My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Cornboy,

I know, those big comms are big time expensive. India sells nice mica, you probably have the skills to make your own. If your elements are big enough, you could likely use 4" copper pipe, cut and countersink screws into wooden or mica core, maybe.
    Next, try to find scrap welders/generators, I got 1 about 3' diameter, and 1, 6" diameter comm out of the big gen I posted. Probably $1000.00 of parts, for free.
    Just a thought, good luck.

Comment

• Here's another comm company, they deal in mica tubes also.

http://http://aximmica.com/mica-commutators.html

I found their site once, but never called, was gonna try to make some of my own, when I saw how much the big commutators cost. I'm sure there all close to the same price though.

You could also try Dianne at imperial, they may have large comms for other products.

Comment

• Cornboy...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
        Hello UFO, sorry but could you please send 36 Pole CAD again, the one you sent had no dimentions on it.

Thanks Busy Friend.

Regards Cornboy.
        Hello Cornboy,

I already sent it again..."last call"...tell them I opened with the software Ian Koglin gave us here DraftSight...and perfectly...so if it ain't opening AGAIN, tell them that UFO SAY...to either upgrade their CAD or change operators...

And all the CAD's are at Thingiverse...find me there.

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Thanks UFO.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Hello Cornboy,

I already sent it again..."last call"...tell them I opened with the software Ian Koglin gave us here DraftSight...and perfectly...so if it ain't opening AGAIN, tell them that UFO SAY...to either upgrade their CAD or change operators...

And all the CAD's are at Thingiverse...find me there.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Thanks UFO, got it, opened perfect with draftsight, thanks Ian Koglin, all dimentions are clear, thanks for your time UFO.

Kind regards, Cornboy.

Comment

• The Invoice on its way...

Thanks UFO, got it, opened perfect with draftsight, thanks Ian Koglin, all dimentions are clear, thanks for your time UFO.

Kind regards, Cornboy.

No problems Cornboy,

Invoice on the way to Australia/name: UFO CAD Engineering...sorry, but no American Express...

Some Garlic would also be fine as payment...

Regards

Ufopolitics Engineering Group
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Righty o.

No problems Cornboy,

Invoice on the way to Australia/name: UFO CAD Engineering...sorry, but no American Express...

Some Garlic would also be fine as payment...

Regards

Ufopolitics Engineering Group

You got it UFO, can spare some garlic, we may all have to barter soon the way things are going.
              Only thing is i think they would zap it with radiation on the way there in the name of border security.

Wouldn't want to make you glow in the dark my Dear Friend.

Comment

• Thanks.

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                Hey Cornboy,

I know, those big comms are big time expensive. India sells nice mica, you probably have the skills to make your own. If your elements are big enough, you could likely use 4" copper pipe, cut and countersink screws into wooden or mica core, maybe.
                Next, try to find scrap welders/generators, I got 1 about 3' diameter, and 1, 6" diameter comm out of the big gen I posted. Probably $1000.00 of parts, for free.
                Just a thought, good luck.

Thanks for your'e help Machine,i am waiting to hear back from comm co in india who told me they could make me some 4" comms in 2-3 days.
                they wanted shipping details for quote, so they mean it.
                Price will be interesting, will post here.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• We Will See.

Thanks for your'e help Machine,i am waiting to hear back from comm co in india who told me they could make me some 4" comms in 2-3 days.
                  they wanted shipping details for quote, so they mean it.
                  Price will be interesting, will post here.

Regards Cornboy.

Hello again, Raut Electro-Mech industries in India are custom making me 2x comms from silver bng copper (Cu-Ag 0.1%) Moulded, 100mm brush dia, 25mm bore, 35 bar length, 36 bars, supplied in export worthy packaging, to my door, for Total $340.00 US.

They said they will take a week to arrive!

Will post pic when that happens. Don't have smiley with crossed fingers.

Comment

• Great News!!!

Hello again, Raut Electro-Mech industries in India are custom making me 2x comms from silver bng copper (Cu-Ag 0.1%) Moulded, 100mm brush dia, 25mm bore, 35 bar length, 36 bars, supplied in export worthy packaging, to my door, for Total $340.00 US.

