No announcement yet.

My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coil I will be pulsing, the stator, will be on a wooden frame. All the cores used so far were wound on steel, laminated to remove eddy currents I know, But they worked fine, and my coil will only be on for like 10 - 20 % of time, which may drag, but there shouldn't be drag while coil is in off time. Thats my thinking, soon we will know for sure, hopefully over the next week, or two, tops.

Comment

• If it doesn't work good, the next rotor will be on a harwood core, big enough to put the caps directly into the armature poles!

Comment

• A new pole on this incredible Human Motor!

Hello to all!!!
        I was reading this thread since a month now and I have to say that is fantastic!!, your work is superb!!!

Ufo are you from this world?? because for me, you are an INCREDIBLE GOOD man!!! You are teaching us, working for us, for this planet, for ALL!!!
        Hope you never run out your "Radiant Energy"!!!!

Well... you are to many from North pole so... hope you don't mind if I get in being from the South pole! (Argentina)... I mean... a good motor need to be balanced

Ok... this is my work so far... I work selling, making and repairing computers, so I have lots of parts from printers, scanners, HDD, etc.
        I got a few dc motors from HP 840C printer and started winding! They are 5 pole like some you are using. I feed it linear 12v with a PC ATX power supply and run very well, input was 11.10v and 8.50v out, I haven't read the rpm because I don't have a tach (yet) but the sound was great and steady, then I want more, so... I got a 34v printer power supply and feed it... WoW!!! it runs incredible!, the sound was so high in freq that was like an air modeling brushless DC motor!! a friend who knows about motors (symmetric ) told me that sure was above 10000 rpm!, soon I will post the video... I'm proud of my first little motor
        Well... next step... I making a PWM to pulse it, I decided to use an Arduino circuit because I'm more comfortable with programming than electronics, in fact I have little knowledge about electronics

Big hug for all of you and keep working!!! I really enjoy this project!!!

Special thanks to Ufo!!!! please never stop

Sorry for my bad English

Nico

Some pictures:

Flickr: gamear2's Photostream

Comment

• @nico8k,
          I like the idea of the see through housing, thats cool!
          Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by s e t h View Post
            i have been thinking a little regarding input sweep angles.

would you mind having a look at the lowest picture and thinking if maybe there are any benefits. yes the coils get reversed but they have 120 degrees where they are un-powered in-between reversing power-on states. also my rendering of the situation could easily be full of errors.

I'm not trying to purposefully muddy the waters here but this design has identical input sweeps to standard symmetrical 3-pole while still hopefully delivering something useful extra.

it will certainly deliver more friction

Hi Ufo, ur new dual assymetrical machine looks beautiful and a lot cheaper Pls Correct me if I'm wrong,and is it just one commutator?, Am I just gonna file the commutators in the middle to get six parts?? Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanskara316 View Post
              Hi Ufo, ur new dual assymetrical machine looks beautiful and a lot cheaper Pls Correct me if I'm wrong,and is it just one commutator?, Am I just gonna file the commutators in the middle to get six parts?? Sorry
              hi Saskara

i didn't want to interfere too much with this thread by posting that design but i would be interested to see what happens. Ufopolitics has not designed that or commented on it yet but i took many design ideas from his asymmetrical designs.
              the major differences are that the coils poles get reversed after an idle time which does not happen in any of Ufopolitics designs. and i'm not sure what kind of outputs will come out of the generator brushes or how to deal with what does come out if anything.

the main reason i dreamed that up was to make sure the asymmetrical 3-pole received identical input sweeps to the standard symmetrical design. this should ensure that at any voltage it performs at least as well as a symmetrical design. the output, if usable, will be a bonus and will hopefully also not hinder the machine like it does when trapped in a symmetrical design.

yes a single commutator with 4-6 brushes should do it but making sure the motor input can never escape into the generator outputs.

if one starts with a 6 or say 12 pole armature with a 6-12 section commutator it can be done without filing the commutator but rather just grouping the poles together like the picture below.

i hope this is seen as an idea that adds to Ufopolitics concepts rather than detracting from it...it is not my intention to hinder progress but rather to stimulate it. for all i know its been done before elsewhere.

