My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!
    Just an idiot question about the brush size.
    Wich is best:
    -brush smaller than the colector?
    -brush the same size as the colector?
    -brush bigger than the colector?
    In my mind i think that the brush must be the same size as the colector but i'm not sure.
    Maybe someone can confirm this
    Many thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      For those interested in reworking the Razor scooter motor MY1016,
      Lowes has unthreaded rod that is the same diameter as the shaft that goes through that motor, which means you could actually get a long rod, drill holes in the end casing, and combine a motor with generator build by making one long case out of two and put a generator on the end of the shaft. UFO could probably help us figure out EXACTLY how to wire up that generator.

The best part about that motor is the built in mounts on it, so if you bolt two cases down to the same board, they are perfectly aligned, and you don't have to worry so much about your soldering or welding skills to combine the cases.

Dave
      Hi the motors I'm using are one I can get free at moment not very big about 2 inches long but not to worried about there size as I've got about 15 of them to pull apart so if I mess up don't matter not sure about wire gage as not taken apart yet

Comment

• It depends Mariuscivic

Originally posted by mariuscivic View Post
        Hello everyone!
        Just an idiot question about the brush size.
        Wich is best:
        -brush smaller than the colector?
        -brush the same size as the colector?
        -brush bigger than the colector?
        In my mind i think that the brush must be the same size as the colector but i'm not sure.
        Maybe someone can confirm this
        Many thanks!

Hello Mariuscivic,

Brush size...really depends on the design...
        Some of My Motors I join collectors-elements together, like the Pentagons, there, the Brush size could be the size of two elements...

In Small Motor applications, like your incredible Five Poles...it could be just the exact size of element...or collector, it runs better...

However, in must of my designs it do not make any problems if brush is bigger than one Collector...Not getting too big though, as to reach three elements...

Regards

UFO
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Making A Commutator From Scratch...

Hello to All
          Video shows a fast method to build reliable Motor-Generator Commutators...

Regards

Ufopolitics

BUILDING COMMUTATORS FROM SCRATCH - YouTube
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Nice

@UFO,
            Nice method on the commutator! If its a smaller amount of segments, say 5, then you could groove the bottom so you have ten slots and have 5 tabs to bend under, like you do on the top. More holding power! But more segments, the less likely this will be possible.
            Regards.

Comment

• PMWUK Wire Size for 3 Pole

Hi the motors I'm using are one I can get free at moment not very big about 2 inches long but not to worried about there size as I've got about 15 of them to pull apart so if I mess up don't matter not sure about wire gage as not taken apart yet
              PMW, I made my first 3 pole using AWG 30 gauge wire. It was definitely heavier than the finer wire I pulled off the armature. But if you've got 15 to play with, it might be a good place to start to get used to winding. Ultimately, your coil resistance on each pole has to be at a certain level (I can't remember where it's posted, but it's back there early on in the thread) for the motor to be effective. With such a small motor, a finer wire than 30 ga might be better. However, if you want to get one running, 30 might be a good place to start.
              Bob

Comment

• Quote from Bob Smith :
                PMW, Ultimately, your coil resistance on each pole has to be at a certain level (I can't remember where it's posted, but it's back there early on in the thread

No less then 1 ohm.
                Last edited by pmazz850; 08-01-2012, 11:54 AM. Reason: modify

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                  Hello to All
                  Video shows a fast method to build reliable Motor-Generator Commutators...

Regards

Ufopolitics

BUILDING COMMUTATORS FROM SCRATCH - YouTube

Comment

• Hey Pmazz

Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
                    @UFO,
                    Nice method on the commutator! If its a smaller amount of segments, say 5, then you could groove the bottom so you have ten slots and have 5 tabs to bend under, like you do on the top. More holding power! But more segments, the less likely this will be possible.
                    Regards.
                    Good Morning Pmazz,

Well, I have built 12 segments Commutators with this method, except that I have made each piece independently cut from a flat Copper sheet, filed and made it fit into a composite fiber ring made also by me, which I have drilled holes...(not just bent tabs on top of edge) to insert elements one by one...it was a pretty nice size Diameter though, and Two Levels of Commutator segments...

The reason I went through all this trouble...was because, That type of commutator concept I've built, simply does not exist...works completely reversed engineered to our known ways...Brushes sweep from inside out, not from outside in, like We all know so far...and Motor turned wonderfully at High RPM's...

