Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello UFO an all, finally i had success pressing shaft into rotor core, you wouldn't believe some of the things that can happen when scratch building. ( well i think most of you would.)

The first atempt i bent the shaft due to my own carelessnes, the second attempt with new chrome moly shaft, keyways machined and all! i found the material was 12 thou undersize for about 6 inches along the shaft, The company replaced the material but machining was lost.

Anyway third time lucky.

It's pouring down again here, have had another 8 inches of rain, on top of 12 inches, and more to come, oh well so much for my soy beans i just planted

Am still waiting for wire, slot paper and sticks, and 6mm hard insulation, to make brush holder plates from.

I will give the bare rotor a light dipping in resin to bind the laminations before starting with slot paper etc.

Included in pic are the heat sink i will use for 6 module pulser, with room for another 6 if needed, and power supply, i have four of these batteries,12v 100ah each. Also i have 4 - 3farrad 18v digital auido capacitors to hook up parrelell to batteries to help inrush with startup ect.
    Finally just thought i'd throw in pic of one of my mobile free range layer sheds, although at the moment the chooks are starting to think they are Ducks.

All The Best everyone,

Regards Cornboy.
    G'Day Cornboy
    Huge armature sorry you bent it
    I notice that the armature laminations are not lined up exactly
    Before mounting them on the shaft align the segments at least 3 places with something exactly the same width as the slots so as when you press them onto the shaft they must allign with each other else you not only reduce the gap size so the wire will not have enough room and also the edges are going to act like a saw when winding the wire
    Also I thing there wont be enough gap between the laminations and the commutators to allow enough room for the windings

Just a thought
    Kindest regards

Trying to be helpful

Comment

• Commutator Gaps...

Originally posted by jeffy39 View Post
      Howdy UFO, All,
      1st, thanx for previous replies, yours and Machines'.
      I found pulling used wire between two hand-held 3/4" wide strips
      of oak really smothed out the bends. However, the used wire was on
      the first 6 pairs, and are not long enough for the later ones, necessitating
      a splice between coils. I did 2 of them, dont like it, and am removing them
      and getting new wire tomorrow.
      2) Per your comment about comm. gaps too small. What would be the effect
      of our using every other segment? ie, remove all the jumpers. Shorter 'on' time
      of course.
      Thanx to all, later, jw39
      Hey Jeffy,

No problem, my pleasure.
      Yeah, splicing Pairs is not a good thing...besides taking space, they tend to Arc inside...because of different Insulation Grades. Pairs on this Motors must be a solid wire...no splicing.
      2)Removing the jumpers will result in a 50-50% Duty Cycle...It will be interesting to see what happens there...will you give it a try and let Us know?
      The thing is you must have the timing set pretty accurate, realizing that Brushes will be contacting/energizing elements a very reduced time as the continuity to next Pair will not be there as fast...so that time must be aligned perfect at Max Bisector Interactions.

Now, take a look at Cornboy MAG3 Commutators above...and notice gaps are bigger than Imperial, (Taking it to Scale for Comparison) it has 36 Elements. That is a "decent" gap...

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Please let me know.

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
        G'Day Cornboy
        Huge armature sorry you bent it
        I notice that the armature laminations are not lined up exactly
        Before mounting them on the shaft align the segments at least 3 places with something exactly the same width as the slots so as when you press them onto the shaft they must allign with each other else you not only reduce the gap size so the wire will not have enough room and also the edges are going to act like a saw when winding the wire
        Also I thing there wont be enough gap between the laminations and the commutators to allow enough room for the windings

Just a thought
        Kindest regards

Trying to be helpful
        [IMG][/IMG]

G'Day Kogs, thanks for your hints,the laminations are lined up as good as i could get them, as the lower dimention in the slot is 3mm i used an aluminium 3mm strip and lightly hammered it in slot at 120 degrees apart and then locked the core with threaded rods.

Because the lamination fingers are so long, and the material is so soft, it is easy to get a tiny discrepancy on outer edge of fingers.
        I will try a final touch up just before first epoxy. even just rolling rotor on bench disturbs then.

How the hell they work with .5mm laminations gets me, but of course they would be jigged for production runs, and the heavy powder coated epoxy would soon tame the lambs.

Also Kogs, the commutators where just on there for pic, they are a tight slide fit on the shaft, instead of splining them i will use small grub screw to make them fully adjustable for position, my design allows for up to 35mm gap to rotor if needed.

