X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry...watch Me...

Originally posted by larryross View Post
    UFO

Your theory on the coil reversing polarity is a simple thing to check out. Take one of the many coils you have with an air core and attach a magnet to the end of a wooden rod so that the poll that attracts to the coil when the coil is powered on is facing the coil. Now when you turn the coil on the magnet and the rod will be pulled into the coil (opposite magnetic fields attract). Then if the polarity changes when you turn the coil off it should try to move the magnet and rod out of the coil (now like magnetic fields fields repel), but it won't... it will just drop. I guess I could put up a video to demonstrate it.

Also see this site for the explanation of both inductive spike and back EMF.

That's all I have to say.

What is the formula for transient spike computation in an inductive load

Good By
    Larry

Larry...it is obvious you have not seen my videos...

20090823162839 - YouTube

20090823173537 - YouTube

You and anyone out there...Prove me wrong, debunk, or explain my Motors Generators...then I will listen...Ok??

That IS ALL I have to say...Ok?

Thanks

Ufopolitics
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• UFOPolitics,

Thanks for all the work you are putting to make it easier for others to replicate!

Have my motors and will get started later today.

Not sure if you saw my other post but it was asking you to name your new baby (the RadioShack 5 pole version)?

IndianaBoys

Comment

• 7-pole motor

@Ufo
        Just to be sure and safe me rewiring labor:
        Guess I can use the same wiring instruction of the 5-pole motor for my pole 7-motors, and just add two extra coil-pairs.
        Or do I need another wiring instruction?

Bert

Comment

• Hello To All!!

This is what am going to say here...

I have been exposing my Work here,...and I admit, as you could see in some later videos...I do not have a good calmed, cool temper at all times...but an ITALIAN mixed with Spanish one, that is not good at all, I know!!..so I please ask you guys something...

This Thread is for my work exposure, and discussion, NOT to argue about Theories I have learned for a long time...therefore, I consider an insult to my Intelligence...for anyone trying to "refresh" old knowledge...Ok?

Let me remind you, that I also have access to Internet (as you can see me here), but also, to MUCH MORE Clever and Complicated "stuff"...than searching "Wikipedia" or "Google" or Yahoo...

So, May I ask, please, that before you direct to ME, with some kind of "opinion" or "Critic" or trying to tell me anything on "How it really Works Deals" crap...You do the following...

Please, review My QUALITY of Work here in its ENTIRETY, Watch My Quality of Videos on YouTube, please, WATCH MY MODELS AND LAB TESTINGS...My CAD Diagrams...and then keep watching some more...

But Please, I DID NOT came here to argue about "Physics" or Magnetism...or to learn about Inductors behavior, or the way magnets or motors and generators workkkkk????!!!!!

SO, All of you that come here, with that attitude and intentions "IN MIND"...This is what I want you to do... go ahead, and after you watch my prototypes, my videos, read my threads basic posts, etc, etc...Then go and CHECK OUT, all other Members WHO ARE DOING EXACTLY, WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE HERE...TO REPLICATE MY WORK, TEST IT AND COME BACK TO POST RESULTS!!

Then I want you to DEBUNK it with ALL your links, with all your theories, with all your knowledge learned...and tell me...what you think...and explain, explain, explain...OR ADMIT, that THEY F*** WORK!!!

OK??

So I could really care less...How many keep posting the "How it Works" BS...I will just ignore you...

I really do not appreciate that!!
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi folks.
            Hi ufoP., ok I was just examining the standard 3 pole motor compared to how how yours is setup.
            One thing that really sticks out and is easy to comprehend, is the fact that the north and south magnetic field of each coil is used efficiently compared to the standard 3 pole commutation setup.
            That alone will boost the output of these 3 pole motors, along with the other not so easily discerned improvements ufoP is pointing out.
            peace love light
            tyson

Comment

• Hello Bert

Originally posted by bbem View Post
              @Ufo
              Just to be sure and safe me rewiring labor:
              Guess I can use the same wiring instruction of the 5-pole motor for my pole 7-motors, and just add two extra coil-pairs.
              Or do I need another wiring instruction?

Bert

Hello Bert,

I guess you could try my friend, you could just expand it to seven pairs... I have not done a seven pole ever- that is a weird motor combination, but interesting though...How many poles it has...and brushes?
              So I could sketch it and tell you later on...

If you could shoot a pic of it and show me, would be great...I will have an idea.

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                Hi folks.
                Hi ufoP., ok I was just examining the standard 3 pole motor compared to how how yours is setup.
                One thing that really sticks out and is easy to comprehend, is the fact that the north and south magnetic field of each coil is used efficiently compared to the standard 3 pole commutation setup.
                That alone will boost the output of these 3 pole motors, along with the other not so easily discerned improvements ufoP is pointing out.
                peace love light
                tyson
                Yes you are right Tyson,

A Symmetric three pole will use an inductor coil as to transfer the current but not energizing at some ratios of the turns...not like this ones...
                But You will see the difference and tell me...

Thanks

Ufo

Comment

• Hi Ufo,

A big thank you for all your hard work.

In trying to understand things, as far as I can see at the moment the 5 pole motor (as this is the one i'm working on at this time) doesn't use the energy from the motor fields as they collapse when the respective commutator leaves the brush and field is broken and could still be another part of further design. Can you please correct me if I understand this wrong.

netica

Comment

• Hello Netica

Originally posted by Netica View Post
                    Hi Ufo,

A big thank you for all your hard work.

