Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviewing Times...

Hello to All,

This Post refers to ALL My Machines in General...like "An Upgrade"...should I say...
    However, I want to emphasize on Imperial Replications going on now, since they handle so High Amperage and Sparking at Commutators...this is the End of that Issue...

This also refers to the Main Material I have displayed previously on My other Thread...a while back, when We were Pulsing a Static Coil and getting reversed Radiant Flow through a Couple of Ultra-fast Rectifiers like this:

[IMG][/IMG]

For all those following Me since then...know that the Amperage at our "Hot Side" was pretty low, while we were loading Heavy CFL's of quite High Wattage and even HD Metal Halide Bulb Assembly (Transformers and Starters) as could also be seen on my Video here:

LIGHTING HID BULB ASSY WITH RADIANT ENERGY - YouTube

Well, it's been quite a while since then...

And We all got involved in winding Motors...and Generators...making stands...testing Torque...Amps-Volts...so it seems we all forgot (including myself, of course)...about this great set up here.

And actually the fact is...that those Solid Static Coils were nothing more than a reproduction of My Machines Circuit...but Static, Not Dynamic.

You guys have no idea How Much I have "traveled" back and forth from so many different set ups...that go as far as My Original Shaft Less Machines Structures, that I applied for a Patent around 16 years ago...

The answer to the huge sparking and great currents...was, in the very beginning what trigger Me to find the Radiant Energy Field, developing within those Coils...and now we have them again...and honestly...I completely forgot...about my first Thread development...incredible...isn't it?...well, is Human normal errors right?...

So I have here a Diagram related to the Imperial Asymmetric Conversion...reflecting the FLOW...as it occurs in ALL of this Asymmetrical Machines...BUT, Now Rectified, in order to "Re-Direct, Re Route" those heavy reversed flows to continue their supposed path...

[IMG][/IMG]

Here I am just feeding Input Through P1 and P15 Gate Terminals...so We get a Generator Output through P8 and P22 Gates (Note that I am NOT referring to Pair Coils...BUT Gates, and Gates allow the Continuous Flow from ALL Coils Pairs in the Armature)...So, this is the simple form, of just Two Inputs, Two Outputs...

The Shaded Areas in Black (at Positive Commutator) and Red (at Negative Commutator), represents the excess flow getting into our Input Gates from the reversed Radiant Fields or Back EMF...or else...as you please to call them...

Now take a look at My First Picture here...a single Static Coil...being pulsed by a FET...and through two diodes rectifying/controlling the reversed flow at Blue arrow...that was where we all connected loads...while our amperage at Hot/Red side was very low...

If You look at this last diagram...and check out D1a and D2a...related to P1 COIL (wound and fed from Pos Comm to Neg Comm)...we will have exactly the same arrangement as in My First Circuit...just freeze it in Time and Space...don't let the Motor run...please...

Oh!...but there is not a Pulsed FET there feeding it...right?...We are feeding it linear/straight...so what happens when you take the "Pause" off and keep playing that video?...P1 COIL Disconnects from Gate Feed P1...and starts a reversal process...till it "lands" at Gate P22 (Note Rotation is CCW) where it discharges an enhanced and amplified flow because of traveling within a Magnetic Field from Stators...remember Induction?...BUT P1 COIL is NOT the only one there...but 27 more P COILS...So here just started a Spiral of Amplified Flows Process that Increases as we increase speed (RPM's) of Armature...

That Reversed Flow..."Leaks" back into our Input Gates, creating a heavy colliding point at those brushes and commutator elements...heavy sparks...high amperage...terrible isn't it?

Well any of you that have constructed one of my motors (ANYONE)...could verify that D1a and D2a will show a reversed reading when Motor is running...and as a matter of fact I have displayed such diagram here...:

[IMG][/IMG]

However, here it is displayed at Generator Side...BUT NO MATTER, Do it at your Battery Input...it will ALSO SHOW IT CLEARLY.

So, what can we do?...simple...set those Diodes as D1,D2,D3 and D4 as they are connected at Diagram...Jumping to next brush all the reversed flow to our outputs...

Now, this is COMPLETELY RELATED TO OUR ROTATION SENSE...as note lower Commutator has Diodes reversed since they are forward biasing Positive Flow.

Simple wasn't it?

I will be uploading a Test Video with Imperial...with Diodes connected...as we take our Amperage-Voltage readings...

Now, when We Feed ALSO from Generator stage...like I have done before through all those tests... ...then the Reversed Flow gets Amplified "like if there is no Tomorrow"...Galore...and I will be rendering another Diagram on related Feed...

