Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great.

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
    Finished, just got to do some checks and add wedges, I used 14 turns, I think I'll try 15 turns on next

[ATTACH]12664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12666[/ATTACH]

Great job Machinealive, I'm sure it will be a lively machine, You sure your'e not an electrical rewinder by trade?.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Big Effort.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Hello to All,

Ok, with this final assembly video plus all the winding parts...I believe You guys with the UFO Kit could make it perfectly...just following it...right?... ...right...

ASYMM_IMPERIAL_FINAL_ASSY_RUN_TEST - YouTube

Now, I should remind you All, that this original Motor was meant to output @36Volts/103Amps...2450 RPM's...and 4 HP...

Something else about this Imperial Conversion...

This Motor "AS IS" is a pretty good Asymmetrical Generator...BUT, there are ways to wind it differently than we did here (Dedicated Generator Winding)...however, based on same principle...same magnetic structure...and in previous posts here, I have mentioned all the related winding differences and connections...

For those , (like Machine Alive that has two kits)...it would be best to try the Generating Winding also...in one of the Armatures...I mean, whoever is interested on the "Generating Side of Asymmetrical learning"...but, I also understand some of You, may just want two Motors...to power the Symmetrical Mecc Alte...a vehicle or something else...so...no Asymmetrical Generator then, is fine...

The good thing about this Motor structure is its simplicity plus the roughness of its construction...so interchanging parts here is an easy piece...for example...all we need is a couple of commutators and a bare rotor...plus wire (of course) and we could wind a Generator for testing purposes...within same stator housing/base/connections of brushes......and so on...

I would keep making tests with the Mecc Alte Symmetrical Generator, that I will post results later on...as also an easy display of connectors to show all possibilities here...

Regards to all

Ufopolitics

Great work UFO, every one can see the tremendous effort you have put in, Thanks.

One thing, couldn't see the input and output meters in video frame.

Kind Regards, Cornboy.

Comment

• Hello Lightworker1

Originally posted by Lightworker1 View Post
        Hello UFO. Wow thats some big difference in the amount copper when comparing SYMMETRIC vs ASYMMETERIC Rotors. The heavy copper wire AMPERE-TURNS in the ASYMMETERIC MOTOR definitively has advantage on our side as the magnetic field stores energy. Great two pictures speak for themselves which otherwise will require thousand words.

For some reason two thoughts also came to my mind. One was about Newman Motor in which he also used lots of heavy gauge copper wire. Second was statement which Don Smith used make, “We need to play with the magnetic field where we can make as many copies of it without depleting the original in order to get more energy output then input.”

UFO wish you all the best and success here and in the coming year.

Warmest regards

light
        Hello Light,

Yes, a big difference indeed...

And it is exactly right what Don Smith said...

"“We need to play with the magnetic field where we can make as many copies of it without depleting the original in order to get more energy output then input.”
        That is exactly what we are doing in this Asymmetrical structures..."Making Copies"...Duplicates of the Input, separated by magnetic forces produced by their own input flow, braking apart from generation side...and traveling to a "Pick Up Port/Terminal"...

Now, it would be clearly understood...that IF We could be able to add in parallel...a small AC (Non Polarized, because their constant changing polarity) capacitor to each Pair/Coil...by the resonance dance created from the LC Circuit...the energy will be stored with much less decay...and the "Copies" will keep closer to originals in value through time...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Great videos UFO!

I had the rotor weighed at post office, 19.701 lbs, 8.955 kgs, for the data crunchers . I had to get some wooden wedges for a few coils, just couldn't get the fiberpaper in there.

UFO, I am wondering how far to take this, should I turn the comms a little, or bother. I may just pull the bearings off, take it to the electrical shop, and let them put it in the oven, let them solder and turn the comms. I still have to build my table and mount everything. I'm really busy right now, so that may take a little time, but I will asap.

Also, I would have no problem winding one of the rotor's for a generator, once this is done.

Machine

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
            Hello Light,

Yes, a big difference indeed...

And it is exactly right what Don Smith said...

That is exactly what we are doing in this Asymmetrical structures..."Making Copies"...Duplicates of the Input, separated by magnetic forces produced by their own input flow, braking apart from generation side...and traveling to a "Pick Up Port/Terminal"...

