Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufo

o.k I think I understand what you are saying -

1/ That when the respective motor coil leaves the contact of brush it is charged like a capacitor and then discharges at the delivery side 180 degrees apart.
    Wouldn't the speed of the rotor be of importance? because the coil would only hold that charge for a certain amount of time, the faster the better to get as much charge to delivery brushes as quick as possible.

2/ I thought that the brushes 180 degrees apart were the pick up for independently generated energy (coil passing magnets type energy) as motoring coils were powering independently of the generating side. This is then quite wrong.

Now is there at all a combination of 1/ charged coil delivery, and 2/ coil passing magnets generating energy, at output?

thanks netica

Comment

• 7-pole motor

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Hello My friend...

<stuff deleted>
      ..so the other thing I need is to shut a pic from above with stators positioning and armature (no upper cap) (to see how many poles are involved per pole)...

The thing with this Asymm motors is that Coils at Motor-Gen can not be facing each others at 180 degrees...or will cancel electrical flow...because of opposed Magnetic Fields...

Thanks

Regards

Ufo
      Hello Ufo

This is the picture you asked for.
      I should have taken a picture up front, before ripping it, sorry

But do me a favor, stay healthy and take decent sleep/food regularly.

Regards
      Bert
      Attached Files

Comment

• UFO could you please measure the input/output amps?
        I hope you know P = U * I

And if it is producing more output power you could make a selfrunner, but limit the output so the motor does not self accelerate to destruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Oh!, I have a great present here for you all to have lots of fun with...Well "presents for some...and kind of "Head Aches" for some Classic Symmetrical Physics "Experts"...

[IMG][/IMG]

Now if you take a closer look at this Model above...It should not run...right?...well, notice they are Two Poles "supposed" to be North (N2-N3) While N-1 is being fired...Therefore N3 should be attracted towards center of South (Red) Stator...opposing rotation...and N2 is been repelled by North Stator, ALSO "supposed" to "Counter Effect Rotation...??!!

So... it should not turn Right Lamar?...However, it DOES!...and AWESOME!!

Now, why do you think that Happens Lamar?...If "supposedly" this Coils-Inductors "never" change their polarity??!!...
          I'm a little confused. Here you ask me how I think it is supposed to work, and a few posts below you say you don't want discussions on the theory.

So, if you like me to shut up, please say so directly and I will. I do not want to bother anyone, I just want to help and share what I know. And yes, I do not experiment very much, but this one I definitely want to build. I think this is very powerfull technology, because it appears to work and can be replicated for just a few bucks.

All right. What you are looking at in this picture is that N2 and N3 are not activated from the battery. Therefore, their polarity is being determined by the permanent magnet. In other words: N2 is S (induced by the N of the PM) and N3 is N (induced by the S of the PM).

In the current position of the rotor, in the case there would be no current flowing trough the N1 coil, N1 would be neutral in the centre, while you would have an S at the left (induced by the N of the PM at the left) and a N at the right (induced by the S of the PM at the right). In that case, most of the magnetic fieldlines would go trough N2 and N3, and some trough the top of N1.

The firing of N1 makes it a N, which is attracked by the S of the PM, and the closer it gets to the magnet, the stronger the N becomes, because the PM amplifies the pole already induced by the coil, because iron is being attracted by a magnet, by which process the iron gets magnetized by the PM by magnetic induction.

That is all the pretty much like with a normal motor.

Now I realize that the big difference is that N2 and N3 are also connected to a brush on the commutator, most notably during that part of the cycle where the pole moves in/out of the PM, causing a collapsing or building of a magnetic field in the core within the coil, which normally induces a high voltage in the coil, which gives a spark in normal motors.

And THAT is the problem with a normal motor, a problem that has been overlooked by everyone.

You see, the problem with a sparking coil is that you get very powerful phenomena taking place, which Steinmetz called "transients" about which he wrote a whole book:
          Theory and calculation of transient electric phenomena and oscillations : Steinmetz, Charles Proteus, 1865-1923 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

And you only need to look at Edwin Gray's motor, which somehow harnassed these powerful transients by discharging a HV cap trough a spark gap into his coils, to realize that unwanted/uncontrolled sparks are a big headache in motors with coils. They generate much more powerfull (negative) effects than is being realized.

