X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Brief Review about plastic/non ferrous core Machines

Hello to All,

One Brief Review about plastic/non ferrous core Machines

I see how many of you are replicating the "Non Ferrous" Machines very successfully...and I am very happy to see all this great work!

At this stage of my work, I wanted for all of you to realize/verify/see, we do not need heavy steel cores to get a strong and Fast Motor running...This will deliver very light weight, yet fast and high torque machines...

But there is a draw back when it comes to their Hot Generating side...

This Non Ferrous Machines are very "Lousy" Hot electricity Generators, which is great for "Motoring Attributes"...since there would NOT BE more Hot Generator Counter Effect...

But, there will be very little on all their HOT generating side...so, please, do not expect high amounts of power at your output terminal Gates...it will not happen.
    And the reason is very simple...we need a Hot Strong Magnetic Field, that only thrives/grow excellent inside steel lamination, in order to Magnify the Storage Capacity within that hot magnetic field, then the charges to be delivered at output terminals will remain at higher levels, while also being induced/magnified/maintained by the fact of traveling within the Hot stators fields.

But again, everything in life is a matter of "Balance"...A balance in the "Equation" to be even more successful, so, there could be "Half and Half" Machines...where we maintain an equilibrium of fields...by simply alternating lamination between steel-plastic...or other non ferrous material like aluminum...then we will have both worlds within same embodiment...

I wanted to explain all this...so you guys will not be expecting a great Hot Generator Output from all your beautiful machines...

Regards and

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• wound stator questions

Ufopolitics...if i may ask a question or two.
      i have readied a new design for me to build and just want to check a couple of things.
      the plan is two coils on a two pole machine...two pole armature was chosen for switching timing purposes since i don't have a good alternative pulsing solution yet.
      one coil is the stator with gap in the middle for the armature and the other coil is on the armature with a gap in the middle for the shaft.
      i plan to make both coils identically wound in terms of both parallel bifilar, about 1ohm and both wound in same direction.
      the coils will be in series for the hot circuit and in parallel for the cold circuit.
      also i was planning to use a vacuum cleaner or washing machine motor as the donor motor so that i have steel laminated inside both coils.
      my question is does this all sound ok so far?

i didn't post the design here because it would be confusing and also because its not pure asymmetrical as it has revesing polarity on the armature coil.
      the intention is to hot power the armature and stator for 90 degrees and then let it cold power itself from the collapsing fields for the next 90 degrees at which time the armature reverses current but the stator does not.
      the machine itself will create its own hot/cold times in equal proportion as the commutator spinning is in the hot circuit and only able to pass hot current via both coils 50% of the time.

if you would like to see the design its in the electric motor secrets thread
      thank you
      Last edited by s e t h; 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Jump in anytime

Originally posted by thaelin View Post
        I can jump in here with a fix if your genn has lost its residual. Usually just hitting it with 12 to 24 volts dc with give it enough to get it going again. Then you must turn it close to the stated speed to get the full output.

thay
        Thanks for kind reply,

I was wondering were do you "hit it"? Across the capacitor? In the coils ?

thanks again,
        wantomake

Comment

• Well great!

Originally posted by Turion
          For those interested, here is a company that has at least two locations very close to me that sells the materials AND does the fabrication if you want that done.

TAP Plastics : TAP Plastics

UFO, if they have a material you think would work as part of their inventory, I would be interested in building a non-metalic machine...eventually. Right now I am finishing up my generator. I broke one of the magnets getting it out of the casing, so had to wait to get another one from a friend...or buy an entire motor to get one magnet. I will have 16 magnets around this long armature. It is wound, and am soldering all my connections while I wait for the magnet to arrive in the mail. The casings have already been welded together, and I will be epoxying magnets in pladce during the next couple days. I am working now at stripping the epoxy off the back of the magnets and cleaning them up.I used a cylinder hone to clean the epoxy out of the cases.

UFO, I do have a question for you. Will this generator design you gave me for the 16 pole be more efficient than the lenz free generators? There are a couple of those around and they produce power while assisting in the rotation of the motor. I KNOW they work, because I have built them. Will this do the same thing? Or is it simply a more efficient design of a standard generator but will still suffer from the effects of lenz. I want to build a larger motor with a larger generator, and I am trying to decide which kind of generator would be more efficient. I want to produce the most power for the least cost, and the lenz free motors operate for free because their magnetic field strengthens the magnetic field of the motor. You lose some of their generating power to accomplish this, so I am very curious about a comparison between the two.

Dave

Great Dave,

So when you finish your Asymmetric Generator, you could tell Us which one is more efficient...
          It depends on embodiment as poles number of stators, etc...to be able to "compare".

