Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commutator Build

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
    What the hell time is it there UFO. Don't go burning out on me. I'm sitting here drinking gallons of water and a beer trying to rehydrate after digging out garlic all day, it was 30c here today.

BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO SAY THANKYOU UFO. Hope i can help you one day.
    Hey Cornboy,

I was going to tell you...in the event that no 36 element commutator is anywhere in the Planet...and the cost to order from scratch is too high...

Ask Your WaterJet Guys...how thick on metal their machine could go.

If they could go around 40-50 mm deep...then we can make the commutator...

I have done it before.

First get all the Brushes and their respective housings...the Motor I am working on uses pretty big size brushes...but there are many places may be closer to you...then get me the brush width (so I could CAD the right size elements)

Second find a nice thick (40 -50 mm thick) block of copper, and around 80X80 mm (ask them at WaterJet how wide besides real size to be cut they need)

The way I do it is to get a Full Ring build from a CAD...with all elements together bonded by a thinner outer structure just to hold them together maintaining exact gaps...They cut it...

Then you have to get the "BAKELITE" (I will provide the sources) is some kind of a sand (phenol formaldehyde) that they use in real heavy duty commutators...it has to be oven at high temperatures...but there is a process to it...first a lower temp will turn it into a kind of plaster/cream to fill ,press and mold it between spaces...then set it at Higher Temperatures.

When it is completely dry and cool, then just need to cut off the outer joint elements and Lathe it...to smooth outer surface and drill a center hole..done deal.

The Source I got this from is HEXION in Germany

Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc.

...but now they changed their name to "MOMENTIVE"...kind of Corp deals...

Momentive.com - World Leader in Specialty Chemicals and Materials

I asked for a Sample of it to give it a try...free...and they sent me 1 Kg...enough to make a few commutators...

The Compound Sand-Resin is called BAKELITE PF 13- 889 - P33
    PF stands for Phenol Formaldehyde

It is not a simple deal...I know...but just in case

I had to do it this way, since the type of commutator I needed does not exist...and can not be made...so I had to go this method.

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 11-29-2012, 08:13 AM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello UFO and all
      Did Tesla figure out how to make a symmetrical gen asymmetrical by adding a third brush and therefore center tapping the coils.
      http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Mat...sla_patent.pdf
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• What a motor

UFO, I watched your latest vids again, and the more I watched the more I reliezed what a nice big motor, that 56 imperial is. Also, I kinda felt bad for jumping into my own thing, after you gave us this , and asked us to help by replicating, but I'm only sort of replicating your work.

So, although it's probably too late to release my results when you do, I called imperial today, and spoke to Diane. What a wonderful, nice lady she is. Either that or UFO really charmed her , because I got a really good deal on the first try.

motor P56MD003 $375.00
        brush board assemble 0515032 $34.50
        commutators 0567028c $25.00 I bought 3 for that price
        Shipping to canada unknown

Are these parts correct, I only bought 1 motor because of shipping, no haggling for discounts with UPS.

Cornboy, those are good prices for those big comms. But Toledo is probably next place I would check, they are Kirkwood industries, or kirkwood holdings, now, I think.

So I am gonna do this as well UFO, at least try, it will be 10 days till I get mine probably. So I get some time to find a big gen head, and play with my home made motors, and the small gen head.

I did fry at least one fet. I'm gonna check rpm on constant dc next.

I get so self absorbed in what I am doing, I forget to, step back sometimes, and give my head a good shake. But everything you have told me so far UFO, has been right on.

Comment

• Hi Cornboy,
          you asked for armature CAD. How are you gonig to contstruct your stator? Iron and coils or PM?
          John
          Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi john stone,

Haven't heard from you lately. How's your testing going?

Comment

• Hi Machinealive!
              thanks for your last vid. It is very informative.

Including ALL:
              May I give you the hint to use shorter and thicker wires. You can use multi stranded wires along screw terminals.
              1. FET driver and FET shall be a short wired unit.
              2. Leads to your coils shall be massive and short as well. (Imagine a fire figthger having a normal garden hose available only! After days he will have gatherd enough water in order to kill the fire
              3. Twist the leads from your motor to the driver - else you have a nice aerial increasing linearly with the area your open wires encircle. This might cause oscillaltions of your driver. And it will deminish the hard impact SHE responds to or it can kill your meters if SHE visits you strongly.

