Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 pole

Hi all,

Here is my first 3 pole modified motor(smaller one). I used two different motors. One had external brushes and one had internal brushes. So i only had to add a small section of housing to make it work. I just used JB weld to attatch the extension. Only bad thing is i have zero shaft left. But its pretty torquey!
    The other parts you see are a 12 pole armature and brush setup i'm gonna play with next. The motor is from a blower motor for an automobile. It has about a 7" shaft on it! Considering a metal-less housing, not sure though...

Instead of adding a commutator, because i don't have another identical motor, i'm considering splitting the commutator and having a dual commutator on one side of the motor like UFO posted earlier. It will deffinently be a little harder to accomplish, but i think its doable. I could chuck the shaft and just groove the comm. to split it(in the lathe of course) but then i would have to drill vertical holes through the base material of the comm. to allow the wires to pass to the upper comm. Does anyone know exactly what material that is that they bond the copper too for the comm? I think you should be able to drill through it. My other issue is i will need the second set of brushes. Does anyone know if a carbon brush can be cut? Or would it just crumble? L ots of question?

But its alot of fun tearing stuff apart and makin something else out of it!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dr Green, a suggestion?

You are a very intelligent man with both great theoretical and practical knowledge. You are addressing someone who I conclude has like attributes. Both of you are do-ers not bs-ers. Dr, you have a difference in opinion with the quoted statements of U.P. Fine. I wish to offer this suggestion, you are not dealing with an Eric Dollard personality. My suspicion is that U.P. doesn't see things in black and white as Mr. Dollard (Who does have a great wit and sense of humor if not irritated) does. His writing reflects a person who writes what he visualizes, what he sees in his mind. Bright colors, grand visions. He thinks in his maternal language and then his mind converts it to English.

You are sure of your knowledge and based on his postings here I suspect he is likewise very sure of what he writes. Both of you write from practical experience. Why not share your great knowledge on these matters without the somewhat dogmatic tone? Explain your information based on your works and if U.P. is full of sh_t and doesn't disclose on his schedule serious material confirming his perspective of some aspects of Tesla technology, we will know it.

Let me pose this, what if he has found a way to do what he describes and discloses it? Will you embrace it? Will you apply it?

I offer this suggestion not as a smart ass but as one who perhaps has spent a little more time than most to determine what stalls the forward motion of good people, and wish to share it in good faith. You have my deep respect (even if it means nothing to you) as does U.P. I wish nothing but the best to both of you.
      Last edited by zapzap; 07-21-2012, 12:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
        Hi all,

Here is my first 3 pole modified motor(smaller one). I used two different motors. One had external brushes and one had internal brushes. So i only had to add a small section of housing to make it work. I just used JB weld to attatch the extension. Only bad thing is i have zero shaft left. But its pretty torquey!
        The other parts you see are a 12 pole armature and brush setup i'm gonna play with next. The motor is from a blower motor for an automobile. It has about a 7" shaft on it! Considering a metal-less housing, not sure though...

Instead of adding a commutator, because i don't have another identical motor, i'm considering splitting the commutator and having a dual commutator on one side of the motor like UFO posted earlier. It will deffinently be a little harder to accomplish, but i think its doable. I could chuck the shaft and just groove the comm. to split it(in the lathe of course) but then i would have to drill vertical holes through the base material of the comm. to allow the wires to pass to the upper comm. Does anyone know exactly what material that is that they bond the copper too for the comm? I think you should be able to drill through it. My other issue is i will need the second set of brushes. Does anyone know if a carbon brush can be cut? Or would it just crumble? L ots of question?

But its alot of fun tearing stuff apart and makin something else out of it!

Hello Pmazz,

What you want to do to that Commutator...are very high chances you are gonna loose it...Comm Copper elements have an internal pattern called "Duck Tail", to hold inside a type of silica-formaldehyde compound that goes into ovens at very High Temp...composing a kind of Mica...and to do all what you wanna do...well...good luck.
        Now my picture is not real, but a CGI...on dual comm on top...and that was two separate ones...however I have not made that attempt in reality, just because to dril in between duck tails is a surgical and guessing operation...hard to succeed...

Why not search in a junk yard...they may have hundreds of those poor things...a whole cemetery of symmetrical crap..piles of them...all over...they get on fire faster than a Barbeque...or a Gas stove...

And why don't you try to get a longer shaft for torquey??make it real...I know you can..