Now, it would be clearly understood...that IF We could be able to add in parallel...a small AC (Non Polarized, because their constant changing polarity) capacitor to each Pair/Coil...by the resonance dance created from the LC Circuit...the energy will be stored with much less decay...and the "Copies" will keep closer to originals in value through time...

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Hello UFO, indeed yes, if suitable AC Capacitor could be incorporated into Asymmetric Motor to achieve LC Resonance, the Electro-Magnetic Energy-Density within the motor could rise to a very high levels. Under those conditions Asymmetric Motor will not only just provide the mechanical motive power but also substantial electrical output on top of being a self-running machine. Definitively will be dream come true.

Wish All The Best

Warmest regards

light

Comment

• Machine is Alive!!

Great videos UFO!

I had the rotor weighed at post office, 19.701 lbs, 8.955 kgs, for the data crunchers . I had to get some wooden wedges for a few coils, just couldn't get the fiberpaper in there.

UFO, I am wondering how far to take this, should I turn the comms a little, or bother. I may just pull the bearings off, take it to the electrical shop, and let them put it in the oven, let them solder and turn the comms. I still have to build my table and mount everything. I'm really busy right now, so that may take a little time, but I will asap.

Also, I would have no problem winding one of the rotor's for a generator, once this is done.

Machine
              Hello Machine!

Wow!...that was very close to mine!...Mine was 19.79 lbs...yours 19.70 lbs...a difference of 0.09!...not even an accurate Swiss or German factory will use that error tolerance but higher...

My advice?...Do not take it that far...when you run it...it will create arcing every two commutator elements (you will see it)...so you will throw away all that precision great work and $$... in first run...

Did you use a 16 gauge wire as a retainer in each element wire?...if you did they will not come apart...I have taken mine to 5080 RPM's

What I do recommend is that when you make that frame for both Machines (Mecc Alte and Imperial)...just add a couple more angular's like to mount your other Imperial...also...my mistake...I did not do that!!...and now I will have (after am done measuring) take it apart again and make that Imperial stand...
              The thing is to be able to mount also Two Imperials face to face using just one frame bench...one as prime mover (you've got it already)...and second an Asymmetrical Dedicated Generator...

The Two Machines will support/assist each others like there is no tomorrow...

Then You WILL have fun for sure...

One more thing...

So far the Mechanical "weak point" that I have noticed in the Imperial's is the rear bearing (too small in my opinion, related to that huge rotating mass)...so I am gonna try to get a higher quality one within same spec's...

Other than that...is great!

Get ready for coming videos...have a seat.

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Space available...

Originally posted by Lightworker1 View Post
                Hello UFO, indeed yes, if suitable AC Capacitor could be incorporated into Asymmetric Motor to achieve LC Resonance, the Electro-Magnetic Energy-Density within the motor could rise to a very high levels. Under those conditions Asymmetric Motor will not only just provide the mechanical motive power but also substantial electrical output on top of being a self-running machine. Definitively will be dream come true.

Wish All The Best

Warmest regards

light
                Yes Light,

The problem is the space required...to install a 240V at around 10 uF...AC Cap...in each Pair...like in this Imperial...we will need 28 caps...

Only IF We could find very compact ones...micro ones...within those spec's...then the dream will definitively come true...

As this will also highly decrease arcing at start/stop...since Motor, during operation does not spark at all...it is just at start and stopping...cause charges have nowhere to go...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• @UFO
                  A ground on three way run switch may solve some sparking but I would sure like to see some caps in there. I wonder if with just a little stretch of commutator distance, this could work. I am winding now and when done, will have a closer look at that idea. You said 10uF, what voltage range and type of cap would work if it was possible?
                  Dana
                  Dana
                  PS I see 240V but must they be super or regular AC type.
                  Last edited by prochiro; 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: PS
                  "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hello Prochiro

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                    @UFO
                    A ground on three way run switch may solve some sparking but I would sure like to see some caps in there. I wonder if with just a little stretch of commutator distance, this could work. I am winding now and when done, will have a closer look at that idea. You said 10uF, what voltage range and type of cap would work if it was possible?
                    Dana
                    Dana
                    PS I see 240V but must they be super or regular AC type.
                    Hello Prochiro,