And...This is Linear Straight Feed...Not Pulsing this Machines Yet...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• hey UFO,

I haven't had a chance to really absorb what you just posted, I have been getting table ready, and finished the comms and bearings on motor and gen. I have the motor together now and did a quick test, this time there is much, much less spraking. I made sure the brushes were lined up with thier respective stator bisector. Not saying I didn't last time, but this time I focused more when aligning. I'm going to get the gen hooked up some time tonight and run it as well.

Again I only read breifly, cause I'm really trying to get this finished, UFO, so I believe your saying the gen should spin cw when energized , and that's how it will hook up to motor,

IMPORTANT: There would be some Adjustment/Tests you may need to do to Generator...to get the best timing possible, and I have forgotten about this, sorry, but "easy fix"...You must Test Generator to Run Counter to Motor (CW) when applying Polarity Reversed as it goes to Motor (the same way/polarity Generator will Output)...then you will have an excellent set there...Then Small Adjust moves for faster speed...check it with IR Tach...

Generator Brushes will be connected as Diagram shows...(Note that the Pairs Numbers Sequence are set different as Motor, Because they are opposite!) so you will be powering/Feeding it from what would be its Full Output Polarity.

If Generator still turns CCW when connecting it that way I wrote above...then you will have to do some more adjust and You let me know

However, I do not think you will have any problems at all...it should turn opposite at first Test Run.

The Point here is...Generator will be turning opposite to Motor, and it will be energizing its Coils as well...opposite, therefore, if it is set in timing exactly as Motor...it will assist Motor...and we want to make sure it is set that way...We want "All the Forces on our side" here...
      Now, I know the gen will spin cw if the positive input starts at a north stator bisector, since I had mags reversed with first stators, even though field was weak, so yes, one way or the other the gen will want to spin cw.

I will upload a vid with rpms and volts in, for a test, but motor and gen will be unbolted to the floor, promise the new rails will be finished soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
        hey UFO,

I haven't had a chance to really absorb what you just posted, I have been getting table ready, and finished the comms and bearings on motor and gen. I have the motor together now and did a quick test, this time there is much, much less spraking. I made sure the brushes were lined up with thier respective stator bisector. Not saying I didn't last time, but this time I focused more when aligning. I'm going to get the gen hooked up some time tonight and run it as well.

Again I only read breifly, cause I'm really trying to get this finished, UFO, so I believe your saying the gen should spin cw when energized , and that's how it will hook up to motor,

Now, I know the gen will spin cw if the positive input starts at a north stator bisector, since I had mags reversed with first stators, even though field was weak, so yes, one way or the other the gen will want to spin cw.

I will upload a vid with rpms and volts in, for a test, but motor and gen will be unbolted to the floor, promise the new rails will be finished soon.

Hey Machine,

Ok let me put it simple for You,

If You hook that Generator like is set on Diagram, or even all parallel or series like Your Motor is...BUT, INSTEAD of Hooking Positive where it is supposed to go...You reverse the Input Polarity...Generator is supposed to turn CW.

That is ALL I meant.

And the Way you will be getting Power Out of Generator, when You turn it with your Motor, which is turning CCW BUT Facing Generator (So Generator will be turning CW)...You will be getting the Output Polarity from Generator also REVERSED...as when You Fed it reverse and it turned CW...like I wrote above.

Comprende Amigo?...

Now it is very Important that You realize Generator turning and also Pairs of Coils in Sequence related to CW Rotation...So when You connect them ALL in series...You Do it EXACTLY IN A Sequence...NOT Jumping PAIRS...

Meaning P1 Brush Gate Negative to Positive of P8 Brush Gate...Negative of P8 Brush Gate to Positive of P15 Brush Gate...Negative of P15 Brush to Positive of P22 Brush...Negative of P22 Brush will be your FINAL NEGATIVE OUT...And P1 Brush Positive will be Your FINAL POSITIVE OUT...

So what I mean is not to join series randomly ...but following a sequence...that's all (for now... )

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello UFO,

Please help my understanding here. Is this how it is done in the drawing below? S1~S4 are the commutators, L1 & L2 are one rotor pole pair, L2 & L3 are another pole pair.

Upon switching, the energy stored in the windings of L1 & L2 is dumped to L2 & L3 via diodes, just like in a SMPS, similar to a flyback (boost) converter configuration.

If you agree with the description above then I do understand your concept.