In trying to understand things, as far as I can see at the moment the 5 pole motor (as this is the one i'm working on at this time) doesn't use the energy from the motor fields as they collapse when the respective commutator leaves the brush and field is broken and could still be another part of further design. Can you please correct me if I understand this wrong.

netica
                    I am sorry, I did not understood your question quite well my friend...

When the Motor Coil leaves the area of contact with the brush...it travels free, idling...it is a Charged Coil and then it meets the delivery side brushes Netica...at 180 degrees apart...there is where you collect the energy...and read it...or use it...

Regards

Ufo

Comment

• 7-pole motor

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                      Hello Bert,

<stuff deleted>

If you could shoot a pic of it and show me, would be great...I will have an idea.

Thanks and regards

Ufopolitics
                      As allways, very generous of you my friend.
                      Here are the pictures.
                      The size is slightly bigger then your RC motors, with just two brushes.
                      I already stripped the coils and added a commutator.
                      Guess I need to rip of condensers and small yoke coils at the brushes.

Regard, Bert
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                        Hi all

Just a small and crude video how to for the winding

hope this helps

good luck at all

ufo assymetric motor winding crude tuto 1 - YouTube
                        Congratulations woopy,
                        Am v v happy to see your success. You r too quick.
                        Can you please measure current of original and then ufo modified motor also rpm before and after??
                        Bestregards,
                        D.J

Comment

• My Bosch 750 Watts Motor Converted To Asymmetric

Hello to all the ones who are replicating here...

Just for ALL of you out there, I know you are interested in building it with me here...this is what is supposed to be done...and that is why am here!!

Thanks!

Here is the 750 Watts BOSCH Motor Diagram I have run with that miniature battery for more than seven minutes in my last testing...and could not stop it...it carries me on an electric scooter with three LiPo's (36V) and hauling ...

It has 20 poles, four stators, four brushes on each upper lower ends...I wound it with 18 awg, around 20 turns per coil of two pairs...I have to make a resistance measurement and I will post it later on...On this motors is easy to do that "per Two Pairs of coils" since it has four Motor Brushes, all to do is rotate the armature...till find a good contact...they are also great to be able to diagnose that way...for open coils...

@Mathew Jones: This is it Matt, sorry I did not had the CAD at the time you posted your question, and no, it is not like the connections you have shown before...

Now, for sake of simplicity and not to fill it up with 20 Pairs of Coils...I have set it with just the Four Pairs that are interacting at the brush contacts...but the same "Laws Apply"...they are all wound in same directions...and starting all at one commutator and end at the other one...

Now, in order not to get confused with the number of poles config or else ...

Just think as a straight coil that you have separated in Two Halves right at their center, and inserted one right next to the other half, where the both sections facing outwards toward stators...were the upper-lower ends at its straight (before) shape...

It is Ok to do "Finger rolling in the air, like following the wounds while turning to next pole"...just try that no one is watching you...or is going to think you have gone mentally insane...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• That is a Beauty!!

Originally posted by bbem View Post
                            As allways, very generous of you my friend.
                            Here are the pictures.
                            The size is slightly bigger then your RC motors, with just two brushes.
                            I already stripped the coils and added a commutator.
                            Guess I need to rip of condensers and small yoke coils at the brushes.

Regard, Bert
                            Hello My friend...

That is a very good quality motor!!...not like all the Chinese crap we find around in most stuff!!..It seems like this motor was in a pretty sophisticated equipment (Audio-or sensitive electronics)...is specially designed for "A" Purpose...and the little inductors tell me that...

Yes, just get rid of them...they were there to catch the "trapped and reversed crashed" Radiant......We do not need them...

Now Bert, if you could wait till I figure on a CAD...I say now that am not sure, because there is gonna be too much overlapping there of 14 Coils...it used to be one coil per pole right?...so the other thing I need is to shut a pic from above with stators positioning and armature (no upper cap) (to see how many poles are involved per pole)...

The thing with this Asymm motors is that Coils at Motor-Gen can not be facing each others at 180 degrees...or will cancel electrical flow...because of opposed Magnetic Fields...

Thanks

Regards

Ufo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              20090823173537 - YouTube

SPEC'S OF MOTOR (PDF) BELOW...It is not a 700W but a 750W Motor, 24V in "Symmetric Version"...

You guys tell me...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Hello sir,
                              Is it poosible to loop back the generated 18v to self run the motor?/
                              i am very much excited to see that.
                              You work definitely the blessing for humanity.
                              Regards,
                              D.J

Comment

• Originally posted by larryross View Post
                                Your theory on the coil reversing polarity is a simple thing to check out......
                                Amazing fast running thread. Thanks for all your sharing!

Regarding reversal or not we need to decern two possibilities of reversing a magnetic field.
                                1. We can fight frontally against and will have the effect like shaking a heavy flywheel in our hands. In the end we can force a nail into wood if we use this wheel as a hammer. - Not very smart. Shure, we get a reversal but in the expense of discarding all energy stored before and filling another new chunk of energy again and again.

2. We can reverse polarity by rotating the field in another direction. So we get a reversal without depletig the magnetic energy before. We opreate a flywheel in a genuine art.

@Ufo and Lamare: Is there a common view here?
                                ~o0o~

As I have difficulties in following in detail all knowledge presented here the notion above might not apply. So please comment. Approval and disaproval have same potential in order to get more and refined knowledge.

BTW: This is one methode of some Asian cultures: Not to search the "facts" in direct way but to first find out what shurely does not hold - proved. Thus there is a good chance to not discard smart solutions in early state long before the matter is understood well.
                                rgds John
                                Last edited by JohnStone; 07-14-2012, 08:22 AM.
                                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X