Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correction needed

@UfO,
    In your new dual pentagon 5 pole diagram, there is an error. There are 2 poles labeled P3. P2 is labeled as P3, so you should probably correct, it as it could lead to winding confusion.

As you can see, I have been studying it!

Other then that the wind looks very interesting.

Regards
    Pmazz.

Comment

• Good find

Thanks Dave,
      I was going to start looking for someone who made those.
      I had checked my local surplus store but all they had was big brushes.
      This should save lots of time.
      Mark

Originally posted by Turion
      For those of you building larger than the radio shack motors who would rather not go through the expense of tearing apart two motors to make one, check out this web site.
      Eurton Electric Online Store: Commutators

I have been able to get anything I need form them. If they don't already have it, they are pretty good about finding a place they can get it.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion
        For those of you building larger than the radio shack motors who would rather not go through the expense of tearing apart two motors to make one, check out this web site.

I have been able to get anything I need form them. If they don't already have it, they are pretty good about finding a place they can get it.

Dave

Great find!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion

Dave
          Turion,

That is a good find.

Will save time and money!

Thanks for sharing.

Contacted them about commutators for the Torqmaster 180.

They said:

"I cannot cross this motor to what commutator it uses."

Ufopolitics, do you have a description/dimensions to give them for the commutator that may help them locate the right one?

Thanks,

IndianaBoys

Comment

• Ametek Armatures

Hello Turion,

Thanks, that is a great site!

I called and ask about some Asymmetric Armatures Windings I needed , cross fired Four Brushes Dual Commutators, Dual Pentagons...They went...

WTF??!!

Now I found two great Armatures on the Ametek Vacuum Cleaner Motors below...long shaft, and very good armatures-commutators

[IMG][/IMG]

Seriously, great place!!

Regards

Ufopolitics
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Armature Size...

Did you see the armature from the Pac Sci motor I posted a picture of above? How does it compare in size to what you found (I included a ruler in the picture for reference) The armature itself is 5 3/4 inches long.

Dave
              Dave,

Look at it..

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hobbico Torqmaster

Originally posted by IndianaBoys View Post
                Hi Ufopolitics,

Thanks for clarifying that the Torqmaster does not qualify for the new Dual Pentagon Asymmetric winding method.

We have the Torqmaster motor, just needed to pull all the information together to wind it.

These are the direct links to all the posts you did related to the Torqmaster so far:

I'll spell it various ways to help those that may search for it in these ways (TorqueMaster TorquMaster Torque Master).

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post201964 Post 201964 Ufopolitics: This one is missing the graphic

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post201972 Post 201972

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post203833 Post 203833

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post203835 Post 203835

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post203930 Post 203930

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post204038 Post 204038

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post204588 Post 204588

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post204664 Post 204664

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post205490 Post 205490

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post206141 Post 206141

IndianaBoys

Hello IndianaBoys,

The one I recommended for the TorqMaster (that is the way the Brand Spells it) is the one at 90 Degrees, since this motors have crossing bolts from end to end, passing by the Two Stators spacers. Diagram below:

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I recommended the Torqmaster 180 and NOT the 90, just because the 180 You guys do not have to elongate outer body, meaning, cutting and welding...plus its shaft is pretty long...so I wrote to order a second model # 90 to get the parts from which will be commutator ,brushes and casing, However check with Turion's site...I am pretty sure the shaft is 8.0 mm

The Star of David could also be done...but is a very High Torque motor and it also need modifications...including in the commutators...so I prefer the P-12/ 90 Degrees.

And the picture missing is just a pic of the Torqmaster ...no big deal..

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Industrial Vacuum Cleaners.

I looked at the picture when you first posted it, but there is nothing there that indicates the size, that I can tell. It seems to be pretty big, but I ordered some motors before that I thought were pretty big, and they fit in my hand. So I try to get some more info than just a picture.

Dave
                  Hello Dave,

Are You familiar with the size of an Industrial Vacuum Cleaner like the one they are showing here?
                  Did you notice the two red brushes sticking out with a couple of cables?...well that is where Commutator "should" go right?
                  Then can you "make up", from brushes to Turbo Fan Blade below (also shown on your right hand picture, the size of Motor shaft?

