I'm waiting to hear from supplier.
    Will let you know ASAP.
    bro d

Thanks Bro d

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
      Donald
      Initially, there should be little voltage out of 393 but should be more than that. I would first go back thru the circuit and see where you are loosing voltage. What is the voltage of battery? Check all resistors and such. Once you find that and get more out of 393 then try changing that 2.2K resistor from Positive feed to pin one of 393 to a lower resistance. That is the pull up resistor and if it is set at 1K should bring a 12 volt system up up to 12 volts on pin one. If you are using a lesser voltage you will have to test to find the correct pull up size. Overall, I suspect that the problem is farther back in your circuit or too low voltage to start with. The 555 should have 5 volts and the 393 12volts but all is well with total of 12 to that point. Also make sure that you have not tied C3 to pin one as that would pull it all to 0-Volts.
      Dana
      Thanks Dana,
      I didn't realize that the 393 output needed pos power through the 2.2k resistor. That's why I was seeing almost nothing there.
      I got it all to work with the transistors and ran a small motor at around 24w and it is fine. I powerd the cct and the motor separately. His zener use is new to me. I used that too. interesting. Got good square waves when it was running, with sharp turn offs. Used one 540 fet and it was warm to the touch. Does the zener cancel the need for the normal Gate to source R?

Thanks again

bro d

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
        Thanks Bro d

Regards Cornboy.
        Hey Cornboy,
        I can get some as she can get them to me.
        It looks like anyone can order, but I want to make sure that they are not
        counterfeit. Total cost to me for 30 is $99.80. Shipping and paypal charge=$39.80.
        $3.33 ttl unit price!!!
        I'll pay for thirty now and here is her message:

Hi Donald ,

Enclosed is PI for payment . any qeustion , pls. feel free to contact me .

By the way . Regarding the payment ,you can pay it now or after our holiday ,so that I can arrange shipment soon when I come back to the office.
        :-) , our holiday is from 6th. Feb. to 16th. Feb. I'll try my best to send the goods to you before our vacation .

Any new question , pls. don't hesitate to contact me .

Regards ,

Betty
        Last edited by Donald Haas; 02-05-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Thanks.

Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
          Hey Cornboy,
          I can get some as she can get them to me.
          It looks like anyone can order, but I want to make sure that they are not
          counterfeit. Total cost to me for 30 is $99.80. Shipping and paypal charge=$39.80.
          $3.33 ttl unit price!!!
          I'll pay for thirty now and here is her message:

Hi Donald ,

Enclosed is PI for payment . any qeustion , pls. feel free to contact me .

By the way . Regarding the payment ,you can pay it now or after our holiday ,so that I can arrange shipment soon when I come back to the office.
          :-) , our holiday is from 6th. Feb. to 16th. Feb. I'll try my best to send the goods to you before our vacation .

Any new question , pls. don't hesitate to contact me .

Regards ,

Betty

Thanks Donald, please keep us informed.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hey UFO,

It seems we need a new commutator, or brush design. I was thinking about this and then re-read your post on magnetic interactions exhibit#2.pg 29

Once that We "trigger" this Coils at Input...they start a "Chain Process" of collecting energy from the vacuum, they become like "little miniature pumps", sucking energy and storing the charges inside their tiny atomic structures in the Copper)...and they will not stop this process, unless there is a reversed current injected/applied to them...(like Symmetry does)...
            Therefore if We "Collect" at exactly One Hundred and Eighty Degrees...from "trigger-input point"...to our Output...after they finish the Contact...they will keep traveling and pumping Energy In...for other 180 degrees, more or less...let's not be picky, or too precise here...
            Won't the coils only pump energy when we close the circuit?

So, that energy that we all "missed to collect"...would be applied towards our Input Brushes on the other 180 degrees

And -of course- We could always set another "Pair of Collecting Brushes" at the opposite side...as also applies excellent in Quad Brushed Systems...
            When Brush is set at 30 from Input...it will have much less time to recharge when hitting Input. contacts..it will be "almost empty" by our extraction at max capacity...
            So, maybe i will try adding extra gen brushes just before the input brushes. But we need a way to drain/collect off those coils for the entire 90*, wouldn't we UFO.

Only 6 or 7 elements would be travelling through the 90* at a time (each side), so maybe a 6-pole slip ring, or even 2 or 3 would be better, or could that be where the spark gaps belong, as output contacts(non-contact). What if all gen coils, that are in the quadrant, shorted together and all collected in parallel. I wonder if that would generate a spark gap, and dump to caps.

Maybe this was all talked about before, but I'm finally here, theoretically speaking, we need to design somthing new.

