Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Prochiro!

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
    I myself have been setting up a generator test cart and have a seven HP B&S cast iron gas engine mounted with a supply of pulleys ready. Pulleys because speed of generator and prime mover can be tested faster although this may not be the final setup. The first generator I will test is a small 2400 watt with only 120 volts available. This will serve as a learning tool for me to better understand generator function and learn more about torque, etc. I have the other larger generators ready when I master the small one. The one thing I still cant settle on is the prime mover to get. I know it must be four brush or brush less. It is a lot of money for me to put down and I know that although I may need larger in the future, one that would push 3200RPM and that 2400 watt generator would be a great start. If anyone here has any ideas, please feel free to make a suggestion. A used source is what I am trying to find.
    Dana
    Hey Dana,

You know the more Poles the Rotating Static Fields of a Generator...the lower RPM's we will need to get the 60 Hertz Cycle?
    Ok...a Two Pole Genny (which is the most common one) needs to go 3600 RPM's...why?...divide 3600/60seconds...and what we get?...60 right?...well that is the Hertz per second we need here in U.S...

Now there are Four Poles Generators...and they just need to go 1800 RPM's...
    I tell You this...in case you run into one of those 4 poles rotor Generators...grab it at the "instant" you can get your hands on it!...

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Hey Dana,

You know the more Poles the Rotating Static Fields of a Generator...the lower RPM's we will need to get the 60 Hertz Cycle?
      Ok...a Two Pole Genny (which is the most common one) needs to go 3600 RPM's...why?...divide 3600/60seconds...and what we get?...60 right?...well that is the Hertz per second we need here in U.S...

Now there are Four Poles Generators...and they just need to go 1800 RPM's...
      I tell You this...in case you run into one of those 4 poles rotor Generators...grab it at the "instant" you can get your hands on it!...

Ufopolitics
      Thanks UFO
      I looked up multi pole generators and found that there are even more poles out there. Here is a site that lists RPM at 600 for a 12 pole generator. Now the thought comes to me that if one would make his own 12 pole geny that less motor and energy might be needed to get the job done. Note that for each pole one must have a stator. Another thing is that with four poles and turning at the same 3600 RPM, more power is made. Boy, what are we going to do with all that power?????????
      Dana

Changing Generator Rotational Speed
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Genny heads

The ones that only need 1800 rpm are meant to be hooked to a diesel motor as apposed to a gas one due to the power they create. That straight from mfg specs. Top speed on a diesel is usually around 2200 rpm so 1800 is right up the alley so to speak.

thay

Starting a new build now. Going to use all "my" stuff this time. Not even sure just how many poles it will have yet. What ever fits on a pair of 6" v pulleys.

And "no, dont ask just yet", Pics to come when I can. Just back from canada sunday so still really tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Hello Netica, and also to Machine Alive (same issue)

Did you connect the diodes from Stator (just like you do with Coils), then out to a Nice Load while running Motor?

If you did not...that is the reason why....You always MUST apply a Load to release radiant out from pulsing Stator...and I mean, NOT Just a little Neon Guys...BUT several CFL's...of a few Watts. Every time I run that Motor I use-at least- Five 23Watts CFL's connected in Parallel...

Another test you could do, is from the Stator Output from Diodes (where you connect Load,CFL's) connect it to Rotor Brushes, and NOT Parallel direct from Stator (This goes for you Netica, that said Rotor started to consume loads of Amps...However Machine you could also try this test...You will feel a certain delay in acceleration...just like when you ran a Symmetric Motor off the pulsed Coil, output from diodes.

Now, one thing I wanted to say...

You guys must regulate (like Prochiro[Dana] mentioned) by adding a resistor or even better a Potentiometer between Stator and Pulse Feed...and watch which resistance your FET's/Coils work best...temperature...as also Motor behavior...then consider adding wire to Stator to that resistance value.

Remember Your Mind is your only limit...think about using secondaries to this Stators and adding them in series or parallel looking for better results, or simply another extra output to release stress from FET's, and Coil wires ...

I have build this Stator in Fiberglass as a testing model...it is NOT intended to go on long times of running guys...
          If we are looking for longer times then should run tests on different resistance values (you could always add layers to Stator Coil and connect them in series outside)
          Also looking for thicker fins, and a material that will sink higher temperatures...like Aluminum. (Fins could be sandwiched with aluminum bars, for example)

Let me know how this new tests went...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Hi Ufo,

I have the rotor and stator connected together in parallel and also to the diodes in the usual way.
          I did connect a load of just one CFL to the diodes.
          I tried resistors between the pulse feed and the rotor, the rotor either didn't go at all or the resistor started smoking when it had enough power to start moving.
          Up to now I haven't noticed any problem with the stator heating up, and I haven't tried using a resistor on it.
          I will get back to it soon to try out the things you have suggested Ufo. Thanks for all the help and advise.

