My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
    I think he turns the rotor over so if you are looking at the face of it from the side he starts CW but after he goes to the other side of the shaft he is actually winding CCW when looking at it from the face. I may be confused and need to look again but I took it that one side of V was CW and one CCW. Based on post #93 on page 4 that seems to match although he talks of right and left winding which I believe is the same as CW and CCW. Maybe John_g can comment on that. As I said I'm not at the point where I've tried to fully get this part in my head but just looking at it so far that's how I see it.
    I've watched it a few times now, and when he turns the rota around he also switched the direction, which means both sides are CW (90% sure ). Maybe he never did it like this in the actual motor he used, or maybe this is the correct way to do it.

Don't worry woopy, I'm not saying you're wrong just needing clarification Either way, thanks for taking the time to do the video!

Comment

• slightly off topic - Unseen Forces

We all know of the Aether and the unseen forces Tesla and so many have worked with. I think there are other unseen forces and perhaps some are at play in this thread. Ask any cop in a big city how domestic violence goes up when there is a full moon (even if totally clouded over and not seen). Full moons seem to cause agitation in people. But there are other things both natural and man made that can cause this also. Solar flares are another one. We recently had a huge X-class solar flare (the biggest kind). I believe there are also some ultra wealthy (think energy cartels) who have the technology that can create these type of unseen forces which will effect people. I have some knowledge of this technology and while I don't know if that is being used here it would certainly fit with what I've observed recently.

Skywatcher has some excellent thoughts and I'm betting he has studied or been exposed to some of the things I have studied. I think it will help if we can remember there is a place for ego but in this forum in this place it is not needed and will only stifle progress. A couple other thoughts to ponder:

All anger is rooted in fear. However it is through the passion of your life that you push the density back.

The minute you are grateful for any problem it dissolves like mist in the morning Sun.

Power is not about wasting energy trying to control circumstances and others but about living fearlessly.

The River of Life flows through your day and your only responsibility is to flow with it. Pain comes when we resist life.

We get two things in life: Gifts or Lessons. When you raise your perspective higher you will realize that they are both the same.

There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• @Wonza: I've watched it a few times now, and when he turns the rota around he also switched the direction, which means both sides are CW (90% sure )
        Yes from my perspective it is the correct way to wind it as on video by Woopy.
        I did it like that and it works. but I had to adjust the angle of the brushes on both sides as well. adding extra magnets autside the case seem to help a bit too with lower amp draw.
        Now, the way I understand this is that if you use a much thicker wire then the original gauge the amp draw will be higher as the resistance goes down. The rotor will spin faster then obviously but this speed up creates a lot more heat.
        Those little motors can't handle that much of increase with their slip ring bearings

kEhYo
        “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• i'm *holding thumbs* that we get to see that amazing coil with the diodes Ufopolitics posted a couple of pages back in action some day....that thing looked like serious fun
          it looked like a straight coil with a hole poked in the middle and then specially shaped to make a totally new style pulsed stator.
          my bet is it will show what everyone is forgetting here...and that is the clearly visible rotational force in the centre of a coil that was displyed by the little flashing ufo in one of the earliest videos...and then even more fantastic things too no doubt ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
            Yes from my perspective it is the correct way to wind it as on video by Woopy.
            I did it like that and it works. but I had to adjust the angle of the brushes on both sides as well. adding extra magnets autside the case seem to help a bit too with lower amp draw.
            Now, the way I understand this is that if you use a much thicker wire then the original gauge the amp draw will be higher as the resistance goes down. The rotor will spin faster then obviously but this speed up creates a lot more heat.
            Those little motors can't handle that much of increase with their slip ring bearings

kEhYo
            So with both sides CW, not one CW and the other CCW?

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
              Hi Ewizard

Yes i did this video , and hope this is correct.

Perhaps Ufopolitics can check it.