Regards

UFO
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi Ufo

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Dear Wonza,

Yes it is indeed possible to have "self running machines", but not based on our Artificially Originated Magnetic Fields...They will never do it..ever.

We have to conceive another type of Machine to achieve this...a machine that would run MAINLY on Radiant Electromagnetic Field Flux...
          What do you think We should do to achieve this?

Simple, Dear Wonza...Now, in order to achieve this...We must weaken our Artificial Magnetic Field...therefore our Artificial Magnetic Flux...then SHE will thrive out, and take over 90% of the Machine...a "Spirit Ran Machine"...

Then We use a minimal input of our Fields...just to keep HER in**...and SHE will flow out of our Machine to ANYWHERE you allow and set HER to be HOSTED IN...then converted to our flow and feedback (charge) our Source Systems...with a minimal part of it...

**There is a "POINT"...after We get HER IN...that we can just disconnect our pulses, Dear Friend...and just keep a very low linear Input to Coils...while SHE is still there and STRONG...

Warm regards

UFO
          Sounds interesting. So how close are you to creating such a setup?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
            Well HELLO MR DR. GREEN!!

Welcome!!
            First time I see you around here...posting with me...but of course I realize that the "minute" I mentioned DR TESLA...you jumped off your seat ...

You are completely right, no comparison in excellence of SUPER POWER compared to a 555, absolutely agree with you Sir...

I was just citing it, as an example of what our Genius wanted to achieve at larger scales...so the closest and easier example was the 555 ..

Tesla was after a disruptive discharge that no matter its "intensity", has a degree of collapse in it...a FREE FALL to zero point...to no charge, no reversing of currents...to just an "idle time"...a "do nothing" time, even being a nano second of it...agree?

Regards and hope you stick around since I admire your great work on Asymmetrical Transformers from DR TESLA...or...the TESLA COIL...

Warm Regards

UFO
            Thank you

The "disruption" is not through switching the power source on and off, as using a 555 or any other source of "on-off" switch signal. There is no condenser or any kind of "discharge" involved in this so it can't be said to be "disruptive discharge". Notice the condenser arrangements in Tesla's circuits, and the location of the "break" or "circuit controller" in the circuit.

From Colorado Springs Notes, page 43 and 57

US Patent 568,180

Patent US568180 - NIKOLA TESLA - Google Patents

US Patent 609,245

Patent US609245 - NIKOLA TESLA - Google Patents

Tesla
            The arrangement was simply this. I had a number of studs with cups which were insulated, 24 if I recollect rightly. In the interior was a mechanism that lifted the mercury, threw it into these cups, and from these studs there were thus 24 little streamlets of mercury going out. In the meantime, the same motor drove a system with 25 contact points, so that for each revolution I got a product of 24 times 25 impulses, and when I passed these impulses through a primary, and excited with it a secondary, I got in the latter complete waves of that frequency.

Counsel
            What frequency, then, did you get in your secondary?

Tesla
            Oh, I could get in this, 600 per revolution.

Counsel
            You mean 600 trains?

Tesla
            No, 600 waves. Assume then, 600 impulses per revolution and suppose that I rotated it 100 times per second (6,000 RPM); then I would get 600 times 100, or 60,000 primary impulses [per second], and in the secondary a frequency of 60,000 complete cycles. The primary impulses were unidirectional. They came from the direct current source, but in the secondary they were alternating - full waves.
            Nikola Tesla on His Work With Alternating Currents and Their Application to ... - Nikola Tesla - Google Books
            Last edited by dR-Green; 07-21-2012, 03:16 AM.
            http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by zapzap View Post
              You are sure of your knowledge and based on his postings here I suspect he is likewise very sure of what he writes. Both of you write from practical experience. Why not share your great knowledge on these matters without the somewhat dogmatic tone? Explain your information based on your works and if U.P. is full of sh_t and doesn't disclose on his schedule serious material confirming his perspective of some aspects of Tesla technology, we will know it.

