Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter Reading

Hi All

It's a little difficult to read on UFOs great new video, the Chicago meter.

But this motor/prime-mover is looking like using 23.8amps @ 34.48 volts input = 820 watts. The output as in pic below:

This is looking very impressive IMO.

Last edited by john_g; 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM. Reason: ops wrong figures

Comment

• Damaged and short items with UFOkits

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Hello Jeffy39,

Jesus man!!...what a mess there on your shipment!
      First report to UPS and have ready a report of damaged parts replacement, get your Money Up Front first from them...it is a Transport Claim...

However...We have to talk to Dyann, I rather have Machine do it ONLY...since He was the one to prepare the UFO Kit with Her...

Now, what I think would be worth it and BEST for all of new shipments...

@Machine Alive, Please explain what has happened to Dyann, with this two orders...So she will have to speak seriously with the Shipping Department Manager on this...The thing is that this parts are way too heavy...and being loose...inside Bubble wrap and a cardboard box...and not labeled "Fragile"... Fragile with that weight??!! (UPS guys are gonna say)...Fragile My A*S!!.. )

I would suggest the following Machine...

Ask Dyann how much more it would be to have the rotor machined/cut outside perfect....then have someone assemble-at least- the heavier parts all together and bolted on...like the Rotor inside the Stator Housing, then attached to the rear bearing housing...with bearings mounted...and the front steel cap also...so rotor stays well protected inside stators...

Not to press Commutators On...So just wrap very well the rest of pieces in a separate envelope (two commutators and the extra brushes board...and...that's it...
      This way for sure the armature rotor will never be damaged...neither the Stator "missing"...and they will not keep banging each others with that weight...

I mean, explain to Dyann, that they would be saving money by doing this operation...

The thing I suppose is...they have never done this before...so shipping dept...have no idea of all this heavier parts, that barely need replacement...on how to ship them...all together in same box...

I bet you...they have never,ever sold an unwound armature...much less without commutator on...

I mean...this are short distances shipments within US and Canada (around the corner)...but...imagine how this Motors will arrive to our dear friends in Australia??...Ian Koglin and Cornboy555?

Now, Dyann is on Vacation until the 26...so...to others that have not ordered yet...I will recommend to wait/hold on...til this issue gets resolved...as also...after Holidays are over...as I believe shipments in this crazy days are very hectic handling operation.

Regards and I am really sorry about your damages!!...

Ufopolitics
      G’Day UFO,Machinealive, ETAL
      I already have been in touch with Dyann as I have placed my order for my 3 UFO packets
      And paid for them
      I sent her an Email including a word document explaining what has been happening listing the posts of Machinealive, lightworker1, iflewmyown, and my own experience with the parcel from Mecc Alte
      And asked her to make sure my UFO Kits had all the parts and that they are packed secure
      She emailed me back and said
      Ian this needs to go to customer service. I have forwarded it to them

So I suggest that anyone having problems with the packaging should see the carrier service first as it really is their fault BUT also notify customerservice@imperialelectric
      As they really should have packaged them completely and securely
      When you do send an Email be polite and DO NOT blame them. If the package is short of an item or damaged.

Kindest Regards Kogs

Comment

• Hi Ian,
        Thanks Ian, that is exactly the way to go. I really can't imagine that imperial would ship products like that. Since Ian did exactly what I would have done, there is no point of me doing it again. Lets see what happens, how its handled by imperial, and ups.
        I really feel bad you guys. I just don't know what else can be done. Everything will work out, I'm sure, but I know it, when your excited, and you have to wait, it sucks.
        If any body can think of something I can do to help, please let me know.

Havn't got to see video yet, UFO, I'm still working, but can't wait.
        I would love to see your winding video, UFO. Did you use the spiral of life, or a different winding, I thought you posted a different one, will go back and check.

regards
        Machine

Comment

• power

UFO & John S....
          I also do robots and remembered that Sabertooth does some big things. Here is just a clip from a page
          Model: Sabertooth 2X50HV Specifications: 50A continuous, 100A peak per channel
          12-48V nominal, 62V absolute maximum
          This control is small and only 125.00USD.
          Search be sabertooth motor control dual
          "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Imperical Electric

To those ordering the kits.