Do you think it will fit in one hand?

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• The One I saw...

UFO,

THat's all good information but it still doesn't answer the question of the SIZE of that armature. So I looked up the motors here:

Ametek Vacuum Cleaner Motors

and the specs here:
                    http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Pr...tin/114586.pdf

and then converted them to inches which tells me that armature is 4.10 inches long, which is all I was asking. The armature in the Pac Sci motor is 5.75 inches.

The problem is, I am not positive that is the same motor, but that was the best I could do, since I don't have the model number on the motor you showed.

Dave
                    Hey Dave,

Here:

[IMG][/IMG]

Ametek Lamb 116565-13 Vacuum Motor

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Are we still on DC zone

Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but doesn't those vacuum cleaner motors use an AC, as the original voltage source?

If so, could an AC motor be converted to DC, to use on this very project?

I have one candidate, being a cheapo router motor, rated at 220V/1200W.

Would be a blast to give it a new life, as it is probably way more robust, than my small motor setup, which I managed to burn badly, while testing.

Comment

• DC Zone

Originally posted by sorveltaja View Post
                        Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but doesn't those vacuum cleaner motors use an AC, as the original voltage source?

If so, could an AC motor be converted to DC, to use on this very project?

I have one candidate, being a cheapo router motor, rated at 220V/1200W.

Would be a blast to give it a new life, as it is probably way more robust, than my small motor setup, which I managed to burn badly, while testing.
                        Hello dear Sorveltaja,

Of course they could be converted, this type of AC Motors belong to the "Universal Motor Family", the difference is... they have a wound Stator...but same commutator-brush systems...
                        They could be fed linearly, however, better results by pulsing them, then getting Radiant energy from both, Stator and Armature Coils.
                        See Diag below:

[IMG][/IMG]

Now, I made that diagram for the Asymmetrical Fiberglass Core Wound Stator, however, a Dual or Quad Stator Coil System based on laminated Steel Core, will work as well.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for quick reply, Ufo!

I guess, that for me, it's time to investigate that router motor more closely.

Comment

• vacuum cleaner motors

Hi All,
                            Hi UFO,

After thinking about those vacuum cleaner motors, I called my small town vacuum cleaner repair facility and guess what, they had a back room full of vacuum cleaner motors that have been taken out of service. I got three kerbys, a few other types but larger (all in pairs)and some smaller head motors that are about three inches diameter. Thay said that free was a good price and that if I wanted more just come and get there junk. Its not junk to me. All are universal motors and in great shape. Thay said that when a kerby comes in and the customer finds that a new motor costs over five hundred dollars that they just buy a new machine. Now just think of how many small town vacuum cleaner repair stores are arround you. Every where.
                            Dana
                            Last edited by prochiro; 08-21-2012, 11:22 PM.
                            "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Turion...What is this?

UFO,
                              Do I have the wiring right for the 16 pole as far as the brushes go (photo attached) I am getting around 9-10 volts DV out, but can't light up any cfl's with it while the motor is running. I want to make sure it is working correctly before running the load tests.

Dave

Turion,

What is this?...the two Commutators?, two motors?...which one is Input...which out?...

I believe you are trying to show the two commutators hooked...am I correct?...please use some text...letters, numbers...

Ok you are getting 9-10V out on what Input source? 12 or 24V?

CFL's will flash...when connected to output...just flicker...now, when you apply mechanical load , then they will light up higher and steady.

Is this what you meant?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Ufopolitcs
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-22-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• New 5 Pole Winding

UFO,

I saw your new winding and have ordered two motors to try it out. It makes perfect sense to me.

You told me earlier that to get the motor and generator to be self-sustaining I would need a 4 brush, 4 stator motor. If my 20 pole, 40 element, 2 brush, 2 stator Baldor 3330 motor was wound this new way would it still most likely fall short of being self-sustaining. It was manufactured with 18AWG windings. What gauge wire should I use when winding the new way?

I put a pic of the rotor in Photobucket:

Pictures by bobfrench - Photobucket

Can't wait to try the new winding!!!

Thanks my friend,

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X