My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi UFO, everyone

I put an ugly little controller and switch together. John Stone will want to hurl, when he see's this one.
    I had to try pulsing the motor to see if the controller worked, to see how the motor worked when pulsed, so it ain't pretty, but it works . I have to work on set up, to get the scope in with dmm's.
    Anyway, UFO, your prayer worked, the controller didn't melt, I only went up to 36v. I wasn't gonna even post this but I will be gone for 2-4 weeks, so I thought I would post to how far I got. I think I'll read about micro's, ardueno, picaxe.
    When I get back I'll start trying to load motor/generator. Anyway, hope it helps someone. The motor output was in series, input was in parallel.

56test9pulse - YouTube

Comment

• Machinealive
      You are doooooing it. Congradulations on what you have so far and getting amps down some more. Please, please, befor you take off could you tell us what your circuit is as well as what fets used. I am sitting here with a full motor and generator setup and can only feed with full battery as I have not found the correct fets that will do the job yet.

Every one MUST see this video.
      Dana
      Last edited by prochiro; 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM. Reason: spell
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Awesome!!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
        Hi UFO, everyone

I put an ugly little controller and switch together. John Stone will want to hurl, when he see's this one.
        I had to try pulsing the motor to see if the controller worked, to see how the motor worked when pulsed, so it ain't pretty, but it works . I have to work on set up, to get the scope in with dmm's.
        Anyway, UFO, your prayer worked, the controller didn't melt, I only went up to 36v. I wasn't gonna even post this but I will be gone for 2-4 weeks, so I thought I would post to how far I got. I think I'll read about micro's, ardueno, picaxe.
        When I get back I'll start trying to load motor/generator. Anyway, hope it helps someone. The motor output was in series, input was in parallel.

56test9pulse - YouTube

Hey Machine, You F***'EM!!, You absolutely KNOW YOU DID IT , UH?!

Awesome TESTS!...Man You've got those Amps low, low low!!...yeah, pulsing is "The Name of this Game"...My Dear Friends

Please, Machine, like Dana wrote, before leaving ...let Us know the freaky number on those FET's...they are awesome....can stand "THE HEAT"...Excellent.

Just a Stupid question that looks more coming from an skeptic...Did you make sure your Clamp was on DC Amps...and Not AC?

However at 36 Volts is exactly same Amperage I am getting when pulsing it with my Solenoid...22 to 23 Amps.

On next test, try putting a mechanical load on motor pulley...see what happens with amps then...but I know...Oh YES I know...they will raise very little...

You are almost there to pulse that Generator Head my Friend!

Just got to "Fix a Rig" in order to know exactly what Hertz (Duty and Frequency) at what Torque and what amperage ...the "Secret Formula"...to beat the heck out of Mecc Alte when full load applied...

That Motor is sweeeet!...

Warm Regards my Dear Friend, and enjoy your trip...just take care...

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
          Hello All,

I finally finished making the motor............. had to fabricate 8x brush holders before I can run it. Those were a pain to make, all milled to shape out of acrylic which doesn't take heat very well but it's all I have right now. Take a look:

This is a 12P-4S-4B wind, but now running without the generator brushes because I found out that the brushes actually introduced a lot of mechanical drag (braking). I got much more rpm's when I just held wires between my fingers. The generator brushes were taken out when I took this video:
          12P-4S-4B_zps6fa21efd.mp4 video by Navigator444 | Photobucket

I can't say that it has lot's of torque cuz I can easily stop the shaft with my fingers even with 10w input power. You can also see that it slows down considerably even with just a single shorted coil held right next to some magnets I had spinning from the motor. The coil I am holding has 60 turns of AWG#23, inside diameter of the coil is ~3/4". Also in the video you'll see a slab of aluminum ~1/4" thick and it also slows the motor down considerably.

More tests to follow...................

Lester

Hello Lester,

Great test man!...Now could you please tell Us what power source you were using on this test?
          On the other hand...are you setting motor brushes at Critical Repulsion Mode?...meaning the closest/smallest angle, passed stators bisectors that you could afford?

By the Starting humming sound...it takes a while to develop full speed...meaning, they could be even closer...then you will increase all parameters there...as it also depends on what are the "juices" applied there.