Your Asymmetric Generator will be assisting your Asymmetric Motor rotation, if you connect the two of them properly...

Could you show pictures of your Free Lenz Generators...have no idea what they look like...sorry.
          Is it something they invented here?

Now there is a special glue for Magnets, FASTENAL has it...it is a two part, one liquid, one a gel...but I think Epoxy will work as well.

Edit: Dave, any plastic will work AS LONG AS they can stand high temperatures...and are hard, but easy to work with, drill, cut, shape, etc...

I guess this is the "Lenz Free Generator"...right?

Lenz-Free Generator Prototype I - YouTube

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-26-2012, 09:41 PM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Oh, Thane Heins...

UFO,
            I have no idea if the one in that video works. I know the simple model that Thaine Heins has shown does work. It requires a magnetically condutive rotor (so metal) with the magnets mounted on it. Large, long coils, and it must be on a metal shaft that is conductively connected to the shaft of the motor. When you put a load on THAT generator, the motor will speed up because the magnetic field in the generator travels down the shaft and strengthens the magnetic field in the motor. At least that's how he explains it, and I have seen it work on the simple one I built. I put a 12 inch steel pulley on a 12 volt DC motor, attached some neos to it that already had holes in the middle, and built the coil according to his instructions. It did indeed speed up, and the more load I added, the more it sped up.

Thane Heins' Regenerative Acceleration Generator Goes Instead of Stopping

Thanks for the tip on the glue. Just waiting for my magnet t arrive in the mail.

Dave
            Hey Dave,

Yes I am familiar with Thane Heins great work...However, He has some explanations that I really...can not "square out", meaning some' is loose somewhere...putting it that way...

When you put a load on THAT generator, the motor will speed up because the magnetic field in the generator travels down the shaft and strengthens the magnetic field in the motor
            That is an "example" of what am talking about...

A Generator, supposing to have the Static Fields in the Rotor, which is the more conventional/common design...when turning Generator shaft, that magnetic field rotates...ok...NOW, in any Symmetrical or Asymmetrical Motor...The Virtual Magnetic Field generated between Armature-Stators...is Static...positively and for sure static...
            Therefore, that "theory" do not fall into "alignment" with the "Real World"...
            As it is also very "superficially" explained...that a Magnetic Field..."travels" through the shaft...I mean, I will understand if He says..."it magnetizes/polarizes the shafts..."...Now, that would be more conventional explanation...
            But still...Generator Fields are rotating, Motors Shaft-Armature Virtual Fields are Static...therefore, even polarizing shaft by generator...fields will be "rotary" can NOT assist Motor Static Virtual Fields...

However, as you have said it works...so we will have to find a deeper reason why it does creates an acceleration under load...

On my design, there are no confusing explanations...they are simple...you hook your motor output with Generator Input-Output...and get a Total Output.
            Now by connecting Motor Output to Generator Input-Output as I have displayed in prior Diagrams...it WILL assist rotation to BOTH Machines...simple...

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-27-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Thane Heins

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
              Hey Dave,

Yes I am familiar with Thane Heins great work...However, He has some explanations that I really...can not "square out", meaning some' is loose somewhere...putting it that way...

That is an "example" of what am talking about...

A Generator, supposing to have the Static Fields in the Rotor, which is the more conventional/common design...when turning Generator shaft, that magnetic field rotates...ok...NOW, in any Symmetrical or Asymmetrical Motor...The Virtual Magnetic Field generated between Armature-Stators...is Static...positively and for sure static...
              Therefore, that "theory" do not fall into "alignment" with the "Real World"...
              As it is also very "superficially" explained...that a Magnetic Field..."travels" through the shaft...I mean, I will understand if He says..."it magnetizes/polarizes the shafts..."...Now, that would be more conventional explanation...
              But still...Generator Fields are rotating, Motors Shaft-Armature Virtual Fields are Static...therefore, even polarizing shaft by generator...fields will be "rotary" can NOT assist Motor Static Virtual Fields...

However, as you have said it works...so we will have to find a deeper reason why it does creates an acceleration under load...

On my design, there are no confusing explanations...they are simple...you hook your motor output with Generator Input-Output...and get a Total Output.
              Now by connecting Motor Output to Generator Input-Output as I have displayed in prior Diagrams...it WILL assist rotation to BOTH Machines...simple...