Machinealive

Comment

• Pulser

Hi friends!
              You get the pulser for last review before release. I want you all newbies and professionals to build same quality pulser in your environment available.

I rearranged the FET area once again in order to get absolute minimum wire length for gate circuit. Thus we get fasted and coolest design possible with through hole technology. I checked a lot of other FETs and drivers. There is none faster in this technology. Rise and fall time in data sheets relate to a certain capcitive load. Real operation needs to be computed befor and many cominations proe to be lazy and slow.
              For faster switches we need to change to SMD (5ns) technology and /or drivers in higher voltage area. I.e. you can charge the gate very fast (1ns) out o a cap 300pF being charged to 300V before. But that is another story.

Below you see the FETs soldered on bottom side in order to have space for any kind of heat sink. Note: The FETs are the only parts not fitting to 1/10" pitch. They were arranged 180° rotated to each other in order to enable SHORT gate sircuit. You need to attach a heat sink on both sides covering both FETs of optimuzed cooling. You decide for size but be aware big heat sinks will give you lot of distance to deadly heat.

You might want to check the board size. 3"x 3.5" and the scale of your printer. The assemby template will be srticked on BCP first and will stay there while assembling. (Download PDF)
              The big holes are place holders for screw terminals only. You need to solder MASSIVE wires to D S terminals of FETs to your screw terminals. You will get continuously 150A continuously at 25°C and 100A at 100°C (depends on heat sink!). Pulsed currrent more than 400A.

I ask all you you kindly to check if you feel able to replicate this pulser on a bread board (hole per pad). Any later complaints will be
              mhhmmmmmhhhm mmm

JohnS
              Last edited by JohnStone; 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM.
              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• JohnStone
                Great Idea about reversing fet to other side. Question... It seems a good fail-safe idea to lay out in this manner and add wire as connections. For those who can make PCB boards, would most of this be able to be done the traditional way by etching and then loading solder on the copper lines??? Or do you think that all should stay with wires only as maybe not enough path for amperage??? If this is a go soon, you know all will want parts list soon as weeks can go by to get all parts. Waiting eagerly for your your final word (GO) on my side. Thanks
                Dana
                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• JohnStone
                  Is the NTE74C14 comparable to the 74HC132N?
                  Dana
                  "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• @Donald,
                    I see you have the pulser working. I verified with a scope and I see that this pulser circuit actually has slow rise and fall times. I might modify my pulser later depending on whether I see significant benefit arising out of extremely fast switching times, since that is also somehow linked to the switching freq which right now is just a few hundred Hertz max. With low freq pulses I do not think fast edges will matter and I would like be be proven wrong about that. Not in theory but in an actual demonstration showing the improvement on a motor's performance.

Hello all,

Here's a short video of the motor driving a generator with a 12v/5w automotive lamp as a load. Straight DC input @ 14v/>4A.
                    MVI_0797_mpeg4_zps3de829f8.mp4 Video by Navigator444 | Photobucket

I have the option to try it with just 1x magnet disk and also 2x. Each disk has 6 magnets and there are also 6 coils, air core, 60 turns each coil.
                    1 disk --- 6,600rpm --- 9vac
                    2 disks --- 5,350rpm ---13vac

If I go for more lamp loads the rpm drops significantly. This motor/generator combination will not run itself as it is right now. How to proceed from here?

Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                      ... For those who can make PCB boards, would most of this be able to be done the traditional way by etching and then loading solder on the copper lines??? Or do you think that all should stay with wires only as maybe not enough path for amperage??? If this is a go soon, you know all will want parts list soon as weeks can go by to get all parts. Waiting eagerly for your your final word (GO) on my side. Thanks
                      Dana
                      1. For etching PCB I'd like to add some GND planes. But yes etching will be possible. My CAD progam will output date for milling and drilling as well. I will mark those lines in PCB to be covered with extra tin.

2. Anybody whe wants can get my source data as well. The corresponding program is Target 3001. Languages available: English, French, German. Learning curve ca. 1 weekend.

3. The current parts list needs to be edited. The CAD components do not match to real world in all cases. You will get the list edited with explanations soon. Here a preview - OWN RISK!

4. The first GO will be on own risk, because I need to build this driver myself. Anybody who will start before is requested to assemble the board step by step and add intermediate tests while reportig to the community.

5. No 7414 (6* inverter) any type does not replace 74132 (4* NAND2). Sorry.
                      Last edited by JohnStone; 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM.
                      Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Dear UFOpolitics,

I got a video from one of your silent but dedicated viewers which showed a motor which you claimed got efficiencies greater than 100%. I can't find it right now, but I thought I'd let you know the error in your calculations.