Comment

• Just some hints for you:
                1. IF you buy ampmeters like these please take in account that they sell them up to 10A with direct current flow through the meter. Above the meters often are basically of 1mA (different scales painted) range and need to be utilized together with a shunt. (reason: the thick wire coil contradicts to the small dimensions of the meter mechanics) Make shure you have the shunt connected properly. If not you might burn the 1mA winding of your meter instantly (invisibly sometimes). :-)

2. In order to purchase some meters I looked alternatively for older analog multimeters. I was lucky and got a bunch of them 5 € each at eBay. 10A / 1000V. There are some at stock left.
                Older multimeters might be a real alternative for some of you.
                Last edited by JohnStone; 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM.
                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Yes You Can...

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                  Hello UFO
                  On the P-22 diagram, if it is possible to move brush position 90 degrees as I am having the same Bolts between magnets as the 12 pole. My thoughts were to move P1 comm. wire to where P6 is. All others moved according to that. Would that work, all else the same?

If not I must fabracate a new set of endcaps.
                  Dana
                  Hello Dana,

Yes you could do that, change them all to energize at the position you want, just make sure you do not brake the sequence...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello Seth

Originally posted by s e t h View Post
                    i have been thinking a little regarding input sweep angles.

would you mind having a look at the lowest picture and thinking if maybe there are any benefits. yes the coils get reversed but they have 120 degrees where they are un-powered in-between reversing power-on states. also my rendering of the situation could easily be full of errors.

I'm not trying to purposefully muddy the waters here but this design has identical input sweeps to standard symmetrical 3-pole while still hopefully delivering something useful extra.

it will certainly deliver more friction

Hello Seth,

I do not know if you have actually run your "innovation" here...but according to your lower two diagrams "Dual Asymmetrical", if you are energizing N2-N3 at same time, then N3 will oppose to rotation since it is at 10 O'Clock passed the Bisector (at exactly 12:00) of North Stator...

If You want ANY of my Machines to become a "Hybrid"...all you do is Jump lower terminals (at lower Commutator) and add Input at Negative from Input and right next Positive Output Brush...simple...it would be a Symmetrical (reversing polarity) BUT they will also get to idle for some seconds...

However, remember that by reversing polarity...you will be killing Radiant Flow...therefore, all the "magic" that could recharge your systems, or assist rotation on the generator side...So...think...Would it be worthy?

Many "combinations" could be done here, however, I rather keep working with JUST ONE SYSTEM here, since it WILL FOR SURE bring CONFUSION to other Members entering this Thread...and that FACT is happening every day.

@Sanskara: That is NOT My Design...I have no idea if it will work, and I really do not want ANY Reversed Coils here, We had enough of that for too long.

That Commutator with all those different polarities reversals IN-OUT and so many brushes besides having Friction GALORE is going to get RED HOT...Energy Wasted.

Therefore, and this is to ALL Members posting here...

Before you "Just Think" of some Weird Modification...or "Fusion" of My Tech with another Tech, I please ask you to TEST IT FIRST...To see if it renders -at least- any benefits at all...before Posting it here...and exposing it for discussion...

All My Work has been checked and tested to exhaustion By Me...for many years...so please...Let's FIRST...DO what we all have to do...

REPLICATE AND TEST

Thanks and Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-11-2012, 01:51 PM.
                    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello Wantomake

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                      My best teacher Ufopolitics,

Please forgive my slow mind to follow your instructions.

1. You want me to record watts used by mod motor to turn a generator.

2. Then record watts output of the generator as it is turned.

The only problem is the battery voltage to power the coils of the geny as it is producing. So don't worry about anything but #1 and #2. Right.

I'm still new to all of this, though I've replicated a few of the builds in these forums. But what I lack in knowledge I can give to the project -time, spare parts, some testing, great interest and willing heart.

Thanks for your patience,
                      wantomake

Hello and thanks Wantomake,

Ahh...Ok, I did not know your "Geny" needed a Battery to power the coils...Is it an Alternator from a Car?...Or is it a Generator Head?...please I need to know...I got confused when before you have mentioned that when you applied 18 V to Generator...(I thought you were referring to Output from Asymmetric Machine) it ran faster...and that made perfect sense to me...but now am lost here.

Normally a Symmetric Generator Head, will have some magnetism on its Rotating Stators Laminated Steel Core, enough to trigger the Exciting Coils built between the Static Armature...and from there it will NOT need ANY external Feeding when the Prime Mover turns it at high RPM's.
                      Now if the Generator Head have lost its magnetism at Rotor, then you do need to excite it by the Brushes to continuous slip rings to gain excitement...but, that would be until you get the exciter coils to work...