It could be lower than 10...0.4/0.5...0.8 uF...But yes definitively a 240V...and that makes them big...well long...not that thick...but not regular ones will all fit in there my friend...
                    You could see them in the electronic lighting control switches as also on the remote control ones...like the one Netica uses on His Video with Coil-Motor running no amps rising under mechanical load to motor...remember?...they are normally yellow...long, elliptical...used to be called Condensers...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Regards

Comment

• My RS status

I am trying to double my motor size by putting two motor bodies together, magnets abutted N-S. I see the RS red wire is thicker than the original gauge. I was re-using the original wire (don't laugh, no shorts anywhere so far) bc I wanted to try to hold down the amps a bit. With a double rotor size I was putting 10' of wire at about 3.9ohms per coil. Pretty sure I got the brush positions right and the winding, but guess not, it just takes about 2amps at 12v, feel a little pulse with power on, no hum, no rotation, gets warm. I will try to find miswindings as I disassemble and try again. May skip the double rotor and just stick to a single size. Could swear I understood the winding, but hope the explanation is I got my CW and CCW directions mixed up (more than once?). And I understand that the brushes are parked in the gaps between magnets. Saw some talk about an optimal tuning position there but couldn't find anything better than the pdf book of about a dozen windings assembled by a forum participant.

I like that cap idea, they have to fit in the coil circuit on the rotor sounds like?

What about the idea of using an asymetrical DC generator charging a bank of batteries (caps?) using a grid tie inverter? Or using a Starpower 16 generator at FTC Energy, the guy boasts 92% efficient in a youtube video, Low RPM Generator Test - Calibrated - 92% Efficiency - YouTube, Seems they may sell for $1-2K.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Happy New Year too
                      Last edited by sampojo; 12-28-2012, 12:57 AM. Reason: more to say
                      Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Sampojo
                        I have put four together and is a monster. First, if you used the same wire and spread it over two rotors, you have less winds and that will be bad. Use the red wire as it is larger, has less ohms(target is 1 to 1.5) and wind with the same number of recommended winds as single RS motor. You cant get away from amps. The larger and more powerful your motor is the larger the amps. Does your rotor spin freely with no power. If it hits anything it wont run. Something is definitely wrong as ten feet of that small wire should be 1 Ohm.
                        Dana
                        "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Ohms.

Finished, just got to do some checks and add wedges, I used 14 turns, I think I'll try 15 turns on next

[ATTACH]12664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12666[/ATTACH]

Hello machine, if you don't mind, what resistance did you end up with on coil pairs?

Thanks Cornboy.

Comment

• coil resistance

Hello Cornboy, UFO, everyone
                            I just finished getting those wires locked into comms, I used 17 ga.,which fit just a little easier, after I tapped them in they seemed tight. Checked the rotor and no short to shaft, I ended up with an ohm reading of .3-.4 to .4-.5. That seemed pretty low. Unless I messed up and used wrong size wire, spool said 18 ga. My meter is not an expensive one, so maybe higher. Does that seem right UFO? I was expecting .5-.7ohm.

Machine

Comment

• Wire Length.

Hello Cornboy, UFO, everyone
                              I just finished getting those wires locked into comms, I used 17 ga.,which fit just a little easier, after I tapped them in they seemed tight. Checked the rotor and no short to shaft, I ended up with an ohm reading of .3-.4 to .4-.5. That seemed pretty low. Unless I messed up and used wrong size wire, spool said 18 ga. My meter is not an expensive one, so maybe higher. Does that seem right UFO? I was expecting .5-.7ohm.

Machine

Hello machine, and Everyone, do you have an idea of the length of wire used per coil pair Machine?. Resistance could be worked out that way.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Here are some good tables.

http://www.williamsonic.com/WireTabl...MagnetWire.pdf

6.38 ohms/1000ft, use .37 and .5 for ohms range. 58-78 ft.

I would have guessed 14X 2.5-3 ft/coil
                                Last edited by machinealive; 12-28-2012, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X