Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F & P motor and some tips...

Greetings all:

I dropped my armature and extra commutator off at a local vocational school to have the commutator fitted. That will be ready to go early next week. (Waiting is killing me!!)

Tip: Get to know the Instructors at your local vocational/technical center. I have been able to act as an 'Industry Advisor' for them in exchange for having them work on my machines. Mostly, they just need someone from outside the educational community to sign off on what they need to improve their offerings. Two or three meetings a year is a fair enough trade.

Another tip: The motor rewind shops in my area sell magnet wire at cost plus standard markup. This makes the cost in the $6.00 to $8.00 per pound rather than the $10.00 per pound on most Ebay listings. Shops in your area may do the same.

Some time ago, I ran onto this website: The Back Shed ,
    and thought about hanging one of the F&P rotor/stators on a Bedini wheel. Or, hang the rotor on a UFO motor.....

More direct BYS link: TheBackShed.com - Contents

The stator can be wired for AC in several ways, or Bedini SG style.

Stator: Whirlpool Washer Motor Stator 8565170 | eBay

Rotor: Fisher Paykel Washer Rotor 420919P w/Nut 425016 | eBay

The stators are available in several variations, having differing numbers of coils. Be sure the rotor matches the stator.

The idea here is not to replace the large motor/alternator combo that Mr. UFO is working on, (me too!!), but to give us another option to play with on a small motor setup.

Enjoy!

glen

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenWV View Post
      Greetings all:

I dropped my armature and extra commutator off at a local vocational school to have the commutator fitted. That will be ready to go early next week. (Waiting is killing me!!)

Tip: Get to know the Instructors at your local vocational/technical center. I have been able to act as an 'Industry Advisor' for them in exchange for having them work on my machines. Mostly, they just need someone from outside the educational community to sign off on what they need to improve their offerings. Two or three meetings a year is a fair enough trade.

Another tip: The motor rewind shops in my area sell magnet wire at cost plus standard markup. This makes the cost in the $6.00 to $8.00 per pound rather than the $10.00 per pound on most Ebay listings. Shops in your area may do the same.

Some time ago, I ran onto this website: The Back Shed ,
      and thought about hanging one of the F&P rotor/stators on a Bedini wheel. Or, hang the rotor on a UFO motor.....

More direct BYS link: TheBackShed.com - Contents

The stator can be wired for AC in several ways, or Bedini SG style.

Stator: Whirlpool Washer Motor Stator 8565170 | eBay

Rotor: Fisher Paykel Washer Rotor 420919P w/Nut 425016 | eBay

The stators are available in several variations, having differing numbers of coils. Be sure the rotor matches the stator.

The idea here is not to replace the large motor/alternator combo that Mr. UFO is working on, (me too!!), but to give us another option to play with on a small motor setup.

Enjoy!

glen
      Hello Glen, There is a lot of prior art that can be absorbed with these motors. There have been a lot of people using them in place of axial flux generators for wind mills right. Pulse applications are also being done. I always thought a machine with a precision rotor of neo magnets and some special considerations to special windings would really be some fun experiments but I never got around to getting my hands on one of the motors. It will be interesting to see what others might have experienced with them. Of course this is brushless so asymmetrical use might not apply right?
      Take care.
      John Hav.

Comment

• My First Post in this Thread...

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        ASYMMETRIC ELECTRO-MAGNETIC ROTATING METHODOLOGY FOR MOTORS AND GENERATORS ASSEMBLIES.

ABSTRACT

A new concept to the Art of Electromagnetic Rotation Methodology, that includes new structuring of the Mechanical Architecture of an Electric Motor and/or Generator or combination thereof, extending to the methods for processing their Input-Output governing data.

Static and rotational components, particularly individual isolated groups of coil elements performing dual functions as a Motor and as a Generator at specific angles within the 360 degrees of rotation. An specific and unique feature of this methodology is the non reversal of the input current-voltage polarity within the actuating individual isolated coils during the motor stages, causing a non changing magnetic field pole projection due to a one sense or direction magnetic flux in their respective cores, rotation occurs by switching intervals of On and Off Times at specific positioning, such that a repulsion and/or attraction is constantly obtained at T-On, of individually orderly sequenced North-South poles.

This particular switching times On and Off creates a one direction, non colliding electronic flow within the isolated conductive coil elements deriving into a pulsating current dropping to zero (at T Off) to Max V in (at T On), equivalent switching codes as to the electronically controlled Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) utilized to control the current feeding input in Electric Motors and the Input-Output parameters of Power Source Converters, this identical Data-Transfer, based on Pulsed Signals, establishes a common language of operation between machine and input-output control commands, leading into a robust communication protocol.

The advantages that comprises a Motor and/or a Generator driven directly from the core by pulsed signals, extend to the incorporation of Optoelectronic s as to replace the Old Fashion, brush-commutator switching systems by an emitting pulsed width modulated (Infrared PWM as an example) or linear optical signal (Signaling steadily where On Off occurs by mechanical-magnetic loosing angle of interaction) to an Optoelectronic receiver connected to the Power Switching Executing circuits, delivering a less friction, low noise, more accurate and precise communication Network.