My 5 pole motor at the beginning shows also very poor torque and high amp draw, Than i have grinded the flange side (brush holder ) so i can rotate them all arround 360degre and i can tune the position of the brushes in relation with the magnet. Of course both flange must be aligned. And than my amp draw goes down dramatically and the torque increases a lot.

Just for example with my 3 polar motor. i have to offset the brushes 90 degree from the original motor to get it spinning. And now it spins very well with strong torque (not measured totally subjectiv )
              Just for info, the 3 polar is really easy to wind and works great. But of course with the friction of the 4 brushes , the shaft has a lot of friction. And i think these small and low quality motors are good starting experiment, but they stop there.

I think i will look for a much bigger 3 polar if any idea??

hope this helps

good luck at all

Laurent
              Thanks for the reminder woopy on having a setup so you can rotate the brush holder. As UFO said and you showed this can be a very important point in 'tuning' the motor for lowest current draw and best torque. I'm wondering now if Turion had done any tuning before he smoked his motor.

Turion? Maybe in the rush to get some hard data (and I thank you for keeping that focus) you didn't try any tuning? That is likely a key in this build.
              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                Thats a nice motor where did you get that? I'll search around for it.

Matt
                It's a Parvex motor (French), but I can't seem to find any data on the RX112.

Could find a RX120:
                Parvex RX120L-R1101 - DC Servo-Motor and Tacho - Parvex Parts

Made by Parvex (Axem) and sold under many other names including nameplates marked:- BBC (Brown Boveri Company), ABB, ASEA, GEC Alsthom, CEM, Kollmorgan, Mattke and Alstom.
                There is a site where you can buy all kinds of parts and complete motors:
                DC Motors filtered by Product Brand: Parker SSD Parvex

Here are the data sheets on the site of the manufacturer:
                Parvex : download

There's also some pdf here:
                http://www.kc-co.com/Rx.pdf
                Last edited by lamare; 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Lamare,

As you said, I needed to tune my motor more accurately. I would definitely agree with that. I just snapped it back together and did not rotate the brushes into a different alignment with the magnets as UFO instructed. I ALSO did NOT have it wired correctly according to the diagram UFO posted where he connects output back to input. I did NOT get to these steps. I was just seeing how it ran with two wires connected to it like a standard motor. I was only at the very BEGINNING of my testing, and I still am. I have two motors rewired now and am in the process of rewinding my burnt up one, so I will have three motors to destroy during testing. The epoxy is drying, so hopefully later today I can post some more data. I still have several motors in packages because I bought all the three radio shack stores within easy driving range had for sale.

Dave
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                  —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Hi, i just want to thank you ufopolitics
                    The bigger the motor the better.. isn't it so?
                    And i was thinking about Ismael Aviso's motor. Because his motor does also not produce any sparking on brushes, maybe this motor is wired asymmetrically too?
                    Keep up the good work

Ismael aviso eletric car feb 11 2011 phenomena - YouTube

Comment

• I just snapped it back together and did not rotate the brushes into a different alignment with the magnets as UFO instructed.
                      Guys, I can't remember where I read it, but were the magnets supposed to be 90 degrees out of phase with the brushes? I've correctly wired a 3 pole motor, but no-starter (very cheap toy brushes), so I took a couple of nice 3 pole mtrs with good brushes to build a better one. Should I be setting the magnets 90 degrees out of phase with brushes?
                      Thanks for any help.
                      Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                        Guys, I can't remember where I read it, but were the magnets supposed to be 90 degrees out of phase with the brushes? I've correctly wired a 3 pole motor, but no-starter (very cheap toy brushes), so I took a couple of nice 3 pole mtrs with good brushes to build a better one. Should I be setting the magnets 90 degrees out of phase with brushes?
                        Thanks for any help.
                        Bob
                        Correct, brushes line up with gap between magnets.