Hi machinealive,

Things sure are heating up a little to much for my motor... I may get some more mosfets to add on, but it will take some time. I will see how things go. Great work and video...

netica

Comment

• first building lit with radiant (excluding UFO's workshop)

OK, OK, OK,

UFO what up with you and CFL's, you own shares in the company or what .

So anyway, gotta keep my Guru happy, so here is the 5 pole lighting up my garage. 4 (23 watts), across stator, (1) 23 watt across generator.

lighting my garage with radiant.3gp - YouTube

It's all i got and i have to leave again, sorry.

UFO,I messed up on new stator, I cut 6 fins on top, 6 on bottom, plus the two big side fins. Should i wind it with 20.5 ga, it's all i have right now.

Also, I'll get a smaller generator to try and spin, but this stator needs upgrading.

Later Folks

Comment

• More is better (FET's)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by machinealive
              Hi Johnstone,
              ... Most of the video I took, I used 4 ( 2 per driver) fets, each rated at 600v, 70 amps. I would recommend higher rating, higher price fets, instead of half the rating, at half the price (and using 2x as many).

How would/What would you use to drive jumbo, with 20 fets?

10 drivers, 2 each?

thanks

Quote: Originally posted by John Stone
              One essential property of FETs is their ON resistance. Higher voltage FETs tend to have higher R ON (see data sheet RDSon. And they show some additional drawbacks.
              600V 70 amps is way enough for a single FET as long we operate our toys.
              Perhaps you should decide to add an individual driver for each set of 4 or two FETs.
              Thorough scope measurements are essential in order to build a FET driver from scratch as long you use no template like UFOs suggestion.

@Machine Alive

Hi Machine,
              As John has mentioned, the lower the R ON resistance, the better. The advantage of using more FET's is that as you are stacking them in parralel, the overall R ON value reduces. You will still need a high voltage rating device, but the Amps rating of the individual devices can be much lower.

rgds
              Anoop

Comment

• Good resource if looking for carbon brushes, holders and springs:

Carbon Brush Index
                Brushes Main Page

Brush Holders & Springs
                Brush Holders Main Page

IndianaBoys

Comment

• Hi All
                  I was just playing around today and set up this small UFO 2x motor with a 4x UFO generator connected only by shaft. Input 12V produced 28 volts and with 24v input I got 54 volts from that tiny machine TOY. Here is a short video of it running I took on my new cell phone,

IMG 00981 - YouTube

Dana
                  "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hello Ufopolitics
                    I coudnt finish my motor yet I made some count failure with windings and must rewound all the coils but I m on the way .By the way I have a question :
                    what if we use this Asymmetric motor straight as an alternator? if it has very small BEMF it must be very strong alternator I think.What do you think about it Or you think a special winding for that reason .If you have any suggestion I m ready to build it.Thank you in advance
                    selnet

Comment

• Omg!

Originally posted by Turion
                      UFO,
                      I think the generator I built was only putting out about 6 volts. BUT the advantage to the Thaine Heins generator is you can CONTINUE to add rotors, magnets, coils and loads, up to the point where your motor can no longer turn the weight, because every rotor, magnet, coil and load you add increases the strength of the motor's magnetic field and just makes it run stronger (once you can get it running if the weight is huge). That's why I was so interested in it to begin with. I only had a single coil setup, and added a second coil that was not permanent, just to see the effect on the motor, and that is what I saw happen.

Here is a site you all might be interested in. The epoxy they sell here is like putty once you have mixed it together. You form the shape you want, and it hardens. It is very similar to what you see on many motors that you have to hit with something to chip it off or break it up. I am using it to secure my wiring on my generator in place. Easy to work with and fast drying. I bought some at Lowes the other day too!

Dave

Hello Dave,

Wow!!...You mean...you put In 12Volts...and you get out 6 Volts??!!...But ....OMG!!???
                      That is amazing!!

I really DOUBT...My...(well, I meant your UFO Generator) would ever be able to exceed that MUCH Voltage Output!!

Ok,... so you mean you can keep adding magnets and coils "levels"...till motor keeps using the "magic" and accelerating ...till there is a "point" when the Mystic disappears...then you can not add nada...nothing more...

Now, seriously...I believe everything that MUST require Permanent Magnets to operate, basically in Generators assemblies...is not a fully scalable product...and always will be dealing with magnetic drag, magnetic losses and capacity to operate...However, as means to study and develop further models is just fine...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                        Hi All
                        I was just playing around today and set up this small UFO 2x motor with a 4x UFO generator connected only by shaft. Input 12V produced 28 volts and with 24v input I got 54 volts from that tiny machine TOY. Here is a short video of it running I took on my new cell phone,

IMG 00981 - YouTube

Dana
                        Prochiro,

Impressive little TOY you set up there!

Thanks for sharing the input & output as it is very uplifting and provides a nice boost!

IndianaBoys

Comment

• Hello Netica

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                          Hi Ufo,

I have the rotor and stator connected together in parallel and also to the diodes in the usual way.
                          I did connect a load of just one CFL to the diodes.
                          Netica, I'm pretty sure you need more CFL's...depending what was your Voltage output...as you did not write down, how many watts that one CFL was...I would assume was somewhere around 15 to 25 Watts..?