Let me pose this, what if he has found a way to do what he describes and discloses it? Will you embrace it? Will you apply it?
              I'm just relaying information There has to be a certain dogma, in the same way that 1+1=2 or the sky is blue, otherwise there will be all kinds of chaos. The dogma has to be following Tesla's guidelines, otherwise it becomes something different, and then it's not Tesla. Therefore through all the universal laws of understanding and definition, the dogma must prevail The lack of dogma is what has led to the thousands of people over youtube supposedly having "Tesla" technology, yet at the same there is supposed to be a coverup, and no one can "quite" figure out or replicate exactly what Tesla was doing. How could that be if all these thousands of people supposedly have Tesla technology? The most likely cause is that they don't have Tesla technology, only something that approximates it. So this is mainly what I'm pointing out, as to prevent a possible wild goose chase for another 100 years. Not that I'm saying that's what will occur from this in particular as opposed to anything else, but in my opinion we need to be aware of the potential of these things happening if we ever want to get to figure it out. For this reason, it has to be black and white.

But to answer your question I would be very happy to see everything claimed be confirmed. In my previous post there is something that isn't a million miles away from UFO's first circuit and I don't know if he's seen that before, but it looks compatible with what he's already been doing so it could get a lot more interesting. As it stands I don't believe the full/proper effect has been utilised to be able to be legitimately called Tesla technology. Out of the Tesla context and in its own right I have no issues with anything and it's in the hands of those who take up the task, I'm busy with other tasks but probably ultimately the same goal
              Last edited by dR-Green; 07-21-2012, 04:02 AM.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• tuning?

Hello dR-Green,

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I see it, but I do like to learn so, please, help me out.

Tesla tuned his systems to keep the overall output flow unidirectional, he used oscillating elements to retain power within tanks using resonance while he moved it into the open parts of the system during the radiant event.

The discharge, being separated by capacitors has to do with the creation of displacement currents which is probably an important point but has so far been demonstrated by UFO to either work satisfactorily without or are there in enough of a form in UFO's systems to be working. It is in my opinion that a capacitor is an open circuit and that the diodes with the alternate discharge path fill this same requirement, along with being simplified form of Tesla's tuned DC pulse output of "electrical currents of high frequency".

best wishes,
                matt
                Last edited by codeboundfuture; 07-21-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                  Thank you

The "disruption" is not through switching the power source on and off, as using a 555 or any other source of "on-off" switch signal. There is no condenser or any kind of "discharge" involved in this so it can't be said to be "disruptive discharge". Notice the condenser arrangements in Tesla's circuits, and the location of the "break" or "circuit controller" in the circuit.

From Colorado Springs Notes, page 43 and 57

US Patent 568,180

Patent US568180 - NIKOLA TESLA - Google Patents

US Patent 609,245

Patent US609245 - NIKOLA TESLA - Google Patents

Nikola Tesla on His Work With Alternating Currents and Their Application to ... - Nikola Tesla - Google Books
                  Thanks Mr dR Green for pointing to these publications about Colorado Springs Notes page 57. This work is of special interest to me since I too have been thinking of employing two capacitors C1 and C1 in my Don Smith type of tesla coil apparatus. However utilization of capacitor Cp is new to me. I will look into this publication. So far, for some two years I have not been able to achieve OVER UNITY. As of present I am also trying to replicate UFO's RADIANT ENERGY CFL apparatus and RADIO-SHACK MOTOR

Comment

• UFO,
                    I can divide the commutator into five sections like yours, or more sections or fewer sections. Let me know what you think is best. I have one spool of #18 wire, but two spools of #20, and I mean the BIG spools, so if #20 will work, I can wrap wire on that thing for days. Just let me know what you think it should be.

The shaft is solid 3/4 inch piece of aluminum rod. What should the rotor look like for this? I know you said it needs no metal, which means to me that it is made entirely of coils of wire, but how do they lay out on the rotor? I will follow your directions on this to the "T" and then we will use it to light up Vegas some night.

I have universal commutators which are a solid piece of hard plastic with a layer of copper laminated to the outside of it. You cut slits in the copper to divide it into however many sections you want. I plan on using those, or finding commutators that will fit on a 3/4 inch shaft and soldering sections together to meet the requirements. Unless of course you have a different suggestion for how to provide power to this setup. I'm all ears!!

Dave
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Hello Again DR Green...

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                      Thank you

TESLA PATENT 685,957 APPARATUS FOR THE UTILIZATION OF RADIANT ENERGY.