Comment

• Hi Seth

totally agree with you

that video was really amazing and i will deeply thinking of a replication

Yoouup a lot of read and reread and get time to digest

but so interesting

bravo at all

laurent

Comment

• Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
                            Correct, brushes line up with gap between magnets.
                            Yep, that is also what the images say:

Comment

• Turion

You said "The problem is, NOBODY has showed a single example of the standard motor doing work vs the modified motor doing work so that there can be a comparison. NOT UFO, not any of those with "successful replications" such as yourself." Now, I do not think that most people here realized that UFO chose this motor as only for a teaching model and because it was cheap. What if he chose a 300.00 model times two, thats six hundred dollars and with all the learning problems shown here, do you think that would have been a good choice. That motor was chosen to be a throw away and was never built the be a torque machine capable of humdreds of volts. The lack of bearings and poor quality parts including brushes, precluded it from giving anyone real test data in a reliable basis. It was to teach tech. and nothing more. You have learned the tech.,seen the RPM and felt the torque here as well as on UFO's video , now do real testing on a real motor with quality bearings, a heavy shaft and you will have your numbers. However this is not even the end of the line. We must get rid of that steel case and magmets. I would do some tests if I could get enough of the same type to be quality testing, but RS is sold out in every country and the other motors I built from Dewalt do not match in size at all. I do not feel as though I need to build more of this size as I am convinced that the torque will prove out. I am now looking for a much larger motor of quality and parts available to build and then go on to UFO's last picture. I am also not thru with making the best PWM I can yet. I can pulse 400 volts now but will not stop working on one thing untill I get it bullet proof. Many here have left there circuits unready for the kind of amps to feed these motors, jumping from one thing to another and I just cant see that as learning as complete. I am not being smart to you, all I am saying is I have build a number of these small motors as it was a fast thing to do and will finish what I started befor moving on. When I get to that point I will finish the motors. Many forget that UFO has taken many years to develope this tech and it takes more than a vew months to learn it and then more months to understand it.
                              Dana
                              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                                You and I have had a run in before and I swore not to post anything where you could see it again. But the temptation to prove to you that you did not read all of UFO's posts leads me to take this time and prove it. You will find on page 4, post 93 your answer. Yes I have come a long way since we posted in the past. But that growth was not do to Bedini or you, it was all due to UFO. I have many working motors of this new winding and I can tell you this, I do not care about an amp here or there as these motors will provide the means for so many more amps on the back end that talking about amps now is stupid. It is the torque as work that is the differance and if you can not accept that then god help you.
                                Dana
                                I guess we're gonna have another run in:
                                Dana, I don't think I said anything here to you or about you unless it was to try and help. If I did something to you personally on this thread I wouldn't mind knowing what it is. If you are offering an opinion you could have done it in a way where it wasn't so obvious that you have a hatred toward me. It just so happens that many people here share my opinion about load testing and amp draw. I mean this in a polite way but tell us what you are looking for on this build that doing work with the motor isn't important. I think it is. UFO himself shows how powerful the motors are but I haven't obtained those results yet. I just read your comment and I never said anything to you about coming a long way. Are you sure you don't have a case of mistaken post identity? If I attacked you personally here on this thread show me where that is. I will owe you an apology because that would be the last thing I would want to do after the last forum. I haven't been back there since your similar post on that forum. Tell me, has anyone there charged 4 batteries for 1 or made a self runner yet. If not then I think my pressing comments where not that far out of line. I'll stick by my comments here as well even though they came out rude and disrespectful to UFO. I tried to sooth things over as best I could with UFO but with you I think I have to just give up. If you need this forum for yourself I'll leave just like I did on the other one just because of you. I just looked at the reference page and post you mention. You could have done it without making an insult of it. I wonder if anyone here ever missed a certain post here or there on a fast moving thread like this.
                                Dana believe me you lead with your chin coming at me for something in the past but I'll leave it here. I can't handle a buildup of what has already started to multiply from one forum to another.
                                J

Comment

Working...
                                X