X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts are on their way

Good-day everyone

@all
    Spoke to mecc alte, gen was sent yesterday.

Donald Haas Hi All,

Brand New Engines | Belt Driven MeccAlte 5000/6250 Watt Generator Head With Outlets #S16W-105BD

This Belt Driven model will save the fabrication time and expense.

$150 more than Northern tools.

If the Imperial and the Mecc Alte are on common rails than the coupling should be excellent.

The only place that I have seen this model is at the above link.

Free shipping!!

Hope this is not just an ignorant suggestion.

bro d
    Mecc alte will add that plate for $50.00, I didn't order it because I want to hook up to tranfer switch, but still, save money and add your own recepticles. You could hook up to either belt or universal coupler, they don't supply pully or coupler, same shaft.
    I'm not sure why UFO had to fit the bearing on end plate of mecc alte, mine comes with end plate and bearing, unless he did that to gain shaft length, or I'm forgetting something, I was going to add coupler right onto mecc alte shaft.

Also, @all, Dyann emailed this morning and said my motors were shipped today, and she would email me the tracking number.
    Can't wait.

Got my controller working excellent, I'm going to leave it run tonight with 36v, on the small 3 pole. I want to see how much abuse this thing will take, and for how long. Hopefully it will not cook, its gotta run continuous, right.
    I'm making a nice table from angle iron, and will bolt to floor.

@sampojo
    Q2. Can I go with the same wire gauge as what is in there, rather than the Green RS 30ga. ? The coils will be twice as big, so couldn't I use a little smaller gauge (thicker wire) and more wire to approach the recommended ohmage, 1- 1.5, I think? I want to get as much power as I can, so I would just as soon fill the armature. When unwinding I noted that each coil had about 65 turns and 2 ohms, and it looked like 26 ga. Probably the only thing that matters is that each coil have the same # Windings, and thicker wire will just mean more power consumed and output?
    I think your fine, like you said, your input power can't be as high, lower input, or burn your windings.

Oh yea, I ordered 2 motors from imperial, I will make a video unpacking them, to show how they arrive, as well as generator, if someone wants me too.
    Machine
    Last edited by machinealive; 12-11-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
      OK. so DadHav got twice the rpm per volts on his replication tests. The imperial 56 frame motor can get up to 10 hp. So lets assume the Imperial redesign can get 20 hp, and no CEMF. So say 60% of the power was wasted before by the CEMF and it is now recovered. An induction generator may be 80% efficient. Throw in a 10% loss due to friction. That leaves 30% OU, or 6hp, @ 745watts per hp, leaves a 4.5KW generator. If the Mecce is less than 80%, adjust as required. Belt design could lose another 10% too.

prime mover $500 w/components (no labor costs remember you are a slave)
      genhead $600
      TransferSw $1000
      control circ. ?
      PM pwr. circ ?

Installed Home Depot 10KW Generac system $8800 (NE USA)

All in all, that would be a better return than the stock market.
      Hello Sam, At this late stage of the game, I don't want to stir things up but I can't let my video be misinterpreted. If I let your statement stand it might lead people to believe I don't know what I'm doing. I never said the increase in RPM (KV) was accompanied by a proportional increase in torque or horsepower, as a matter of fact for me it was quite the opposite. I found the KV change to act similar to any brushed, brushless or symmetrical motor. An increase of KV usually means less torque and more current draw. If your motor can handle the watts you can get the torque but at the cost of high current draw. If you watch the end of the video you will see event the simplest air screw load drew excessive current and I had to stop before the motor smoked. If you are building an RS conversion make sure you test it past the point of measuring voltage. Sorry if this is disappointing news but I have to stick to my guns, until something shows me I've tested inappropriately.
      Good Luck with your build.
      John Hav

Comment

• UFO fabrication with Mecc Alte

[QUOTE=machinealive;218054]Good-day everyone

@all
        I'm not sure why UFO had to fit the bearing on end plate of mecc alte, mine comes with end plate and bearing, unless he did that to gain shaft length, or I'm forgetting something, I was going to add coupler right onto mecc alte shaft.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
        If I understand this right then the tapered shaft that UFO worked on for the Mecc Alte was the same type of shaft that is on a gas motor for the gen head and it fits into a female receiver in the gen head and the Gen Head uses the gas motor bearing as it's front bearing.

Ufo is fitting the tapered shaft into the gen head and then to the bearing mounted on the fabricated plate and then to the coupling to the Imperial shaft.

The Mecc Alte that is designed to be belt driven can be coupled as is, to the Imperial. No fabrication work is needed. UFO got his mecc alte for low bucks and reworked the tapered shaft setup for use with the imperial.

bro d

Comment

• This is all very interesting to me. Keep up the good work all!