Regards, and excellent work!...beautiful model!

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• A Short Note

Hello to all,

Please bare with me...as I am extremely busy this week...so anyone that I have not responded their posts...I am NOT Ignoring You at all...it is all lack of time, so I am responding to MAIN Replications taking place as of now...

Related to 21 Poles: Smitev and Hitby13Kw...I have worked on that model...it is not an "easy piece"...3 stators will not work...would be either 4 or 6...however the way poles are arranged they will never meet the required 180º with square stators display...So, guys, I recommend to start looking for a pole configuration number already displayed here...I do not have the time to play with new ones as of now...

Regards to all

Ufopolitics

Comment

• question transform axialflux motor to assymetric

Hello UFOPOLITICS ,everyone
              2 years ago i built that axial motor... some quick vue here Moteur electrique pour ulm - YouTube
              with your assymetric concept is it possible to adapt to axial flux motor?
              i know every body is busy .....so when you got a minute

regards
              régis

Comment

• Hello,

Ok, first, the current in the last video, initially should be double, because I had meter on coil, and I forgot they were parallel, at the end I clamp meter at battery, about 24 amps, and yeeeesssss it was on DC. Now, if you liked that little tidbit, wait till you see what I just got for RPM, It is downloading, but may not finish till tonight. Over 9000 RPM, 36v pulsed, about 200 hz.

Now, you want those fets, how much money you got ?

http://ixdev.ixys.com/DataSheet/DS10...FX120N30T).pdf

I only had those heat sinks stuck on with thermal paste
                Ugly but rugged.

Here's rmcybernetics, powerpulse controller, just don't hook motor +, to controller, like they show, or put a voltage regulator on, I keep the motor input seperate, and I have never blown a 555 or 393 in the generator.

DIY Homemade Power Pulse Controller - RMCybernetics

Near end of thread, they give they cap value for all your frequencies,

Comment

• Axial Flux

Originally posted by lechancel View Post
                  Hello UFOPOLITICS ,everyone
                  2 years ago i built that axial motor... some quick vue here Moteur electrique pour ulm - YouTube
                  with your assymetric concept is it possible to adapt to axial flux motor?
                  i know every body is busy .....so when you got a minute

regards
                  régis

Hello Lechancel and Welcome!

Absolutely yes, we could apply Asymmetry to Axial Flux Motors.
                  As also Brush-Less tech.

Asymmetry relates to Open Coils, in a Spiral, maintaining a constant, robust sequence...that could also be achieved in Axial, as We are all doing it on Radial Flux so far...

All that changes...from Radial to Axial...are the Magnetic Patterns Configurations and 3D Volumes Shapes...

As a matter of fact... in Axial, we could control better the Hammer Mass Effect by loading the center cores of those center Flat Poles...

The Brush Less Effect we could also achieve it by Square Waves separated by a Dead Time...to pulse determined points of that Spiral....it could be from outside-in...or from inside-out.

And please, If You could display the Oscillator Circuit you are using there...as also the components utilized...it may helps Us all here also...it seems like a very Robust and well Built electronic circuit, I love it!

Regards and Excellent Model you built there!!, beautiful!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                    Hello,

Ok, first, the current in the last video, initially should be double, because I had meter on coil, and I forgot they were parallel, at the end I clamp meter at battery, about 24 amps, and yeeeesssss it was on DC. Now, if you liked that little tidbit, wait till you see what I just got for RPM, It is downloading, but may not finish till tonight. Over 9000 RPM, 36v pulsed, about 200 hz.
                    Ok, so you had it on just one positive branch of the two parallel Gates?...so it should be near the 18-19 amps...since you had like 9 something...Oh man...I was so excited!!...but still, that is great though!

Wanna see that F***G video You F**ER!!...

Now, you want those fets, how much money you got ?
                    Can pay you with a couple of Garlic Loaded Trucks...from Australia...Cornboy owes me some for MAG 3 CAD...so I will ship it to Canada...

http://ixdev.ixys.com/DataSheet/DS10...FX120N30T).pdf

I only had those heat sinks stuck on with thermal paste
                    Ugly but rugged.

Here's rmcybernetics, powerpulse controller, just don't hook motor +, to controller, like they show, or put a voltage regulator on, I keep the motor input seperate, and I have never blown a 555 or 393 in the generator.