Lester

Comment

• Lester, Lester...

Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
            Hello UFO,

Please help my understanding here. Is this how it is done in the drawing below? S1~S4 are the commutators, L1 & L2 are one rotor pole pair, L2 & L3 are another pole pair.

Upon switching, the energy stored in the windings of L1 & L2 is dumped to L2 & L3 via diodes, just like in a SMPS, similar to a flyback (boost) converter configuration.

If you agree with the description above then I do understand your concept.

Lester

Lester, Lester...

Nope, I do not agree with that circuit...so, nope, you do not understand my concept...

Lester, do you really think that you will draw a Static Circuit...a very simple one, in a board, with a couple of Diodes, four Inductors, a battery, four switches...and VUALA, that's it You got it!!??

What I have displayed in that Imperial drawing is a Dynamic System Lester...not Static or Solid State.
            And related to similarities to an SMPS or a Booster Converter...that was on a heavy debate in the first pages of my first Thread here...so, obviously...you have not read that part...more likely none of it.

First off, L3 and L4 do not get/receive main feed from Diodes coming from L1 and L2...
            L3 and L4 WERE the SAME L1 and L2, so they got energized by same battery source, "Revolved in Space and Time" disconnecting from source...went through a Magnetic Field and Reversed their charges and polarities by the time they got to where you draw them...

So, If you want to understand this...better go back to the First Diagram I posted...so simple...just One Coil, Two Diodes...an Oscillator and a Battery...dual flows...Hot (Red) and Blue (Cold, Radiant)...

But you can not picture a complicated Dynamic Machine from a circuit board simulation point of view Man!

Sorry Man...restart from scratch...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
              Hi UFO and all,

Got my 10 pole running.

Closed motor case. I best drill some holes in it so I can see what's going on.

If I was a locksmith it would have been easier to get the brushes in place.

It runs hot and needs 30 or so volts to get the rpm's up.

Doesn't seem like a lot of torque.

I'll get to work on the timing and some sight holes.

I also have an electronic gold mine motor allmost ready.

Keep'n on

bro d

Hi All,

Got 10 pole and goldmine motors both running very smooth.
              I have epoxy on the windings of the 10 pole so will give it the "scream test."

Has any one done a 90v dc motor.
              I have 2 but they dont match.
              I like that size motor. I'll have a look inside.

Thankyou for the invitation to learn, UFO and for staying in the teachers office.

bro d

Comment

• Excellent.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                Hello to All,

This Post refers to ALL My Machines in General...like "An Upgrade"...should I say...
                However, I want to emphasize on Imperial Replications going on now, since they handle so High Amperage and Sparking at Commutators...this is the End of that Issue...

This also refers to the Main Material I have displayed previously on My other Thread...a while back, when We were Pulsing a Static Coil and getting reversed Radiant Flow through a Couple of Ultra-fast Rectifiers like this:

[IMG][/IMG]

For all those following Me since then...know that the Amperage at our "Hot Side" was pretty low, while we were loading Heavy CFL's of quite High Wattage and even HD Metal Halide Bulb Assembly (Transformers and Starters) as could also be seen on my Video here:

LIGHTING HID BULB ASSY WITH RADIANT ENERGY - YouTube

Well, it's been quite a while since then...

And We all got involved in winding Motors...and Generators...making stands...testing Torque...Amps-Volts...so it seems we all forgot (including myself, of course)...about this great set up here.

And actually the fact is...that those Solid Static Coils were nothing more than a reproduction of My Machines Circuit...but Static, Not Dynamic.

You guys have no idea How Much I have "traveled" back and forth from so many different set ups...that go as far as My Original Shaft Less Machines Structures, that I applied for a Patent around 16 years ago...

The answer to the huge sparking and great currents...was, in the very beginning what trigger Me to find the Radiant Energy Field, developing within those Coils...and now we have them again...and honestly...I completely forgot...about my first Thread development...incredible...isn't it?...well, is Human normal errors right?...

So I have here a Diagram related to the Imperial Asymmetric Conversion...reflecting the FLOW...as it occurs in ALL of this Asymmetrical Machines...BUT, Now Rectified, in order to "Re-Direct, Re Route" those heavy reversed flows to continue their supposed path...

[IMG][/IMG]

Here I am just feeding Input Through P1 and P15 Gate Terminals...so We get a Generator Output through P8 and P22 Gates (Note that I am NOT referring to Pair Coils...BUT Gates, and Gates allow the Continuous Flow from ALL Coils Pairs in the Armature)...So, this is the simple form, of just Two Inputs, Two Outputs...