I tried resistors between the pulse feed and the rotor, the rotor either didn't go at all or the resistor started smoking when it had enough power to start moving.
                          What was the resistor Wattage handling percentage?...Maybe you used a too low value...
                          Up to now I haven't noticed any problem with the stator heating up, and I haven't tried using a resistor on it.
                          You mean...all the sudden it stopped heating Up without doing anything to the set?

I will get back to it soon to try out the things you have suggested Ufo. Thanks for all the help and advise.

netica
                          Ok, Netica, one more thing I wanted to tell you...

You already had built different coils that you have tried with My Static Coils Pulsing System, lighting up successfully CFL's, and charging batteries right?

As also on that excellent video that you got the Symmetrical Motor running through the Coil output after diodes, and it does not increase amperage when pressing shaft...correct?

Ok...Now, My suggestion, is that you try duplicating that successful Coil spec's...since it went so well...into your Motor Stator...just brake it evenly with the Levels/Layers count...
                          Now...when you get the output (from diodes) from that Stator and feed Your Input Brushes...it will be doing EXACTLY the same effect it did to you on the Symmetrical Motor...except that you will NOT be loosing the Magnetic field generated in the "Air"...but to rotate/spin your Armature...

Another test you could also do...is to use a Symmetrical Armature with that pulsed Stator...IT WILL run it for sure...(I guarantee that!)whether fed in Directly Pulsed/Parallel...or from the Stator Output from Diodes...

Ok, Netica, hope this help you out...want to see that Stator running my friend!!...I figure the very nice design and build you are going to show Us all...

Just watch out for loose parts...and please wear Goggles !!

Regards and

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-03-2012, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• I Like That!!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            OK, OK, OK,

UFO what up with you and CFL's, you own shares in the company or what .

So anyway, gotta keep my Guru happy, so here is the 5 pole lighting up my garage. 4 (23 watts), across stator, (1) 23 watt across generator.

lighting my garage with radiant.3gp - YouTube

It's all i got and i have to leave again, sorry.

UFO,I messed up on new stator, I cut 6 fins on top, 6 on bottom, plus the two big side fins. Should i wind it with 20.5 ga, it's all i have right now.

Also, I'll get a smaller generator to try and spin, but this stator needs upgrading.

Later Folks
                            Hey MachineAliveeee!!

Nice man!!...So, Now you are telling Us...You've got lights Output...from that "Not Supposed to Run" Machine??!!

But WTF is going ON Here!!!??...

Yeah, I had to sign "several" contracts...with different companies to be able to promote my work on CNN, MSNBC...as NBC...etc,etc...
                            I also had to sign an NDA with Indiana Boys...but I can not tell you..."no more"...

Hey...what is wrong with your voice?...I was watching and seems audio went off...(for other videos also)...just saw the finger aiming at parts...LOL...

So, tell me...(I promise I will tell no one) You do not want the Oil Cartels to trace your Voice and find out who you are?...

It is Ok, Machine, nice video...great output!!

P.D: Did you use Sylvania or Phillips CFL's..??...Pls let me know...I have to "bill" them...

Regards Machine!!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Nice WORK!!!

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                              Hi All

IMG 00981 - YouTube

Dana
                              Hey Brother!!

That was some nice two little Toy Machines!!

Nice testing, Dana, excellent!!

You could also try that generator without excitation from prime mover...just spinning it...it will also output.

They Both run VERY STRONG and ROBUST!!...Grreat!

Now for the "Skeptics"...I recommend for next test videos, to add Input Volt Meter, as also Amps on Both...just for them to "bite their tongues and turn purple"...

Warm Regards and

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hello Selnet,

Originally posted by selnet View Post
                                Hello Ufopolitics
                                I coudnt finish my motor yet I made some count failure with windings and must rewound all the coils but I m on the way .
                                Please note that each Coil in the Pair,... grabs, comprehends, wraps around Three(3) Poles of Armature...Not as Dual Pentagons that Coils only wrap around Two (2) Poles
                                This creates higher throw out forces(torque)...as bigger displacement(speed)...

By the way I have a question :
                                what if we use this Asymmetric motor straight as an alternator? if it has very small BEMF it must be very strong alternator I think.What do you think about it Or you think a special winding for that reason .If you have any suggestion I m ready to build it.Thank you in advance
                                selnet
                                "Yes We Can"(Barack Obama 2008... )...

Hello Selnet,

Yes, You could use ANY Asymmetrical Motor as a Generator, just spinning its Shaft with a prime mover...it will produce an Output...and Dual, through its Two Terminals...so you could either use them for separate out loads...or connect them in series through the "bottom" Jumper Configuration..and getting just One Total Output...
                                However, there are ways...to obtain better results by using a Dedicated Generator Design...I have written about this before Selnet...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X