Now because your coils are connected to your generator brushes during that part of the cycle where the pole moves out of reach of the PM, you don't get these sparks and thus do not get these very powerfull transients that ruin the party in normally wired motors.

If this is correct, then I would say that you will not be able to have the motor power itself just by using the generator windings to re-charge your batteries. BUT you have all the torque on the shaft which you can use almost for free, so if you connect a separate generator to the shaft, you may very well be able to create a self-runner.
          Last edited by lamare; 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: rescue img

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
            If this is correct, then I would say that you will not be able to have the motor power itself just by using the generator windings to re-charge your batteries.
            Why not?

Comment

@Mathew Jones: This is it Matt, sorry I did not had the CAD at the time you posted your question, and no, it is not like the connections you have shown before...
              Regards
              Ufopolitics
              Thanks but. I'll give her a try.

Matt

Comment

• Distributor

Hi All
                One thing that UFO mentioned and did not have time to talk about much is why some motors will not start up every time on there own. He mentioned that you must adjust the distributor. What that means is to loosen one end cap of motor and turn it a little to offset brush contact enough to self start. There is quite a range of adjustment available there. Sorry UFO. I did not mean to step on your feet here, just fill in some of the gaps.
                Dana
                "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Lamare?

F*** it, I'll say it:

Lamare, I've read your stuff before, at dollards thread, etc. I thought you were a really smart guy, but the above posts were pathetic.
                  After those posts, I'll never waste my time reading your posts again.

I got a poem for you, lamare

The witch is cool, and your a tool,
                  UFO don't need your help,
                  to make this viral, FOOL.

Such arrogance. Ufo was doing doing just fine before you came along. Now you sound like one of them there, parrots, that dollard speaks about.

You need your head longitudinally moon-bounced.

If you want to waste another half of page responding or talking about what you think about the vortex, god, religion, or the crown go ahead(man, I hope not) , but I'm gonna build me some motors.
                  Please don't take offense lamare, I'm just saying.

Start your own thread, on your theory, this is the UFO channel.

Thug

UFO,

I love your creativity UFO, it's why were here , YOUR AN ARTIIIIIST, Even your avatar is, so original. It seems to me, that lamare, is trying to pull yo chain, and distract you.
                  It's been 130 years, lets stop wasting time with lamare and the rest of the liliputians, they want to talk and not build.

I see you managed to shut up the farmhand!

Lamare who?

Comment

Larry...it is obvious you have not seen my videos...

20090823162839 - YouTube

20090823173537 - YouTube

You and anyone out there...Prove me wrong, debunk, or explain my Motors Generators...then I will listen...Ok??

That IS ALL I have to say...Ok?

Thanks

Ufopolitics
                    UFO
                    OK, but remember you invited me to.
                    Your Bosh motor (750W = 1hp before modification) probably has a no load current draw of about 1 Amp.
                    Your battery (a lipo... a very wonderful battery) first off is not the smallest made for RC models... you can get 3s lipos in 400mAh size. That aside... the one you used in the demo is a 1350mAh battery which can also be written as 1.3 amp hour (meaning the battery can provide 1.3 Amps for 1 hour). All of this means is that your battery is fully capable of powering that motor at no load for 1 hour (with out any modifications to the motor). In fact there are RC motors that are of 4hp to 5hp range that your little battery will power for a half hour or more at no load. So what is your demo videos showing is the advantage of your modification? I wanted this to be more much more than anyone else here did.

Sorry
                    Larry
                    Last edited by larryross; 07-14-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• John_g's Replication

Hi All

I have uploaded a video of my replication motor showing it working. I've mounted it on a base just to make it easier to work with.

pic:

Video:

John_G's Asymmetric Motor Replication - YouTube

Thanks to all

Regards

John
                      Last edited by john_g; 07-14-2012, 02:56 PM. Reason: worked out how to post picture direct!

Comment

• one commutator

Just a quick thought. I describe it as a though experiment (as if I actually performed it) because that is how I 'see' it.

With just one motor at hand, can I connect the wires with just one commutator?

Suppose the wire starts 'as usual' but it ends with 2 diodes on the opposite poles (on the same commutator).