The Shaded Areas in Black (at Positive Commutator) and Red (at Negative Commutator), represents the excess flow getting into our Input Gates from the reversed Radiant Fields or Back EMF...or else...as you please to call them...

Now take a look at My First Picture here...a single Static Coil...being pulsed by a FET...and through two diodes rectifying/controlling the reversed flow at Blue arrow...that was where we all connected loads...while our amperage at Hot/Red side was very low...

If You look at this last diagram...and check out D1a and D2a...related to P1 COIL (wound and fed from Pos Comm to Neg Comm)...we will have exactly the same arrangement as in My First Circuit...just freeze it in Time and Space...don't let the Motor run...please...

Oh!...but there is not a Pulsed FET there feeding it...right?...We are feeding it linear/straight...so what happens when you take the "Pause" off and keep playing that video?...P1 COIL Disconnects from Gate Feed P1...and starts a reversal process...till it "lands" at Gate P22 (Note Rotation is CCW) where it discharges an enhanced and amplified flow because of traveling within a Magnetic Field from Stators...remember Induction?...BUT P1 COIL is NOT the only one there...but 27 more P COILS...So here just started a Spiral of Amplified Flows Process that Increases as we increase speed (RPM's) of Armature...

That Reversed Flow..."Leaks" back into our Input Gates, creating a heavy colliding point at those brushes and commutator elements...heavy sparks...high amperage...terrible isn't it?

Well any of you that have constructed one of my motors (ANYONE)...could verify that D1a and D2a will show a reversed reading when Motor is running...and as a matter of fact I have displayed such diagram here...:

[IMG][/IMG]

However, here it is displayed at Generator Side...BUT NO MATTER, Do it at your Battery Input...it will ALSO SHOW IT CLEARLY.

So, what can we do?...simple...set those Diodes as D1,D2,D3 and D4 as they are connected at Diagram...Jumping to next brush all the reversed flow to our outputs...

Now, this is COMPLETELY RELATED TO OUR ROTATION SENSE...as note lower Commutator has Diodes reversed since they are forward biasing Positive Flow.

Simple wasn't it?

I will be uploading a Test Video with Imperial...with Diodes connected...as we take our Amperage-Voltage readings...

Now, when We Feed ALSO from Generator stage...like I have done before through all those tests... ...then the Reversed Flow gets Amplified "like if there is no Tomorrow"...Galore...and I will be rendering another Diagram on related Feed...

And...This is Linear Straight Feed...Not Pulsing this Machines Yet...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Thanks so very, very, much for coming back to this UFO, i am so looking forward to handling, and efficently converting, and using, the reverse flow from rotor and stators on the MAG3-SB.

Would the new breed of SIC (silicon-carbide) diodes be the best way to do this? If so CREE have some high voltage products now. With virtually no reverse time they may filter extremly well.

Thanks again Friend,

BEST Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                  Lester, Lester...

Nope, I do not agree with that circuit...so, nope, you do not understand my concept...

Lester, do you really think that you will draw a Static Circuit...a very simple one, in a board, with a couple of Diodes, four Inductors, a battery, four switches...and VUALA, that's it You got it!!??

What I have displayed in that Imperial drawing is a Dynamic System Lester...not Static or Solid State.
                  And related to similarities to an SMPS or a Booster Converter...that was on a heavy debate in the first pages of my first Thread here...so, obviously...you have not read that part...more likely none of it.

First off, L3 and L4 do not get/receive main feed from Diodes coming from L1 and L2...
                  L3 and L4 WERE the SAME L1 and L2, so they got energized by same battery source, "Revolved in Space and Time" disconnecting from source...went through a Magnetic Field and Reversed their charges and polarities by the time they got to where you draw them...

So, If you want to understand this...better go back to the First Diagram I posted...so simple...just One Coil, Two Diodes...an Oscillator and a Battery...dual flows...Hot (Red) and Blue (Cold, Radiant)...

But you can not picture a complicated Dynamic Machine from a circuit board simulation point of view Man!

Sorry Man...restart from scratch...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Thanks UFO. The first sentence above would have sufficed. But you just have rain insults on people who are simply trying to understand your concept. Yes even after reading hundreds of lines of your writings and watching your videos I still don't get it. That's just too bad for me.
                  Have a good day UFO.

