Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
    Hello Ian and Happy New Year,

Yes you are completely right...Coils are not balanced there, in my opinion.
    THE 1000 Watts Symmetric Motor have a bigger constantly running Coil, reversing its polarity two times in a revolution (four brushes type right?)
    This unbalance could cause heating on either one...Controller-Coil-MOSFET's...or Motor

May I ask what Diodes you have there, rectifying at output?...are they Ultra fast Switchers?...are diodes getting hot?
    If You have the 1N4148 small crystal diodes...install them before your bigger rectifiers, same direction...BUT on the Hot side, which is the low frequency end...otherwise they will blow with Radiant Higher frequency...Then test it again and see what happens then.

Regards my Dear Friend

Ufopolitics
    G'Day UFO
    The diodes I have are fast ones sp35 reverse recovery 35ns 300v
    I do not have 1N4148's I will order some today if possible
    I was considering making a new larger coil the specs are in a previous post What do you think regarding this
    Regards Kogs
    Last edited by iankoglin; 01-02-2013, 01:14 AM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

• Yes definitively a larger coil will do...

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
      G'Day UFO
      The diodes I have are fast ones sp35 reverse recovery 35ns 300v
      I do not have 1N4148's I will order some today if possible
      I was considering making a new larger coil the specs are in a previous post What do you think regarding this
      Regards Kogs
      Hello Ian,

Yes, a larger coil will work better, more balanced there.
      A much accurate approach would be to take that 1000 W Motor apart...take armature out...and disconnect just one commutator element wire, look for the end and start point, so you do not have to cut any wires...then measure Resistance from the two ends, start and end.

Then you will have a better approach as what Inductance you are dealing with...

Do not order the diodes...it was just a test to see if your rectifiers were filtering Hot in a high percentage...that's all...however it is not the solution...

Only a balanced Coil with the motor windings will do run better there.

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Possible good 1st build motors

Hi All,

I ordered 2 of the $18.95 motors found at this link and also the $14.95 motors might be good also for a 1st build.

Dual shaft means that one will not have shaft length issues when modifying.

Surplus Center

Surplus Center has plenty on hand and have been good business wise for me

in the past.

bro d

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Hello Ian,

Yes, a larger coil will work better, more balanced there.
          A much accurate approach would be to take that 1000 W Motor apart...take armature out...and disconnect just one commutator element wire, look for the end and start point, so you do not have to cut any wires...then measure Resistance from the two ends, start and end.

Then you will have a better approach as what Inductance you are dealing with...

Do not order the diodes...it was just a test to see if your rectifiers were filtering Hot in a high percentage...that's all...however it is not the solution...

Only a balanced Coil with the motor windings will do run better there.

Regards

Ufopolitics
          G'Day UFO
          Thanks fo the fast reply
          I did as you suggested and the armature was one continuous wire measured 2.68 ohms complete it is a 20 pole motor and the ohms were from start to each succesive pole is
          0.3, 0.44, 0.59, 0.72, 0.84, 1.0, 1.41, 1.36, 1.51, 1.62, 1.74, 1.9, 1.97, 2.11, 2.23, 2.36, 2.47, 2.59, 2.68 Ohms in total
          The wire measured 0.88mm diam including enamel so I imagine is probably AWG 20 so that would make it 57.2 meters in length being 2.86meters per pole. a total weight of wire .48kg

I am waiting to order 3 ground shafts One for the scooter motor rebuils and one for the 1000W rebuilds and one for my Rear Drive axle for my Tricycle I cant order until after 14th or 16th

Kindest regards I really appreciate your help

Quietly Waiting for parts

Comment

• Tesla's stomping ground

Can't believe it, went home for new years and ran into a family friend who has relatives, actually related by marriage to my sister, of N. Tesla! I promptly informed him of how this forum has cracked one of his patents. It positively sent chills up my spine to realize I grew up in this man's stomping ground. I almost took an interview with Westinghouse (nuclear), but took a different way.
            Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Hi folks,

Still havn't had any time to work on motor, oscillator is fried. I made a little vid of my armature winding so ufo, or anyone, can make sure it was done correctly. Also checked the magnets in stator, never did that before so if it's not correct someone can let me know. In the video I say bisector, but I'm pointing at where poles1 and p2 , the bisector is labeled, 3 poles ccw.
              Tomorrow I am going to clean the comms and try to fire this up again.