I received the ufo kit a couple days ago and it also did not come well
            packaged. It apeared that they tried to put it into a foam type packing
            but it must have made its way out, Athough nothing was damaged, there
            where parts missing. The long bolts and the Stator with magnets where not
            with the packaged parts. I have sent an email and will wait for a responce,
            to see what they will do.

Otherwise this will be 1000 time easier to start with than having to unwind
            the motor from scrach.

Below is the picture of the parts received.

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
              UFO & John S....
              I also do robots and remembered that Sabertooth does some big things. Here is just a clip from a page
              Model: Sabertooth 2X50HV Specifications: 50A continuous, 100A peak per channel
              12-48V nominal, 62V absolute maximum
              This control is small and only 125.00USD.
              Search be sabertooth motor control dual
              Great properties!
              It is a H-Bridge and I wonder if the internal diodes of the FETs short circuit the motor coils if they are switched off. I'd like to have a schematic in order to build it myself with modified FET arrangement. Else we could buy it and extract the FETs not used.
              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• It is hard to see very well in the video, but from what I can see, here are the results:

INPUT:
                VOLTS: 34.5
                AMPS: 23.8
                WATTS: 821

OUTPUT:
                VOLTS: 119
                AMPS: 8.53
                WATTS: 1015

EFFICIENCY: 124%

Comment

• I guess the thing now will be more testing with different meters and equipment to verify results.

After several tests of similar results, replication would be in order.

Comment

• Hello John_G

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                    Hi All

It's a little difficult to read on UFOs great new video, the Chicago meter.

But this motor/prime-mover is looking like using 23.8amps @ 34.48 volts input = 820 watts. The output as in pic below:

This is looking very impressive IMO.

Hello John G,

I will be making other day time video on this same measurement, as I am still not happy with this video either, I want to also measure increase on RPM's when second Rotor Field Coils are turned On, as when it is running with the 1000W Load On.

For those who want to check this video frame by frame...and also print clear pictures of every frame...there is a good and free software out there called Movavi Video Converter and Player...you could scroll frame by frame, and select to print.

I do NOT want to edit any of this TEST videos, nor clip/cut them into different tracks, and show clear pictures of readings...but one main original, non stopping during whole run.

[IMG][/IMG]

That is the frame you are displaying done with Movavi Software

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• More Suitable Testing

Originally posted by velacreations View Post
                      I guess the thing now will be more testing with different meters and equipment to verify results.

After several tests of similar results, replication would be in order.
                      Hello Velacreations,

I have been searching on Tooling to check exact Generator Output, as Diagnose Type, including Sine Wave Display, Hertz, and Max Out under load, etc...those are great Analyzers...but in my budget...they are unreachable...we are talking over the $3000.00 USD ...and I have not found but only Three Phase Types...however, this equipment could be used to measure just for one Phase or Dual (240V, Two Live One Neutral)

It would be great if someone out there replicating this...could have access at least to "borrow" from a friend this type of analyzers...I really do not have that possibility.

On the other Hand, I am still not happy with results til I pulse-control this set, as also I am not happy with Battery Bank either.

I am working along in a Low Consuming AC Input Battery Management System (BMS) to keep batteries charging while it takes over the feed...not a simple find. I have tried with a 70 Amps Welder...but Voltage drop down -below feed (27V)- as it rises Amperage...I am presently working on an Automotive "Power Station" set of 450 running Amps...900 peak...but 12V System, and of course it could be used three of this units to work with just one Main AC Power Supply..but that takes time, money and testing...and I have to go back to keep making $$...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM.
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• PDF for SABERTOOTH

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                        Great properties!
                        It is a H-Bridge and I wonder if the internal diodes of the FETs short circuit the motor coils if they are switched off. I'd like to have a schematic in order to build it myself with modified FET arrangement. Else we could buy it and extract the FETs not used.
                        Hello John, and Prochiro ,good morning

Here I have found the pdf for Sabertooth Controller...idk, it looks "too flimsy"...too "light" to me...to be able to really handle 50A (per Channel)...

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/...ooth2x50HV.pdf

There are many functions of the H Bridge that actually we do not need here, like reverse or brake regeneration, 5 V Out for other low input, etc,etc...