Comment

• Morning UFO, everyone

OK, first off, my camaera battery was dead, so I did make a vid with my phone but I have to email vids to myself, which takes a long time. But the vids are not much anyway, except to anyone doing the 56 motor. Second off I forgot to charge batteries, so I'm doing that now.

UFO, I hooked up the generator, as per your diagram. Not with motor hooked to gen,
                    FULL POWER OUT...and it ran cw , but it was only doing 800-900 rpm, but batteries may be low, although they read 38 volts.

so I hooked it up positive input started at p22 like your pic, in series, with p1 neg to ground. Acording to 56 drawing, that would be a ccw direction, you know, how the series coils are connecting, p22-p15-p8-p1. As I hooked it up I was wondering if since it now turns cw, would we numbering/ hooking up in series, coils in the cw direction?

I also put a 100 w incandescent across motor which glowed red, but that was all. RPM 2200. Again, need to recharge batteries and see. Ever since I epoxied the rotor and adjusted brushes, there is less sparking but less speed.
                    That first test with the sparks going crazy was really fast, I know load, but still, i wish I measured the rpm, and noticed which side of stator bisector the brushed were "heavy".

In the motor hookup, would I move brushes slightly cw relative to stator bisector for higher RPM, thats what I want to adjust, if rechargeing batteries do not help. And for generator, would brushes move slightly ccw relative to stator bisect?

But I have to get that bench done, I'm gonna try to weld (solder) aluminum with my oxy-acet, I have no argon.

Also, my bud at the electrical shop, has a bunch of DC caps, for motors, 250-450 v, probably 2000-8000 ufd, we'll see, hopefully they are good, and I won't have to buy anymore caps. That's where I'm off to now. So I can get some ordered, if these are no good.

regards
                    Machine

Comment

• caps

My bud just fixed me up big time. I got (9) 2200uf 350vdc, (2) 2200uf 500 v, and (2) 2900 uf 400v. Plus he has a whole lot more. His son just through out about 20.

He's got a big junk pile with psu's and controllers, heat sinks, the whole shabang.

Now, it's time to practice my welding skills

Comment

• Rain of Insults?

Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
                        Thanks UFO. The first sentence above would have sufficed. But you just have rain insults on people who are simply trying to understand your concept. Yes even after reading hundreds of lines of your writings and watching your videos I still don't get it. That's just too bad for me.
                        Have a good day UFO.
                        Lester,

If you took my answer as a "Rain of Insults"...I am very sorry, I did not meant it that way, so, I do apologize for my maybe wrong ways to express it.

I have displayed the Two Diodes, or better written are Four there...as an "Upgrade" to Imperial Motor Replications...never meant for someone trying to understand this to start from there, even though, the main and basic, simple concepts, I posted previously with my first Diagram in my first thread here...One Coil, two diodes, battery and a pulse oscillator...can not go any simpler than that.

Your viewing of it is wrong, Diodes are not there "To Dump" main charges to other Secondary Coils/Inductors, they are there as a way to deviate the heavy reversed charges from our Input, to assist rotation and to lower amperage population...So You can not use this very new upgrade to understand this main concepts.

Now related to Static Vs Dynamic...is true, Lester...you can never be able to compare this two Systems, they are completely different.

Now, may I ask you something else?

Have you made any replications of my Motors of any structural poles number, any size?

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hey Machine

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                          My bud just fixed me up big time. I got (9) 2200uf 350vdc, (2) 2200uf 500 v, and (2) 2900 uf 400v. Plus he has a whole lot more. His son just through out about 20.

He's got a big junk pile with psu's and controllers, heat sinks, the whole shabang.

Now, it's time to practice my welding skills
                          Hey Machine,

Get the 9 2200uF 350 VDC...that is awesome!...now test them before soldering them...just one shorted could bring the whole bank down at shortage.

Related to timing that is correct, try adjusting Motor by rotating brush housings CW...that would get you faster speed.

Generator is the opposite timing adjust (CCW) to gain more speed, however, it is normal you get much lower RPM's on Genny. But you got it right...it turns CW when reversing polarity input...excellent!

And...Your Batteries are dead or very low in "juices"...they may show top voltage but low in amperage discharge...so, charge them please.

Check out my latest post about Diodes connections to assist reversed currents/sparking to go output/generator gates...then load generator side at Motor and read amperage on both sides, Input-Output. Now this Diodes are ON MOTOR ONLY!...not on Generator.

Diodes should be very fast (ultra fast I would say) and pulsed currents around 100-150 Amps, and as lower as you could find them at reverse time/reverse resistance/reversed currents leakage...