Comment

• Hello Sampojo

Thicker wire that the original allows for higher volts-amps management, and therefore stronger magnetic thrust and obviously greater watts intake.

In the 5 poles armature I winded it dualpentagon mode with 28AWG and some 45 turns/pair (remember that every pair has same length of wire, not same N of turns)

Cheers
            Alvaro

ASYMETRIC WINDING v 01 Nov 2012.pdf

Comment

• Reply to Dadhav

Originally posted by DadHav View Post
              Hello Sam, At this late stage of the game, I don't want to stir things up but I can't let my video be misinterpreted.
              I find your work very thorough. And I was fast and loose with the numbers, kinda tongue-in-cheek humor, and just hoping for the best here.
              But the increased no-load rpm is still a data point. Did you use the green wire? 1-1.5ohm. Can't remember your current values. The higher ga. at lower ohms than the orig design certainly would burn up easier. I feel like going with at least 2 ohms on my doubled rotor. I am thinking I want to use this motor as a generator, a good load to slow down the more powerful? asymmetric single rotor motor I am planning. Like to see how much useful power is being gained from the radiant windings. Don't expect OU of course with toy motors... Gonna try some car window motors, rotors the size of your hand next. Could just hook an induction motor to that too, a mini-imperial design. By then we will know what we have and I will look at a UFO kit...
              Joe
              Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                I find your work very thorough. And I was fast and loose with the numbers, kinda tongue-in-cheek humor, and just hoping for the best here.
                But the increased no-load rpm is still a data point. Did you use the green wire? 1-1.5ohm. Can't remember your current values. The higher ga. at lower ohms than the orig design certainly would burn up easier. I feel like going with at least 2 ohms on my doubled rotor. I am thinking I want to use this motor as a generator, a good load to slow down the more powerful? asymmetric single rotor motor I am planning. Like to see how much useful power is being gained from the radiant windings. Don't expect OU of course with toy motors... Gonna try some car window motors, rotors the size of your hand next. Could just hook an induction motor to that too, a mini-imperial design. By then we will know what we have and I will look at a UFO kit...
                Joe
                Hi Joe, Of course, I should have recognized you where in a slight tongue in cheek mode, I think I'm like that most of the time. You're right it's all about data gathering at this point with the little motors. Are you planing on using the green wire? oh man, I would use the red if I where you. Just kidding Joe! I use wire that I by locally, it is red and the company spooling it is Philmore Electronics I believe. I like this wire because it will tin without scraping the insulation off. I'm not sure what the green wire is. RS? If I remember right my resistance was about 1.3 - 1.5 ohms over the brushes. It is a toy motor but a good starting point to see if you can get the winding and timing correct. In my opinion even a motor of this size should show some promising signs of encouragement. You will have to get past the popular voltage measurement and the thrill of seeing the motor run faster to find out for sure. If UFO's upcoming video shows an over unity device, then I would think you'd be looking at a good setup. I'm sure there will be a block buster sale of motors if there's a convincing demonstration.
                Did you ask about the magnets? All my motors had the magnets come loose after removing the springs.
                Take care.
                John Hav

Comment

• Sampojo
                  Just warm the case with the torch for a few seconds and the magnets should fall out with the aid of a screwdriver. Do not mend the case with the magnets still in there, it will really weaken them,
                  Dana
                  "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Let me be direct :

I have seen ufopolitics channel and his design for asymetric motor

I dont have time to read whole thread at the moment, just to ask this question?
                    Any measurements of OU so far using adymetric double comutator motor , any OU proves?

Mechanical work + output VS input

Why not connecting output from motor to battery that drives it ?

Comment

• Grizli
                      I haven't posted in quite a while, but can say a few words from my own experience. Having built a few of these motors (just 3 and 5 pole), I can tell you they have interesting electrical properties, and promising interaction with batteries in terms of charging and reconditioning.
                      In my view, there are similarities in what can be developed with the UFO motors and what Gray did with his motor.
                      I'd recommend you build at least the 3 and 5 pole motors and see what happens with them at the generator and input ends - how the electricity/radiant energy works in this setup with linear DC. Then try it with pulsed DC... You may very well find there is more than what meets the eye (or the digital multi meter :-). There's a lot of potential for different kinds of applications in terms of efficiency, torque, and perhaps more .
                      I'd recommend getting a few cheap small motors, giving it a try, and seeing where it takes you.
                      Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by grizli View Post
                        Let me be direct :

I have seen ufopolitics channel and his design for asymetric motor

I dont have time to read whole thread at the moment, just to ask this question?
                        Any measurements of OU so far using adymetric double comutator motor , any OU proves?