In illustration of a particular form of apparatus which may be used in carrying out my discovery I now refer to Fig. 2. In this figure, which in the general arrangement of the elements is identical to Fig. 1, the device d is shown as composed of two very thin conducting-plates t t', placed in close proximity and very mobile, either by reason of extreme flexibility or owing to the character of their support. To improve their action, they should be enclosed in a receptacle, from which the air may be exhausted. The plates t t' are connected in series with a working circuit, including a suitable receiver, which in this case is shown as consisting of an electromagnet M, a movable armature a, a retractile spring b, and a ratchet-wheel w, provided with a spring-pawl r, which is pivoted to armature a, as illustrated. When the radiations of the sun or other radiant source fall upon plate P, a current flows into the condenser, as above explained, until the potential therein rises sufficiently to attract and bring into contact the two plates t t', and thereby close the circuit connected to the two condenser-terminals. This permits a flow of current which energizes the magnet M, causing it to draw down the armature a and impart a partial rotation to the ratchet-wheel w. As the current ceases the armature is retracted by the spring b, without, however, moving the wheel w. With the stoppage of the current the plates t t' cease to be attracted and separate, thus restoring the circuit to its original condition. (Meaning: Opening Circuit)

Fig. 3 shows a modified form of apparatus used in connection with an artificial source of radiant energy, which in this instance may be an arc emitting copiously ultra-violet rays. A suitable reflector may be provided for concentrating and directing the radiations. A magnet R and circuit-controller d are arranged as in the previous figures; but in the present case the former instead of performing itself the whole work only serves the purpose of alternately opening and closing a local circuit, containing a source of current B and a receiving or translating device D. The controller d, if desired, may consist of two fixed electrodes separated by a minute air-gap or weak dielectric film, which breaks down more or less suddenly when a definite difference of potential is reached at the terminals of the condenser and returns to its original state upon the passage of the discharge.

Still another modification is shown in Fig. 4, in which the source S of radiant energy is a special form of Roentgen tube devised by me, having one terminal k, generally of aluminum, in the form of half a sphere, with a plain polished surface on the front side, from which the streams are thrown off. It may be excited by attaching it to one of the terminals of any generator of sufficiently high electromotive force; but whatever apparatus be used it is important that the tube be exhausted to a high degree, as otherwise it might prove entirely ineffective. The working or discharge circuit connected to the terminals T T' of the condenser includes in this case the primary p of a transformer and a circuit-controller comprising a fixed terminal or brush t and a movable terminal t' in the shape of a wheel, with conducting and insulating segments, which may be rotated at an arbitrary speed by any suitable means. In inductive relation to the primary wire or coil p is a secondary s, usually of a much greater number of turns, to the ends of which is connected a receiver R. The terminals of the condenser being connected, as indicated, one to an insulated plate P and the other to a grounded plate P', when the tube S is excited rays or streams of matter are emitted from the same, which convey a positive charge to the plate P and condenser-terminal T, while terminal T' is continuously receiving negative electricity from the plate P'. This, as before explained, results in an accumulation of electrical energy in the condenser, which goes on as long as the circuit including the primary p is interrupted. Whenever the circuit is closed owing to the rotation of the terminal t', the stored energy is discharged through the primary p, this giving rise in the secondary s to induced currents, which operate the receiver R.

DR Green,

DR Tesla had so many Patents...and so many different Claims...And so many different fields...That NONE of US, could establish a "General Term" for only ONE FORM of circuit usage...And in this particular Thread, I am mainly dedicated to "ELECTRODYNAMIC MACHINES", and Your cited Patents, relates to your very well known Static Transformers Circuits...where He does exactly as you claim.
                      However, in above Patent, which is not your cited ones or mines related to Machines, but, directly referring to Radiant Energy, it is very obvious as I have underlined and set in Red Color (for your Eyes Only ) all the stated description(s) where HE DOES specifies Opening and Closing the Circuit...
                      Now, He uses the Cap to get the charge -close, by closing, He either sends it to a Relay, or Interrupted Mechanical Wheel, with conductive and non conductive segments...that when it spins...does exactly the "SWITCHING ON-OFF"...or many other ways...

Regards

UFO
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-21-2012, 04:47 AM.
                      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi dR-Green.

dR-Green: The "disruption" is not through switching the power source on and off, as using a 555 or any other source of "on-off" switch signal. There is no condenser or any kind of "discharge" involved in this so it can't be said to be "disruptive discharge". Notice the condenser arrangements in Tesla's circuits, and the location of the "break" or "circuit controller" in the circuit.
                        I think You are a little bit wrong on this one. Many people have made solid state Tesla coils and they work like the original spark-gaped ones. A discharge is just a sudden flow of current let it be from a capacitor or a very solid current source.
                        What is a bit different is the magnitude of this event in our case with a 555.
                        You say that there is no capacitor? What about a self capacitance of the coil?
                        It is the same LC tank after the spark gap but not adjustable, as in our experiments we do not need a specific frequency of oscillation to light a CFL for example.
                        While using solid state components such as MOSFETS, IGBTs and 555, we can recreate the same conditions at lower power (discharge) level. We just have to take caution not to exceed the brake down specs for the components.