It all depends on how far on accuracy and miniature level of detail you go, how fine the cuts are made at elements, will allow to make more bending tabs, as also the area of your piece of course...

I believe this method is better than just epoxy-glued Elements flat surface to another flat surface...Here we have a structural hold at each independent piece (the tabs), and I guarantee that if done right, those copper elements could worn out first, rather than coming apart, or get loose in the middle of operation. See, when winding a Motor or Generator, this Hooks at elements must hold our hand pressure to keep wire tense, allowing a very compact and tight coil , that will not vibrate loose, nor wires get out by rotation and tangle within machine.

I believe you could build your commutator for your scratched made motor based on this method...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• A question on your DEFINING RADIANT ENERGY FIELD (Part 1) Video. I notice the audio volume goes down as you insert the motor. Is this the field thats causing it?

Comment

• Hello ufo

Sorry if i make some silly questions.

What is the best configuration for highest RPM with lowest torque, lowest consumption?

The motor i'm modifying for example, the original rpm was 1750 at 5 amps 90volts....

I just wish i could get higher rpm than this for lower power...

Regards

Fabio

ps: Thanks For that patent Waterfall i will read it well!

Comment

• Hello Iotayodi

Originally posted by Iotayodi View Post
                          A question on your DEFINING RADIANT ENERGY FIELD (Part 1) Video. I notice the audio volume goes down as you insert the motor. Is this the field thats causing it?
                          Hello Iotayodi,

The way I make my Lab videos is by setting Cam on a Tripod, Camera has a directional Mic, and I am moving behind it...so sometimes my Voice goes out of its directional angle of audio capture...So that could be a possibility...
                          I am not sure if the Field caused that, honestly, I have not paid attention to that part...But I due have observed the directional issue I have noticed at time to edit videos...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-01-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• High RPM's

Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
                            Hello ufo

Sorry if i make some silly questions.

What is the best configuration for highest RPM with lowest torque, lowest consumption?

The motor i'm modifying for example, the original rpm was 1750 at 5 amps 90volts....

I just wish i could get higher rpm than this for lower power...

Regards

Fabio

ps: Thanks For that patent Waterfall i will read it well!

Hello Fabio,

Higher RPM's are only achieved by increasing the "Throw Out Angles" of Interactions between Stators-Armature Activating Coils, per segments of Coils-Poles, the more Poles you comprehend within your Machine Structured Coils...the higher the speed...the lower the torque...as it also works the other way around...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• So if i could wind a coil around each pole it gets the maximum speed?
                              I mean grouping one or two pole per coil? Instead of six poles for each coil for example...

Thanks in Advance...
                              Regards

Comment

• I have made many, MANY commutators over the years using copper roof flashing from Lowes that comes in long rolls. The hardest part of the process is determining how many segments you want on your commutator and then figuring out how wide those segments must be (making sure to include the gaps in between) and then creating a form to bend the metal to your specs.

I built a jig for my table saw that is clamped in place. and I clamp my commutator piece to it. I make my commutators out of three pieces. A hollow tube and two end pieces. (Usually pvc pipe and the end pieces out of plastic I can spin on my grinder to sand until perfectly round for the end pieces)

WIth the jig clamped to the table saw and the commutator piece (minus the end caps) clamped to the jig, I slowly raise the saw blade until I get the length of cut I need. Then turn the saw off, lower the blade, and rotate the commutator to make the next cut. If the cut is not as deep as I need in some places (because of the curve of the saw blade) I use a drill bit of the appropriate width or a hacksaw blade to extend the length of the cut, using the channel the saw blade has left me as my guide.

I don't have the program to do the graphics to show what I am talking about, but here is a crude hand drawing that shows what I have been doing.

EDIT: I should mention that each slot I cut on the commutator has two pieces of copper from two different commutator segments in it. To make sure they do not touch I will cut a piece of very small diameter wire with insulation on it and wedge between the pieces of copper with a screwdriver to hold them apart until that gap can be filled by hardened epoxy. You can also cut the tabs of the "U" shaped copper long enough so that they go all the way through and can be bent over on the inside to hold them in place and keep them from falling out while you are moving the commutator around.

Hope this is of benefit to somebody.

Dave
                                Last edited by Turion; 09-09-2012, 03:52 PM.
                                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                                —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Working...
                                X