Mechanical work + output VS input

Why not connecting output from motor to battery that drives it ?
                        G'Day grizli
                        You need to read all of the Posts on UFO's 2 Threads to Understand exactly what He has accomplished and then build the machines as he has instructed so as how to understand what it is all about otherwise you will never understand or be able to replicate what he is intending for all of us to understand.
                        Kindest Regards

Kogs trying to help

Comment

• Re shaft On Mecc Alte

[QUOTE=Donald Haas;218072]
                          Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                          Good-day everyone

@all
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          If I understand this right then the tapered shaft that UFO worked on for the Mecc Alte was the same type of shaft that is on a gas motor for the gen head and it fits into a female receiver in the gen head and the Gen Head uses the gas motor bearing as it's front bearing.

Ufo is fitting the tapered shaft into the gen head and then to the bearing mounted on the fabricated plate and then to the coupling to the Imperial shaft.

The Mecc Alte that is designed to be belt driven can be coupled as is, to the Imperial. No fabrication work is needed. UFO got his mecc alte for low bucks and reworked the tapered shaft setup for use with the imperial.

bro d
                          G'Day Donald Haas, and All
                          Just as above
                          The mecc alte comes in 2 models
                          one has one end plate with a bearing and has a female taper in its shaft in the other end where there is no bearing this is to enable the unit to fit directly to a motor whose shaft where it connects to the altenator is tapered with a male taper so as to marry up with it.

The other model comes with 2 bearings and has a parrallel shaft t which has a key fitted this is the one that Donald Hass showed previous here
                          Brand New Engines | Belt Driven MeccAlte 5000/6250 Watt Generator Head With Outlets #S16W-105BD

UFO bought he first model af which he said he bought special and so he showed a video of him as he made an end plate fitting a bearing and making the tapered shaft to fit.

I am in the process of buying the parallel shaft one with end plate and 2 bearings in Aus for $550.00 AUD plus $70 delivery saves modifying

Kindest regards

Kogs trying to help

Comment

• Videos

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            Oh yea, I ordered 2 motors from imperial, I will make a video unpacking them, to show how they arrive, as well as generator, if someone wants me too.
                            Please do make as many videos as you are able! They would be very useful and a good way for others to get a flavour of the first builder experiences.

JJUK
                            Last edited by JJUK; 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                              Grizli
                              I haven't posted in quite a while, but can say a few words from my own experience. Having built a few of these motors (just 3 and 5 pole), I can tell you they have interesting electrical properties, and promising interaction with batteries in terms of charging and reconditioning.
                              In my view, there are similarities in what can be developed with the UFO motors and what Gray did with his motor.
                              I'd recommend you build at least the 3 and 5 pole motors and see what happens with them at the generator and input ends - how the electricity/radiant energy works in this setup with linear DC. Then try it with pulsed DC... You may very well find there is more than what meets the eye (or the digital multi meter :-). There's a lot of potential for different kinds of applications in terms of efficiency, torque, and perhaps more .
                              I'd recommend getting a few cheap small motors, giving it a try, and seeing where it takes you.
                              Bob
                              Problem is removing comutator from one motor and placing ito another identical motor to have two comutators...

But acording to UFO politics t here should be some OU at least ?

Originally posted by iankoglin View Post
                              G'Day grizli
                              You need to read all of the Posts on UFO's 2 Threads to Understand exactly what He has accomplished and then build the machines as he has instructed so as how to understand what it is all about otherwise you will never understand or be able to replicate what he is intending for all of us to understand.
                              Kindest Regards

Kogs trying to help
                              I would like to make one.. I just want to hear real results before I start brom best replications here, I am just wondering anyone got OU ?

Sometimes OU is hard to measure especially with motor becanue we need special exuipment to measure mechanical work, anyone here managed to do so ?

Also using two identical motors. one with asymetric and another with symetric setup , doing identical work , we may measure energy input for symetric and energy input and energy output for asymetric...

Comment

• Measuring Energy Input

Originally posted by grizli View Post
                                Problem is removing comutator from one motor and placing ito another identical motor to have two comutators...

But acording to UFO politics t here should be some OU at least ?

I would like to make one.. I just want to hear real results before I start brom best replications here, I am just wondering anyone got OU ?

Sometimes OU is hard to measure especially with motor becanue we need special exuipment to measure mechanical work, anyone here managed to do so ?

Also using two identical motors. one with asymetric and another with symetric setup , doing identical work , we may measure energy input for symetric and energy input and energy output for asymetric...
                                G'Day grizli
                                As You read through the post you will find the answers to What you ask there is no shortcut UFO has shown us how to make the simple "PeonyBrake" to measure these machines there is no shortcut You need to read like everyone else.

UFO has explained time and time again the things you ask

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X