Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winds

Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
    I believe this could be incorrect way to wind. Same direction = turning same direction on to stator pole. Someone else mentioned exactly what you describe and I think that's wrong because to do it that way you are changing the direction you wind the wire onto the stator pole. I could be confused though, need UFO to verify.

Hello,

All Coil in the Pair are wound just like being One Straight Coil, now, when you have to "continue" your coil (after first wound one) into the second one, you must look at previous direction you were winding in the first, and no matter how it is disposed in those poles to wind in, you have to Keep the Same direction.
    Imagine you "break", separate, One straight coil in Two Parts...Second part would be the bottom of coil, and insert that part in the other poles. Setting in order that second part separated , its bottom faces outwards to Stators as the First one you did.

Cheers

UFO
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Quick Video

Everyone or anyone interested in the small 5 pole output.

I said I would post a video, so here is a short one.
      I have not seen what you have wrote, UFO, since part 1, so
      please be understanding if I have missed anything. I am only doing
      what I am able to do time wise. I will read the days posts tonight when I have time.

This small motor was a fast build. Not very well balanced, but I can
      see potential for the motor if done properly.

Disclaimer....
      IMHO these motors will work better at a higher RPM.
      It is getting warm because the ON time(power to coils is to long).
      Pulses will help when we get that far. (but one step at a time, right).
      And maybe does not need so much voltage..
      This has been my own observations..or MHO..NOT to be used as fact...

Five pole - YouTube

Mark

Comment

• It really don't matter...

Originally posted by bbem View Post
        @UFO,
        When winding the 12-pole rotor, and holding it like a can of beer (yeah! ), how to wind the North and South coils?
        (I wound it CW and CCW respectively)

Regards,
        Bert
        Everything is "relative" Dear Bert,

The main part to keep in mind here is to wind them all in the same exact ways, related to connections and directions...I start winding Positive Comm Top, my first Coil starts CW, putting my watch in the Outward Face of Armature Pole...Next one should be wound in the same direction, but, if it goes, lets say right next poles arrangement to the one you have started...then it would be CCW related to my watch position to Poles outer face...
        Now if Pairs are Coils set Face to Face like the 12P 2S...It is just a continuance of first, straight through, however, if you turn the whole rotor embodiment, and look at it straight (2nd coil) it will show differently...

Regards

UFO
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi Ufo,

Just wondering, it sounds like the best set up for this motor so far is with a stator with no steel lamination's.
          What if the rotor was built with no steel lamination's also would this be better or worse.

Thanks
          netica

Comment

• Good Video

Originally posted by Rl2003 View Post
            Everyone or anyone interested in the small 5 pole output.

I said I would post a video, so here is a short one.
            I have not seen what you have wrote, UFO, since part 1, so
            please be understanding if I have missed anything. I am only doing
            what I am able to do time wise. I will read the days posts tonight when I have time.

This small motor was a fast build. Not very well balanced, but I can
            see potential for the motor if done properly.

Disclaimer....
            IMHO these motors will work better at a higher RPM.
            It is getting warm because the ON time(power to coils is to long).
            Pulses will help when we get that far. (but one step at a time, right).
            And maybe does not need so much voltage..
            This has been my own observations..or MHO..NOT to be used as fact...

Five pole - YouTube

Mark

Hello Mark, great work!!

It is very noticeable the RPM's sound versus the non modified Motor...going way slower..
            It is also noticeable that Torque, and High RPM's are blended and obtained BOTH, in this type Motors...

I am sorry to tell the "Skeptics"...But BEFORE this Two Parameters could NOT be obtained at same time of performance, if you guys disagree, then go back and re-study Symmetrical Motors.

Thanks Mark, the top adjustment could be done by setting the Timing at Brushes positioning moving both a bit CW or CCW...testing for better time settings.

And as you have said, this Motors perform MUCH better by pulsing them in a controlled fashion, realize you guys so far are feeding them linear...top blast speed...is ok, but they render better performance under square pulses at input...

Try adding a Load to it, and re test it...However, you could adjust timing and get more out of it...

Another way to check for good connections is to feed them from both sides...they should run either way..

The other fact on this Motors, is to add same Source feeding to both Input and Output...RPM's should increase even more... just for testing it...Now this will render in further Electronic controlling the fact to ontain a faster speed "turbo" at Drive Modes, not to be used at all times though...Not in this modifications.

Regards

UFO

Comment

• It Could But...

Originally posted by Netica View Post
              Hi Ufo,

Just wondering, it sounds like the best set up for this motor so far is with a stator with no steel lamination's.
              What if the rotor was built with no steel lamination's also would this be better or worse.