56 rotor windings and finding poles.wmv - YouTube

Comment

• Magnets

I looked at my motor magnets and I think I have also that problem. I have put the rotor in the housing several times and did not notice that there was no hard pull, even a little bit. Could someone confirm that these motors should have a pull. I can not get even a screwdriver to stick,its as if they were wood. I am starting to understand even more why our country is falling apart. I will call them tomorrow I guess.
                Dana
                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Dana:
                  If you have the Imperial, you should have a monster pull going into the housing. I had a heck of a time with the little scooter motors I had. Many a time it would pinch me on the way. Those mags were way smaller than yours.

thay

Comment

• Just be aware, these have bronze bearings, not ball bearing. That bearing is rated for the factory speed and you are going to way over rev it doing this. Did a few motors in the past with them and typical they ship within 2 days of the order.

Let us know what the rotors look like and measurements.

thay

Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
                    Hi All,

I ordered 2 of the $18.95 motors found at this link and also the $14.95 motors might be good also for a 1st build.

Dual shaft means that one will not have shaft length issues when modifying.

Surplus Center

Surplus Center has plenty on hand and have been good business wise for me

in the past.

bro d

Comment

• I Can NOT Believe that!

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                      I looked at my motor magnets and I think I have also that problem. I have put the rotor in the housing several times and did not notice that there was no hard pull, even a little bit. Could someone confirm that these motors should have a pull. I can not get even a screwdriver to stick,its as if they were wood. I am starting to understand even more why our country is falling apart. I will call them tomorrow I guess.
                      Dana
                      Hello Dana,

Man!...I can't believe what I am reading...that Stator housing came with pieces of ceramic that are not magnetized!!??
                      It really does not make ANY sense to me...
                      Magnets are not going to loose their magnetism by traveling or a bang in the shipment...I mean, this things are big...

It does not makes sense at all...

As I can not think the whole Stator assembled goes through a "Magnetizing Process" that they forgot to do...

@Machine...Yours I see are Ok...both...that is good...and yes they swap their position, like I said on video...so have to check where South-Norths are...but they are easy to inter change since they are not glued...Good thing!!

@Dana and Iflewmyown: Let Us know what they said about this problem, please...as I am sure they will fix it...

Sorry you guys had to go through all that aggravation...

Regards to all

Ufopolitics
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Yes they do pull!!

Originally posted by thaelin View Post
                        Dana:
                        If you have the Imperial, you should have a monster pull going into the housing. I had a heck of a time with the little scooter motors I had. Many a time it would pinch me on the way. Those mags were way smaller than yours.

thay

Hello Thay,

Yes they do pull heavily In...and please guys be careful there...it will easy brake one of your fingers if they are in the way.

I filmed myself doing that process...you must get your other hand on the other side holding armature...while you are firmly standing...and still it suck it hard.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Imperial Spiral Asymmetry Winding

Hi UFO and All

Thank you for taking the time for the explanation and creating the image of the Spiral asymmetric winding. That makes it quit clear to the wind, as well as the Hammering Effect that you are creating. I can see now clearly how my idea of balancing the rotor would kill the effect that you are after.

Cheers
                          Jason

Comment

• Magnets

Hi Prochiro, Ufo and All

I also was astonished when I read Prochiro's post!
                            But I am afraid that those ceramics are NOT magnetized!
                            Last week I was lucky to take a visit to an electric motor manufacture company in which a friend works... He showed me ALL the process, from cutting the core plates to motor test!
                            And they use ceramics NOT magnetized when assembling the stator case... then they put it in a cylinder that gives a SHORT pulse to ceramics and gets magnetized.
                            I guess that your stator was not magnetized as Ufo said!

Hope Imperial can fix it soon!

BTW: @Netica I sent you a PM.

Nico

Comment

• @ufo

The front plate # is ges16w2brgflange
                              front 2 bearing kit# ge6205
                              you need taper for shaft, j609a smaller, j609b larger. do you know your taper? they have seven different size models.
                              please confirn before you order UFO.

@all, My magnets really do not seem that strong, I'm going to check them today, can't recall that strong of a pull when inserting rotor, not like it should have been. I'm gonna check if there is a shop around, that can magnetize/re-magnetize.

machine

Comment

• re magnets

Here's what I'm thinking. I think my magnets have weakened over time. There's enough to move the compass, but seems weak. usally, a shop will leave metal stuck to frame to keep magnets working, if I remember right. So, I have some strong permanant magnets I will stick to the stator, I don't know, maybe it will help them to remember what they need to do . If someone knows more about magnets, please post, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X