Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john_g View Post
    UFO

Many thanks for comments and advice. The good news is the motor is ok - took it apart expecting to find some serious damage, but, except for blackening on the commutator, (which I removed with very fine sandpaper) all is surprising well, ohms and continuity fine. So not sure what the bright flying bit out of the motor was - trapped plasmafied spider?

I will try your suggestions,and of flipping between motor and gen, but I'll try using a circuit with a STAMP pic, now that I've sorted using an opto coupler and FET (all newish to me), just to see how it works - will post up results when done. I appreciate there are some issues with the opto couplers and waveform sharpness - but will find out the hard way - like dumping a large cap to a small motor!

Regards

John
    Hello John_G,

Hmmm...that is interesting!...I thought it was an element from commutator that flew off...but nothing, nothing happened?...that is weird...

I am sure what flew off your Motor was an U.F.O....

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Ready to run

Hi UFO
      I got the rotor today and set it in ready to run. However, while I was paying attention winding and such but not to the general cable hookup for the imp motor. I have spent hours looking for it but no go... Where is the diagram for just the Imp motor cable setup please. I feel like a dork asking you this
      Dana
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        Have you made any replications of my Motors of any structural poles number, any size?
        I do have a 3-pole motor from a cordless drill but no extra commutator so could not move forward with that.
        I also have a universal motor from a vacuum cleaner which turned out to have 4-poles, which according to you is no-go. How many more vacuum cleaners do I have to open up?
        I have 16 pieces of N42 neo magnets that I can configure into a rotor but you said they were tiny.
        I also have some magnetic black sand that I can mold into a stator core.
        A tachometer recently bought for these experiments but never been used cuz I don't have a running motor yet.
        I am still searching for suitable motors to modify, or, if I can understand your technology (which I don't), then perhaps I can make a running motor out of these neos and black sand.

So the quick answer to your question is no, I have not done any replications at all. Did I try? Yes I did.

Last edited by Lester444; 01-16-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Imperial Motor is running well

Hello UFO and All
          I finally found Torions diagram for the 4 brush and put it to good use on 12 volts as a test. IT RUNS WELL with vary LITTLE SPARKING.
          It also is quiet and does not vibrate like all my other motors. This whole setup was quite a while in coming and a lot of work but is truely worth every drop of blood when you see it running and hear the power. That is it for tonight and will take pictures and do tests as well as more voltage Wed. and Thursday.
          Dana
          "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by john_g View Post
            ... The good news is the motor is ok - took it apart expecting to find some serious damage, but, except for blackening on the commutator, (which I removed with very fine sandpaper) all is surprising well, ohms and continuity fine. So not sure what the bright flying bit out of the motor was - trapped plasmafied spider?....
            Reading your report I remembered Tesla being able to generate ball lightning. Todays scinenists try it as well and up to now they master some minute balls flying away. But they still do not really know what the nature of this phenomenon is. Maybe you dived in this matter by accident! Did this "something" make any noise flying or at impact?
            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
              Reading your report I remembered Tesla being able to generate ball lightning. Todays scinenists try it as well and up to now they master some minute balls flying away. But they still do not really know what the nature of this phenomenon is. Maybe you dived in this matter by accident! Did this "something" make any noise flying or at impact?
              Hi John S

Certainly a thought, I cannot recall hearing anything untoward because of the motor noise. The cap discharge across the commutator was very bright, internally illuminating the motor case momentarily with bright blue light, like having a bright blue LED in there - with my heart sinking! It (blue sparking) may have come out the side, it was very quick. A good case to have a camera rigged up.