This Diodes WILL reduce your sparking at Motor, lower your Amperage and get Machine running smoothly and stronger...it will help develop a stronger reversed field, as will get you more robust output...that is why check amperage at output with an Incandescent lamp.

KEEP TAKING TEMPERATURE READINGS AT DIODES!...If they get too Hot...they are not good...check temperature spec's.

Regards and good testing!

P.D: I know the Welding Guy will not understand much about this electronics deals...so try to explain it to Him very slowly...

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
                            Hi All,

Got 10 pole and goldmine motors both running very smooth.
                            I have epoxy on the windings of the 10 pole so will give it the "scream test."

Has any one done a 90v dc motor.
                            I have 2 but they dont match.
                            I like that size motor. I'll have a look inside.

Thankyou for the invitation to learn, UFO and for staying in the teachers office.

bro d

Great Donald!!

Excellent!...I am very glad you've got them running very smooth!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Great Run John G!

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                              Hi All

Just a few initial results from my converted Johnson, 3 pole motor.
                              The motor negative terminal was connected to the motor gen positive terminal.
                              I swapped the run and charge batteries over at approx each hour.

Total run time 4 hrs 15 min. Amp draw about 750mA.
                              Batt
                              1 2
                              12.13v 12.15v start voltage
                              11.88v 11.71v end voltage after resting

So overall drop of 0.69v

What is interesting is that the motor only gets pleasantly warm to the touch, as compared with the RS motor, that for me , was hot.

As UFO had posted up the self runner diagram, I thought I would connect up my motor and generator and see what happens – as you do! besides discussing with someone earlier in the day the possible need for limiting the amps from the cap bank. My generator puts out about 90v, so I fed that into 2 x 100v caps, total capacity of 11,300uF. On making the switch from the cap bank to the motor generator section, an immediate increase in RPM was heard and a bright blue flash/bang from one commutator end of the motor, with something bright flying out of one of the slots in the motor case.

So what have I learnt? Restrict the amps from cap? (use pulsing/inductor). Could do with a heavier flywheel because the motor rotor is quite light, and as the bearings are solid rather than ball bearing, I think the drag of the motor bearing will be a limiting factor.

Anyway next test with the motor will be with PWM – once I get the circuit going.

Hello John_G,

That was great!...excellent primary test run!

Now on the second test, the self runner...You know exactly what happened there...you dumped too much power to that little motor at once (90V!)...and the Inertia forces were not there for this small mass rotor...besides no bearings to stand higher speeds...

You could try a small resistance POT to feed smoother the Motor Generator side...since you should have Milli Amps there at Capacitor charged...and disburse it while reducing In Pulses...manually

Also, add a couple of diodes like I have shown at Diagram...small diodes IN4000 Family would do...that will get you higher Gen Out...and Motor will perform better. BUT, IF You are gonna feed Generator...make sure you also diodes-block it from getting reversed flow to Input.

Going PWM with a small 12 V oscillator will be great...and...How about another PWM to work opposite (meaning, Inversely Proportional...One comes down...other goes Up...) to feed Generator?

I believe (not sure though) that you could do that with just two 555 timers...and just one Pot (at LC Circuit)...first IC will be the "Master" outputting to Gates from leg 3 to Gates FET to Motor...the other will get from that Master leg three to its leg 2...and output from second "Slave-Mirror" leg 3 to FET's feeding Generator side...So you will have two Negative Drains out, one to Motor one to generator...Positive from Caps will Source FET's to Generator...and Positive from Batteries will do for Motor Input...will have to consult our electronic Engineer Sir John Stone for this...to make sure...

Sorry that you blew mechanically that small baby... !!...None of the Symmetrical Motors are ready (Mechanically) to handle the Very High RPM's of Asymmetrical Systems...that is a fact and applies to ANY Size...so, do not feel bad about it John.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for suggestions

UFO

Many thanks for comments and advice. The good news is the motor is ok - took it apart expecting to find some serious damage, but, except for blackening on the commutator, (which I removed with very fine sandpaper) all is surprising well, ohms and continuity fine. So not sure what the bright flying bit out of the motor was - trapped plasmafied spider?

I will try your suggestions,and of flipping between motor and gen, but I'll try using a circuit with a STAMP pic, now that I've sorted using an opto coupler and FET (all newish to me), just to see how it works - will post up results when done. I appreciate there are some issues with the opto couplers and waveform sharpness - but will find out the hard way - like dumping a large cap to a small motor!

Regards

John

Comment

Working...
                                X