of persuation, to ask MDI to supply bare contactors without the low voltage primary coils to hundreds of customers.

I just don't know what to call them, UFO Contactors?????

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X