DIY Homemade Power Pulse Controller - RMCybernetics

Near end of thread, they give they cap value for all your frequencies,

You have to Heat Sink those "Babies" in a nice pampered luxury suite...presidential five star hotel man!!...micro fan ventilated and nice aluminum bars with fins...They deserve it!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• That is Awesome!!

Originally posted by GlenWV View Post
                      Greetings all:

I am pleased to report a successful replication of the 'UFO' motor.

Two Peerless Electric DG65D, 1/2 hp. 48V motors were used for parts. The armature has 24 segments and the two fields measure 1.0 ohms each.

I wound the motor offsetting two segments right of the commutator connection, similar to what is done with the Imperial. Then, using #22 gauge wire, six armature segments were encompassed at 18 loops in each direction.

Initial testing @ 24vdc produced no arcing on the commutator. The motor ran clockwise, so the Field connections were reversed to get counter-clockwise rotation.

Now that 'she' runs, I'll take 'her' apart, solder the commutator connections, varnish the armature, finalize the connections, and put 'her' back together for more vigorous testing.

Mr. UFO: I live in 'coal country' and there are many DC motors laying about mining equipment rebuild shops and such.

Traction motors, 10 hp and up, are series wound, while pump motors are parallel wound, which doesn't mean much for our purposes. I do not believe that any are permanent magnet motors.

I think it would be cool to put a mantrip or shuttle car motor into an old Nash Rambler and run around in it...... Very soon, I will have one of these motors......

I'll try to get a couple, or four, at scrap prices and see about getting a couple to you.

glen

Hello Glen, and I am so glad you did it!!

Is there a possibility of watching that "Beauty" in action before you take Her to the Beauty Parlor?...

But if you did not film that "Hollywood Actress"...is fine...some pictures will do...

On Traction Motors...

Oh Man!...You live in the middle of a "Treasury Island"!!

Nope, you will not find Permanent Magnets in Traction Motors...Wound Stators...but no sweat...we will get even more Radiant output...

Now the Parallel and Series Wound are related to connections between Stators and Armatures-Brushes (I am sure You, and many here know that)...what we are looking for...is that we have enough space between poles (depth and width) to make our coils there...that's all.

They basically divide in two parts...Brushed DC and AC Induction Motors...which are not good...just the first ones (DC Brushed)

We will power an SUV My Friend!!...an Escalade...full power options!!...just dump all the weight from that farter engine...and gas and liquids reservoirs!!...all gone, except the electronics and control on board Computers...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Machine & All
                        The IXFX120N30T fet is available at digikey for under 12.00 USD. They have 79 on stock.
                        Dana
                        Last edited by prochiro; 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM. Reason: spell
                        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• here is the last video 36v pulsed, I ran it with output in series, like before, then parallel

56test10series parallel - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            here is the last video 36v pulsed, I ran it with output in series, like before, then parallel

56test10series parallel - YouTube
                            Ohhh Man, SHE ROCKS!!...

A TRULY BEAUTY!!...Lovely Machine Alive!!

You've got some nice System put together there my Friend!!

She is ready to Rock and Roll that Mecc Alte now!!

Excellent work Machine...it is just "terrible" you have to go now, for so long Man!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

EDIT 1: Hey Machine, I am kind of confused now... ...When last on video, You said Output in Parallel, as also Input in Parallel...BUT, BUT...You were feeding BOTH Gates right?...Input and Output, both in Parallel being pulsed...since I saw Output Meter was zero...

I have done that feed at both (not pulsed though) and yes I got also 9000 RPM's...
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• hey UFO,

I was feeding input, 36v to p1 and p15, in parallel. The coils P8 and P22 were not getting input, they were parallel, connected to 8, 2200 uf caps. The motor output vibrated off/unhooked, I never changed it, it was across the caps, the motor output, until it came off.

Try your motor in parallel.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                                Machine & All
                                The IXFX120N30T fet is available at digikey for under 12.00 USD. They have 79 on stock.
                                Dana
                                Also:
                                10 from mouser for 9.07

IXFX120N30T Ixys | Mouser

bro d

Comment

Working...
                                X