And an Alternator from a Car (Vehicle) will need constant feeding to rotating "Spider Stator" to generate an output...until, through a Voltage Regulator circuit, it will self maintain the excitation...

THE PERFECT TESTING THAT I REFERRED TO MAKE:

Connecting (mechanically, shaft to shaft) My Machine, (a powerful high torque high speed) to a SYMMETRICAL Generator Head...and taking measurements from Input to My Machine-as Output from Generator Head. Meaning Watts In- Watts Out.

Understand it now?

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hello Nico8k!!

Originally posted by nico8k View Post
                        Hello to all!!!
                        I was reading this thread since a month now and I have to say that is fantastic!!, your work is superb!!!

Ufo are you from this world?? because for me, you are an INCREDIBLE GOOD man!!! You are teaching us, working for us, for this planet, for ALL!!!
                        Hope you never run out your "Radiant Energy"!!!!

Well... you are to many from North pole so... hope you don't mind if I get in being from the South pole! (Argentina)... I mean... a good motor need to be balanced

Ok... this is my work so far... I work selling, making and repairing computers, so I have lots of parts from printers, scanners, HDD, etc.
                        I got a few dc motors from HP 840C printer and started winding! They are 5 pole like some you are using. I feed it linear 12v with a PC ATX power supply and run very well, input was 11.10v and 8.50v out, I haven't read the rpm because I don't have a tach (yet) but the sound was great and steady, then I want more, so... I got a 34v printer power supply and feed it... WoW!!! it runs incredible!, the sound was so high in freq that was like an air modeling brushless DC motor!! a friend who knows about motors (symmetric ) told me that sure was above 10000 rpm!, soon I will post the video... I'm proud of my first little motor
                        Well... next step... I making a PWM to pulse it, I decided to use an Arduino circuit because I'm more comfortable with programming than electronics, in fact I have little knowledge about electronics

Big hug for all of you and keep working!!! I really enjoy this project!!!

Special thanks to Ufo!!!! please never stop

Sorry for my bad English

Nico

Some pictures:

Flickr: gamear2's Photostream

Hello Nico!!...and

Thanks for your kind words!!

And welcome my friend from the other Hemisphere of this Planet!...

I have to actually GO THERE and make it happen in ALL Universities from "El Rio Bravo hasta la Patagonia"...That is My Dream...since I am very, absolutely sure...That You guys down there...are the Ones that would really could use this Technology for great benefits...the same as African and Indian Continents...more than Any Northern Hemisphere Developed Country.

And love your excellent Model!!, it looks great and love that clear outer frame!!...Excellent and Luxury idea to see everything there!!

Any questions let me know.

Kind Regards!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Hello Ufo and all,

It is great to see all the great replications coming along so well.
                          I've just put together this build hope you all enjoy.
                          See it here .....Asymmetric Motor, 12 Pole, build and run, by netica. Video 4 - YouTube

Asymmetric Motor Video Info....

12 Pole - 12 Comm Torqmaster Setup.

Wire diameter is 0.7mm.
                          18 winds per coil.
                          36 winds per coil pair.

8mm stainless steel shaft.
                          Rotor is 90mm long and a diameter of 60mm.

Run with 24 volts from 2*12v sealed lead acid batteries.

In this video no connections are made to the generator side.

netica

Comment

• An Excellent Build!!

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                            Hello Ufo and all,

It is great to see all the great replications coming along so well.
                            I've just put together this build hope you all enjoy.
                            See it here .....Asymmetric Motor, 12 Pole, build and run, by netica. Video 4 - YouTube

Asymmetric Motor Video Info....

12 Pole - 12 Comm Torqmaster Setup.

Wire diameter is 0.7mm.
                            18 winds per coil.
                            36 winds per coil pair.

8mm stainless steel shaft.
                            Rotor is 90mm long and a diameter of 60mm.

Run with 24 volts from 2*12v sealed lead acid batteries.

In this video no connections are made to the generator side.

netica

Hello Netica!!

Excellent built my Friend!!...just awesome!!...

Very well built and run very strong!!

I see You've got HER right there at the end of video...on Neon...AWESOME!...I LOVE that LIGHT!!!