By joinng a bunch of MOSFETs/IGBTs in series/parallel we could easely create a discharge from a 10000V capacitor bank at hundreds of amps with no reverse flow... BTW this is what Ismael Aviso is doing: HV soilid state discharges...

Peace.

kEhYo
                        “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• Hello Turion

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                          UFO,
                          I can divide the commutator into five sections like yours, or more sections or fewer sections. Let me know what you think is best. I have one spool of #18 wire, but two spools of #20, and I mean the BIG spools, so if #20 will work, I can wrap wire on that thing for days. Just let me know what you think it should be.

The shaft is solid 3/4 inch piece of aluminum rod. What should the rotor look like for this? I know you said it needs no metal, which means to me that it is made entirely of coils of wire, but how do they lay out on the rotor? I will follow your directions on this to the "T" and then we will use it to light up Vegas some night.

I have universal commutators which are a solid piece of hard plastic with a layer of copper laminated to the outside of it. You cut slits in the copper to divide it into however many sections you want. I plan on using those, or finding commutators that will fit on a 3/4 inch shaft and soldering sections together to meet the requirements. Unless of course you have a different suggestion for how to provide power to this setup. I'm all ears!!

Dave
                          Hello Turion,

I thought You had an "existing" Armature for this size Stator !...

To make an Armature from scratch, is a big job, my friend...
                          I have not tested the Five Pole with this Stator type...I have done it with the Three Pairs in a 12 pole...where Each Coil in the Pair, seats at 180 degrees from each others...

It should be just like a regular Motor Armature...yes "T" Poles, with long arms extending as close to shaft, BUT not "all the way to shaft," by leaving a center space, so they are strongly hold (to allow more wire) ..but, they must be cut exactly same sizes and "volume", in order to be pretty well balanced...

The wiring is exactly as our Motors...and I would say the best choice of Poles numbers, would be Six or Twelve (I mean -at least- for the kind of huge Stator you are making)...It will allow the Two Triangle Design...or Three Pairs of Coils...and Three Commutator Elements or Segments, spaced evenly at 120 degrees separations...(This is an "Extended Version" of the Three Coils Three Poles I posted here, but extending each Coil into pairs at each side of armature.)

I will choose the 20 gauge, to make Stator Bifilar, as also Armature Coils...since You have 2 big rolls...

Stator and Armature Coils must be wound at same exact direction...

Now, the Second Part is...Do You have an Oscillator to move that "Beast"?

See, You will have to excite that whole thing with at least, 36-48 Volts and like 8-10 Amps...meaning, you will need a very robust ultra-fast switching MOSFET's wall, to do that job...plus an Oscillator that could be regulated at Duty Cycle and Frequency...to go from zero to 99% and from 10 to 20 Hertz to at least One(1) TO 10 Kilohertz...

It is a big sized Model Turion...and Honestly, I know you want to try it and test it, and laugh of success...but it will always be good to try it first, at a smaller scale model ...not trying to disappoint you...but it will give you a better spec to move at larger scale...and honestly, the part that am must concern...is about the Oscillator to move that huge sized Model, and I know you are gonna roll there as much wire as you could...but think...you will need heck of pulsing power to excite it. There is a way of doing it with a "Smaller sized Primary" on top of the Stator, but I have not tried that set up yet.

Regards

UFO
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-21-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                            DR Green,

DR Tesla had so many Patents...and so many different Claims...And so many different fields...That NONE of US, could establish a "General Term" for only ONE FORM of circuit usage...And in this particular Thread, I am mainly dedicated to "ELECTRODYNAMIC MACHINES", and Your cited Patents, relates to your very well known Static Transformers Circuits...where He does exactly as you claim.
                            However, in above Patent, which is not your cited ones or mines related to Machines, but, directly referring to Radiant Energy, it is very obvious as I have underlined and set in Red Color (for your Eyes Only ) all the stated description(s) where HE DOES specifies Opening and Closing the Circuit...
                            Now, He uses the Cap to get the charge -close, by closing, He either sends it to a Relay, or Interrupted Mechanical Wheel, with conductive and non conductive segments...that when it spins...does exactly the "SWITCHING ON-OFF"...or many other ways...