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Hi UFO,
              When Thane Heins took the rotor out in I think the second film, I noticed that it is the same type of motor that I showed you from the compressor. Remember that the rotor was a shaft and a big hunk of steel? That shaft is the current line for that big hunk of steel, it is pulsed two times per rotation thru the shaft with what I think is the same polarity and I wonder if that is the case, why more high voltage spikes would not then make the rotor go faster. Maybe I'm off base here but from what I see in my motor, that should do exactly what he says is happening. My motor is vary fast and vary high torque but needs 220v.
              Dana
              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Stator Winding

Hello Netica,

Well, I am glad your eye is back to normal!

Now, the lesser turns per level, therefore per layer, the faster the speed electron flow will occur, hence the ratio magnetic fields will shift will also be much faster, this traffic network/shifting should be in complete "balanced harmony" with every Pair/Coils at Armature you will be pulsing within same Parallel Input pulsing.

You have to "see" your Stators windings in accordance with your rotor/armature windings per "momentum" of the input pulse. As it also depends upon how many Pairs per momentum you will be energizing at armature, two...or four?

Having this in mind, will render balanced fields at every Magnetic Interaction.

The Cross Over should remain around center of Stator embodiment, where you could alternate fins in order NOT to congest/populate too much with windings just one section of Stator.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Hi Ufo,

How do you create this "balanced harmony"?
                From what I can make out by what you have said here the amount of turns on each layer should be somehow related to the rotor winding, and how does this also relate to the overall amount of total windings per level. I was going to wind a total of 30 but now this may not be correct.

My motor winding is 0.7mm diameter, 18 winds per coil giving 36 wind per coil pair, wound as 12 pole 12 comm torqmaster setup. Now I simply have no idea how to relate this to the stator coil?
                Also if the brush is touching one or two commutator segmants this is continually going from one to two lots of windings, changing all the time.

At first I thought that the coil had to be at least as strong or better, stronger than the rotor winding, now there is much more to consider.

I was going to wind the stator with 0.9mm diameter bifiler and a total of 30 windings per level, I was just deciding how to divide up the layers, now I don't know what to do.

And yes I am really confused now about how to go forward with winding the stator.

Also I understand that the crossover should be in the center of the embodiment and to alternate to minimize congestion at crossover. I was just wanted to know if this crossover can be done only on the top of the embodiment and not to have to alternate also between top and bottom of embodiment, as this would get quite confusing to try to wind.

Sorry Ufo but I am quite lost.
                netica

Comment

• Ok...

I will repost later. Something I found was not what I thought it was.
                  Ok, very clear indeed Dave...

regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Sorry Netica

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                    Hi Ufo,

How do you create this "balanced harmony"?
                    From what I can make out by what you have said here the amount of turns on each layer should be somehow related to the rotor winding, and how does this also relate to the overall amount of total windings per level. I was going to wind a total of 30 but now this may not be correct.

My motor winding is 0.7mm diameter, 18 winds per coil giving 36 wind per coil pair, wound as 12 pole 12 comm torqmaster setup. Now I simply have no idea how to relate this to the stator coil?
                    Also if the brush is touching one or two commutator segmants this is continually going from one to two lots of windings, changing all the time.

At first I thought that the coil had to be at least as strong or better, stronger than the rotor winding, now there is much more to consider.

I was going to wind the stator with 0.9mm diameter bifiler and a total of 30 windings per level, I was just deciding how to divide up the layers, now I don't know what to do.

And yes I am really confused now about how to go forward with winding the stator.

Also I understand that the crossover should be in the center of the embodiment and to alternate to minimize congestion at crossover. I was just wanted to know if this crossover can be done only on the top of the embodiment and not to have to alternate also between top and bottom of embodiment, as this would get quite confusing to try to wind.

Sorry Ufo but I am quite lost.
                    netica

Hello Netica,

Ok, I am sorry that where I thought I was making sense...all I have created is confusion in your Stator Winding Netica...maybe I did not explain correctly...

And You are right, Stator must be stronger or equal (Balanced Harmony). NEVER Under.

Netica, I originally posted all my spec's on this Stator plus all diagrams related to the one on video also, which is a Torque Master, where I clearly wrote that I have turned 15 turns per level and made Two Layers, resulting in 30 per level, BUT going all the way with 15 at EACH Level...and coming back at 15 per level...till getting back at starting point.
                    I also wrote I have used 18 gauge, Bifilar. as it is also on my videos related to the winding, making and working model.
                    I guess you understood that explanation that I have already posted a while back, as you have also watch my related videos.

Then You posted a question where you wanted to know if doing it DIFFERENT THAN the way I have already made it, posted painted and video recorded ...it will work...?
                    You wanted to wind instead of two levels, just one...may I know why?...just trying to "be different"?...

Then I tried my best to explain that it should not...and then, I kept explaining the reasons....and I ended up creating confusion

..I guess I should have been more to the point...like..

