Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very glad!!

Originally posted by vintasalo View Post
    Reading further I see what you mean.. I guess I am turning a mole hill into a mountain.
    Hello Vintasalo,

I am glad you have learned there is no need to go the way you were "driving"...

One simple kind of personal opinion...(I like Psychology also.. )

According to your writing here ...I will dare to say... you should be pretty young...

Am I right?

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello Wantomake!

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
      Hello Ufopolitics,

I've just took apart that Generator Head I have, it's attached to a 2 cycle (oil and gasoline mixed) engine . I noticed it has the coiled poles and not magnets.
      It's only 800 watt size.

Problem is the shaft goes into the motor housing and is connected to crank shaft. Not coupled as I hoped. So still looking for suitable generator head.

wantomake
      Hello Wantomake,

I had same Issue before with a 2000 Watts small Genny Head...it was run by a 5 HP One Cylinder Two Strokes...little farting/leaker piece of crap...
      I tell you what I did...

I took the small gas engine apart, got the Crankshaft out ....and cut the Mo..er F...er out....as close as I could to the Piston arc...and I clean it up...round the edges and got a bearing sized for it...then got some aluminum tubing that will fit tight in the bearing Outer Diameter...Cut it, Lathe it a bit...and Mig Welded to a mounting Aluminum flat plate...and got a nice "Part" that I could assemble to most heads...(They are kind of Universals Diameter Coupling)...cause it does fits also the Mecc Alte I recently got...and Bolt will fit (same fine thread type also... )
      So if you are not going to be using the small little gas engine...You could also do that...

I am pretty sure your Motor will turn that small head easy...and You will have fun...and power...and could try to..."Close the Loop"...

Later on I will post some Pre assembled circuits they sell (cheap, around $20.00 USD each)...they are Chargers/Power Source Boards (No Transformer Included)...that will charge 12-24 Volts Lead Acid Batteries...So, you guys could use them to re-charge your source batteries/or "Alternating Batteries"...But they sell many other nice chargers around...fast, slow...all kind...I recommend fast chargers and new style design...(Electronic Switching Technology)...As they consume very little and are faster response equipment.

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        Hello Wantomake,

I had same Issue before with a 2000 Watts small Genny Head...it was run by a 5 HP One Cylinder Two Strokes...little farting/leaker piece of crap...
        I tell you what I did...

I took the small gas engine apart, got the Crankshaft out ....and cut the Mo..er F...er out....as close as I could to the Piston arc...and I clean it up...round the edges and got a bearing sized for it...then got some aluminum tubing that will fit tight in the bearing Outer Diameter...Cut it, Lathe it a bit...and Mig Welded to a mounting Aluminum flat plate...and got a nice "Part" that I could assemble to most heads...(They are kind of Universals Diameter Coupling)...cause it does fits also the Mecc Alte I recently got...and Bolt will fit (same fine thread type also... )
        So if you are not going to be using the small little gas engine...You could also do that...

I am pretty sure your Motor will turn that small head easy...and You will have fun...and power...and could try to..."Close the Loop"...

Later on I will post some Pre assembled circuits they sell (cheap, around $20.00 USD each)...they are Chargers/Power Source Boards (No Transformer Included)...that will charge 12-24 Volts Lead Acid Batteries...So, you guys could use them to re-charge your source batteries/or "Alternating Batteries"...But they sell many other nice chargers around...fast, slow...all kind...I recommend fast chargers and new style design...(Electronic Switching Technology)...As they consume very little and are faster response equipment.

Regards

Ufopolitics
        @Ufo,
        Its funny you mention this. I have done the same exact thing for a roto verter i was gonna build. I had to cut the crank, turn it down to fit a bearing in a custom made end plate so i could bolt it to a three phase motor. Still have the generator head!
        Regards,
        Pmazz.

Comment

• Incredible Uh?

Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
          @Ufo,
          Its funny you mention this. I have done the same exact thing for a roto verter i was gonna build. I had to cut the crank, turn it down to fit a bearing in a custom made end plate so i could bolt it to a three phase motor. Still have the generator head!
          Regards,
          Pmazz.

Hey Pmazz,

That is grreat!...so you have a Gen Head!!...so you could turn it now and you've got the shaft/bearing/ plate made!!

You know the difference in price from a Generator that have an output shaft versus this Female Coupling type?...I mean, it is ridiculous!

So I will see you soon making a Prime Mover for it...

Regards and

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Ready to go

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
            Hello Wantomake,

I tell you what I did...

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Wow....there is so much to do !!!!!

I will try the generator the way you did and try to make it work.

But you said not to modify this genny, just use as is and close the loop. Right.

OK.....can't wait to get this started.

Thanks for the excitement and good leadership.
            wantomake

Comment

• Yes...Don't Modify Genny!

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
              Wow....there is so much to do !!!!!

I will try the generator the way you did and try to make it work.

But you said not to modify this genny, just use as is and close the loop. Right.

OK.....can't wait to get this started.

Thanks for the excitement and good leadership.
              wantomake
              Hello Wantomake,

Yes, do not modify Generator Head...just the mechanical front end...

Make the plate holes a bit elliptical in order to be able to adjust...while rotating by hand first...to make sure steel armature is not rubbing...against Field Core...metal to metal...then tighten.

