Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your English is great.

Originally posted by interdesign21 View Post
    By the way, soy espaņol, and I wish my english was better.
    I subscribed at Cacharreo Forum, they are in Spain (By the way beautiful Country!)...where Torpex Member here is from...and there I would be expanding all this Technology in Spanish, since by the Google translations they are kind lost... ...while helping others to replicate...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Still confused...

UFOPOLITICS said

There are NOT SPECIFIC "Motor Coils" or "Generator Coils" in NONE of this Machines.

They ALL SWING/SWAP from Motor to Generator and from Generator to Motor...at all times during performance.

Your are right UFOPOLITICS, I was thinking Alexander motor which does that.

Sorry,

Norman

Comment

• So far behind, but want to be a part !!!

Hello to all,
        First post here. Woo this is moving so fast. I've been reading all of this great "book" and only on post #93. I have a question please. If this stops the flow, please don' answer. I have seen all UFO utubes. John g. posted that you wind one way-A- through -D-, then go down through -A- to -C- and up. Is this not CCW then CW? In other post prior I read "wind both the same way".

Thanks with much respect and hope for this,
        Wantomake

Comment

• Hello Wantomake!

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          Hello to all,
          First post here. Woo this is moving so fast. I've been reading all of this great "book" and only on post #93. I have a question please. If this stops the flow, please don' answer. I have seen all UFO utubes. John g. posted that you wind one way-A- through -D-, then go down through -A- to -C- and up. Is this not CCW then CW? In other post prior I read "wind both the same way".

Wantomake

Hello and Wantomake!!

Ok so I figure (because you are on post 93...you are referring to the 5 pole R/S Motor...

So I will bring you a bit ahead "In the Future"...to post 1428, page 48...from there on.

So your best path would be to follow Member Vincevl great videos showing how to measure and wind them...

On this Video Vince, shows how to measure resistance and continuity between pairs of Coils...He is correct there.

On this video after 1:50 on ...Vince shows how to wind it with a piece of cord...excellent...Now in the beginning of video Vince explains He had a problem with Motor,...it blew in white smoke...so do not panic... ...it was due that He had the brushes set up as Motor comes from factory...and it is supposed to be as the Diagram shows (90 Rotated Degrees) ...But in the coming video...HERE...He got it running perfect after resolving that small issue... His windings explanation video are perfect....That is why I am using His video as a guide for you to follow...

Below is a pic of a 3D Model I made ...where it shows one Pair of coils..attached to commutator elements...

[IMG][/IMG]

Also Member Bbem/Bert explained great in detail...as also Member Woopy made another great video showing His Motor Here

Hope all this helps you...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
            Hello to all,

Wantomake
            Wantomake,
            It is one half cw and one half ccw when you look at the face of the armeture. As stated before, imagine winding one long coil and bending it in the middle. One half will go clockwise and the other half will go counter clockwise. Hope that helps you.
            Regards pmazz.

Comment

• Good to be here

Thanks for the great vids and wisdom,
              I watched all the youtube vids and now understand. I have several motors, small 5 pole (wiring now), 7-12 pole motors, starter/gen from golf cart, old generators (several), electric wheelchair wheels three phase types, lots of time, a student's eager heart and thanks to great teachers here like you, I should get much accomplished.

The more I learn the more I find I don't know.
              wantomake

@pmazz,
              Thanks,
              After a study of the vids I see what you're saying.
              Last edited by wantomake; 09-05-2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• nada

Hola UFO
                I visited the cacharreo forum.It was new for me so thank you & congrats for your excellent spanish.
                I finally assembled the small dual penta motor.
                46 turns in each half S coil side and 36 turns at the N side which is half the length of total wire for each coil.
                as you specified. 30 awg (I used the original wire that was in the motor)
                I tested resistance once assembled, my multimeter shows 37 Ohms each coil (do not trust this)
                All S winded CCW and all N winded CW.
                Commutator segments perfectly aligned. (used the needle trick). Tested continuity between comm segments, also between brushes and segments, and finally between contacts and chassis.
                Tested position of brushes for alignment.I found that the two motors (which were of different length, had the brushes position at 90 degrees so I changed one to this position (also by continuity)
                I fed it linear with a small lead batt 12V 0.8Ah
                NADA de NADA, nothing happens !
                Quite frustrating after such a meticulous work !