While the NORMAL force of friction is indeed the sum of the two scales you used, the counter-rotational force is the difference between the two scales, the smaller force pulling in the direction of rotation and not against it.

The ratio {(F1-F2)/(F1+F2)} is the coefficient of kinetic friction and should be around 0.6 for steel against steel. My five calculations for this number (usually labeled with the greek letter mu) using the numbers on your "dynamometer" ranged from 0.645 to 0.685, so lends credence to my belief that your calculations of the work done by your setup are about 150% of what they should be!

If you're getting efficiencies over 100%, you ought to be suspicious because nobody in 300 years since Issac Newton has yet been able to do so. The foundation of everything in Physics except some theories not yet proven is that the sum of everything in = the sum of everything out. Even E=mc**2 is an equality. There are no proven inequalities except entropy.

By the way, I thought the setup was brilliant and, besides this rather large "nit", clear and informative.

Comment

• DigiKey Part List Demo

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                          JohnStone
                          Great Idea about reversing fet to other side. Question... It seems a good fail-safe idea to lay out in this manner and add wire as connections. For those who can make PCB boards, would most of this be able to be done the traditional way by etching and then loading solder on the copper lines??? Or do you think that all should stay with wires only as maybe not enough path for amperage??? If this is a go soon, you know all will want parts list soon as weeks can go by to get all parts. Waiting eagerly for your your final word (GO) on my side. Thanks
                          Dana
                          JohnStone,

Looks really good. Ready to print out some boards when the files are ready.

Also, DigiKey has a Parts List feature that is very nice.

You can go in and build a Bill of Materials for the board and it will price it out along with any substitutions.

Then you can make it public for anyone to use for easy and accurate ordering.

Here is a demo of it:

Digi-Key Creating a Parts List Demo

If you do use this feature, you can use the Notes section to help organize and streamline where the parts match up to go on your board layout.
                          Fore example:
                          Notes: IC4
                          Notes: C3
                          Notes: D8
                          That way, when the parts come in they will be labelled with a quick way to plug them in and populate the board.

Thanks againg to all those who continue to be supportive and move this forward!

IndianaBoys
                          Last edited by IndianaBoys; 02-06-2013, 02:19 AM. Reason: Add Notes section idea

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            Hey UFO,

It seems we need a new commutator, or brush design. I was thinking about this and then re-read your post on magnetic interactions exhibit#2.pg 29

Won't the coils only pump energy when we close the circuit?
                            Hey Machine,

You could do it...to get better output performance...I just did not wanted to complicate things on this set up.

The Coils Pump Energy after they have been energized and released to an idle stage...disconnected, off time...then they "pump" radiant energy.

So, maybe i will try adding extra gen brushes just before the input brushes. But we need a way to drain/collect off those coils for the entire 90*, wouldn't we UFO.
                            If You are gonna do any variations...say we Input at P1-P15...Then we collect at P8-P22...right?...so, there, what you wanna do is to move P8-P22 in a straight line (maintaining their 180º apart, I mean), getting them closer to their nearest Input Gates...according to rotation though...
                            So, Your Motor rotates CCW, Then you rotate Out Gates (P8,P22) CCW, So that P22 which is the discharge from P15 would be closer to P1...And P8, which is the discharge from P1...would be closer (on the other side) to P15...
                            Doing this you will be amplifying the idling times angles for the output gates...however...you can never be at 180º...but surely much more than 90º...I would say anywhere between 120º-130º.

Only 6 or 7 elements would be traveling through the 90* at a time (each side), so maybe a 6-pole slip ring, or even 2 or 3 would be better, or could that be where the spark gaps belong, as output contacts(non-contact). What if all gen coils, that are in the quadrant, shorted together and all collected in parallel. I wonder if that would generate a spark gap, and dump to caps.

Maybe this was all talked about before, but I'm finally here, theoretically speaking, we need to design something new.

Machinealive
                            For sure Machine, now the way I described above we will have more than 6-7 coils traveling through the longer idling angle...

Now, this is going to "contribute" to our better output in a 10 to 20% increase...maybe a bit more depending on pulse ratio, feed, RPM's, etc...

BUT, I tell You Machine...our "Final Goal" here to success...is to play with Capacitors at each Coil-Pair...AC Caps...mounted on rotors...and connected parallel...

The second part...is the structural and electronic "Unbalance" in order to increase the Spiral "Hammering Effect"...for example...when we have the Four Channel Pulser that John Stone designed for Us all...then we could really seat down and "play" with better unbalances by enhancing a minus to plus On Time (programmed in our PC's with Arduino Software to Microprocessor)...say from P1 to P22...Four stages "in crescendo" , an ascending pulsed square wave...that will "Bang" the P22 Gate with higher impact pulses...