Regards

John

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
                I also have a universal motor from a vacuum cleaner which turned out to have 4-poles, which according to you is no-go. ....
                Hi Lester,
                Where do you count the four poles? Do you refer to that universal motor in the pic? Stator is 2 pole! I reworked a vey similar one. How many poles has the armature?
                JohnS
                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hello Prochiro

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  Hi UFO
                  I got the rotor today and set it in ready to run. However, while I was paying attention winding and such but not to the general cable hookup for the imp motor. I have spent hours looking for it but no go... Where is the diagram for just the Imp motor cable setup please. I feel like a dork asking you this
                  Dana
                  Hello Dana,

the general cable hookup for the imp motor.?...I have spent hours looking for it but no go... Where is the diagram for just the Imp motor cable setup please.
                  I am sorry Dana, I did not understand what you meant there (underlined)...till I read your last post today...then I realize it was about the Generator set up right?

I finally found Torions diagram for the 4 brush and put it to good use on 12 volts as a test. IT RUNS WELL with vary LITTLE SPARKING.
                  It also is quiet and does not vibrate like all my other motors. This whole setup was quite a while in coming and a lot of work but is truely worth every drop of blood when you see it running and hear the power. That is it for tonight and will take pictures and do tests as well as more voltage Wed. and Thursday.
                  Ok, so you got the Turion 16 Poles...Generator and wound the Imperial like it?...I have shown different ways to do this Generator windings...which one you did?

[IMG][/IMG]

The Imperial I have displayed is grabbing Three Poles...3+3+3 at each North-South Coils...and that's the one Machine Alive did:

[IMG][/IMG]

Next time ...go to my photo-bucket main Library...is easier to find an Image there...and I also have Albums for dedicated Issues-Fields

ufopolitics's Library | Photobucket

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I do have a 3-pole motor from a cordless drill but no extra commutator so could not move forward with that.
                    I also have a universal motor from a vacuum cleaner which turned out to have 4-poles, which according to you is no-go. How many more vacuum cleaners do I have to open up?
                    I have 16 pieces of N42 neo magnets that I can configure into a rotor but you said they were tiny.
                    A tachometer recently bought for these experiments but never been used cuz I don't have a running motor yet.
                    I am still searching for suitable motors to modify, or, if I can understand your technology (which I don't), then perhaps I can make a running motor out of these neos and black sand.

So the quick answer to your question is no, I have not done any replications at all. Did I try? Yes I did.

Hello Lester, I think your universal motor appears to be similar to the one I have but did not complete the project as I started on the goldmine DUAL PENTAGON motor. Also started planning Imperial motor later on.

However, here is a result of two universal motors that I dismantled. (BTW, I forgot to show 2-Brush PCB assy). In the picture we have the following:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TWO POLE STATOR
                    TWELVE POLE ROTOR
                    TWO TWELVE POLE BRUSHES

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Warmest regards

light

Comment

• Radio Shack Motor...$5.39

Originally posted by Lester444 View Post

Hello Lester,

One of the very first motors that I have displayed here for all Members to replicate...is the CHEAPEST...I was able to find in U.S.

A Radio Shack $5.39 each small DC Motor...

RadioShack Super Speed 9-18VDC Hobby Motor : Hobby Motors | RadioShack.com

And that Same Motor is made in China...and is available Worldwide...
                      Other Members have been buying Motors from Goldmine and other resources and posted links all over...Three and Five Poles...simple builds.

I have made several amount of CAD Diagrams related to that Motor...As also Two Different Types of Windings...

THE P5 DESIGN

[IMG][/IMG]

THE PENTAGON DESIGN

I have shown several videos related to that CHEAP RS Motor...

VID00056 - YouTube
                      VID00057 - YouTube
                      VID00058 - YouTube

And still more work on this motor...

I have shown several Members here (And Still Do) to put together this CHEAP Motors...
                      I have displayed several Video Links from other Members that have replicated very Successfully this Design(s) for others to Follow Up making this Motor Replication(s)...

Radio Shack US Locations...

Radio Shack Hours and Locations | HoursMap

Recently Countries added to the Shack Stores...

Global Presence | RadioShack Franchise

So, after all this work, WE ALL, have rendered here... You have decided to start from different ways... and as I can see have not been successful...

I never said here ..."That Members had to start taking Vacuum Cleaners apart...until finding the right prospect..."?