Thanks for your concern Friend, and please ,if you ever spot anything you think could be improved or done differently ( and that goes for everyone out there) don't hesitate to say so, because this is a build from the ground up in it's early stages, already i have found things i would do differently next time.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hi Cornboy,
          if you varnish the armature treat it with vacuum before drying if possible in order to get varnish inbetween the laminations.
          You can treat it with your vacuum cleaner:
          Put a bin into a plastic bag, position the armature in the bin and connect the entry of the bag to vacuum cleaner, fix it with tape with tape. Cycle 5min on / 1min off several times.
          Check if you need to add varnish and repeat procedure.

Unfortunately this forum refuses teleportion - else I would send you my professional vacuum pump (rotary vane).

BTW: I learn programming Arduino in order to provide some programs for sharing
          JohnS
          Last edited by JohnStone; 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM.
          Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Vaccum Mmmm.

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
            Hi Cornboy,
            if you varnish the armature treat it with vacuum before drying if possible in order to get varnish inbetween the laminations.
            You can treat it with your vacuum cleaner:
            Put a bin into a plastic bag, position the armature in the bin and connect the entry of the bag to vacuum cleaner, fix it with tape with tape. Cycle 5min on / 1min off several times.
            Check if you need to add varnish and repeat procedure.

Unfortunately this forum refuses teleportion - else I would send you my professional vacuum pump (rotary vane).

BTW: I learn programming Arduino in order to provide some programs for sharing
            JohnS

Thanks John, for the hint about vacuum set up i will do that, teleporting would be great, perhaps when we all have very efficient motors to drive everything, we can work on that in colaberation.

Actually i have an old rotary vacuum pump, from a dairy, out in the shed! So if i need to do it properly in future!

Thanks for all your help and support John Stone.
            Once again i see why UFO calls you SIR.

Warm regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Wet again.

Hello to all, the rain here turned into 11 inches, which flooded the lower part of my farm, again, we have had over 1/3 of our normal annual rainfall in a few weeks, so busy times ahead.

Meanwhile i have the stator housing back from alloy welders, one thing i leave to professionals, so will be filing to individually fit each stator core, while waiting for water to go down.

Regards Cornboy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• asymmetric 12 pole universal motor

UFO Thank you for the design in post 4048 for the 21 pole 4 stator 4 brushes
                now we can stop playing with the small stuff and get to work on some real motors
                still have a way to go to compeat with Cornboy Man you do good work !!!!

Thought I'd share a few pictures and a short video of a conversion of a universal AC/DC motor rewound as asymmetric.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zd28h9335da98c8/AT-FvqJ1QY

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Video?

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
                  now we can stop playing with the small stuff and get to work on some real motors

Thought I'd share a few pictures and a short video of a conversion of a universal AC/DC motor rewound as asymmetric.

Sorry man, my bad, saw video, great stuff, i will also try MAG3 on AC. Thanks Cornboy.

Hitby13kw

Thanks Hitby 13kw, you do good work yourself, could view pics but not video!

Regards Cornboy.
                  Last edited by Cornboy 555; 02-23-2013, 05:18 AM. Reason: Found it, my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                    Hello Soundiceuk,

Yes, you are completely right, I know we need that site...
                    I am pretty good at building sites, and Forums (I program PHP, MySQL, APACHE Server Language, C++ etc,etc)...it is just very time consuming...and I really do not have the TIME...and actually times bolts down to "Legal Tender Notes"...I need them to fulfill my Bills payments...

We need a Chart where we display everything organized by Geometry of Poles-Stators Configurations...as well as all the Replications made already and a "How To"...make this Machines from scratch.

Also "Future Projects"...

Also Electronic Driver Controllers...from the simplest, cheaper to the High Performance ones...

All You Tube Videos will be able to Open/Play "On Site"...meaning right in Posts (simple YT Edit Button, lot of programming in the back end though...)

However I still have a lot of Material to cover up here...to Disclose...plus I have been helping/assisting other Replications everywhere I possibly can...So Far we are all using the Symmetry Old Structures...and we are trying to make them work...and they do...however, the HAMMERING EFFECT could be achieved by different Rotor Core Designs...that would have to be done from scratch...and We do not have the means to make them so far...

But we will get there some time this year...