Netica: Just do it as I know it works...as it is written in all my diagrams, and in my videos...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• I have to check on that...

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                      Hi UFO,
                      When Thane Heins took the rotor out in I think the second film, I noticed that it is the same type of motor that I showed you from the compressor. Remember that the rotor was a shaft and a big hunk of steel? That shaft is the current line for that big hunk of steel, it is pulsed two times per rotation thru the shaft with what I think is the same polarity and I wonder if that is the case, why more high voltage spikes would not then make the rotor go faster. Maybe I'm off base here but from what I see in my motor, that should do exactly what he says is happening. My motor is vary fast and vary high torque but needs 220v.
                      Dana
                      Hello Dana,

I will take a look at those videos when I have time and will get back at ya...

Regards and

Ufopolitcs

Comment

• Hello UFO and everyone,

Just finished the big controller/switch. Wanna see it. It's the first thing I ever built like this, 20 fets (10/side), each n-fet is rated at 600 v, 20 amps.
                        Took me 6 hrs, My brain is mush. There is 17 pics of my build, but I put up the last one.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0139c2c9.jpg

This is album link with all pics

Pictures by machinealive - Photobucket

It works good, but only I tested it briefly,

I took a vid with timing adjusted, I only turned it on to see if new controller works, and it did, it definitely has higher RPM, it's 330 am, and I will do more tomorrow.

VIDEO0212 - YouTube

My neons cooked, but I have more and I will try the cfl's next, promise ufo.

Comment

• Stator Winding

Hello Netica,

Ok, I am sorry that where I thought I was making sense...all I have created is confusion in your Stator Winding Netica...maybe I did not explain correctly...

And You are right, Stator must be stronger or equal (Balanced Harmony). NEVER Under.

Netica, I originally posted all my spec's on this Stator plus all diagrams related to the one on video also, which is a Torque Master, where I clearly wrote that I have turned 15 turns per level and made Two Layers, resulting in 30 per level, BUT going all the way with 15 at EACH Level...and coming back at 15 per level...till getting back at starting point.
                          I also wrote I have used 18 gauge, Bifilar. as it is also on my videos related to the winding, making and working model.
                          I guess you understood that explanation that I have already posted a while back, as you have also watch my related videos.

Then You posted a question where you wanted to know if doing it DIFFERENT THAN the way I have already made it, posted painted and video recorded ...it will work...?
                          You wanted to wind instead of two levels, just one...may I know why?...just trying to "be different"?...

Then I tried my best to explain that it should not...and then, I kept explaining the reasons....and I ended up creating confusion

..I guess I should have been more to the point...like..

Netica: Just do it as I know it works...as it is written in all my diagrams, and in my videos...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Hi Ufo,

Sorry, I'm not trying to confuse things or doing it just to "be different".

The reason I asked about winding one layer is that I believe it would be easier to wind this way that's all.
                          I also wanted to ask about it before winding it because I didn't know if it would be detrimental to its performance, and as is would be I won't be winding it that way.

Also you have said in post #1169
                          "Also, so far I have been rendering just a "Two Layer-Six Levels" Stator design...but we could go more "Robust" here...heavier coils, meaning more levels, more layers...including parallel multi-filar concepts...

Also, another very robust way to create a Strong Magnetic Pattern, will be to wind just one turn per level...and make several layers...just like winding a straight coil..."

Now this made me consider the possibility of winding different variations with different amount of windings per layer and it may also make winding the stator easier, I was also considering 5 winds per level with 6 layers but I suppose now that this may not be possible or such a good idea at this time.

Hope this helps you understand my considerations about winding this stator.
                          netica
                          Last edited by Netica; 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Now, THAT Is A Controller!!

Originally posted by machinealive View Post
                            Hello UFO and everyone,

Just finished the big controller/switch. Wanna see it. It's the first thing I ever built like this, 20 fets (10/side), each n-fet is rated at 600 v, 20 amps.
                            Took me 6 hrs, My brain is mush. There is 17 pics of my build, but I put up the last one.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0139c2c9.jpg

This is album link with all pics

Pictures by machinealive - Photobucket

It works good, but only I tested it briefly,

I took a vid with timing adjusted, I only turned it on to see if new controller works, and it did, it definitely has higher RPM, it's 330 am, and I will do more tomorrow.

VIDEO0212 - YouTube

My neons cooked, but I have more and I will try the cfl's next, promise ufo.

Hello MachineAlive!

Now, THAT IS A Controller!!...
                            Awesome!...that thing could run almost any big machine, a great build!

I notice Motor turns without any "initial push"...by itself, great, timing is very well set.