I discussed the reasons in the other thread. It does not depend if you push steep slopes and high amps once for µs or all the day. The basic construction shall be the same - except - in the latter case you have to provide cooling for teh wires.
              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hello UFO & Friends, I take clove of garlic two or three times a week. Many studies point to lot of positive benefits for the body. For example,
                Scientists have confirmed the medical effect of garlic against flu and cardio-vascular diseases. To all appearances, garlic may help to cure a great number of other serious diseases. “Significance of Garlic and Its Constituents in Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases” was the name of an International Research Symposium held a couple of years ago at Georgetown University.
                Two cloves of garlic a day keep doctors far, far away - English pravda.ru

I know the frustration with OIL vampires is making everyone here impatient but on the positive note we are now moving at the LIGHT SPEED.

I am trying out Dropbox which is available on windows, Apple, and Linux for file sharing. Please lets see if the members of this forum are able access Pat Kelly's "A Practical Guide to ‘Free Energy’ Devices" PDF.
                here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p6k01z5cq...%20to%20FE.pdf

I hope this is successful.

warmest regards
                lightworker

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                  Hi Machinealive!

Including ALL:
                  May I give you the hint to use shorter and thicker wires. You can use multi stranded wires along screw terminals.
                  2. Leads to your coils shall be massive and short as well. (Imagine a fire figthger having a normal garden hose available only! After days he will have gatherd enough water in order to kill the fire
                  3. Twist the leads from your motor to the driver - else you have a nice aerial increasing linearly with the area your open wires encircle. This might cause oscillaltions of your driver. And it will deminish the hard impact SHE responds to or it can kill your meters if SHE visits you strongly.

I discussed the reasons in the other thread. It does not depend if you push steep slopes and high amps once for µs or all the day. The basic construction shall be the same - except - in the latter case you have to provide cooling for teh wires.
                  Hello JohnStone, thanks for the great advice on FETs. I will keep all that in mind when I design my next unit. Also sometime back, I was considering replicating "otto_ronette_TPU_ECD-V1_0.pdf" TPU Device. In it was suggested using IRF7307 to perform wave shaping or steepening the pulses before feeding MOSFET Gate. For example, consider page 7 of the pdf document:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3flvoy5ma3...%20IRF7307.pdf

I try using IRF7307 device to drive MOSFET or MOSFETS. I will greatly appreciate your advice. Many Thanks.

Warmest regardl

Lightworker

Comment

• Yes, Thanks John Stone,

Always appreciate your advice.

Who has a good line on brushless gen heads, where did you get your MECC ALTE, UFO, I don't have enough time to look back through posts.

Comment

• Electro.

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                      Hi Cornboy,
                      you asked for armature CAD. How are you gonig to contstruct your stator? Iron and coils or PM?
                      John

Hello John, permanent magnets are an easy option if it were possible to obtain that size. Havent tried to find, sure they would be special order.

Will be making electromagnets with iron powder and resin with secondary windings for more out to charge batteries.

The thing with permanent magnets for EV use above 80c starts to affect them and impact can damage them,for EV we need bulletproof, and completely scalable!.

It will be interesting when changing from linear feed to pulse feed.

Regards Friend.

Comment

• Mecc Alte

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                        Yes, Thanks John Stone,

Always appreciate your advice.

Who has a good line on brushless gen heads, where did you get your MECC ALTE, UFO, I don't have enough time to look back through posts.
                        Hey Machine,

Glad you've got great prices from Dyann, and yes she is a lovely Lady.

Now I was trying for Her to work out a deal with Engineering and Admin level staff of Imperial...to get Us all a package where they will give Us an Unwound Motor...but epoxy coated...and no fan...that way they will save on time-materials...and would be (should be) even more economical...plus an extra commutator and a brush board...it will be called a UFO Package...Did you mention UFO right?...so here it goes...or yours is wounded?...If it is CALL HER BACK...and tell her about it...

The Mecc Alte I got it at Northern Tools ...but I got such a great deal because it was ordered a while back and never picked up...normally they do NOT keep in inventory generator heads...that was a "lucky one"...I found...they left it (after a few visits) at $200.00.

Mecc Alte comes with all North Star Honda Generators...

Regards friend and do not worry...be happy!

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM.
                        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Stators

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                          Hello John, permanent magnets are an easy option if it were possible to obtain that size. Havent tried to find, sure they would be special order.

Will be making electromagnets with iron powder and resin with secondary windings for more out to charge batteries.

The thing with permanent magnets for EV use above 80c starts to affect them and impact can damage them,for EV we need bulletproof, and completely scalable!.

It will be interesting when changing from linear feed to pulse feed.

Regards Friend.
                          Hello Cornboy555,

Did you "hydrate" enough last night?...