Hope TIME stretches and the WIND...Blows in our favor...and LIFE will not play a bad taste joke...

There is an old beautiful Spanish Song (From time to time life...)...unfortunately, I could not found it with English Subtitles...describing exactly, how life is...

Juan Manuel Serrat- "De vez en cuando la vida" - YouTube

I translated the Lyrics for you...

From time to time life...
                    give Us a tender kiss...
                    And in colors she unfolds like an Atlas...
                    She takes Us for rides in elegant Gigs...
                    And We all feel in good hands...
                    She fits to our desires...
                    going our same steps...
                    And pulls a Rabbit out of an old Magician's Hat...
                    And We are happy like a Child...
                    Just getting out of School..

Drinks Coffee with me...
                    And She is looking so pretty...
                    That I love to see Her...
                    She losses her hair...
                    And invites me..
                    To come out to stage...

Shows up naked...
                    And grants Us a dream...
                    a very elusive dream...
                    that we have to walk in tiptoe
                    not to brake the spell...

sharpens the paint brush..
                    We get goose bumps...
                    we run short of words...
                    seeing all She offers...
                    to those who knows how to use Her...

plays a joke...
                    And we wake up...
                    not knowing what happened?
                    Sucking up a stick...
                    seating on top of a Pumpkin...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Hi UFO, I will get something knocked up ASAP. I will make you and whoever else you choose to be admin / moderators.

It will take a few months to knock it into shape but at least the information can be organised in an efficient way.

This will prevent most repeat questions, taking a load off the guys here doing the bulk of the R&D and most importantly our asymmetrical mentor.

I can already do the embedded youtube videos, so that should help a little.

I believe these are Maxwell's equations that were mentioned in the thread.

http://www.deltaavalon.com/immagini/...%20version.pdf

Page 30 - 36

Unfortunately the history / physics books have been altered in more ways than one.

The hiding of asymmetry is a minute part of this COLOSSAL SCAM that is being PERPETRATED.

Just because PROFIT is more important than MORALS to a small group of trillionaires.

If we carry on doing what we are doing here, the story begins to unfold globally.

I salute you UFO for not going down the greed route and sharing your knowledge completely freely!

Paul
                    Last edited by soundiceuk; 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Hi UFO, I will get something knocked up ASAP. I will make you and whoever else you choose to be admin / moderators.

It will take a few months to knock it into shape but at least the information can be organised in an efficient way.

Comment

• Good Morning Cornboy, Goodmorning All

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post

Hello UFO an all, finally i had success pressing shaft into rotor core, you wouldn't believe some of the things that can happen when scratch building. ( well i think most of you would.)

The first atempt i bent the shaft due to my own carelessnes, the second attempt with new chrome moly shaft, keyways machined and all! i found the material was 12 thou undersize for about 6 inches along the shaft, The company replaced the material but machining was lost.

Anyway third time lucky.

It's pouring down again here, have had another 8 inches of rain, on top of 12 inches, and more to come, oh well so much for my soy beans i just planted

Am still waiting for wire, slot paper and sticks, and 6mm hard insulation, to make brush holder plates from.

I will give the bare rotor a light dipping in resin to bind the laminations before starting with slot paper etc.

Included in pic are the heat sink i will use for 6 module pulser, with room for another 6 if needed, and power supply, i have four of these batteries,12v 100ah each. Also i have 4 - 3farrad 18v digital auido capacitors to hook up parrelell to batteries to help inrush with startup ect.
                        Finally just thought i'd throw in pic of one of my mobile free range layer sheds, although at the moment the chooks are starting to think they are Ducks.

All The Best everyone,

Regards Cornboy.

Hello Cornboy,

Great work there!...That is gonna be a HECK of an Asymmetrical Machine!!

Now as Kogs mentioned (Ian, note I am writing Kogs...no more "Ian's"...You are my Dear Friend, So KOGS from now on, sorry), yeah the saw tooth edger are not good at poles alignment, however, if you can not rotate them cause they are already pressed in shaft, then file them away to a steady edging...

Now, Try, before epoxying Rotor, to Round Off as many sharp edges as you could possibly do!!

And that includes the Top and Bottom End Laminations, all the way on both sides, from inner (close to shaft) to outer ends...round them all.
                        The reason is that resin will run off ANY Sharp Edges...leaving just a minimal film that could be broken when tensing wires...shorting them out.
                        I know this is a tedious and hard work, but trust me, it is very worth it to the "penny"...