Example, the commutator has 5 poles, p1, p2, p3, p4 and p5.
                        I connect the wire to p1, start doing 25 rounds, flip over to the second part of the V shape and end with 2 diodes (forwarding the +, so the current runs from plus to minus) at poles 3 and 4.
                        And now I repeat all steps:
                        connect a wire to p2, wound it twice 25 times, and end with a diode to p4 and p5.
                        connect a wire to p3, wound it twice 25 times, and end with a diode to p5 and p1.
                        connect a wire to p4, wound it twice 25 times, and end with a diode to p1 and p2.
                        connect a wire to p5, wound it twice 25 times, and end with a diode to p2 and p3.

I am using 2 diodes, so that I am not actually connecting 2 poles, short circuiting them.

Also note that the last winding is actually half a winding more (or less), we need to end up on the side of the commutator again.

I am not much of a builder, really not. But the theory -for as far as I grabbed it- makes me think I have a way of creating a motor with only one at hand. No need to say we loose the option of the generation side, but then again, I have no idea if that is a win or a loose situation.

idea 2: could we use the anti-Lenz law (or what ever it is called) and add very thin wire on top of the other wires (shorted out) to gain more speed at no cost? (perhaps another thread for this question would be better, on the other hand maybe the idea is good enough for someone to try). No need to say this would only work on high RPM motors. Perhaps adding this as a feature might have us end up in an O.U. situation (not the main goal, because efficiency is the main goal of this thread I guess).

Deslo.

Comment

• Hello Netica

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                          Ufo

o.k I think I understand what you are saying -

1/ That when the respective motor coil leaves the contact of brush it is charged like a capacitor and then discharges at the delivery side 180 degrees apart.
                          Wouldn't the speed of the rotor be of importance? because the coil would only hold that charge for a certain amount of time, the faster the better to get as much charge to delivery brushes as quick as possible.

2/ I thought that the brushes 180 degrees apart were the pick up for independently generated energy (coil passing magnets type energy) as motoring coils were powering independently of the generating side. This is then quite wrong.

Now is there at all a combination of 1/ charged coil delivery, and 2/ coil passing magnets generating energy, at output?

thanks netica
                          Hello Netica,

It seems you have not watched my Asymmetry Vid...Could you watch it please?...then come back here...just go directly to 10:40 of Video to see it "at work"

ASYMMETRY TO ENLIGHTENMENT - YouTube

Thanks

Ufopolitics
                          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by john_g View Post
                            Hi All

I have uploaded a video of my replication motor showing it working. I've mounted it on a base just to make it easier to work with.

pic:

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...ic-mounted.jpg

Video:

John_G's Asymmetric Motor Replication - YouTube

Thanks to all

Regards

John
                            John did you get baseline reading on the motor before it was rewound?

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                              John did you get baseline reading on the motor before it was rewound?

Matt
                              Hi Matt

No I didn't, I believe they pull about 2 amps normally.

I did have 2 more on order, but they have run out and have no date for the new stocks arriving.

Regards

John

Comment

• Thanks Dana!!

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                                Hi All
                                One thing that UFO mentioned and did not have time to talk about much is why some motors will not start up every time on there own. He mentioned that you must adjust the distributor. What that means is to loosen one end cap of motor and turn it a little to offset brush contact enough to self start. There is quite a range of adjustment available there. Sorry UFO. I did not mean to step on your feet here, just fill in some of the gaps.
                                Dana
                                Hello My Dear Friend Dana!!

You will never step on here, you will always be very welcome to say-write whatever you please...much thanks!

How is Bob doing?...send my regards please

That is EXACTLY what I meant Dana, thanks for refreshing it, The Brushes Housings are the "Distributor Shaft" for this Machines...(as also for Symmetrical), but they have to be moved both housings after making sure they are aligned in a perfect line between them.

As You move the Brushes Virtual Plane of alignment, in relation to the Stators Virtual Center Magnetic Plane, the Machine could stall to get the perfect "Timing" set running very smooth, this will also enhance the overall performance of Electrical Flow.

This I call the "Adjustment of the Interaction Angles", and here you could also set the rotation sense,if you pass the Magnetic Field Center plane to "the other side", without reversing the Voltage Input...that of course, if the Machine Structure-Design will allow it...

I have built "[" Brackets , like a "Bridge" over the Static Embodiments, attached to Upper-Lower Brush Housings to move both at same time and do this Adjustments...is awesome.

Many thanks for your Input here Dana, You are a very "positive" thinking person, I know you will build this machines very well.

Warm regards friend

Ufopolitics
                                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X