Any suggestion?

regards
                Alvaro
                Last edited by interdesign21; 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: unpolite

Comment

• Regarding my motor
                  Ok question 1: Are You setting brushes as Motor have it from factory?...If answer is Yes...then you are fine.
                  2: Did you balance windings between smaller coils and bigger upper "Y" Coils, meaning having same length of wire? if yes then you are fine.
                  3: Try moving upper-lower brushes a bit...I am pretty sure that a better alignment will increase output. Now to do that you will have to "shave" the plastic tabs from brush casing...in order to rotate them freely...and move them equally towards same direction...however...after getting a better output reading, then move just one side a bit more...and watch it...

Yes to all of the above. However I only made one end adjustable as I figured that the one end that was never altered from factory wouldn't need adjusting. Maybe that was bad logic. I will try adjustin it a little to see if I can get more output.

Comment

• Need More Amps...

Hola UFO
                    I visited the cacharreo forum.It was new for me so thank you & congrats for your excellent spanish.
                    I finally assembled the small dual penta motor.
                    46 turns in each half S coil side and 36 turns at the N side which is half the length of total wire for each coil.
                    as you specified. 30 awg (I used the original wire that was in the motor)
                    I tested resistance once assembled, my multimeter shows 37 Ohms each coil (do not trust this)
                    All S winded CCW and all N winded CW.
                    Commutator segments perfectly aligned. (used the needle trick). Tested continuity between comm segments, also between brushes and segments, and finally between contacts and chassis.
                    Tested position of brushes for alignment.I found that the two motors (which were of different length, had the brushes position at 90 degrees so I changed one to this position (also by continuity)
                    I fed it linear with a small lead batt 12V 0.8Ah
                    NADA de NADA, nothing happens !
                    Quite frustrating after such a meticulous work !

Any suggestion?

regards
                    Alvaro

Hello Alvaro,

You need a bigger Amps/hour battery, my friend...at least a 12V/2.9 A/Hour...
                    Now the resistance value is too high... your meter could be wrong...or there is another problem there...however, if it read on each five pairs that much resistance is weird...

Try a bigger Amps battery...and let's see.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Timing...

Originally posted by Zardox View Post
                      Regarding my motor
                      Ok question 1: Are You setting brushes as Motor have it from factory?...If answer is Yes...then you are fine.
                      2: Did you balance windings between smaller coils and bigger upper "Y" Coils, meaning having same length of wire? if yes then you are fine.
                      3: Try moving upper-lower brushes a bit...I am pretty sure that a better alignment will increase output. Now to do that you will have to "shave" the plastic tabs from brush casing...in order to rotate them freely...and move them equally towards same direction...however...after getting a better output reading, then move just one side a bit more...and watch it...

Yes to all of the above. However I only made one end adjustable as I figured that the one end that was never altered from factory wouldn't need adjusting. Maybe that was bad logic. I will try adjustin it a little to see if I can get more output.

Hello Zardox,

You need BOTH ends to be "movable"...and the moving is BOTH in the same direction at equal distance, in order you do not loose the linear alignment of both elements at commutator...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• My PhotobuckeT Account has been blocked...

Hello to all,

For some reason...My Photobucket account has been either Hacked...Blocked...or Locked...I can not have access to it ...

The Pictures are there, as I can "call them" into Navigator and they will upload...but access directly, without even logging in...is Forbidden.

If You guys could check from your end and tell me if you could access it...then is my IP

My Album access link: http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/ufopolitics/

Maybe the whole site is down...I hope that is what it is...

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Brush positions

I have seen motors where the brushes are offset by 15-20 degrees from the mid point of the magnets. Something to look out for.

Comment

• time zone

Hola UFO
                            tried to get into your photobucket from here (Spain) same result as yours.(Miami time:10:25)

The advise about amps hour of batt, applies also to your timeless machine ?,
                            may you recommend the specs for a timeless machine for low amps draw (12V-0.8 Ah) ? supposing physical size the same as in your video
                            Thanks for your patience
                            sometimes your and my posts are just delayed by the time zone
                            regards
                            Alvaro

Comment

• My PhotobuckeT Account has been blocked..

Yep it is blocked:

"The action that you were trying to perform has failed."

Regards, Bert.

Comment

• Minimize resistance

Hola UFO
                                tried to get into your photobucket from here (Spain) same result as yours.(Miami time:10:25)

The advise about amps hour of batt, applies also to your timeless machine ?,
                                may you recommend the specs for a timeless machine for low amps draw (12V-0.8 Ah) ? supposing physical size the same as in your video
                                Thanks for your patience
                                sometimes your and my posts are just delayed by the time zone
                                regards
                                Alvaro
                                Hello

In order to work with that battery...you must lower your Resistance on ALL coils, Timeless stator also...
                                But that battery is too low...so it would not even trigger a PWM Circuit my friend...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X