[IMG][/IMG]

So use round, triangle, flat and square files to go from small to larger sizes...

About what Sir John Stone mentioned ...it will be awesome to Vacuum Rotor before epoxy dries...excellent idea!
                        And do not worry about so thin poles...once you wind it tight, and use resin again...it will become a very solid "one piece" armature.

Another "Tip"...from my experience...If you could build a rack...to hold Rotor, in order that you could rotate it, as also move it in different axis, (Shaft Up, shaft down, shaft side way to right, then to left...etc) to play with Gravity running Epoxy...will render great results...and of course use masking and paper to collect all excess dripping resin...

[IMG][/IMG]

Aluminum, will be an excellent material to build it...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Excellent Work!

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post

Hitby13kw

Hello Hitby13kw!

Great work my Friend!!...This Universal Asymmetric Machines would be very popular...being able to play in "Both Worlds" AC/DC...as ALSO in Pulsed DC...

Related to your Asymmetric Universal there, a heck of a compact build!...awesome, you were able to insert all dual comm in same frame, great!

Now, picking on minor technicalities...I would say it needs some very minor timing adjustment, in order that "Takes Off" or start/pick up speed would be stronger...I can feel a very small delay...to get rotor going to develop full speed...you could do it much better, to almost "no delay,zero... by getting Rotor Pairs bisectors,to Fire closer to Stator Fields Bisectors at repulsion stage...by a very small brush adjustment.

Now, I am glad that you have mentioned that Generator Side was not even shown/connected here...and I will tell you the "Extra Bonus" We all will get out of this arrangement...

When You pulse DC this Machine Stator Fields and Rotor Coils Input, Parallel, Series or combination of...depending on Application/Resistance,etc...(here I can see you are feeding linear/straight DC from Batteries)...we will get a STEADY Radiant Reverse flow from Stator Fields, by using the Two Diodes arrangement...

...and We could play, experiment so much with this...even feeding rotor/brushes Input with reversed flow collected from Stator Fields...it will reduce commutator sparking even more...since rotor would be running on cold Radiant Energy...

Isn't that great?

Awesome work, and many thanks for sharing this great video and pictures!

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Thanks my Friend!

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                            Hi UFO, I will get something knocked up ASAP. I will make you and whoever else you choose to be admin / moderators.

This will prevent most repeat questions, taking a load off the guys here doing the bulk of the R&D and most importantly our asymmetrical mentor.

I can already do the embedded youtube videos, so that should help a little.

I believe these are Maxwell's equations that were mentioned in the thread.

http://www.deltaavalon.com/immagini/...%20version.pdf

Page 30 - 36

Unfortunately the history / physics books have been altered in more ways than one.

The hiding of asymmetry is a minute part of this COLOSSAL SCAM that is being PERPETRATED.

Just because PROFIT is more important than MORALS to a small group of trillionaires.

If we carry on doing what we are doing here, the story begins to unfold globally.

I salute you UFO for not going down the greed route and sharing your knowledge completely freely!

Paul

Hello Soundiceuk!

Great News!...and THANK YOU!!

Yes, We must organize...so others find everything easier to work with and reproduce...the more Broadcasting We all could do...the better...the faster this Seized Tech will get out to our beautiful Planet!

The change this will bring...well, I know many have no idea yet...but everything...will DO Change.

...And "They" will have no other choice...but to "Adapt" to this new Era...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• AWESOME!!!

Please can you send me your email address to:

paultownley@rocketmail.com

If anyone else needs to contact me please do so.

Best regards,

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post

Hitby13kw
                                Hi Hitby13kw,
                                I appreciate your nice replication. I've done the very same. See my reports 1. and 2. You might get some additional info.

Follow UFO's advice to check firing regarding bisector alignment! Those motors have several combinations to run but only one is the true UFO syle.
                                • Check which stator is north and mark bisector.
                                • Choose one coil pair, energize it and mark what pole cluster is north. Mark bisector of that cluster.
                                • Align both north bisector and check exactly at what position this coil is being energized. Then and only then you know precisely what to do for tuning.

Unfortunately I had to stop motor replcations for some month so I focus on electronic stuff in order to share it.
                                I am eager to see this motor being pulsed!
                                JohnS
                                Last edited by JohnStone; 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM.
                                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X