The simple reason I have started from that CHEAP Motor...is for many Members to get familiar with the Technology, without making it a bigger investment...like Imperial deal.

I have also shown all paths to make the Three Pole design...also available (very cheap) in so many different types and manufacturers....GOLDMINE MOTORS for example:

DC Motors-The Electronic Goldmine

You will find great Motors there for $1.50 each...and LESS...$1.19...

Including the Radio Shack Model...here:

18V 10400 RPM DC Motor-The Electronic Goldmine

For $1.19 ea

After WE (Meaning "WE" as ALL Members replicating here) have shown ALL those CHEAP Motors, sources available Worldwide...I really can not accept any excuse NOT to make it.

And If You have not made this simple replication(s)..you will never get the main essence of this technology...

And It really does not matter how much knowledge you could have in Electronics...on the Contrary...it could be against your understanding of this.

So, please, try not to make any more assumptions into "New Designs/Concepts", or numbers of Poles Not Contained here...or Guessing/assuming/theorizing about this Tech...unless you make at least a $1.49X2=$3.00 USD Motor Replication...since it is the only way to understand it.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• After WE (Meaning "WE" as ALL Members replicating here) have shown ALL those CHEAP Motors, sources available Worldwide...I really can not accept any excuse NOT to make it.
                        Hello UFO,

It seems I have pressed the wrong buttons with you again. Sorry for that.

It is unfortunate that you think RadioShack has a global presence because that is simply not true. We do not have RadioShack here in the Philippines and I suppose you have no idea what it's like over here, right? A lot of your comments on where to source motors do not apply to me. You simply don't know about the rest of the world and so I will leave it at that.

Regardless, I have finally hit pay dirt (I think) and will commence with my build soon. I got 2x rotors now, 12 poles, 2 commutators, but no stator. Will let you know how that goes. That's our money right there, shown for scale. (~US$23)

Lester

Last edited by Lester444; 01-17-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lightworker1 View Post
                          TWO POLE STATOR
                          TWELVE POLE ROTOR
                          TWO TWELVE POLE BRUSHES
                          Thank you Lightworker. Yes this info helps a lot. With a 12-pole rotor I now see that I can match it with a 2-pole stator. Gotta search for some brushes later.

Lester

Comment

• Lester444
                            I did some rough checking about the economy in the Philippines and if my preliminary data is correct, in many cases a days work is worth 8 dollars, so that bill you show is three days work in many cases. A teacher brings home 320.00 USD a month. If this is the case, I am starting to understand just where you are with getting a motor. A guy has to eat I guess.
                            Dana
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hello UFO,

It seems I have pressed the wrong buttons with you again. Sorry for that.

It is unfortunate that you think RadioShack has a global presence because that is simply not true. We do not have RadioShack here in the Philippines and I suppose you have no idea what it's like over here, right? A lot of your comments on where to source motors do not apply to me. You simply don't know about the rest of the world and so I will leave it at that.

Regardless, I have finally hit pay dirt (I think) and will commence with my build soon. I got 2x rotors now, 12 poles, 2 commutators, but no stator. Will let you know how that goes. That's our money right there, shown for scale. (~US$23)

Lester

Lester,

PM Me your Mailing Address, I will send you some Motors and Materials.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• @Dana,
                                Yes the info you posted about our economy is close enough. Which is why a lot of retired foreigners choose to live here. Food is cheap and plentiful, white sand beaches, warm weather almost the entire year, and a lot of people can understand the English language. It's practically paradise so long as you don't have to look for motors.

@UFOPolitics,

Thank you for your generosity. PM sent.

Now look what I can do with junk: Rotor has been cleaned, shaft is a 6mm drill rod, miniature ball bearings, 2x commutators (still need to index those).
                                I'm thinking of moulding a stator out of black sand + polyester resin, 2 poles only, then wind it with copper wire. I'm going to drive the stator with constant-current, separate from the rotor feed, just to provide a magnetic field for the rotor. I will measure the rotor current separately.

Lester

Comment

Working...
                                X