Ufopolitics

To refresh some Minds...

The Main Concept of My Asymmetric Design is based on A NON REVERSING INPUT of voltage and currents...Delivering a Digital Signal of 1 (On) or 0 (Off) at the Input of My ALL Motors.
        This Design allows even a Flickering Flashlight Beam to be used to turn On or Off a receiver from Elementary School Photocell technology...and get motor running...without mechanical brushes.

Any other technology that reverses polarity, can never utilize a LASER ,Infra Red or Any other Opto-Electronic Component to Light-Signal-Command and get motor running.

All the actual Brushless DC Technology works based on a continuous crashing of the Delta or Star Windings at their common points of intersections, B EMF or C EMF Galore...resulting in crispy toasted MOSFETS...Very Well Done at Oscillator-Controller.

Watch fried controllers here...

Behind the scenes of building an electric car - The journey - YouTube

Team Swinburne Electric 2010, AKA tse_10, was the first year a group of Swinburne engineering students endeavored to develop and build an Electric Vehicle for the Formula SAE competition. The team hit trouble when they blew up their motor controller, just over a week before the competition. The team then borrowed another motor controller which also ended up blowing. The team then borrowed ANOTHER motor controller, to which they had some success, until the night before the competition, when it also blew up. In total the team blew up 3x $4,000 controllers, 6 times (after repairs). It is thought that the motor is faulty and is causing the issues.

Regards to All

Ufopolitics
        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM.
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          To refresh some Minds...
          The Main Concept of My Asymmetric Design is based on A NON REVERSING INPUT of voltage and currents...Delivering a Digital Signal of 1 (On) or 0 (Off) at the Input of My ALL Motors.
          That's where you went wrong
          On todays DC motors there're no REVERSE inputs, and they are average 85% efficiency.

Any other technology that reverses polarity, can never utilize a LASER ,Infra Red or Any other Opto-Electronic Component to Light-Signal-Command and get motor running.
          There's no reversed polarity motors nowadays, what are you talking about??

All the actual Brushless DC Technology works based on a continuous crashing of the Delta or Star Windings at their common points of intersections, B EMF or C EMF Galore...resulting in crispy toasted MOSFETS...Very Well Done at Oscillator-Controller.
          Wrong again, there're tons of brushless motors on market, and no toasted mosfets, just do it right.

But, hey, it's just me, you may think differently, just don't stop to promote the Alexanders motors ideas.
          Regards to All

Comment

• Hi promt,

Why exactly are you posting here at the Energetic Forum? You would have way more fun at overunity.com and way less chances to get booted out. Lots of disturbed people like you there.

When the dust setttles, you wont be missed.

Michel
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

• Hi, Michel;
              What's your problem? Can't stand the truth?
              I don't need your approval; but maybe u r rite, y should I waste my time here if people want to be fooled;
              c u.
              Last edited by promt; 11-25-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by promt View Post
                Hi, Michel;
                What's your problem? Can't stand the truth?
                I don't need your approval; but maybe u r rite, y should I waste my time here if people want to be fooled;
                c u.
                hello Prompt
                We already know that you are very clever and polite, but please realize that no one asked you to save us.
                So, be kind enough and go save other fools, the world is plenty of people needing your help.
                regards
                Alvaro

Comment

• F & P motor and some tips...

Originally posted by DadHav View Post
                  Hello Glen, There is a lot of prior art that can be absorbed with these motors. There have been a lot of people using them in place of axial flux generators for wind mills right. Pulse applications are also being done. I always thought a machine with a precision rotor of neo magnets and some special considerations to special windings would really be some fun experiments but I never got around to getting my hands on one of the motors. It will be interesting to see what others might have experienced with them. Of course this is brushless so asymmetrical use might not apply right?
                  Take care.
                  John Hav.
                  Greetings John:

Thank you for the response John, I appreciate it.

My thought is not to try pulsing the F&P motor/stator arrangement, but to install the F&P rotor on a Bedini, or UFO motor shaft. (My 5' diameter Bedini wheel is fixed to the shaft and can do work.)

The energy generated could be back fed to the source batteries, or perhaps, to capacitors and used to help power the Bedini or UFO unit itself. JB's SG3524 based pulse charging circuit might be modified and do the trick here.

Next, will be to see if the shaft can be pressed from my existing dc rotor without destroying it, and replacing it with a shaft which extends through both ends of the dc motor housing. Lots of experiments can be done with this arrangement.

Thanks again for responding, and you really do nice work.

glen

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenWV View Post
                    Greetings John:

Thank you for the response John, I appreciate it.

My thought is not to try pulsing the F&P motor/stator arrangement, but to install the F&P rotor on a Bedini, or UFO motor shaft. (My 5' diameter Bedini wheel is fixed to the shaft and can do work.)

The energy generated could be back fed to the source batteries, or perhaps, to capacitors and used to help power the Bedini or UFO unit itself. JB's SG3524 based pulse charging circuit might be modified and do the trick here.