They said they will take a week to arrive!

Will post pic when that happens. Don't have smiley with crossed fingers.

Hello Cornboy,

Those are great news!!...The Commutators are one of the most important part of that Machine...as is the Core.

You already have chosen the brushes that are going to be sparking, I suppose.

That is gonna be a Monster!

Great News Cornboy!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hi UFO,

Just to let you know, I seem to have solved the problem. I had been pulsing with the polarity reversed!
                      When testing pulsing circuit on a normal motor everything had seemed fine, since a normal motor is symmetrical and it would simply run in the reverse direction. Your designs however are asymmetric .....

Anoop

Comment

• got my mecc alte

Hey UFO,

I found this distributor for Canada and US...direct from Mecc Alte

U.S.A. and Canada
                        Mecc Alte Inc.
                        1229 Adams Drive
                        McHenry, IL, 60051
                        Tel. 815/344-0530 Fax 815/344-0535
                        Email: info@meccalte.us
                        Thanks UFO. gen head coming.
                        S16W-130

HOORAH, HOORAH, HOORAH

Comment

• Pulsing Reverse polarity...

Originally posted by Anoop View Post
                          Hi UFO,

Just to let you know, I seem to have solved the problem. I had been pulsing with the polarity reversed!
                          When testing pulsing circuit on a normal motor everything had seemed fine, since a normal motor is symmetrical and it would simply run in the reverse direction. Your designs however are asymmetric .....

Anoop
                          Hello Anoop,

Of course, like I wrote before, there was something definitively wrong in Pulses-Timing communication between machine controller.

By pulsing reversed and timing NOT set at Neutral,but opposite to energizing...You are rotating it, but VERY "Behind" in timing, which brings wrong pulses of the coils at their positioning related to stators.
                          Reason why it overheats and very poor rotation at higher pulses.

BUT, Still, all the errors I cited in the construction prevail as Gap size, Plastic encasement of rotor and stators will also bring poor performance and end up burning up.

As Rotor wires MUST be secured by hedges, or any kind of retainers between pole gaps...this motors reach very high RPM's, higher than factory spec's, therefore We have to provide what factory does not.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            Hey UFO,

Thanks UFO. gen head coming.
                            S16W-130

HOORAH, HOORAH, HOORAH

Hey Machine!!

Glad you've got it!!...hope you've got a good deal there, is closer to you and direct from authorized distributor...

Geez, You Guys are cooking...I better hurry up...or you will be running this thing before me on 12-12-12...

That Generator Design is great...very smooth, and Stator-Armature is not as heavy as our Imperial beast Rotor...

I am done sanding-smoothing epoxy, what a Mission!...You have no idea of that boring, tedious and hard work, my hands are destroyed...I am starting the winding tonight...

That is a great idea to check if Imperial makes a 36 Pole Motor, no matter if Stator wound (but I doubt Dyann will know that...only the Engineering Dept.)...even better if it would be same diameter as the 56 body armature!!...but I doubt we have that much luck...
                            Still, I am thinking of making rotor from scratch (36P) same diameter as 56 Frame...then...Aha!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Brushes

Hello Cornboy,

Those are great news!!...The Commutators are one of the most important part of that Machine...as is the Core.

You already have chosen the brushes that are going to be sparking, I suppose.

That is gonna be a Monster!

Great News Cornboy!

Regards

Hello UFO and all, brushes are 1" x .25", from a short circuit motor i have. Brush plate has 8 brushes and complete plate assy costs about $130.00. Will need to order another assy so can have 12 .

I will be mounting brushes so input brushes and output brushes are adjustable independant from each other for fine tuning.

Hope all is well with everyone.
                              Cornboy.
                              Ufopolitics
                              Having trouble doing stuff on here, went to submit and it said i hadn't used enough caracters?
                              Last edited by Cornboy 555; 01-18-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• UFO Package

@John Stone, All,
                                Tried to order with Dyann today. She wasnt avail, so I left msg.
                                Count me for 1 for sure. Maybe 2, depending on shipping to NM.
                                Any good leads where to order wire?
                                Regards,,,jeffy39

Comment

Working...
                                X