Ok, the Stators, in order for that motor to haul a**...should be done also with steel lamination's stator core...my friend...but separated into individual "Modules" (meaning, not enclosed within a heavy and huge steel ring)...but bolted to a structure to support them in place that could be Aluminum as it is a great Heat Sink.

Now, remember you have three main stators pairs here that would be pulsing at same rate as your Input...while you also collect energy from them at off sequences(as also your output gates) through your rectifier block...This Machine at Off Times will be running/outputting on Radiant...(all hot would be turned off for that nano second of lapsed time)

But first do your rotor work...you still got a lot to do there...as also you have to come up with the rotor height...versus how many laminates to make...

@John Stone: Great advices like Always John!!...

Keep going at this "ratio" we all will Rock and Roll the World soon...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Great Hints John!!

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                            Hi Machinealive!

Including ALL:

Thanks very much John Stone, grrreat advices...like always...

Hello to All,

Please follow this advices "religiously" as they are VERY IMPORTANT to keep all this spec's...wires are very important as your Transport Means here!!...Size and Gauge is very important to prevent failures.

You most see the wires they use on EV's...they look like Garden Hoses...We do not need to go that far...but still we do have to keep a good robust circuit there.

@ John Stone,

John, we need to figure out a simple as possible system to control My Set Up with the Imperial Motor as the Generator is requested more load ...Normally the Gas Engine has a small little rod (governor or compensator) that opens the Carburetor Gas Throttle to keep the required 3600 RPM's, when engine starts coming down on RPM's...and We all know when we add the loads this "Symmetric" Generators get stiffer, therefore, the Motor needs to increase Input/Output...as it is supposed to come down after load goes off (like for instance an Air Conditioner...when it kicks the Compressor Motor On in its cycle to the refrigerant, and turn it off when expansion valve is satisfied )

We need a circuit, like a shunt type voltage regulator, I may say, that will keep this communication protocol automatically going on during operation.

This is not a "hurry deal"...as We could manually increase power when installing a load on...as also we have a range of RPM's to keep the AC Out Flow steady...that NOT necessarily needs to be EXACTLY and "O'Clock" 3600 RPM's...but could be a Range Interval between...from 3200 to 3800...so we have a "wide play" there to keep Prime Mover running without worries.

Further on we will develop a temperature sensor to kick on a Fan...to cool off machines...which -of course- would be an asymmetrical one...

Regards to All

Ufopolitics
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 11-29-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Hi UFO,

Yes, UFO, I mentioned your name, and Diane started giggling. I forgot about the wiring so I phoned back and asked if they would leave rotor unwound, I hope she will call back and say, its a go, because that would save 1-2 days labor, I'm sure.

Thanks again UFO, now to look up that gen head.

By the way, the small 3 pole ran at 1570 rpm and seemed quite, torquey, on 44 v constant dc. I ordered some larger diodes today, I had the cap across gen output, but forgot the diodes, that may be why the fets fried, but in the scope shot at the end of last video, when you see spikes in your signal like that there is usually a fet fried, at least i have noticed that.

Somebody asked me to build them a Houlda Clarke Zapper, never built one of those before, sounds quite amazing, if it works like is claimed.

Comment

• OH Crap.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                                Hello Cornboy555,

Did you "hydrate" enough last night?...

Ok, the Stators, in order for that motor to haul a**...should be done also with steel lamination's stator core...my friend...but separated into individual "Modules" (meaning, not enclosed within a heavy and huge steel ring)...but bolted to a structure to support them in place that could be Aluminum as it is a great Heat Sink.

Now, remember you have three main stators pairs here that would be pulsing at same rate as your Input...while you also collect energy from them at off sequences(as also your output gates) through your rectifier block...This Machine at Off Times will be running/outputting on Radiant...(all hot would be turned off for that nano second of lapsed time)

But first do your rotor work...you still got a lot to do there...as also you have to come up with the rotor height...versus how many laminates to make...

@John Stone: Great advices like Always John!!...

Keep going at this "ratio" we all will Rock and Roll the World soon...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Hey UFO, yeh not too much beer though, still got lots of hard yakka to do.

Well the motor literally has to haul ar***, so better do properly, iron powder is so easy for me, can pour any shape. Can pour it in locked in to alum housing no bolts required, and have great and different shape for winding wire.

What is reason UFO ,will it not build as much flux transfer?. It will handle pulsing, changing fields to 10khz or so without heating much.

I'm getting price for 110 2mm lams as we speak, figuring that 200mm long rotor section would be a nice start, and a few for stuff-ups.

I need to know if it definatly needs to be lam stators so can start drawing up rough design, already had iron powdes design clear in my little brain.

Regards Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X