All this Machines when well pulsed-run, we can distinguish clearly their different like "Piston Sound"performance...like an Air Compressor...and... I hate to compare to...but also to a well timed, High Performance Racing Engine...with a racing Cam...where at low RPM's we hear the well tuned "pistoning sound"...

I noticed you did not wanted to accelerate that much... ...don't be afraid...you are driving a Ferrari...step on it... ...and if you could later on measure RPM's...

I told you...you were going to fry neons...are they "well done" or "crispy"..?....

Great, awesome work Machine!!...excellent!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Netica....

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                              Hi Ufo,

Sorry, I'm not trying to confuse things or doing it just to "be different".
                              Hello Netica,

Netica, I never said you were confusing things...on the other hand I was sorry I have expanded so much in my explanation...

The reason I asked about winding one layer is that I believe it would be easier to wind this way that's all.
                              I also wanted to ask about it before winding it because I didn't know if it would be detrimental to its performance, and as is would be I won't be winding it that way.

Also you have said in post #1169
                              "Also, so far I have been rendering just a "Two Layer-Six Levels" Stator design...but we could go more "Robust" here...heavier coils, meaning more levels, more layers...including parallel multi-filar concepts...

Also, another very robust way to create a Strong Magnetic Pattern, will be to wind just one turn per level...and make several layers...just like winding a straight coil..."

Now this made me consider the possibility of winding different variations with different amount of windings per layer and it may also make winding the stator easier, I was also considering 5 winds per level with 6 layers but I suppose now that this may not be possible or such a good idea at this time.

Hope this helps you understand my considerations about winding this stator.
                              netica
                              Netica, You came all the way from my previous Thread on this Forum...You have build so many robust and strong Coils, as also great Oscillator-Controllers...as you have also seen all my explanations on my very first coil...where I explained I have used Three (3) Layers of 120 Turns on 18 gauge (awg)...as later on I moved into Parallel Bifilar Coils.

So, You know that a very Robust Coil, that will build very strong opposite magnetic fields right at the Very Center of their Gravity Point...are those that have many Layers, knowing just One Layer is a Wind from top all the way to bottom...then coming back on a second Layer from bottom up...
                              How many layers your big coil have...the one you did that Video where Amperage does not raise under load?...Many right?
                              Then you know your Mosfet's work very "relaxed"...not stressed/hot almost to blow...and you get Radiant Galore...

This Stator I have designed for a Motor or a Generator...is EXACTLY based on the same principle...as your great robust coils. The difference is that I have "section it" in "Levels"...just because the Stator Core configuration, to be able to wind it and hold the wires by their fins...but, if You turn it setting Armature Housing vertically...You have the same exact Coil...with "twisted upper-lower" wires...different wind pattern, , same thing, that's all.

Of course I maintain all those statements You have cited from me, they are real...

The more Layers, the faster NATURAL pulses from Radiant, without stressing Our Electronic Switching Networking, less % of Duty Cycles...on our side.
                              Bifilar or Multifilar, WILL increase Magnetic Field Strength with less resistance. That is an Advantage here.
                              And again...LEVELS is just a name that raised up due to this Stator Core design...yes, the more levels, the more organized your Layers, better disbursed , through the whole Coil embodiment.

I hope I am not creating more confusion but helping you to make your great Machine, because, again...I think I wrote "too much"... !!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Asymmetrical Sweep Angles and Interactions

Hello to All,

I would like to go over this important issue, when it comes to the Angles of Magnetic Interactions and their relation to Commutator Elements to Brush sweep Angles.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Sweep Angle of Comm/Brush is our T-On or Energizing Time where our Coils are being energized, therefore projecting a Magnetic Field towards Stators, then the Throw Out Forces are on "Execution" level.

It is very important to check either on CAD, or on our actual builds...the sweep range between brush/comm element...versus the Pole-Stator displacement. This is where the strength and speed of our Machine will be mainly depending upon...

This Angles must be around same range of values...as also help Us elect the right size commutator for our Machines...related to the size of our Poles...and Stators.

A too small Commutator, related to Poles Angles of Interaction, will deliver poor timing of energizing...therefore a weak behavior on torque and speed, as start up from zero (braking inertia forces)
                                While a Too Big Commutator will energize too much Coils...making them work too hot most of times...and IF Interaction gets to be "mixed up" with over stage...because of too long sweep...then we get "Counter- Rotation Effects...that rests power to overall performance.

Any questions, let me know.

MachineAlive: This could be one of your future enhancements/Improvements to your great built machine, a bit bigger commutators will deliver much stronger Magnetic Impact Throw Angles...However, You could check brush, element versus poles sweeping...just rotating by hand checking positioning...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X