Thanks
              netica
              Hello Netica,

They could be done in non steel...but then we will not have the Inertia Weight Mass forces on our side then Netica...
              However in the Stator yes, it is better...

Regards

UFO

Comment

• Linear Diagram Of Interactions

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• The Spyro Of Life...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Proof at this stage

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                    Oh, please do not discuss proof or not! It is worse than the question what was first: egg or chicken? Of course it is important but one after another please! I'd like to explain:

Any discovery began by playing and applying logic thoughts first. Any proof can be done only on a setup done before. Did Tesla had any proof before he built his setups? NO!! He just built in order to test his ideas out!

So let's agree for the following notions:
                    • Proofs are important - of course
                    • Proofs can be done on a setup only
                    • Setups need to be built before.
                    • There is a great natural uncertainity inbetween building a setup and devising measurements.
                    • Setups may fail to prove - that does not mean automatically a disprove.
                    • Building setups is voluntary on own risc and everybody pays his party himself.
                    • Everybody is aked to perform reviews regularly in order to decide for continuation or termination.
                    • Everybody is asked to demonstrate his setup conforming his possibilities.
                    • The best proof is if independent replications are demonstrated.

There is a big dead lock in our scientific landscape by asking at any given time for mandatory proofs first. Of course this is important (especially for those paying the party) but there is an intermediate time where proofs need to be grown up.
                    It is like asking constantly for adult workers while not accepting that they begin their life at conception time while sitting in a completely different realm not being enabled to do any work. Life is highly unscientific!
                    Spot on JohnStone, 100% correct.
                    Dana
                    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Asymmetrical Brushless Outrunner

Hello ALL,

Now here is the Brush Less Version switching mechanically by mirror reflecting IR Emitter-Receiver closing circuit.
                      Here the Stator Magnets is the Rotating Bell, and the Poles are Static, so watch carefully, as it tends to confusion...

I have set a rough "Booster" circuit to give you the idea of the electronics briefly...

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards to All

UFO

Comment

• Dad Hav, erfinder, farmhand, & barbosi

Originally posted by DadHav View Post
                        I'm probably asking for it again by just saying what I did, John
                        Dad Hav,

So why say it!

You knowingly keep pushing buttons.

You along with erfinder, farmhand, & barbosi should go create your own thread if you want to discuss what UfoPolitics is doing. Those that would be interested in following would know where to look.

IndianaBoys

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

The main part to keep in mind here is to wind them all in the same exact ways, related to connections and directions...I start winding Positive Comm Top, my first Coil starts CW, putting my watch in the Outward Face of Armature Pole...Next one should be wound in the same direction, but, if it goes, lets say right next poles arrangement to the one you have started...then it would be CCW related to my watch position to Poles outer face...
                          Now if Pairs are Coils set Face to Face like the 12P 2S...It is just a continuance of first, straight through, however, if you turn the whole rotor embodiment, and look at it straight (2nd coil) it will show differently...

Regards

UFO
                          Thanks UFO
                          English is my fourth language, so bare with me.

As I understand it now, I wound it correctly.
                          It's like bending a coil (or ballpen spring) a bit in the middle and the two spring ends end up at the upper and lower commutator poles respecively.
                          (The core of the spring are the fins of the rotor)
                          Got it!

Bert

Comment

• Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
                            Yes from my perspective it is the correct way to wind it as on video by Woopy.
                            I did it like that and it works. but I had to adjust the angle of the brushes on both sides as well. adding extra magnets autside the case seem to help a bit too with lower amp draw.
                            Now, the way I understand this is that if you use a much thicker wire then the original gauge the amp draw will be higher as the resistance goes down. The rotor will spin faster then obviously but this speed up creates a lot more heat.
                            Those little motors can't handle that much of increase with their slip ring bearings

kEhYo
                            Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                            Hello,

All Coil in the Pair are wound just like being One Straight Coil, now, when you have to "continue" your coil (after first wound one) into the second one, you must look at previous direction you were winding in the first, and no matter how it is disposed in those poles to wind in, you have to Keep the Same direction.
                            Imagine you "break", separate, One straight coil in Two Parts...Second part would be the bottom of coil, and insert that part in the other poles. Setting in order that second part separated , its bottom faces outwards to Stators as the First one you did.

Cheers

UFO
                            Does this look right? (Just to illustrate winding directions only)

Sorry my rendering skills on not on a par with yours UFO
                            Attached Files

Comment

• @UFO,
                              thanks so much for showing the pictures, and your explanations. I can see it so clearly now. the pictures really help me understand better. nice one

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

Regards

UFO
                                Would it be different for the three pole version since there are only three poles?

Comment

Working...
                                X