Many Thanks for sharing such excellent made video and Model for Us ALL to enjoy!!

Now, see how the CFL blinks right?...and the more you accelerate the faster it goes...but at same time kind of diminish a bit...Well...do something...get a mechanical load at Motor Shaft while doing that...just two pieces of wood...like you have done before...and watch it Glow more steady...as it intensifies Glow...do NOT do that test with neon...or you may blow it...

As I am pretty sure very soon you will be posting a video so we could see output levels of Volts-Amps...

Regards my Friend!!

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              Hello and thanks Wantomake,

Ahh...Ok, I did not know your "Geny" needed a Battery to power the coils...Is it an Alternator from a Car?...Or is it a Generator Head?...please I need to know...I got confused when before you have mentioned that when you applied 18 V to Generator...(I thought you were referring to Output from Asymmetric Machine) it ran faster...and that made perfect sense to me...but now am lost here.

Normally a Symmetric Generator Head, will have some magnetism on its Rotating Stators Laminated Steel Core, enough to trigger the Exciting Coils built between the Static Armature...and from there it will NOT need ANY external Feeding when the Prime Mover turns it at high RPM's.
                              Now if the Generator Head have lost its magnetism at Rotor, then you do need to excite it by the Brushes to continuous slip rings to gain excitement...but, that would be until you get the exciter coils to work...

And an Alternator from a Car (Vehicle) will need constant feeding to rotating "Spider Stator" to generate an output...until, through a Voltage Regulator circuit, it will self maintain the excitation...

THE PERFECT TESTING THAT I REFERRED TO MAKE:

Connecting (mechanically, shaft to shaft) My Machine, (a powerful high torque high speed) to a SYMMETRICAL Generator Head...and taking measurements from Input to My Machine-as Output from Generator Head. Meaning Watts In- Watts Out.

Understand it now?

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics
                              Dear Ufopolitics,

Sorry about my poor descriptions of my work.

It is an old car generator delco remy 12v. I do have three gas powered generators that are high wattage, but don't think the mod ufopolitics motor will turn those.

In that post I applied 18 volts to "both" sides of the mod ufopolitics motor and made it "turbo boost" much faster and more torque.

As the pics below show: I coupled a car generator for test purposes, to see what the watts input vs. output would be.

With 2x 18 volt batteries on both sides of Modified Ufopolitcs motor:

90 watts with no load on generator

97.6 watts with load on generator charging 12v battery

generator output was only 5 watts. RPM was too low and I don't have
                              a voltage regulator to do correct right testing.

It did charge the 12v battery slowly but was getting a little warm in Turbo Boost mode.
                              So I'll try to find a symmetrical generator to do the testing.

I now understand what you are talking about.
                              wantomake
                              Last edited by wantomake; 07-31-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Hello Wantomake

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                                Dear Ufopolitics,

Sorry about my poor descriptions of my work.

It is an old car generator delco remy 12v. I do have three gas powered generators that are high wattage, but don't think the mod ufopolitics motor will turn those.

In that post I applied 18 volts to "both" sides of the mod ufopolitics motor and made it "turbo boost" much faster and more torque.

As the pics below show: I coupled a car generator for test purposes, to see what the watts input vs. output would be.

[ATTACH]12085[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]12086[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]12087[/ATTACH]

With 2x 18 volt batteries on both sides of Modified Ufopolitcs motor:

90 watts with no load on generator

97.6 watts with load on generator charging 12v battery

generator output was only 5 watts. RPM was too low and I don't have
                                a voltage regulator to do correct right testing.

It did charge the 12v battery slowly but was getting a little warm in Turbo Boost mode.
                                So I'll try to find a symmetrical generator to do the testing.

I do know now what you are talking about.
                                wantomake
                                Hello Wantomake,

An Alternator from a Car is a worthless test...I have written about that before. It takes too much to energize it stator-Rotor Coils at all time...to merely produce 12V?...

Yes a Generator Head (If Brushless, better) would do much better. But again...You will have to find a Motor or two that have Four Stator-Four Brush systems...

I have tried to put together for you the Diagram...but it is too complicated and not too good of an idea to post it now, it will create confusion...So let's reset to page 1...above...4Stator 4 Brush Big Motor...would do rotate and generate on a Symmetrical Generator Head.

Thanks

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X