However price is very attractive...only getting to test it will lead Us to know if...or if not's...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Hello Velacreations,

I have been searching on Tooling to check exact Generator Output, as Diagnose Type, including Sine Wave Display, Hertz, and Max Out under load, etc...those are great Analyzers...but in my budget...they are unreachable...we are talking over the $3000.00 USD ...and I have not found but only Three Phase Types...however, this equipment could be used to measure just for one Phase or Dual (240V, Two Live One Neutral)

It would be great if someone out there replicating this...could have access at least to "borrow" from a friend this type of analyzers...I really do not have that possibility.
                          You might contact JLN: The JLN Labs home page He has tons of equipment, and might be able to test.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          On the other Hand, I am still not happy with results til I pulse-control this set, as also I am not happy with Battery Bank either.

I am working along in a Low Consuming AC Input Battery Management System (BMS) to keep batteries charging while it takes over the feed...not a simple find. I have tried with a 70 Amps Welder...but Voltage drop down -below feed (27V)- as it rises Amperage...I am presently working on an Automotive "Power Station" set of 450 running Amps...900 peak...but 12V System, and of course it could be used three of this units to work with just one Main AC Power Supply..but that takes time, money and testing...and I have to go back to keep making $$...
                          I have an inverter/charger on my solar system. They work well and can be found fairly cheap. Mine will charge at whatever rate you want, it is easily programmed. I think the max mine will do is 2,000 watts, but you would not need one that big.

Comment

• Readings from latest test:

Battery Voltage NO LOAD:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT SWITCH ON:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON:

Battery Voltage WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON LOAD ON GENERATOR:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON LOAD ON GENERATOR:

Generator Output WITH LOAD ON GENERATOR:

It is noted that the voltage drops from 120 to 118 and holds as seen from the next 3 images.

Comment

• Why the world is the way it is... Let's improve?

I know exactly who he is, etc. All it did is factually support my intuitive assertion that this was a real life do-er, not a B.S-er. His real life persona is irrelevant here to most is my guess because he has withstood the test of time. Now notice he got his device going and is ongoingly refining it. And note that so too is the 3 battery project... No one yet here is perfect is what I see.

As I've mentioned before to some degree, what we have here is a failure to communicate; but since both projects are moving forward so well at this point in time, why waste time bickering, especially now? Why are two of the more interesting "move the ball forward" projects here (not putting anyone else down) arguing amongst themselves? There is plenty of room for success on the podium, but time is getting short due to many situations - time is more and more becoming valuable so please, save me and others some time with agreeing to disagree and let the testing, replication and such do most all of the talking?

As John Stone mentioned, we here are likely all adults, we really are intelligent enough at some point or other to see if someone is calling an ace a deuce, thank you all for the warnings!

Best wishes to both of these and all of the other honest projects out there. Godspeed.

Comment

• Thank You for great Frames

Originally posted by djex81 View Post
                                Readings from latest test:

Battery Voltage NO LOAD:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT SWITCH ON:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON:

Battery Voltage WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON LOAD ON GENERATOR:

Battery Amps WITH LOAD INPUT AND OUTPUT SWITCHES ON LOAD ON GENERATOR:

Generator Output WITH LOAD ON GENERATOR:

It is noted that the voltage drops from 120 to 118 and holds as seen from the next 3 images.

Thanks Djex,

Those are real good quality frames as also Description/Titles for each Image...great work.

Now, like I said before...I will be making a "Day Light Test" in a few minutes...However, in same place I took them last night...well, this Early Morning...

Yes, of course System will "decay" as time goes by...since there is no Power Supply taking over Batteries, nor charging them either...plus no pulsing control either.

This are rough, very "primitive" and simple testing of System to show its Capacity in Torque, Speed, reflected at Generator Output...

I am also going to measure Hertz at Input and Output (Generator Mains), as Speed when Sw1 On, then with both Sw1 and Sw2 On...as when Load (lights are On)...I have charged batteries overnight....

To me Speed is very important here, basically at Gen Load On time...and it is somewhere around the 3400 RPM's...so that is right at Generator Spec's Range.

The Hertz at Generator should be around the 60 Hz...fluctuating...

All this Measurements are NOT Constant, they keep fluctuating within a given range...since We do not have a Robust Controlling System running this set as of now...

Also, we have to realize that DC Amperage and Pulsed DC Amperage are Two completely different things...and My Motors Pulse at Input-Output all times....The same that AC Amperage is completely different from DC Linear feed Amperage...and the difference is huge...AC is much lower...I mean peanuts...when I measure the same points.

Regards and thanks again, this pictures "talk" by themselves...

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X