Now some older Generators require to have Magnetized Rotating Stator Steel laminated Core...(residual magnetism) in order to excite Fields...or it will not work...so, before you take it apart take it on a run with the little "Stinker"(Gas Engine... )...and see if it is outputting power and how much...
              If it is not search for many ways to make it magnetize again...but you must leave it attached to gas engine...to do this.

Sometimes when Generators seat for too long...they loose this residual magnetism...so check it out before taking apart...

Please run it in a well ventilated area...so the CO2 exhausts outside...

The Newer styles (Capacitor Regulated) are much easier to Excite-Re-magnetize...all you have to do is "Just Touch" the AC Cap terminals with a Voltage from 50 to 120V...AC...while Running...that will do...

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-18-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hey Pmazz,

That is grreat!...so you have a Gen Head!!...so you could turn it now and you've got the shaft/bearing/ plate made!!

You know the difference in price from a Generator that have an output shaft versus this Female Coupling type?...I mean, it is ridiculous!

So I will see you soon making a Prime Mover for it...

Regards and

Ufopolitics
                @Ufo,
                A friend of mine is an exercise equipment mechanic and he said he has a brand new dc treadmill motor i can have. He said he thinks its 4hp. So maybe that will be my prime mover for the genny head!

Regards,
                Pmazz.

Comment

Hola Alvaro,

Yes my friend...I wanted to "Accelerate" this Thread...Jump ahead and finish once for all...

Later on...after providing our own Energy/Politics... ...we will seat down relaxed...and keep working on the "Details" and the research and development in the fields of Radiant Energy...Negative Induction , Secondaries...Wireless Transmission of lighting...Hydrolysis...and the works...as also making nicer smaller toys to keep playing around...

And My "Final Frontier"...building Electric Transportation that WILL beat the heck of a Gas Vehicle from 0-60...or Quarter Mile...

I am also working on this Prototypes...

Regards

Ufopolitics

WOW!! Thank you so much UFO from the bottom of my heart

Comment

Hello Vintasalo,

I am glad you have learned there is no need to go the way you were "driving"...

One simple kind of personal opinion...(I like Psychology also.. )

According to your writing here ...I will dare to say... you should be pretty young...

Am I right?

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Actually I consider it my prime sir...

Not too young, but did just jump into a whole new thread without reading the proceeding posts before my own. I ran across nectica's build reading more output volts than it required to run on Youtube, Got Excited and ran to this forum to check it out and throwup a thought

I think I could help get some funding for this project and the funding would pay to put together a self-sustaining generator that you could give in return. the device would revolutionize the industry. Homes without having to rely on costly monthly bills? (one smaller for plug-in devices first)

I'm from over at the earth light thread, whole different ball game
                    Last edited by vintasalo; 09-18-2012, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Alvaro,

There are two ways to make it Brushless...
                      One is by a Permanent Magnet Armature...2, 4 or 6 Magnets as NSNSNS
                      Pulsing Stator will run...this will have magnetic drag and it is NOT scalable...

Second is a more expensive way, but "scalable"...because it will not require permanent magnets (PM)...
                      And that is by wiring an Asymmetrical Armature...but, closing all pairs terminals by diodes and small AC Caps (parallel connected)...Armature windings will get induced steadily by stator pulses...replacing the PM Rotor... , Diodes will prevent from Coils to reverse magnetic/voltage polarity...AC Caps will retain the charge two ways to deliver when diode Forward Bias(closes)...

Capisci? Entiendes? Understand?...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Hola UFO
                      Yeeeeees, indeed I´ve got it
                      To say the truth, thats the way I was thinking just imagining the behavior of mag fields.
                      In fact I was guessing how to fix an armature winded asymmetric from a DC motor (car window) over a pulse motor (Adams) I made last year, so. . . no brushes, no noise . . . but your second option, with no PM is just genial.
                      it allows all kind of sizes with a low sophisticated technology, and may be manufactured world wide !!!
                      Again your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experience overwhelms me.
                      muchas gracias de corazón
                      Alvaro

Comment

• To all having problems logging in

Hello, one thing worked for me, maybe those who have problem logging in can do this, save this webpage in your drive, then just open it and it'll automatically log you in. hope it helps

Comment

• @ Ufo

@ UFO

Thanks for the clarification of the gen head / motor specs.

Regards

John

Comment

• Mecc Alte-Imperial Pictures

Hello to All,

Here are some pics of the Mecc Alte and Imperial Motor Armatures...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am still cleaning up Motor Armature...will have to replace all new Hedges (Insulating blue strips), I am doing it by hand...not applying heat or boiling it...want to keep resin insulation as best as I could...

Motor Armature after winded and with the dual commutators is going to be much heavier than Generator...which is very good...Inertia Forces would be on our side...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Imperial Motor 56 Body Armature

Hello all,

Here is a view of the poles configuration of this Motors...Note how much room (long poles arms) to wind we have there...

This is a great advantage over short poles design, where armatures form a steel ring obstructing for more winds...As an example I am displaying Turion's 16 Poles , so you guys could see the big difference...

Imperial Motor Armature:

[IMG][/IMG]

Razor Scooter Motor 16 Poles (Turion's)

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Good morning UFO
                                Great stuff, looks like a lot of work but I think I am will be ordering one of those motors soon.
                                I had a question regarding your comment about going brushless useing diodes and caps. Does that mean that one could then use a AC armature core to rewind or is that way off base?
                                You must be one of those Paladeins or however it is spelled sent here to help us remember because I can't see how you are going to be able to enslave us by posting everything for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X