The structural part...is about a weight unbalance also in an ascending mass distribution...

Then we DO have a Lethal Weapon here, my friend...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Torqmaster 180 Commutator - spare commutator supplier?

Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
                              Hi Cornboy,
                              I'm waiting to hear from supplier.
                              Will let you know ASAP.
                              bro d
                              Hi Donald,

Could you check with your supplier if they can get spare commutators for the Torqmaster 180. I have searched from time to time over the months but no luck. The Torqmaster will make for a good training motor and having access to spare commutators would greatly reduce the overall construction costs:

TowerHobbies.com | Hobbico TorqMaster 180 Heavy Duty 12 Volt

If there are any measurement errors, please let me know:
                              ID = .310" ID
                              Brush Diameter = .750"
                              Bar Length = almost .500"

Thanks,

IndianaBoys
                              Last edited by IndianaBoys; 02-06-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodguy54_2000 View Post
                                Dear UFOpolitics,

I got a video from one of your silent but dedicated viewers which showed a motor which you claimed got efficiencies greater than 100%. I can't find it right now, but I thought I'd let you know the error in your calculations.
                                First, hello and welcome here Goodguy54,

The Video you may be referring to is TORQUE_TEST_ONE - YouTube

While the NORMAL force of friction is indeed the sum of the two scales you used, the counter-rotational force is the difference between the two scales, the smaller force pulling in the direction of rotation and not against it.

The ratio {(F1-F2)/(F1+F2)} is the coefficient of kinetic friction and should be around 0.6 for steel against steel. My five calculations for this number (usually labeled with the greek letter mu) using the numbers on your "dynamometer" ranged from 0.645 to 0.685, so lends credence to my belief that your calculations of the work done by your setup are about 150% of what they should be!
                                Very interesting...now...from the difference in the coefficient of kinetic energy...which is 0.6 for steel to steel...compared to my tests, which were 0.045 and 0.085 above that 0.6 ratio...Could You explain to me...How do you get to that "150%" (above, of course I suppose) of "what they should be"?

Talking simple basic Math...If 0.6 is a 100% or the "accurate" standard parameter value (which is the given coefficient as per what you wrote)...for steel to steel ratio...then 1.2 is a 200%...and 150% would be a 0.9 ...¿?

So, even for the "highest reading" you have displayed above...0.685...let's "round it up" (against my favor) to 0.7...that is still a 117%...meaning 17% above coefficient...

Maybe I am wrong here...or maybe I misunderstood your numbers...if so, then...could you please "Enlighten Me"...

On the other hand...I do want to run other tests related to Torque-Efficiency levels...as also run same tests on Original-Non Modified Motor...and let's see then...

If you're getting efficiencies over 100%, you ought to be suspicious because nobody in 300 years since Issac Newton has yet been able to do so. The foundation of everything in Physics except some theories not yet proven is that the sum of everything in = the sum of everything out. Even E=mc**2 is an equality. There are no proven inequalities except entropy.

By the way, I thought the setup was brilliant and, besides this rather large "nit", clear and informative.

I would not go that far as 300 years...maybe just a bit over 130 years will do...when James Clerk Maxwell, the Father of Magnetism...decided to divide them into Two Main Systems...Symmetric and Asymmetric...then came Lorentz...and "took away" the Asymmetry...erased...

The foundation of everything in Physics except some theories not yet proven is that the sum of everything in = the sum of everything out.
                                I could not agree more with that statement...however...how do we know "for sure" and "exactly" ALL We really "Put In"?...Are we only going to just to calculate what "materially" we are inputting...disregarding all the alignments, excitations and populations we create by our Material Dumped In Energy related to our surrounding Space?

When we light up a Fire...do we just measure the Heat we could actually "feel" or "see"...or measure exactly at the fireplace?...How about the other layers in space that are suffering certain degrees of temperature change...?...We do not "add them up" to get as close as possible to the right extent of heat parameter calculations?
                                Don't we have to find out the Wind directions...versus our "fire column"...?

Electromagnetism...is even more effective on space...on its surroundings that we all could imagine...when we pulse or just feed linear a coil...we could NOT just calculate what we "put in"...by adding Watts...spent...By "doing that"(energizing that coil)...we are "invoking" other natural forces...within our coil...and we must add them right?...now do you know how to do that?...

The Locked Up Model ...that could never reach over 100% Efficiency...is the Symmetrical Electrodynamic System we all have up to now running out there...
                                They are Closed Systems...NOT Open, like the Asymmetrical ones.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 02-06-2013, 03:10 AM.
                                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X