Regards

UFO
                            Ah, now I see how you are relating it. The problem here is that the patent you referenced to is for the utilisation of radiant energy. Now that I see what you are referring to with what you are doing, this is why I think the definition is not quite right. Tesla's patent refers to external sources of radiant energy, and then he is pulsing a coil on the "load" side, which is what you are doing as a standalone activity using a battery as the power supply instead of the "radiant energy receiver" section (IE plate P and the condenser to earth) in the patent. There are no claims made that radiant energy is produced within the system itself, it's an apparatus for utilising what has been captured/received.

The things I referenced apply here still. They are merely methods of producing the appropriate type of currents, IE the type of current that will light an incandescent bulb with one wire to be used as an artificial source of radiant energy as in Fig. 4 in the patent you referred to. The main difference is that in order to produce these currents, the "circuit controller" short circuits across the power supply and involves condenser discharges and oscillations. In the utilisation of this radiant energy, the switch (Fig. 4) is in series and acts as only a switch to close the circuit, apparently allowing the use of a transformer with a non-oscillating current for use in load/receiver R, the text implying that the condenser won't charge infinitely if left there, so it needs to continuously be discharged for the whole cycle to work.

So perhaps with application of the "production" side of Tesla's inventions all this stuff could get a lot more interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                              Ah, now I see how you are relating it. The problem here is that the patent you referenced to is for the utilisation of radiant energy. Now that I see what you are referring to with what you are doing, this is why I think the definition is not quite right. Tesla's patent refers to external sources of radiant energy, and then he is pulsing a coil on the "load" side, which is what you are doing as a standalone activity using a battery as the power supply instead of the "radiant energy receiver" section (IE plate P and the condenser to earth) in the patent. There are no claims made that radiant energy is produced within the system itself, it's an apparatus for utilising what has been captured/received.

The things I referenced apply here still. They are merely methods of producing the appropriate type of currents, IE the type of current that will light an incandescent bulb with one wire to be used as an artificial source of radiant energy as in Fig. 4 in the patent you referred to. The main difference is that in order to produce these currents, the "circuit controller" short circuits across the power supply and involves condenser discharges and oscillations. In the utilisation of this radiant energy, the switch (Fig. 4) is in series and acts as only a switch to close the circuit, apparently allowing the use of a transformer with a non-oscillating current for use in load/receiver R, the text implying that the condenser won't charge infinitely if left there, so it needs to continuously be discharged for the whole cycle to work.

So perhaps with application of the "production" side of Tesla's inventions all this stuff could get a lot more interesting

Ah, Uh!!...

Dr Green...Did You ever care to visit my other Thread?...With Coils being pulsed and getting the output through the Diodes?

Well, here is a completely different issue, yet, where that previous thread also applies ...but, this time referring to Electrodynamics Machines...where the Coils now move (Dynamics) and pulse inside (Armature) and working -as of now- on outside Coils (Stators)...However, same principle applies...

But it is not "directly" related to what you are bringing from Tesla...as I also understand your end, but is different...

Regards

UFO

Comment

• Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
                                A discharge is just a sudden flow of current let it be from a capacitor or a very solid current source.
                                You say that there is no capacitor? What about a self capacitance of the coil?
                                It is the same LC tank after the spark gap but not adjustable, as in our experiments we do not need a specific frequency of oscillation to light a CFL for example.
                                While using solid state components such as MOSFETS, IGBTs and 555, we can recreate the same conditions at lower power (discharge) level. We just have to take caution not to exceed the brake down specs for the components.
                                I think just about all "Tesla coils" can be excluded here because all they are good for in their well-known state is to produce lightning bolts and light fluorescent tubes without wires within a metre or two of the coil. They show none of the more interesting effects that Tesla claimed.

A disruptive discharge is not a discharge.

If you don't need condensers, and you don't need a specific frequency, and you don't need disruptive discharges, and you basically don't need ANY of the conditions that Tesla laid out as being absolutely essential and strictly followed in order to produce the effects as he had claimed, then how can you claim it has anything to do with Tesla? Herein lies the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X