Next, will be to see if the shaft can be pressed from my existing dc rotor without destroying it, and replacing it with a shaft which extends through both ends of the dc motor housing. Lots of experiments can be done with this arrangement.

Thanks again for responding, and you really do nice work.

glen
                    Thanks Glen, It's refreshing to have a compliment. Whether your ideas can blend in here with UFO or not is outside my bailiwick but I like your your trend of thought. I've experimented a lot with stator motors and parallel coils and had some success as well as success using the stator motor as a radiant generator. There's some results on my channel if you haven't seen the videos. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything I might help with just get in touch with me by messaging on my channel.
                    Take care and good luck
                    John Hav.
                    PS check you're messages here later on. I'll link you to something interesting if you haven't seen it already.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                      To refresh some Minds...
                      Originally posted by promt View Post
                      That's where you went wrong
                      On todays DC motors there're no REVERSE inputs, and they are average 85% efficiency.
                      Promt:

You did not understand this Concept (Maybe my explanation was not properly address)...
                      I meant Reversing their Input at the Inner Motor Core, within Rotor Coils, between them...Therefore reversing their Magnetic Polarity...Not at the Outer Source/Feed Terminals.
                      To understand this...You must look at it from inside the Motor...NOT from Outside.

Originally Posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                      There's no reversed polarity motors nowadays, what are you talking about??
                      I am referring-again- looking at the Inner Coils within Armature/Rotors (I call it Inner Core)...Every time there is a minimal angle of rotation, there is a reversing of polarity (Magnetic and Electrical) within them.

Originally Posted by Ufopolitics View Post

Wrong again, there're tons of brushless motors on market, and no toasted mosfets, just do it right.
                      Brushless Motors have not been able to completely replace all the brush motors in so many vasts applications out there...because they can never deliver the starting torque required by them...unless they spent lot of money in expensive controllers...a brush motor just requires a cheap switch...to turn them on...or to reverse their direction.

Brushless Motors also reverse their Inner Coils magnetic orientation, by reversing electronically (through their controllers) their Input. They do it alternatively by a Three sequenced square waves out of Phase/Time.

But, hey, it's just me, you may think differently, just don't stop to promote the Alexanders motors ideas.
                      Regards to All
                      You are the one who have it all wrong...I have displayed here the Alexander Patent Graphics/Diagrams as also the Dynamo-Motor...They are all completely different to my design.

I am just trying for you to understand all this, (and obviously you still don't) before You keep posting the wrong interpretations of my design.

I am not here to argue with you...but to make you understand this technology...and, If after you understand it...you still like the Symmetrical ways...then, by all means keep working on them.

I recommend you watch THE SYMMETRY OF DARKNESS - YouTube

Then ASYMMETRY TO ENLIGHTENMENT - YouTube

As there you would be able to see it graphically, maybe understanding it better that way...than just my words written on paper...like a few thousands out there already have seen the Light...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Alexander's Patent (Again)

Promt wrote:

Regards to All
                        THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALEXANDER'S PATENT...AND MINE...

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't you still not see the difference?

Just follow the wires...

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Excellent

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALEXANDER'S PATENT...AND MINE...

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't you still not see the difference?

Just follow the wires...

Ufopolitics

Well Done UFO it certainly looks very clear to me.

But how you keep your cool impresses me even more, don't think i could!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                            Ufopolitics
                            No-no, thank you, it's empty talk, I already said what I wanted to say, and your followers very upset about it, even mumbling something about booting of some sort; like i care

I built your motor, 5 poles one, the same wire, it works worse than original;
                            I've made a sketch here how modern motors winded, it has nothing to do with what you drew;

And you can follow lines on Alexander's motor and see similarity, it does not matter where you draw the brushes, even on side, it's the same approach;

And what pissed me off most, that your followers know it already (new comes but they're not in the picture yet), and so quiet now.

But anyway, I wish you luck with this project (of course I might be wrong), promise do not disturb you anymore.
                            Over and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by promt View Post

And you can follow lines on Alexander's motor and see similarity, it does not matter where you draw the brushes, even on side, it's the same approach;

Promt,

Your "state of mind" being upset...do not let you really think...
                              When You have Input Positive Brush above...and Negative below...running each Input on Independent Commutators...NOT SHARING SAME ONE...They will NEVER Reverse Polarity every 90º (for four brush systems) nor at 180º for two brush system...never.

Sorry about you being upset...not my intention.

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Well, maybe it does, but apparently seems it's you who's out of picture; not my fault.
                                Look, your left drawing it's from text-book for understanding of principle how DC CM motor work;
                                In fact, motors windings made in different way, depending of application, much more efficient (most popular are a wave-, lap-windings);
                                Here's some in attachment;
                                Notice the ALL poles in action at the same time, no reverse drag; 80-90% efficiency.
                                The same is in Alexanders patent, from which you just extended the loop.
                                But yours is worse (sorry), cuz there's only one pair coil at the work;
                                BTW if you have speed, you do not have torque and vice-versa.
                                I have nothing against your affords, just trying to name things by they own names, but, whatever.
                                Regards.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X